PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Infinite gold glitch (not redcliffe)

zzenigmaxzz
11-10-2009, 02:40 AM
credit for this goes to sid9095 from gamefaqs, only posting it here since im not sure if he has an account here and its a nice cheat

1. Enter your inventory screen.
2. Move any item into your Junk area by pressing the Y button. Make sure the item is expensive.
3. Go to a vendor.
4. Highlight the expensive item in your Junk Inventory, as if you were about to sell it.
5. Quickly press the Y button (to sell all junk) followed immediately by the A button (to sell) as fast as possible.
6. You should have more gold than you started with. Buyback the items, and repeat the process.

and then to add on to that you can turn this into infinite experience at the end of the game by getting a chunk of money and then going to your camp and donating money to the arl's men (took 2500 sovereigns to go from 21-22) and this cheat lets you get a couple hundred a minute if you get the timing down right and have an expensive enough item (staff of the magister lords is good since it sells for 27 sovereigns)

Incognito
11-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Either you're not explaining it well enough or I'm missing something.

OF COURSE you're going to have more gold than you started with if you're selling something to a vendor. Buying it back then reduces your gold by the same amount, and then selling it again increases it back.

I went back and forth with this for 5 mins and my total gold never increased.

So? What's missing?

zzenigmaxzz
11-10-2009, 03:33 AM
you can buy back items for what they sell for as long as you dont leave the shop menu .. so if you sell an item "twice" you get double the gold so you will have a net gain of whatever the item sells for

basically what this cheat is doing is tricking the game into thinking youre selling an item 2 times .. once when you press y and then again when you press a

youre problem is in the timing .. you need to press y then a almost simultaneously but not exactly at the same time ... once you get the timing down right you will see how fast you rake in the gold

Munkapotatoes
11-10-2009, 03:36 AM
they're talking about "quick tricking" the game. Like oldschool diablo 1 duping. Issue two commands against the same object simultaneously (regular sales, VS. junkpage sales), and the game is just slow enough that they'll be accepted. Haven't tried it yet, but in theory it could be good.

This also relies on the "buyback" page that allows you to repurchase the item for the price you sold it for. (in case of accidental selling). So you sell it twice, and buy it once, for a net profit of the sales price.

Edit: Just tested, and it works, but the timing is AMAZINGLY difficult to hit. Good work finding this.

zzenigmaxzz
11-10-2009, 04:14 AM
once you get the timing down its easy to it .. but it does take some work getting it down ... took me about 50 tries before i got it to work now it works about 90% of the time for me

DarqStalker
11-10-2009, 05:46 AM
haha.. works like a charm. Got it in my 5th attempt. You do gotta be pretty quick with the Y then A press. I haven't been to Redcliffe yet, but I can only assume this trick is way faster.

Thanks for sharing.

zzenigmaxzz
11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
its tons faster if you have an expensive piece of equipment to start (no load times)

plus you get to stay away from redcliffe which seems to be the cause of alot of corrupted save files

Ionus
11-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Yep this works, even at the starting Grey Wardens camp, I am using the Blood Dragon armor (only worth 7 gold 65 silver) but now I have 15+ gold :) will build it from there..

Toasty411
11-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Does this work on the PC?

zzenigmaxzz
11-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Does this work on the PC?

no idea, you could try to go to the pc forum and gamefaqs and ask them to try it

David x360a
11-10-2009, 04:58 PM
It worked like a dream, thanks buddy :)

Zombiechild
11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
yep works like a charm its all down to speed i find it works 2out of 5 attempts and that sliding your thumb across the pad right to left (hitting Y then very quickly seems to be the best method trying to press Y then A is to slow

side note Shops.. how and when do they Restock!? need healing items >< :(

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
yep works like a charm its all down to speed i find it works 2out of 5 attempts and that sliding your thumb across the pad right to left (hitting Y then very quickly seems to be the best method trying to press Y then A is to slow

side note Shops.. how and when do they Restock!? need healing items >< :(

now that you have infinite money you can buy elfroots from brecilian and flasks from the camp and then you can make healing potions

ChaosGod87
11-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Nice find on this one, I'm trying it out now and seem to be getting it down. The most expensive thing I have is the blood dragon plate. Thanks!

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Nice find on this one, I'm trying it out now and seem to be getting it down. The most expensive thing I have is the blood dragon plate. Thanks!

go buy the dagger from one of the shops in orzammar .. it sells for like 29 gold .. its the most expensive thing in the game i have found and i have bought everything lol

Dude Rain
11-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Another confirmation, and a thank you. I went from 100 sovereign to 300 in just under 2 minutes with the blood dragon plate once I got this down.

DarqStalker
11-11-2009, 03:28 AM
go buy the dagger from one of the shops in orzammar .. it sells for like 29 gold .. its the most expensive thing in the game i have found and i have bought everything lol

There's a 2 handed sword you can buy from the dwarf guy in Denarim for about 151 sovereign I think. You can resell it for 32 sov over and over. I got up to over 1000 sov in a few minutes.

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 03:45 AM
There's a 2 handed sword you can buy from the dwarf guy in Denarim for about 151 sovereign I think. You can resell it for 32 sov over and over. I got up to over 1000 sov in a few minutes.

remember the name of the sword ?

BlO0DJUNKi3
11-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Works great, i've got it working 9 out of 10 times.

EDIT: Page needed refreshed, didn't see the other posts lol

I've been using "The Veshialle" which i bought from the dwarf at the party camp for about 144 sovereign.
It sells for a little over 21 sovereign so its fairly quick to gain money with it.

If i find better i'll post them.

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Works great, i've got it working 9 out of 10 times.

EDIT: Page needed refreshed, didn't see the other posts lol

I've been using "The Veshialle" which i bought from the dwarf at the party camp for about 144 sovereign.
It sells for a little over 21 sovereign so its fairly quick to gain money with it.

If i find better i'll post them.

best item ive found is the last rose which is worth about 29 .. someone said theres something better but i havent found anything

BlO0DJUNKi3
11-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Found what he's talking about in Denerim.

Its the "Chasind Great Maul". Cost about 151 from the dwarf in Denerim market, sells for 34.

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Found what he's talking about in Denerim.

Its the "Chasind Great Maul". Cost about 151 from the dwarf in Denerim market, sells for 34.

thanks ... good to know

Zombiechild
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
now that you have infinite money you can buy elfroots from brecilian and flasks from the camp and then you can make healing potions

lol erm... never thought of that was too "fixed" on getting gold for armour and weps :boxer

still would be good to know if you can force a restock i want some more skill books from vendors!! ..

to expand on this is it posible to buy an item twice?... not tried it and only just thought about it now.. while at work :(

T i o u Z
11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
It's a cool trick but it's not like it was hard to get money in the game. 95% that you find on bodies you sell it. I finished the game I had like 500 gold

Grummy
11-11-2009, 11:06 AM
thanks ... good to know

Yep, it's the one I just tried it wih, works wonders, I got up to 390 gold in about 20 seconds.

I find it easy to time. Doy ou all know what I mean when I say 'drumming your fingers'? It's when you put your 4 fingers of one hand on a surface then tap them rapidly one afer the other onto the surface, starting with your littlest finger.

OK, assuming you know how to do this (it's hard to explain what I'd bet EVERYONE knows what I'm talking aobut, een if they can't follow my crappy instructions). Anyway, assuming you know wha I'm talking about, set u the sale as shown above, then set up your fingers so yor middle finger is on Y and your index finger (the one next to your thumb, just incase anyone wasn't sure) on A, then drum them, and it gets it every time. I'm on a 100% success rate from very first attempt an I did 10 sales as a test before posting.

I have no idea what I'll be using this money for though.

Muse89
11-11-2009, 04:06 PM
worked like a charm
took a few tries to get it the first time, but once youve got the timing down its easy
i can see this being fixed with an update in the not too distant future though

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Yep, it's the one I just tried it wih, works wonders, I got up to 390 gold in about 20 seconds.

I find it easy to time. Doy ou all know what I mean when I say 'drumming your fingers'? It's when you put your 4 fingers of one hand on a surface then tap them rapidly one afer the other onto the surface, starting with your littlest finger.

OK, assuming you know how to do this (it's hard to explain what I'd bet EVERYONE knows what I'm talking aobut, een if they can't follow my crappy instructions). Anyway, assuming you know wha I'm talking about, set u the sale as shown above, then set up your fingers so yor middle finger is on Y and your index finger (the one next to your thumb, just incase anyone wasn't sure) on A, then drum them, and it gets it every time. I'm on a 100% success rate from very first attempt an I did 10 sales as a test before posting.

I have no idea what I'll be using this money for though.

best use ive found for the money besides buying all of the rediculously expensive equipment is stocking the troops chest in your party camp to get experience at the end of the game (or any time you want once you get the arls men) this is the better of the 2 exp exploits since you will be able to spec your party members how you see fit

BrassBallz
12-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Though I initially had trouble with the timing, once I got it it worked like a charm! Before the exploit I was having trouble making enough money to buy the gear I wanted but now I can afford everything with a comfortable margin to spare. Many props for this amazing method!

tehGUN
12-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Edit works like a charm as said.

MAKE SURE YOU HIGHLIGHT THE ITEM.

BruteForce0G
12-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I can only get it to work about 1 in 5 attempts but it does work.

Ionus
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Thought I would just bring this post back into the light...

you want gold, then this is the way to get it :)

Mataeus
02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
This works so well! Even on the fully patched GOTY 2-disc edition.