PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway of beating expert vocals without..

DrunkenHobo
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
..having to sing like a high pitched robot?

TwistedFate
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Just sing in your normal voice. It's based on note pitch not absolute pitch. In other words Low C = Middle C = High C. As long as you hit the right note it doesn't care what octave you are in.

Bl°°dwolf
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
That is quite true, but as I've said both on the RB2 forums and in one of my youtube vid comments: some people with low pitched voices may do better using higher pitches for pitch & breath control. Depends on the range the vocalist in the song covers and your own. Take "I Saw Her Standing There"... I just got the number 1 rank in that song, but I had to sing it a couple dozen times after finding the right beatlemania path and the high pitched 'woooo' sections are killer on my voice if I try to sing it as 'woo', so it ends up more like a high pitched 'E' to consistantly hit it without damaging my throat.

In other words, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to make the FC. :P

ridethepiggy
11-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Just sing in your normal voice. It's based on note pitch not absolute pitch. In other words Low C = Middle C = High C. As long as you hit the right note it doesn't care what octave you are in.

Exactly what he said.
Where do people get this idea that they have to sing in the highest possible octave in order for the game to register their voice?

Stufin135
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Exactly what he said.
Where do people get this idea that they have to sing in the highest possible octave in order for the game to register their voice?
Read the above post, although what twisted said is true so is what bloodwolf said ;).

Bl°°dwolf
11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Exactly what he said.

Better mic + sensitivity adjustments = win!

*edit* If I tried singing a lot of Beatles songs in a lower octave my voice would literally drop out at the lower end, and while you can change octaves in the middle of a song, it's a pain in the ass for most of us.