PDA

View Full Version : Traveler Achievement only Guide

Pages : [1] 2

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I got the Traveler achievement today. I have a list of every place you have to visit. I will list them in first by non-missable, and then by missable. I will start this in a little bit. Also I will go into great detail on how to get these places to appear, i just won't go into detail about how to make the Non-Missable places appear. I will add more places when I boot up the game on the 360. BTW you don't need to do all of the origins to unlock this achievement.

Non-Missable places:
-----------------------

Denerim:
Royal Palace
Arl of Denerim's estate
Fort Drakon pt.2
Warehouse

Lothering:

Redcliff:

Haven

Lake Calenhad Docks

Circle Tower

Frostback Mountains:
The Dead Trenches
Anvil of the Void

Brecilian Outskirts
Brecilian Forest
The Elven Tombs
Werewolf Lair

Ostagar

Party Camp

Missable places

Frostback Mountains:

*Cadash Thaig: you have to have shale in your party during Anvil of the Void mission. You also have to destroy the Anvil or shale will leave your party, and you won't get the Golem's Memories side mission that unlocks this area.

Civil War:

Battlefield:

Refugees:

Caravan:

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Continued from the top.

Kadan-Fe Mercenaries:
This is a tricky one since it will disappear off your map after you complete it. but it is required for the traveler achievement. To unlock this Area, you need to recruit Zevran. Then you need to talk to the guy in the Market District in Denerim in the center pavillion between two chests. Afterwards a messanger kid will come up to you on the streets of Denerim and give you a scroll, which unlocks the Trial of the Crows Quest. Go to the Gnawed Noble Tavern in the Market District. Facing the bartender go into the room on the right and talk to Master Ignacio. He will give you a contract to kill the mercenaries that are looking for you. Go to the Pearl and to the back room. Say the secret password, enter and kill the mercenary squad mainly Paedan. Go back to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Talk to Ignacio again to learn there are more scrolls in the chest. In the chest there is a scoll called "Mercenary Hunt". Take this Scroll, and that will unlock this area.

Denerim:

Dirty Back Alley: This unlocks once you take the mission "Back Alley Justice" from the Chantry board in Denerim

Dark Alley: See "Dirty Back Alley"

Rundown Back Streets: See " Dirty Back Alley"

Deserted Building: This will unlock once you found the note on Ser Friden's corpse. A new mission called "The Last Request" will appear, and unlock this area

Fort Drakon Pt. 1: You need to get arrested after saving the Queen at the Arl of Denerim's Estate.

Royal Palace District: This will unlock after you defeated 1-2 of the enemie Darkspawn Generals at the end of the Game. You can skip it if you want to go to Fort Drakon again. So this is an optional Area.

Redcliffe:

Circle Tower:
Outer fade pentagram: There are 3 spaces that unlock on the outer fade pentagram when you are in the Fade thanks to the sloth demon. Once you defeat 2 areas that connect to a outer area, the outer area unlocks. But you need to beat the 5 inner areas to have all 3 outer areas unlock. Go to these areas to get you allies back, and to enter these areas.

*Soldier's Peak:

*Sulcher's Pass:

*Honnleath:

* Stand for Download content.

I am not sure if the DLC count towards this achievement but I listed it anyways. These are all of the areas in the game.

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Reserved for possible future use

David x360a
11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Nice, could prove useful :)

LostButSeeking
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Great guide, very detailed. I was just typing mine up and didn't see yours. Also I would like to add that the places I was missing were actual buildings in towns. They were the only places I visited after I reloaded my save so I am quite positive they are neccessary.

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Great guide, very detailed. I was just typing mine up and didn't see yours. Also I would like to add that the places I was missing were actual buildings in towns. They were the only places I visited after I reloaded my save so I am quite positive they are neccessary.

no their not, cause I only went into a few houses and got the achievement. Like I never went into the locked door in Back alley, nor the houses on the docks at redcliffe other than the one to find the girl's brother for a mission, and the general store. Also I didn't explore all of recliffe castle, there was still the basement I never went into. half your random encounters I never got. I only explored half the dragon's lair, There were places in Ostagar I didn't go to. i only went into the story related houses in alienage. so yes you don't need to go into houses to get the achievement. Also I only did 3 ally missions, Leliana's, Morrigan's, and Shale's

LostButSeeking
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.

see you need the crowes guild mission. also I had 92% explored when I finished the game. I am guessing the last 8% was the houses I ignored.

TrueKilla360
11-10-2009, 02:35 PM
can it be done on multiple playthroughs?,,, I already told the assassins crow that i wasnt interested :(

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 02:43 PM
well he should have said he would leave the stuff in the box. If not I think you can do it multiple playthroughs.

TrueKilla360
11-10-2009, 02:57 PM
well he should have said he would leave the stuff in the box. If not I think you can do it multiple playthroughs.

Hmm When I get home from work all go back to the tavern and see if i can start it up! If not then Ill just get it when I do my rogue playthrough

ponypo2001
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Hmm When I get home from work all go back to the tavern and see if i can start it up! If not then Ill just get it when I do my rogue playthrough

Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!

Thanks, I got this achievement normally by just doing quests. I posted about it in the achievement guide topic, and they asked for me to create a topic. It would have been done earlier but i was very very busy.

Sporty Flea
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks, I got this achievement normally by just doing quests. I posted about it in the achievement guide topic, and they asked for me to create a topic. It would have been done earlier but i was very very busy.

Ray, this is great, thanks a lot for everything.

-timax

Omera148
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM

Can anyone confirm this after you tell him to leave? I checked and there's no box, it's in the inn in Denerim right? Or is it located somewhere else? This would greatly be appreciated if anyone can confirm OR if anyone who just needed the mercenary hunt can confirm they did it on a second playthrough (just got up to that point and it unlocked.

Thanks.

Omera148
11-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Your % doesn't count, the achievement is for every area explored, not world explored. When you hit a new location, it'll say area unlocked, that's the key you are looking for. I have 95% and no achievement, the 5% I'm missing would be from the assassin quests, that alone should prove it's the area that counts, not the % in this case.

Murrots
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
nice guide. thanks a lot this really helps

ApatheticChaos
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Wait, so if I didn't enter the fade for the Arl's son, that means I can't get the travelers achievement?

Even if I have everything else?

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Wait, so if I didn't enter the fade for the Arl's son, that means I can't get the travelers achievement?

Even if I have everything else?

I am pretty sure it does count as a area cause that is a new area. Plus it is way different than the fade from the sloth demon.

ApatheticChaos
11-10-2009, 11:07 PM
And we don't know for sure if the achievement carries over to different playthroughs? That would be very helpful to know if someone has the time.

Ray5555
11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
And we don't know for sure if the achievement carries over to different playthroughs? That would be very helpful to know if someone has the time.

It probably does carry over since every other achievement stat carries over. I.E. romances, endings ect....

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 12:20 AM
In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.

Omera148
11-11-2009, 12:37 AM
In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: You've gotta be f'n kidding me. Did you skip any major sections outside of the fade?

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 01:58 AM
no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.
I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 02:03 AM
well i know what one i missed .. i didnt get arrested when i went to save the queen.. i killed everyone there, thats the only place on your list i didnt go to so it must be it

Omera148
11-11-2009, 03:16 AM
no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.
I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.

Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.

Ray5555
11-11-2009, 03:27 AM
well i know what one i missed .. i didnt get arrested when i went to save the queen.. i killed everyone there, thats the only place on your list i didnt go to so it must be it

Yeah see the first visit to fort drakon which is optional, and easily missable, is the dungeon part, and you only get one chance to get there. You must get arrested. If you don't you will miss this area.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Did you skip many buildings too? I just want to be 100% sure I don't need to go into every chantry or market store. I'm just going to hit all the locations above and cross them off one by one.

2nd run is much faster, I love skipping the dialogue and my first rogue is a beast since I was able to define Leilana so well. I'm already at Lothering less then an hour. I figure by the end of the week I'll be completely finished, I'm still ticked I need to complete the entire game AGAIN but it's such a good game it's hard to be too angry about it.

I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.

Omera148
11-11-2009, 05:26 AM
I went everywhere that the main plot points and side quests took me too. May be overkill but I didnt feel like a 3rd playthru. Im sure I did not go into EVERY building but I didnt intentionally skip them either. I really dont think the buildings of an area count toward the achievement, just the overall area itself. The buildings count toward your percentage but I dont think thats the same thing. I did not do every character sidequest either.

What was your % at the end? I'm just nervous I want to make sure if it counts, it counts. If it's like the low 80's then I'm fine, I'm just annoyed I had 95% and it couldn't be bothered to give me a pass in that case.

ApatheticChaos
11-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Can anyone whose done a second playthrough verify something...does it still say area unlocked throughout the game?

Ionus
11-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you for the great guide :) I like it very, very much...

firehawk12
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
This popped for me and I wouldn't mind sharing my stats... I was just wondering where I could find them?

FYI: My world explored was 95% and my game complete was 90%.

Ray5555
11-11-2009, 04:21 PM
This popped for me and I wouldn't mind sharing my stats... I was just wondering where I could find them?

Just press the back button, and go to Quest menu. Then from there press left until you see where it says individual achievements, and there is a thing that says party achievements. it will appear on the right side and you can scroll down using the RS to see your stats.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
What was your % at the end? I'm just nervous I want to make sure if it counts, it counts. If it's like the low 80's then I'm fine, I'm just annoyed I had 95% and it couldn't be bothered to give me a pass in that case.

My save right before the final boss fight (literally in front of the door) shows 93% complete. I got the achievement when I entered that last door.
My save right before the "final" landsmeet cut scene (again right at the door) is at 78%. After that point, I went straight to the end so the remaining areas would be all the battles throughout denerim on the way to the final boss fight area.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Can anyone whose done a second playthrough verify something...does it still say area unlocked throughout the game?

yes it does.

dn604
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
The only places that "should" count towards this achievement is when it actually pops up in game and tells you a somewhere is "unlocked". Random houses and places shouldn't count. Places unlocked by Shale or any other DLC, certainly won't count towards it, or matter.

xRogue 5x
11-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I believe that going into the buildings does count towards this.

I didn't get this on my first playthrough. On the second the only difference was this time i went into the dwarven chantry that opens up after that quest and the haunted oprhan building in the alienege.

After doing those two and finishing the game the achievement unlocked.

wizzlestick
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I believe that going into the buildings does count towards this.

I didn't get this on my first playthrough. On the second the only difference was this time i went into the dwarven chantry that opens up after that quest and the haunted oprhan building in the alienege.

After doing those two and finishing the game the achievement unlocked.

I did both of these as well and got a % point for the orphanage but nothing for the chantry just fyi not sure if its by % or locations but with enough data like this we'll figure it out :woop:

razlken
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
i have a quick question i missed the assassin's stronghold, so i was thinking since the data is transferred between playthroughs is it possible to discover the location with the second character and then load the save of the previous one just in-front of the final door, would that unlock it?

Ray5555
11-11-2009, 07:44 PM
My save right before the final boss fight (literally in front of the door) shows 93% complete. I got the achievement when I entered that last door.
My save right before the "final" landsmeet cut scene (again right at the door) is at 78%. After that point, I went straight to the end so the remaining areas would be all the battles throughout denerim on the way to the final boss fight area.

Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as towards the world %. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals. I would have listed the Market district, and alienage as new areas in the guide, but I already have them listed. since they are story required It is useless for me to put them in there again.

wizzlestick
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as towards the world %. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals.

I was also at 78% going into the Landsmeet and then after the final battles to the rooftop my final was 93%. The whole of Fort Draxon only gives 1% so those final battles really give you some nice jumps in exploration.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Actually the last story battles, as well as the districts in denerim during the final battles count as new areas. I was at 78% until I went through the final battles and did District missions again to kill the Darkspawn generals.

Yeah like i said, I was at 78% right at that point too, just prior to the last landsmeet cutscene which is the point of no return. After defeating the 2 generals and fighting all the battles, standing right in front of the door to the archdemon my percentage complete was 93%. When I open that final door the achievement unlocked.
Just for info when I resumed the game in "freeplay" mode after the ending and check my percentage it is 94% explored.

Ray5555
11-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I was also at 78% going into the Landsmeet and then after the final battles to the rooftop my final was 93%. The whole of Fort Draxon only gives 1% so those final battles really give you some nice jumps in exploration.

Yeah I ound that funny too. But what are you going to do?

TrueKilla360
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah see the first visit to fort drakon which is optional, and easily missable, is the dungeon part, and you only get one chance to get there. You must get arrested. If you don't you will miss this area.

When and how do you get aressted?

Kelz
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM
wow, I had the same stats in exploration like some of you, 93%, just before the door to the final boss. But once I went trough the door, the achievement did not unlock. Maybe I missed something important or it's glitched or something... Any thoughts?

I'll probably get it on my second run...

firehawk12
11-11-2009, 09:54 PM
When and how do you get aressted?

After you rescue the Queen and try to leave Howe's estate.

Elite Assassin
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
This seems like it will take awhile. I hope it just pops up randomly for me without it being my last achievement and me having to look for the places I missed. I have been everywhere on that list but have not beat the game on any of my 5 playthroughs. So hopefully after the final battle this will unlock.

Grummy
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah like i said, I was at 78% right at that point too, just prior to the last landsmeet cutscene which is the point of no return. After defeating the 2 generals and fighting all the battles, standing right in front of the door to the archdemon my percentage complete was 93%. When I open that final door the achievement unlocked.
Just for info when I resumed the game in "freeplay" mode after the ending and check my percentage it is 94% explored.

Wait, are you saying that you didn't get 100% exploration after the credits and resuming the game, but still got the achievement?

Well, assuming this isn't a glitched achievement, this list is eitehr not complete or not telling us everything.

It's a great check list, so thanks for putting it together, but I went through and checked every single one off and didn't get the achievement. Finished the game, and when I resumed (After credits) my stats say 95% explored.

Does every character hae a private quest? And do any o them have new places to explore? I only did Shale, Morrigan and Alistairs quests, so Im thinking that may be the case (Does the skit with the Anvil etc count as Oghren's personal quest?)

bloodswan
11-12-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm not sure if you can get the achievement on multiple playthroughs. I am fairly sure that I only missed Kadan-Fe on my first playthrough and the achievement didn't unlock once I went there on my second playthrough. What sucks if this is the case is that comkpletely forgot about the fade in Redcliffe and killed Connor. Oh well I was going to do atleast 6 playthroughs anyway.

Scrapdaddy
11-12-2009, 01:54 AM
wow, I had the same stats in exploration like some of you, 93%, just before the door to the final boss. But once I went trough the door, the achievement did not unlock. Maybe I missed something important or it's glitched or something... Any thoughts?

I'll probably get it on my second run...

My guess is that maybe you went into more random buildings but missed a small area. That would give you the same % but you still have not been to every area. I don't really know though, so just a guess. I think the thing to remember is that the achievement is for areas unlocked and NOT 100% complete. I can see how people could get the achievement at various completion between 93 - 100%. My final completion is at 94%. The only constant I've heard is that it always pops at the end of the game when going into the final boss fight.

Scrapdaddy
11-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Wait, are you saying that you didn't get 100% exploration after the credits and resuming the game, but still got the achievement?

Well, assuming this isn't a glitched achievement, this list is eitehr not complete or not telling us everything.

It's a great check list, so thanks for putting it together, but I went through and checked every single one off and didn't get the achievement. Finished the game, and when I resumed (After credits) my stats say 95% explored.

Does every character hae a private quest? And do any o them have new places to explore? I only did Shale, Morrigan and Alistairs quests, so Im thinking that may be the case (Does the skit with the Anvil etc count as Oghren's personal quest?)

Yes my final is 94%. Prior to going into the last boss fight area I was at 93%. I think Ray's list is correct, keep in mind the achievement is for the areas unlocked and has nothing to do with the exploration completion percentage.
I dont know if they all have sidequest but thru both playthrus I only did the character specific sidequests for Morrigan, Shale, Alistar and Leliana. If they count then I got lucky cause I didnt do the others.

Grummy
11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
If the list was completely correct I'd have got the achievement because I checked off every single one and I didn't miss any areas at all, I fully explored every last corner, so something is missing. Unless, of course, ths is another glitched achievement, which is highly possible.

Ray5555
11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes my final is 94%. Prior to going into the last boss fight area I was at 93%. I think Ray's list is correct, keep in mind the achievement is for the areas unlocked and has nothing to do with the exploration completion percentage.
I dont know if they all have sidequest but thru both playthrus I only did the character specific sidequests for Morrigan, Shale, Alistar and Leliana. If they count then I got lucky cause I didnt do the others.

No my list is correct, and complete if you want the achievement. I only did the Leliana's, and Morrigan's side quests. I did all of the chantry board quests. I did half of the mages quests. I did all of the mercs quests. I only did 2 of the assassin's guild quests. Like stated you, don't need 100% explored you just need to enter every area, the proceed to the final battle in the game where the achievement unlocks.

I never went into the chantry in Ozammar. I only got a few random encounters. I avoided most houses unless it was quest related. I skipped most of the second area in the dragon's lair, and made a b line straight to the cult. I did do the DLC. Maybe the shale DLC does count towards the achievement since it is free?

I even went and tested it again on a dummy profile. Following my guide I got the Travelers achievement when I got to the archdemon. Are you doing the market district and alienage when you are on the final battle?

If the list was completely correct I'd have got the achievement because I checked off every single one and I didn't miss any areas at all, I fully explored every last corner, so something is missing. Unless, of course, ths is another glitched achievement, which is highly possible.

The only thing I can think of is after exploring the areas you didn't go through the roof door on fort drakon. Either that or you are one of the very very few people that got glitched out of a achievement, other then the DLC ones. Like I stated earlier I played through again after I got the traveler achievement on a dummy account, and following my list as soon as I went through the door leading to the archdemon the achievement unlocked.

True Marvellous
11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Im speed running through the game, as much as you can speed an rpg to test this list.

I'd missed the merc camp on my main game, so didnt get it.

I'll report back when done.

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Either your guide is incomplete (houses and such) or this achievement is buggy because i went through your guide checking every place as i went and when i got to the archdemon no achievement

True Marvellous
11-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Just finished went through every place on the list even went to one not list a map spot which appears as the 3rd merc mission and it didn't unlock.

So that leaves a several possible conclusions , there's a location missing off the list, bu if there is I'm dammed where it is.

or

Exploration percentage and/or house interiors count for it

or

Its glitched

Ive got a save before I hand n the last mission so I can go back over the locations again later, but the only two really missible locations are the Conner's fade and the mercs, all the chantry ones you can really miss.

Shame though I'm stuck on 1065gs.

Incognito
11-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I can say unequivocably that this guide DOES NOT WORK.

I just spent 2 days going to every single spot listed and just stepped on the roof to face the archdemon and DID NOT GET IT.

This guide is incomplete and does not work, period.

Infomouse
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
I was fairly mad when i read that all i missed was fort drakon part 1, seems like a stupid thing to make you play a certain way for the achievement. Oh well i suppose another playthrough wont hurt.

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-13-2009, 12:45 AM
I am going to go back and try entering all the houses and then see if this unlocks because if so then we will have proof that houses do count

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Being speaking to a mate who has got the achievement, he's looked at this list and says threes two location that he thinks are missing.

1st is the one I mentioned Its the 3rd merc mission and is dropping off a ransom, it puts another square on-the denerim map.

He also siad that there's a hideout location that's also missing in denerim, you get it by doing the bartenders illegal quest in Denerim.

Ive just got the quest now on a old save and one the quest you have to do are dump some bodies which is easy.

Get some toxic extracts not too hard as shops sell them and spiders drop them.

But the last one is going to be a git, you have to find 12 love letters.

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Being speaking to a mate who has got the achievement, he's looked at this list and says threes two location that he thinks are missing.

1st is the one I mentioned Its the 3rd merc mission and is dropping off a ransom, it puts another square on-the denerim map.

He also siad that there's a hideout location that's also missing in denerim, you get it by doing the bartenders illegal quest in Denerim.

Ive just got the quest now on a old save and one the quest you have to do are dump some bodies which is easy.

actually you dont need to find the letters or the toxin just go back to the guy after dumping the bodies and hell have another quest for you and after each new quest youll get another to unlock the hideout

however i went to both of these on my playthrough and i still didnt get the achievement however i would like to know if someone did it without the DLC because i dont have both of them and i missed the side quest for shale

Chief027
11-13-2009, 02:14 AM
Yeah... this is the only achievement I have yet to unlock; after 3 playthroughs and checking off everything in this topic, I'm pretty sure this is glitched or something. I'm going to try again after clearing the cache... if that doesn't work then :confused:

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Right, just visited Ks Hideout, now have to do all the lands meet gubbins yet again, and hope it pops.

That's for tomorrow though need my beauty sleep now.

Ray5555
11-13-2009, 02:58 AM

I did none of those missions you mentioned, I got the traveler's achievement. I really don't think houses count since I didn't go into any in Ozammar, I didn't really go into any in the other places. The only thing i am thinking of is maybe the DLC does count towards the achievement.

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 03:03 AM
I have all the DLC,

The Cripplers
11-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Just finished a 2nd run. Went to everywhere on this list. Hit the fade, the mercs, the crows missions. Went to the ransom drop and K's hideout. Ended up at 95%. No achievement. Didn't do the 12 love letters. No idea what I missed.

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Just finished a 2nd run. Went to everywhere on this list. Hit the fade, the mercs, the crows missions. Went to the ransom drop and K's hideout. Ended up at 95%. No achievement. Didn't do the 12 love letters. No idea what I missed.

did you do all the dlc areas? i have a feeling they might count because of the fact that they guy offers you the mission even if you dont have the dlc

ApatheticChaos
11-13-2009, 05:17 AM
There is definitely something missing, as I checked off all the items, and AT the final boss, I had 87%. So something was omitted, or theres something simple that people are overlooking like houses counting or a quest that wasn't mentioned.

The Cripplers
11-13-2009, 05:19 AM
did you do all the dlc areas? i have a feeling they might count because of the fact that they guy offers you the mission even if you dont have the dlc

Yeah, did all the DLC areas as well including Shale's quest.

ponypo2001
11-13-2009, 05:36 AM
I just got it on my first playthrough and can add a few things.I killed Ignacio so could never do the assassin quests but they weren't needed.I also never got all the love letters so that is irrelevent too.I did all the DLC and every other board quest.I got arrested also but never visited the chantry in Orzamar.

I think this achievement could be a little buggy or many of us have just been somewhere that others are missing.We should all remember however,before we say the guide is incomplete or doesn't work,Ray worked his ass off to compile this.Any comments should be to help,not pick at any holes.If we work together,the guide will be as close to perfect as you can get.

Looking over the guide,I see nowhere on there that I went to that Ray didn't.Like I said,I even missed a couple of the places but they did NOT count for me.

ApatheticChaos
11-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I have a question for the people that DID get the achievement. Before picking the dwarven king, did you do the proving grounds or go tell the people of harrowmount's lies?

SupremeRapier
11-13-2009, 07:38 AM
I have a question for the people that DID get the achievement. Before picking the dwarven king, did you do the proving grounds or go tell the people of harrowmount's lies?
lol I was just about to ask that

Jemocasa
11-13-2009, 07:48 AM
I did the Proving Grounds.

SupremeRapier
11-13-2009, 07:56 AM
I did the Proving Grounds.
does the Aeducan Thaig get unlocked normally?

ApatheticChaos
11-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Just did a ton of side-quests and attempted to visit every area possible. On rooftop with 92%, still no achievement...

I guess the only other option is to start over, and just do EVERY quest in EVERY area, which makes this guide somewhat pointless now.

Muse89
11-13-2009, 11:46 AM
is there any way to get back into the fade for the outer parts of the pentagram in the mages tower? i never bothered going to them before now im guessing ill need another playthrough for this achievement

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 12:51 PM
is there any way to get back into the fade for the outer parts of the pentagram in the mages tower? i never bothered going to them before now im guessing ill need another playthrough for this achievement

Afraid not.

when_vegans_attack
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah... this is the only achievement I have yet to unlock; after 3 playthroughs and checking off everything in this topic, I'm pretty sure this is glitched or something. I'm going to try again after clearing the cache... if that doesn't work then :confused:

Same thing here.
I've walked into every building I've come across (with multiple characters), the game lists my exploration at 98%, and I have all the DLC. I really dunno what else to do...

(I've also been to the provings and everything else people are asking about. I guess I need to find that last 2%.)

does the Aeducan Thaig get unlocked normally?

Yes, as soon as you can fast-travel in the Deep Roads.

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Holy shit I got it,:drunk

Following on from one of my previous post I reloaded my pre landsmeet save in and this is what I did different to my previous failure.

1) Did the Gnawed Nobles Taverns landlords quest line until K's Hideout appears on the Denerim map.

2) I did slim's burglary quest that gave me another destination on the Denerim map, an estate I needed to rob but that disappeared on completion. (bit unfair if you need this as I think only rouges can get this guy)

3) I went in every door in Denerim Market place, and the Alienage (makes sure you don't miss the Templar's quest which leads into the orphanage)

4) All doors in all areas of Orzammar visited

5) All doors in Redcliffe visited

6) All doors in the Village of Haven visited

I then Initiated the Landsmeet and went on to finish the game.

I had already accepted it wasnt going to pop, and when it did I ran round the living room with my t shirt over my head. :woop:

My world explored % as of when the achievement popped was 94%, just incase that matters at all which I dont think it does.

Would be good if the OP could add The ransom drop, K's Hideout, and possible the burglary side quest to the list of locations to make the list more accurate, as they could be needed.

Best of luck everyone, and hope some of my ramblings have helped.

monroe
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Very interestingly

Muse89
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
is there no way to get the theft one unless your a rogue? thats seems kinda unfair

monroe
11-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks, are useful :)

ponypo2001
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Probably worth pointing out I too did the burglary questline.I was a dwarf commoner warrior but had the starting steal talent so I don't think you need to be a rogue at all.I also did the K's hideout questline.

littlejay
11-13-2009, 04:29 PM
i just missed the fade in redcliff, so i really have to revisit ever area on my 2nd playthrough or just speed through the game after the fade?

ThatRuddyGuy
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I got the achievement on my first playthrough. I was a Warrior. I think I did all the quests except the thieving line. Didn't even know about that one, I never put points on my character for stealing. Only on Leliana. So, you can get it without doing that chain. And I did go into the Fade at Redcliffe.

guthmund
11-13-2009, 04:47 PM

If they do, that sucks.

I've done the golem quests, but don't have the soldier's peak stuff. I can't set foot there until I buy the DLC, can I?

I've done all the quests and been to all the places so far mentioned in the thread with the exception of the the thieves quest that ponypo brought up and I still don't have the achievement.

littlejay
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
dlc shouldn't count towards it, if so, if you live after the game is over you can still play dlc areas but that's about it

B1GgYsMA1lz
11-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Following on from one of my previous post I reloaded my pre landsmeet save in and this is what I did different to my previous failure.

1) Did the Gnawed Nobles Taverns landlords quest line until K's Hideout appears on the Denerim map.

2) I did slim's burglary quest that gave me another destination on the Denerim map, an estate I needed to rob but that disappeared on completion. (bit unfair if you need this as I think only rouges can get this guy)

3) I went in every door in Denerim Market place, and the Alienage (makes sure you don't miss the Templar's quest which leads into the orphanage)

I had already accepted it wasnt going to pop, and when it did I ran round the living room with my t shirt over my head. :woop:

My world explored % as of when the achievement popped was 94%, just incase that matters at all which I dont think it does.

Would be good if the OP could add The ransom drop, K's Hideout, and possible the burglary side quest to the list of locations to make the list more accurate, as they could be needed.

I will try all these things that i have not and see if i get it if not then i will asume that the DLC counts twords the achievement which will be stupid

EDIT: SWEET i got it after doing everything on this list so if the topic creator could add the things on this list i think this guide would be complete, and for people still stuggling try to do the things on here

also my % was at 94 when i beat the game, also i would like to send a huge thanks out to ray for the guide and TM for filling the little holes

also one final thing, you should probabley take the DLC locations off the list i can confirm 100% that they don't count for this achievement, and if they are left on there then i think they will confuse people

Incognito
11-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I got it.

It was "K's" hideout that did it for me. Once I got that location it increased my % by 1 and when I went to the rooftop it popped.

Thank the Maker thats over.

ponypo2001
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Very good to see this is popping for people now.I was pooping that I missed it first playthrough but thankfully,being anal with doing all the quests saved my bacon hehe

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Great news, glad I could be some help

Yusuke620
11-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Could someone post a picture of the map with all the village/dungeon icons on it. I know some of the places you can visit dont show up on the map, but for the ones that do a picture would be helpful.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Well I'm at 95% now when completed, I haven't done the thieving questline as Slim couldry I think his name is doesn't appear on Denerim. My character is a rogue class aswell when expert lock picking though he is never there. Anyone know how to get him to appear or know a reason why he has disapeared?

Another question is Elven ruins the same as Eleven tombs? Because on the map it says eleven tombs but in a guide I have it says eleven ruins so are they the same because if not somehow I've missed the tombs.

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Elven Ruins is the same as Elven Tombs.

As for Slim I did notice on my playthrough he disappeared from Denerim after I had rescued the Queen.

If your before that point, I don't know, he is normally stood at the Western corner of the shops that Wades Emporium is on.

One other thing does your rouge have the steal skill, maybe thats needed to spawn him.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 12:20 AM
No Steal, Well thanks for the answer for the elven tombs stuff because now I know for sure it has to be this thieving stuff because I've done everything else on the list plus the extras also quoted later on. The hideout and the other below the pearl. Guess I gotta try and get myself a level then to get a steal point

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Reason I think you need steal ability is initially he offers you pick pocketing jobs and when you refuse he then gives your the burglary ones.

Probably the fastest way for you to get a point would be to buy a skill tome, as you don't get skill points every level.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Well I managed to get a level by doing some proving ground quests, as I didnt do those side quests before and I was close enough to level 20 to get my level from it. I added one in stealing and one in stealth and have managed to get to Bann Franderel’s Estate, nothing else come of that after the trap was sprung. Any other areas other than the Estate itself? If not I'm gonna try finishing the game again this time it will be at 96% world explored

The Cripplers
11-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Finally got it.
Following some other people here, I took a save before landsmeet and went all over the place, in houses, in every area I could. Ended up at 95% (probably this number doesn't matter, but I was 94% before) and it popped entering the roof.

As I went through it, I believe there were 3 places that I hadn't been. Could have been more, but who knows.
The 3 places that I think I missed the first time were:
Chantry in Ozammarr
Harrowmont's house in Ozammarr
Dwyn's house in Redcliffe.

I guessing it had to be at least one of those needed if not 2 or all 3.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 06:14 AM
no luck at 96%.

I can't seem to find the chantry in ozamarr which is mentioned above. Does he/she mean the shaperete?

dynnes house?

Chief027
11-14-2009, 06:41 AM
The chantry in Orzammar is the result of a quest you get from Brother Burkel. Convince the shaper to let him open a chantry and it will be next to Tapsters.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 07:29 AM
The chantry in Orzammar is the result of a quest you get from Brother Burkin (or something like that). Convince the shaper guy to let him open a chantry and it will be next to Tapsters.

Well there ya go, quest was failed then. Couldn't set one up for some reason when I tried eariler on. persuade was probably a little low back then. I'm getting sick of this I might just start a new character level glitch him so at least persuade and everything is all high for needed quests early on then work my way through again using this guide plus the extras that need to be amended to the list.

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Just wondering, I'm not 100% sure on this but.. in all the origin stories, as far as I can tell, you start in a place that you end up traveling to for the treaties. All except for the human origin. I'm not positive about this though since I've only just gotten to the begining of the landsmeet. But if everyone is missing this achievement simply because they chose a different race then that would really suck :/

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Well I managed to get a level by doing some proving ground quests, as I didnt do those side quests before and I was close enough to level 20 to get my level from it. I added one in stealing and one in stealth and have managed to get to Bann Franderelís Estate, nothing else come of that after the trap was sprung. Any other areas other than the Estate itself? If not I'm gonna try finishing the game again this time it will be at 96% world explored

No thats the only one he gives which had an unique location.

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Just wondering, I'm not 100% sure on this but.. in all the origin stories, as far as I can tell, you start in a place that you end up traveling to for the treaties. All except for the human origin. I'm not positive about this though since I've only just gotten to the begining of the landsmeet. But if everyone is missing this achievement simply because they chose a different race then that would really suck :/

Everyone completes that quest.

BLACKPANTHERVII
11-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Well I've started another playthrough now around 30% explored so far, just going through all the side quests possible before any main quests just incase the main quests knock them out and so on. I suggest everyone should do it anyways just to be sure

Incognito
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM

I played as a Dalish Elf Rogue and got the Traveler achievement without doing any other origin stories. So I'm certain that race doesn't enter into it.

The "D" series of quests from the Bartender at Gnawed Knoble Tavern unlocks the "K" hideout location which was the only one I was missing and what finally unlocked it for me.

BTW, I had 95% world explored when it unlocked for me.

ponypo2001
11-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Well there ya go, quest was failed then. Couldn't set one up for some reason when I tried eariler on. persuade was probably a little low back then. I'm getting sick of this I might just start a new character level glitch him so at least persuade and everything is all high for needed quests early on then work my way through again using this guide plus the extras that need to be amended to the list.

I never went to the chantry after he set it up and I got it so it's not required mate.

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I never went to the chantry after he set it up and I got it so it's not required mate.

Come to think of it I never did that quest either.

TriRock
11-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I just finished it with 96% explored, and it didn't pop. I went everywhere except for Slim's quests as I couldn't find, propably because it was just before the Land's Meet like somebody posted earlier. So I'll have to do a third play-through.

So, big question:

Do you need to play a rogue in order to get Slim's quests, or is it enough if your mage/warrior character has a point in steal? (Stealth is, I think, a rogue-only skill.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer that.

The Cripplers
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
So, big question:

Do you need to play a rogue in order to get Slim's quests, or is it enough if your mage/warrior character has a point in steal? (Stealth is, I think, a rogue-only skill.)

I don't know since I was a mage and never did that quest. But I have the achievement so that quest is not needed.

ponypo2001
11-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I just finished it with 96% explored, and it didn't pop. I went everywhere except for Slim's quests as I couldn't find, propably because it was just before the Land's Meet like somebody posted earlier. So I'll have to do a third play-through.

So, big question:

I posted earlier that I was a warrior with steal and got all the quests.I did all the stealing and lockpicking with Leilana.

TriRock
11-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks to the both of you for your answers.

dab198
11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, this didn't unlock for me either at 96% explored. Definitely been everywhere the guide currently mentions.

I haven't been to 'K's Hideout', but it seems impossible for my character to get there. I did get to D's Hideout though. Bit of a pain if K's is required, since as far as I can tell, that's tough for a mage to do - one of the illegal sidequests requires a main char to have lockpick (for one of the love letters), the other to have a medium-level dexterity to use a bow, but dexterity certainly wasn't a major factor for my mage, so by the time I saw I needed to use it, there wasn't anything to kill to get me the extra attribute points I'd need to raise it up high enough.

Another potential issue is I hadn't done Leliana's quest (since it refused to give me the random encounter), and I think ray mentioned he had done that quest. Whether it's required for traveler, who knows?

absolutehell
11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Does anybody know if i have to enter the proving? I didn't do Harrowmont's request this playthrough.

littlejay
11-14-2009, 11:47 PM
you should be able to do proving fights without the quest

absolutehell
11-14-2009, 11:50 PM
I've already selected a king and apparently I can't now, or am i missing something.

True Marvellous
11-15-2009, 01:39 AM
When I got mine i didn't do any companion quest, as I was working from rays guide I only went for side quest that mention destinations in his guide.

As this didn't work I did what Ive already posted above.

As for the proving grounds you can go into the warriors quarters but not the arena if you don't do Harrowmonts quest.

As for the illegal quest line, you don't have to do them all. When you clear one he will give a new quest keep doing them and he will eventually give you K's.

littlejay
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM
so i dont have to run around everywhere looking for 10 garnet?

True Marvellous
11-15-2009, 02:12 AM
so i dont have to run around everywhere looking for 10 garnet?

No you don't, if I recall he initially gives you 3 quest

Letters
Dump Bodies
Toxins

if you do one of these he gives you the next quest and so on and so forth, when I got K's I still had the love letters and garnets to do.

If your struggling for the toxins btw, in my game at lest the elf camp in the forest vendor had 99 of the buggers.

littlejay
11-15-2009, 02:15 AM
yeah elf camp was dry my first playthrough but now he had 99 which was a huge load off my back hunting across the world :p

and i found a list of love letters

1. Brecilian Ruins (south, secret hallway just inside entrance)
2. Circle Tower (Senior Mage Quarters, behind wall in eastern bedroom)
3. Dalish Camp (north of Varathorn)
4. Denerim (in a back room at the Pearl)
5. Denerim (in Wade's Emporium)
6. Denerim (in Arl Eamon's Estate, Arl's upstairs bedroom)
7. Haven (Villager House, on wall)
8. Lake Calenhad Docks (Spoiled Princess, NE corner)
9. Orzammar (Carta Hideout, SE corner of Jarvia encounter)
10. Orzammar (Royal Palace, east side)
11. Redcliffe (basement, NW alcove)
12. Redcliffe Village (Windmill)

absolutehell
11-15-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm guessing the proving arena was important?

littlejay
11-15-2009, 02:42 AM
there is a guy in the proving that will let you fight a few fights after you pick a king. i think you should need it as it is an area of the game

absolutehell
11-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks, Jay, appreciate the help.

LostButSeeking
11-15-2009, 03:11 AM
I wrote a guide up with all the areas and all the shops, for whatever reason no one uses it. But pretty much everyone I've seen said they were missing some building they never went into. I am positive all optional quests and origins don't count towards this.

Rolyatkcinmai
11-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I too can confirm that I've gotten everything here and no achievement. I don't know what I missed.

Chief027
11-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Fourth playthrough, still no luck after clearing the cache. I remember the game freezing comletely on multiple occasions, one of which was toward the end of the game, possibly as I entered the rooftop. So I recovered my gamertag... on to the 5th playthrough. This is getting a little old...

SupremeRapier
11-15-2009, 05:00 AM
is there any location quests that are missable once you used up all your treaties? other than lothering of course.

littlejay
11-15-2009, 05:12 AM
dang i almost missed the ransom quest lol. going there then going to the end game. the only thing i missed was slim's quest because i didnt know you had to change quest types <_<

absolutehell
11-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Man im lost, can you go deeper into K's hideout? Also what ransom quest? haha

zzenigmaxzz
11-15-2009, 09:06 AM
ok what did i do wrong ... i got D's hideout but never K's ...

The Cripplers
11-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Honestly, I would guess K's hideout doesn't count, but I don't know for sure. It's just a copy of the deserted building layout with the front door locked. Not unique at all.

zzenigmaxzz
11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
it has to be it ... cause ive finished the game 3 times now and have never gotten ks hideout ... and this is the only achievement (non-glitched) that im missing

SupremeRapier
11-15-2009, 12:02 PM
D has a hideout..? I finished all of his quests but only got K's hideout. and is K's hideout just that 1 room? cause there seemed to be more but there was no way past the door

when_vegans_attack
11-15-2009, 05:28 PM

Did everything you mentioned here (except the rogue quest) and it unlocked right at the rooftop - my percent explored came out at 94% also.

The guide might as well say "go everywhere and do everything" because that was the only way I was able to get this achivement.

Grummy
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
You are assuming this isn't glitched?

The fact that a number of us have cleared every single possble are and not got it doesn't make you think otherwise?

when_vegans_attack
11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
You are assuming this isn't glitched?

The fact that a number of us have cleared every single possble are and not got it doesn't make you think otherwise?

I know that in two seperate playthroughs I went into every area listed in this guide and nothing unlocked.

I also know that when I stopped following this guide and went into every building, area, and did all the quests I could possibly find that it finally unlocked.

In my posts I never said anything about the achievement being glitched or not (I don't see why you're jumping on me for something I've never even mentioned.) I don't just assume things are glitched or aren't - I can only say my experience with the achievement (I'd guess you're missing an area or two, especially if you're using this guide.)

dab198
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
D has a hideout..?
Yeah, if you only do the 'K' line of quests, you can find its location on the body of someone you kill.

littlejay
11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
94% and no achievement. ill just not try 3 more playthroughs for the same result like everyone else <_<

SupremeRapier
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
has anyone who isnt a rogue gotten this achievement?

Hoborg
11-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, I just got it today as a warrior. I first ended the game with 94 % exploration. Read something about a haunted orphanage in Denerim so I reload an earlier save point and did the Templar Quest. After I got the rooftop I had a 95 % and the achievement unlocked.

I can confirm with limited confidence the following:

You don't need to visit Alistair's sister in Denerim
You don't need to go to K's hideout.
You do need to finish the quests in the Alienage

The Cripplers
11-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I was a mage when I got it. Entered the roof at 95%

when_vegans_attack
11-16-2009, 02:45 AM
has anyone who isnt a rogue gotten this achievement?

Yes, as a warrior. The building(s?) for the unique rogue quests aren't needed (hinting that a few other similar optional-buildings aren't required either.) However, I'd go in all the buildings that you can - just to be sure.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 05:53 AM
do the random encounter areas count towards this? I cant seem to get the slyvans, spiders, or werewolves to attack me

absolutehell
11-16-2009, 06:14 AM
While I can't confirm it, im almost positive random encounters do not count toward this as I doubt i got all or as many of them in my second playthrough.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Just got the achievement! I can confirm you do not need the random encounters, I did however do Morrigan, Leliana and Wynne's personal quest and ALL of the Denerim quests except the 3 rogue missions from Slim. Other than that I did go into every house I could. I hope this helps.

ApatheticChaos
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Ok folks. Take this advice from someone who FINALLY FUCKING GOT IT after playthrough #3.5

First playthrough, as I always do with games, was my normal run, do what I wanted to, not worry about achievements, but believed I hit all the areas after completion.

Second run, I blasted through it hitting all the areas listed in the guide, did NOT get it.

Third run, hit everything on the list, and 98% of all side-quests including all the "illegal quests" such as K's hideout and MOST of Slims. Did NOT get it.

After punching a wall, I reloaded the save, and decided to go through the towns, to see if I missed anything.

Now I finished with 95%, which meant I was very, very close. So I finished the very last Slim quest, which had you going back to the same manor... and realized I didn't visit the shitty store in Dust Town in the Dwarven city, which DID raise my percentage of world explored by 1.

After getting to the rooftop, it popped. Now, I don't think sitting here listing off everything I did different will really help pinpoint what is required and what isn't, but I will just say it's much, MUCH easier to just do everything than try to hit specifics. If you skip dialogue, it zooms by very fast anyway.

Edit: If you really DON'T want to do everything, my OPINION would be some buildings do count, so if you aren't sure you hit every building, just go in anyway. And the only companion quests I did were Alistar and Morrigan.

Good luck to those who haven't gotten it yet...by far the most frustrating achievement I've tried to get in a while.

reduce
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM

Sorry to report that in other play throughs it does still say area unlocked throughout the game

Sinice
11-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Finally got this achievement thanks to you people in this forum :)

I'm not sure I did anything special, but I though't that I'd share some of the things I did on my third try where I got it.

On my first go, I didn't do the burglar mission, or the Crows. No achievement.

On my second one, I did the Crows and the burglar ones. BUT (!) I did only one of the two castle break-ins. (Skipped the one for Andraste's Tear).

Got mad, tried a third time. And this time the only thing different was that I did the last castle break-in, which gave me one % in world discovery, which, I suppose, helped me out. Also I went to K's Hideout (D's Hideout is apparently not necessary.)

The only companion-quest I did was Alistair's and Shale's, which is DLC ofcourse.

And one thing I noticed aswell on my first playthrough was in the Alienage; when you are asked to help the sick elves by entering the hospice. Make sure you fake sickness and enter it, since what I did on my first go was that I snuck in the backdoor, ignoring the hospice in general. So I never got the key to enter, which made it locked forever. So fake your sickness, kill them, save the elves and AFTER that you go into the apartments/compound etc.

Not sure if this helps at all, but I hope it does! Thanks for all the great info all of you have given everyone and ofcourse Ray5555 for making an awesome guide!

P.S My world exploration ended up on 95% :)

Omera148
11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
This achievement is glitched, there's no way around it. I've been at 97 and 98% respectively, I've done ALL quests and nothing popped.

Seriously, fuck this game, fuck EA and BioWare for making such an unclear achievement. Never again. Fuck this.

littlejay
11-17-2009, 02:24 AM
i didnt go upstairs in that one house in redcliff or the store and house in the alienage. i went to those and got 1% total and it unlocked! :D

Dark Kitsune
11-17-2009, 02:37 AM
I have a mage who after beating the dragon and standing in the throne room has a completion % of 97 and nothing. She starts Landsmeet at 93% and doing every general and rooftop it only clocks 97%. I wish there was a better way of figuring out what I am missing as I have no quests left to do.

My Warrior is sitting at 95% at the throne room, but I missed the Kedan-Fe quest somehow, so I know his problem.

Omera148
11-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Has anyone noticed an issue with the final quest for the generals? Did anyone specifically get that quest to be completed? I beat both generals but when it switches to the hold the gates quest, it says along the lines of "darkspawn have invaded X point, perhaps the general will show up later"

Could this be the key factor here? Is this just a huge glitch in the game? Did anyone get this quest actually completed and not get the achievement?

SupremeRapier
11-17-2009, 02:55 AM
pretty sure the assassin quests and illegal quests count towards the achievement

Omera148
11-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Another interesting question, did those who get it complete all quests before heading to redcliff? In other words, was your journal empty except the final battle quest?

Confirmation of that and the generals should get some things moving, it's already been confirmed you don't need the assassin quest or K's hideout for this. But it may be that when quests leading to an area that eventually becomes available, that's what is causing the problem.

littlejay
11-17-2009, 04:06 AM
i had several quests i did not do. i didnt do the thief quest in the manor (just pick pocketing)

just be sure to go in all buildings. i was missing a house, a store and the upstairs part of a house got me another 1%

Omera148
11-17-2009, 04:44 AM
i had several quests i did not do. i didnt do the thief quest in the manor (just pick pocketing)

just be sure to go in all buildings. i was missing a house, a store and the upstairs part of a house got me another 1%

Then this just has to be glitched for some people, there's no way around it. I've done every single house, my % was above 95, there's no making sense of any of this.

ManekiNeko
11-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Can someone tell me where the hell the Redcliffe board is? Some guides have been telling me there is one, others said there wasn't one. =/ It's not outside the Chantry either.

Dark Kitsune
11-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Can someone tell me where the hell the Redcliffe board is? Some guides have been telling me there is one, others said there wasn't one. =/ It's not outside the Chantry either.

There is one in Recliff outside the Chantry, but it shows up after the night time raid. The next morning it will be there to the right of the Chantry door.

ManekiNeko
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
There is one in Recliff outside the Chantry, but it shows up after the night time raid. The next morning it will be there to the right of the Chantry door.

Thank you, I'll have to check it out when I'm next on.

dn604
11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I just wanted to post my experience, as I finally got this achievement last night, thank god!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!

I was sitting at 80% world explored before entering the Landsmeet chamber. I had done all side quests, minus Slim's Stealing Quest (in Denerim), which I think opens up D's Hideout? So just to be clear, I DID NOT have that.

I did have K's which I think is through the "Interested Parties" quests through the bartender in Gnawed Noble Tavern, and I'm 99.9% sure I did everything else that has been on the different lists.

The first time through, I didn't take Loghain, but kept Alistair, at the Topfloor, the achievement did not pop, endgame I had 95% complete.

I reloaded and this time Loghain joined my part, I ran around the world a bit seeing if I could improve on that 80%, I couldn't.

So, I went through the endgame again, but I kept track of where I got % increases, here is the breakdown:

Redcliffe Village 2%
Redcliffe Castle - Outside 2%
Redcliffe Castle - Main Floor 1%
Redcliffe Castle - Second Floor 1%
Denerim - City Gates 1%
Denerim - Market District 1%
Denerim - The Alienage 2%
Denerim - Palace District 2%
Denerim - Fort Drakon Outside 1%
Denerim - Fort Drakon - Main Floor 1%
Denerim - Fort Drakon - Second Floor 1%
Denerim - Fort Drakon - Top Floor 1%

Total: 96%

This time I was 95% before Top Floor, and it popped when I went up.

As you can see by my list, there was NOTHING I could of missed my last run, when I only ended up with 95%, I did all the same things, killed both Generals etc. (which is where you could miss 1%)

So I can only assume it was a bug and somewhere the first time I didn't get 1%.

Anyways guys, hope this helps someone.

Good luck

dab198
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
And one thing I noticed aswell on my first playthrough was in the Alienage; when you are asked to help the sick elves by entering the hospice. Make sure you fake sickness and enter it, since what I did on my first go was that I snuck in the backdoor, ignoring the hospice in general. So I never got the key to enter, which made it locked forever. So fake your sickness, kill them, save the elves and AFTER that you go into the apartments/compound etc.
Well I know I didn't enter the hospice, and if that is the thing I missed.... man, what a pain! Thankfully I've not yet started my second full playthrough yet, but I'll make sure to do this this time around.

when_vegans_attack
11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Then this just has to be glitched for some people, there's no way around it. I've done every single house, my % was above 95, there's no making sense of any of this.

I had 98% and it never unlocked - during my last playthrough it unlocked on a character with 94%. I don't know why. I doubt the achivement is glitched - just REALLY picky about where you go (notice how some people have reported it unlocking when they go into the second floor of a building, etc.)

Omera148
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Those who have it, did you finish all side quests in your journal? Not all side quests period, but did you head into the last quest with some quests remaining to be finished. I think that might be my problem here..

musicman4523
11-18-2009, 02:25 AM
I had all the quests in my journal finished except for the final Slim Cauldry quest in the royal palace, since he kept telling me I wasn't able to get in there yet. And when I finally opening the palace I was at he end of the game, so I figured I'd go thru and see if it popped and it did. So I guess I didn't need it, or I got the palace in the final battle. Was my third full play-thru when it popped, so I was a bit relieved because I was not playing thru again anytime soon.

Now if only they'd fix the bugged achievements so I could get my final 3 and be finished with the game until new DLC comes out.

fatalmephisto
11-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Well after 6 playthroughs I finally got the damn thing, but i wanna share something to you guy's. There is a bug Door in Elven Alienage (file:///D:/Dragon.Age.Origins.Prima.Official.Game.Strategy/dragonagewalkthrough.com/walkthrough/city_elf_origin/elven_alienage.php.htm) during the Landsmeet, the house Valendrian's house is bugged cause i went in, and i only had 77% before i went in the house, left the house and saved the game, went off beat the game and then No Achievement so i got upset and loaded the save game up, well i mistakenly went back inside Valendrian's house and now my % was at 78% so i was thinking WTF, so i finished off some other quests to get my % at 80% finished the game and sure enough Boom Achievement unlocked. Here are the quests related stuff i did to get from 77% to 80%.

- During The Landsmeet Elven Alienage (file:///D:/Dragon.Age.Origins.Prima.Official.Game.Strategy/dragonagewalkthrough.com/walkthrough/city_elf_origin/elven_alienage.php.htm) Unlocks Go into Valendrian's house and see if you get a % if not go back in.

- Do the Quest Something Wicked to get the Abandoned Orphanage unlocked.

- Do the main quest in Elven Alienage, with visiting every house or place in that area. Do this first so you can save Valendrian so his house will be unlocked so you can get that place :D.

- Do the The Trial of Crows Quests to get The Ransom area unlocked

- Go in the Inn and Do All the D quests from the Innkeeper. To find K's Hideout

- There are 2 adventure scrolls you need to find, One's in Ruined temple when you do the Urn of Sacred Ashes you can go back don't worry, when your first enter the Temple hand a left through the door and you will see a dead body laying on the ground loot it and there is one, The second is in the Elven Ruins: Lower Level, follow the lower level as if you where going to the area where you meet the Wolf mother, you will come to the room where there was some traps on the floor and you have to fight a bunch of Dead archers it's a big square room you can't miss it, there is a body in the far left side of the room you will see it, loot it then head back out and travel to Orzammar and go into the Tipster tavern and in the Far back left corner you will see an adventure guy there talk to him and you will get the Unbound quest. Leave Orzammar and head to Denerim and travel to the Dirty Back Alley you will see an arrow pointing at the door, fight the boss in the house, and loot the KEENING BLADE. Now this doesnt add a % but just to be on the safe side i would do it.

I posted this as well on the other thread, just incase

eldritchwizard
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
How do you get into the Dragon's Lair?
I killed the dragon, but I can't find the entrance to it's lair anywhere!

vitamins999
11-19-2009, 05:31 PM
How do you get into the Dragon's Lair?
I killed the dragon, but I can't find the entrance to it's lair anywhere!

The mountain top is the Dragon's lair.

Also, I thought I'd lend my info for trying to help others get this ridiculously annoying achievement:

I got it on my second try, using a save just before completing Landsmeet to complete the game again. Originally, I did virtually every quest I could find, except the "Have You Seen Me?" quest from the Mages and I did absolutely nothing with the Antivian Crows.

First time: I had 95% on the rooftop and nothing. When I reloaded my old Landsmeet save to complete it again for a different ending, the only things I did extra were, firstly, explore the part of the Royal Palace in Ozimmar that wasn't available to begin with. I chose Harrowmont for the throne, but if you go back after, the entire Royal Palace is opened up. This may have made a difference (and there's another quest here involving healing someone).

The only other thing was I missed the shop in Haven, which seems really easy to do since it doesn't show up on the map. Odd, yes? I wonder how many others missed it, and whether that's certainly required for the achievement. If you're not sure: there's three places to enter in Haven - the house, the shop, and the Chantry. The house and the Chantry show up on the map, but the shop doesn't. Give that a try.

Other than that, the only other difference was I visited Alistair's sister in Denerim, but I wouldn't imagine character sidequests count.

Anyway, one, two or all three of those are necessary for the achievement, because everything else I did was the same.

INCANTATI0N
11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Another question for the ppl that have it...Did you do all of the other pick pocket missions? I didn't do any of them - only the breaking in ones, could that have done it? If so I will have to start over because I didn't even get him on my mage file and I told him I wasn't a pick pocket on my rogue file so I just got the ones to break in. I hope that doesn't do it :( I am thinking it wouldn't tho because it seems character dependant since I never got the quest line playing as a mage.

when_vegans_attack
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Another question for the ppl that have it...Did you do all of the other pick pocket missions?

No, and I was a Rogue (a good Rogue) I turned his offer down out of hand and I never saw him again.
I still got the achievement though.

TrueKilla360
11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Just curious, Has anybody gotten this achievement without doing the Crows assasination missions, I told him i wanted no part in his missions and therfore could never do them.... I finished the game and had 93%, but i have a save before landsmeet.

So if someone out there got the cheeve without doing the crows missions then ill see if i can find what im missing, if not then i guess second playthrough it will be! ?????

MasterJon08
11-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Has anyone gotten this achievement other than right before you fight the archdemon?

Incognito
11-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Has anyone gotten this achievement other than right before you fight the archdemon?

No, you can't. The Rooftop counts as one of the locations required for the achievement.

Yuitsu
11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Human noble rogue. 93% post-coronation

I went in every building..either legally or not. Did every side quest except Change of Leadership for the Blackstone Irregulars (I think killing the son gives a map location). Cleared all locations.
Didn't get arrested after Rescue the Queen.

No achievement.

So basically we can't tell if locations that pop into the codex count (Honnleath pops, Soldiers Peak doesn't, btw), if sidequest map locations count...eesh.

Edit:
Another board claims it should really say "collect all location codex's" as well. Those who have the achievement, do you have Ostegars codex? I don't, and if that can make up 7% on its own I'll be amazed. But then I've also seen the "uncover all the map screen" as a reason for not triggering the achievement..

MasterJon08
11-20-2009, 09:12 PM
No, you can't. The Rooftop counts as one of the locations required for the achievement.

I know, but I'm thinking that the achievement is cumulative through all playthroughs because a lot of people aren't getting it around 96% but on the second playthrough they'll get like 94% and get the achievement.

Tasty Empire
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I know, but I'm thinking that the achievement is cumulative through all playthroughs because a lot of people aren't getting it around 96% but on the second playthrough they'll get like 94% and get the achievement.

Well, this infuriating acheivement got me to register for this forum. I've beaten the game 4 different times, but still do not have this one. I don't think this is cumulative.

On my last playthrough, I went to every single location listed here except for K's hideout. I love this game, but it's starting to piss me off.

BioWare needs to layout what needs to be done. This is ridiculous.

Weltende
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I have visited all locations...

Does it maybe have something to do with this "interesting Places" ?
or for what are these things?

CSARdiver
11-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Yet another increasingly frustrated person trying for this.

You guys talking about codexes - are you referring to the map or is there some section in the codex I'm not seeing?

I made several runs through this game - hit everything I can think of and every sidequest mentioned and still nothing. I'm having the same issue with the generals on the final battle where one won't show up, or at least the codex is not recognizing it. Not sure what to do at this point.

MasterJon08
11-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Just got the achievement. Finally realized that I never went to the tavern at redcliffe.

Final percent was 97%, first playthrough.

Tasty Empire
11-21-2009, 03:53 AM
As we've established that you don't need 100% for this achievement, I'm not sure how relevant this is. However, I can confirm (as I just did it seconds ago) that going into Marjolaine's Home for Leliana's personal quest gives you +1%.

Tasty Empire
11-21-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm having the same issue with the generals on the final battle where one won't show up, or at least the codex is not recognizing it. Not sure what to do at this point.

I've had similar issues when doing the Fade quests in the Circle of Magi. The only thing that's worked for me is to simply run around the area for a little bit and eventually the "quest updated" pops up. I don't know the reason for the delay, but it's been a full minute or 2 at times for me.

Hybridchld
11-21-2009, 05:44 AM
I was sitting at 80% world explored before entering the Landsmeet chamber. I had done all side quests, minus Slim's Stealing Quest (in Denerim), which I think opens up D's Hideout? So just to be clear, I DID NOT have that.

I did have K's which I think is through the "Interested Parties" quests through the bartender in Gnawed Noble Tavern, and I'm 99.9% sure I did everything else that has been on the different lists.

You can't visit both D and K's hideouts as doing one quest prevents you getting the other.

Anyway that aside I just got this. The first time through I didn't get it so I reloaded a save before the landsmeet to see if I'd missed something.

I knew I had been to all the area's (bar D's hideout) so I knew I had to have missed a building and sure enough after checking everything it turned out I missed one house in Haven, the one with the blood stained altar.

So to anyone who is having trouble just do all the side quests and make you go through every door you can find and you'll get it.

SevenFisher
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The only other thing was I missed the shop in Haven, which seems really easy to do since it doesn't show up on the map. Odd, yes? I wonder how many others missed it, and whether that's certainly required for the achievement. If you're not sure: there's three places to enter in Haven - the house, the shop, and the Chantry. The house and the Chantry show up on the map, but the shop doesn't. Give that a try.

Thank you! After hours of trying figuring out what I have missed, I went in this shop, then go for last part of the main questline..and blam, achievement unlocked :Bounce: What's funny enough in first playthrough I already got this, but missed that pub in Redcliff. Now this playthrough I entered pub but I forgot about the unmarked shop.

Thanks to you and also the creator of this guide - this is no doubt most annoyingest achievement I've ever tried to obtained in DA: O, I'm glad I got it in end.

1100/1100 now. :D

VladimirK
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
This achievement is just royally pissing me off now.

I've went around every location possible at least 3 times and still nothing.
I have everything in Ray's posts and some that he hasn't mentioned.

First time I finished the game I ended with somewhere between 95%-98% with no achievement.
But I've managed to bump on another 2%-3% since then in an old save, so when I'm going for the other 2 endings hopefully it will work this time.

Ledain
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
After reading through the thread seeking my own answer for this, I've come up with some theories which, hopefully, may help us get to the bottom of this achievement.

- I've noticed that a large number of people who receive this achievement have at least 95% exploration by the end of the game. I haven't seen very many people mention whether or not they finished the DLC (Warden's Keep, Stone Prisoner) while doing so. It's possible that the DLC areas still count as locations towards this achievement, but do not add any exploration percentage to the player's statistics. If that's true, then players without the DLC would need 100% exploration in order to unlock this achievement, while those who have it can receive that 5-6% hidden exploration percentage to make up for areas they may have missed. This could be wrong, but looking at the information gathered here, I believe it is a sound hypothesis, and something we may want to look into.

- In the case of areas where you may choose one but not the other (ie. Origin areas, "D" and "K" hideouts) each area may give an identical percentage towards that 100%. So long as you hit one of them, it's not necessary for you to visit the other.

- I believe it safe to assume you -must- visit the areas to unlock this achievement in a single playthrough. The evidence towards this is that people have -only- unlocked this achievement at the last area of the final battle. If the necessary information carried over, we'd be hearing of people unlocking this achievement as soon as they found that last percentage they were missing.

- Glitches. Hate to say it, but this game is incredibly buggy. So much so, that some people experience glitches that others have never seen or heard of. I believe we can thank the game's tremendous data leak for that. Anyone concerned with this may want to be sure they're restarting their console every few hours. Otherwise, the game may even be telling them they're unlocking an area, but not storing that information. It's happened to me on a number of quest objectives.

Anyone wanting to look into this may want to start by finding out whether the DLC areas add any exploration percentage. I just finished the game, and figured I may as well travel to Cadash Thaig (which I haven't done on this second playthrough -- my first one had the corrupted data glitch on me -immediately- after the Landsmeet.) and I'm not seeing any change in my exploration percentage. (94%, I skipped a lot of quest areas this playthrough.)

Also, to those displeased with the OP's guide, please don't be quick to flame/troll about it. Whether he's right or not, he's -trying- to help with this. With more info, perhaps it can develop into the complete guide we need. Yeah it's frustrating, but we have skull crushing to relieve us of that frustration.

CSARdiver
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I posted this in the BioWare forums as well - there are many people experiencing this issue.

I made another playthrough specifically to get this achievement and no luck. Entered every structure multiple times, completed every quest that opens up a new area on the map, and ended up with 78% before landsmeet and 94% at endgame. Nothing...

I filed a complaint with EA customer service - not really planning on getting any help there.

I have a question - Does Ostagar show up on anyone else's map once you leave that area?

Yuitsu
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Whats the highest percentages people have before Landsmeet? Mine is at 81% outside the door. (Which gives me 96 in epilogue and no achievement, but I didn't do the Deep Roads properly so I'm going to go do that.)

The codexes DO count - on a save where I did get the Ostegar one (first npc across the bridge) I was at 10% by the time I left Flemeths. Without it I was at 7 or something. Lake Calahan does have a codex but it's in Redcliffe village.

MasterJon08
11-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Whats the highest percentages people have before Landsmeet? Mine is at 81% outside the door. (Which gives me 96 in epilogue and no achievement, but I didn't do the Deep Roads properly so I'm going to go do that.)

The codexes DO count - on a save where I did get the Ostegar one (first npc across the bridge) I was at 10% by the time I left Flemeths. Without it I was at 7 or something. Lake Calahan does have a codex but it's in Redcliffe village.

Here's what happened to me:

The first time I got to the landsmeet thing, I had 81%. Got to 96% before I fought the archdemon, no achievement.

Realized I forgot to go to the tavern in redcliffe, went in there and still had 81%. Got to the rooftop with the archdemon and got the achievement with 97%

VladimirK
11-25-2009, 02:05 AM
I think part of the problem with this achievement is that so many people are saying different things that worked for them.

Like some people getting it without codexes, some having to get them, some saying they got it over different saves, others saying that it has to be one save.

Best thing for this imo would be if the requirements of the achievement was changed to something like overall 95%+ of the map explored.

Ledain
11-25-2009, 02:53 AM
I think part of the problem with this achievement is that so many people are saying different things that worked for them.

Like some people getting it without codexes, some having to get them, some saying they got it over different saves, others saying that it has to be one save.

Best thing for this imo would be if the requirements of the achievement was changed to something like overall 95%+ of the map explored.

The problem with this achievement is the description isn't clear on what's required. Without solid confirmation, and with everyone claiming to have gotten it differently, we're pretty much guessing, and discussion is the only thing left.

I just got my Traveler today, after reloading my save from before facing Loghain before the Landsmeet. I visited a few areas I had neglected to visit the first time, figuring I might as well try while going for the one ending for Perfectionist that requires the "secret character." These areas are: Orzammar Chantry, D's hideout, Alienage Orphanage, Cadash Thaig, Warehouse from the Denerim map, a few random encounters.

This time, I also forgot to visit the Market District during the assault on Denerim. Oops. I ended up getting the achievement anyways though, but not until the cinematic right before the final boss started playing.

VladimirK
11-25-2009, 03:10 AM
So just out of curiosity, what is K's and D's hideout?

I always see people saying that you can only go to one of them in the game usually, but it's never clicked with me what they are.
Supposedly one is visited during the theft missions though, which I done all of.

I missed the Orzammar Chantry too, I'm going to finish again tonight with that older save and see if it helps me.

Just that it sucks so much when that's the only achievement that will hold you back once you do the easy ones that you have left.
(Although that fight at the end does take quite a long time to finish from what I remember).

guthmund
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
So just out of curiosity, what is K's and D's hideout?

I always see people saying that you can only go to one of them in the game usually, but it's never clicked with me what they are.
Supposedly one is visited during the theft missions though, which I done all of.

K's and D's hideout is an area in Denerim that unlocks once you progress through some of the leader's specific quests at the Gnawed Noble Tavern. The quest giver is the bartender behind the bar; just ask him for some under the table work and you'll find them.

The only thing I can say, almost definitively, is that the DLC doesn't seem to count towards raising your percentage of the world explored. After Shale and Soldier's Peak I was still stuck at 78% They may count as places visited, but they don't seem to count toward the final percentage.

To add my own anecdotal "evidence." I finally got the achievement yesterday and I had done almost every single quest mentioned here and then some with the exception of the thieving stuff. At the Landsmeet I was sitting at 80% and after running through the rest of the game, choosing the palace district and running around every single bit of the map I could, the achievement unlocked on the load screen to fight the Archdemon.

ManekiNeko
11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
So, can I just clarify this:
Do all the buildings count?

I'm going to follow this guide on my current playthrough and see what happens.

Parallax Demon
11-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Probably not all buildings count, but some do. My guess is that all buildings needed for a sidemission count or maybe you only have to enter X% of all buildings in the game. It's a shame that Bioware has not given us more information what triggers the achievement to pop.

DustinEC
11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
So let me get this straight.

1. You can not get this achievments with two or more different saves?
2. There is no possible way to get to the Crows Hideout if you killed the guy in the Inn?

I am on my 2nd playthrough with Traveler being my only achievment left.
I was planning on getting it but had no idea you had to go to the Hideout, so I killed the guy :(

VladimirK
11-26-2009, 01:11 AM
K's and D's hideout is an area in Denerim that unlocks once you progress through some of the leader's specific quests at the Gnawed Noble Tavern. The quest giver is the bartender behind the bar; just ask him for some under the table work and you'll find them.

Thanks, I've just got the love letters left to do.
Think I'm at about 6/7 of them now.

Sizzling Weasel
11-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Ik got the achievement yesterday. The first time I completed the game it didn't unlock.
Yesterday I completed the Orphanage quest, you get from the blind templar in the Elven Alienage. It seems the orphanage is a location you have to visit for the achievement, since it it was the only difference with my last save before the Landsmeet.

Hope this helps.

Onyx_a87
11-26-2009, 01:28 PM
This guide needs to be updated. It seems that the buildings are the ones that count and I suppose they could leave that out, however it is still missing a couple of locations that you get through quests. Such as the Antivan Crows Ransom quest.

Overdub
11-27-2009, 02:30 AM
I also didn't get the achievement the first playthrough so I loaded an earlier save because I missed getting arrested and getting the first Fort Drakon area. Played on, got to the rooftop - no achievement.

So I loaded an earlier save again and started to run around the map like an idiot, visiting almost every place again but not finding anything new. But then all of a sudden I had a random encounter with a couple of bandits on my way from Flemeth Hut to Denerim. This was in a forest setting I've never seen before... and it boosted my World Exploration percentage with one percent.

Again I played up until the final fight - entered the rooftop and - click - Achievement Unlocked. (I ended up with 95% on the roof)

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I thought I might as well share the info.

an7man
11-27-2009, 02:49 AM
What boosted my percentage was visiting Orzamar Royal Palace and doing D's Quest( K's Quest involve items).. I went to the Landsmeet at 77% by the way..

Also I encountered random battles but it didn't boost my percentage.

Sear XL
11-27-2009, 07:15 AM
I just finished the game with 98% completion and 96% world explored and still nothing. I've run out of ideas.

ManekiNeko
11-27-2009, 04:31 PM
What I'm doing is combining both guides from this forum. The one that doesn't list the buildings makes it clearer of the things you might miss during your playthrough. Where as you get a much more detailed guide with the one that lists the buildings. I'm going through the guide that says what I could miss, then just before the Landsmeet I'm going to go through the list of buildings, ticking off each one and saving. If I don't get it just reverting back to that save and trying again, I suppose.

Tasty Empire
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
So let me get this straight.

1. You can not get this achievments with two or more different saves?
2. There is no possible way to get to the Crows Hideout if you killed the guy in the Inn?

I am on my 2nd playthrough with Traveler being my only achievment left.
I was planning on getting it but had no idea you had to go to the Hideout, so I killed the guy :(

To the best of everyone's knowledge, it must be done on one playthrough. If you kill the Crow leader, you cannot get the assassination quests, so cannot get to the Kadan-Fe Mercenary camp.

I still haven't gotten the acheivement, and the most I can get is 80% before the Landsmeet. I've gone all over the place, even making sure I did the Unbound quest which allows you to get to the little house in the Dirty Back Alley in Denerim.

I guess I'm just going to have to stay with 1065 until there is official word from BioWare. This acheivement is actually making me hate the game and I'm sick of playing it.

VladimirK
11-28-2009, 01:13 AM
I guess I'm just going to have to stay with 1065 until there is official word from BioWare. This acheivement is actually making me hate the game and I'm sick of playing it.

Yeah, I e-mailed them earlier to see if they could just send a list of places you have to visit since there isn't any definitive answer and they range of answers are contradicting each other so often, no reply yet.
And as much as I would like to believe that Bioware is different, I doubt I'll get a reply tbh.

And I kinda know what you mean about not playing.
I've felt that way with games before, just pissed off at something so you leave it for a few weeks then try again.

Sear XL
11-28-2009, 06:21 AM
I managed to finish with 97% world explored and still nothing. So I'm in the same boat now. It's the only achievement left I don't have and I'm not up to playing through it again just for that one.

jorax
11-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Does the Correspondance Interruptus (Love Letters) quest open up an area? I've seen it referenced a few times but that wasn't clear to me. I've found 11/12 of the letters, but the last one (listed as being in the Arl's estate) seems to be in a locked chest, but I'm a mage with no lockpicking - and this is a 'camp' area where you travel solo.

I've finished the game multiple times always ended up at 95 or 96% and haven't got this achievement yet. I'm quite frustrated.

NeoRizer
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
When you rescue the kid by going in to the fade does it have to be you that goes in? Or is that even possible...I sent in Morrigan in my stead cause the First Enchanter said it had to be a mage...seeing as Wynne is more of a healer I sent Morrigan...

I hope that counted.

Tasty Empire
11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
When you rescue the kid by going in to the fade does it have to be you that goes in? Or is that even possible...I sent in Morrigan in my stead cause the First Enchanter said it had to be a mage...seeing as Wynne is more of a healer I sent Morrigan...

I hope that counted.

It's only possible for your main character to enter if they are a mage. Otherwise your choices can include Morrigan, Wynne, Jowan, or First Enchanter Irving.

I would imagine it counts as they can't very well penalize someone for not being a mage. Although since I can't get this bloody achievement to pop, who knows?!;)

SpookymanBR
11-28-2009, 07:57 PM
This game is extremely glitched in this aspect! I was with 73% before going to K's Hideout. Did it and jumped to 74%.
Then I reloaded my save and did this quest again. And this time I stayed in 73%!! Doing the exact same thing!! What the hell?

atomsmasher13
11-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Im not too far into the game (have only done the main 'Mages Circle' quest line as well as Lothering and everything before that). I have about 24% of world explored so far (but it seems this doesn't matter)

I don't have the steal or lockpick skill and the slim guy doesn't exist in my denerim. If I take the steal skill and then come back will he pop up? Do I even need to do his quests for the achievement?

Would really like this one first time. Also if anyone could post to other forums or lists of places you have to go to that would be great as well!

ckleckner
11-29-2009, 12:13 AM
thast wierd becasue i know it says on ur screen area unlocked but for some reason some areas i did not get the unlock message like i was supposed to.

SpookymanBR
11-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah!! I got the achievement on my first playthrough! I was with 81% before the Landsmeet chamber... And the achievement popped for me when I was in the loading screen for the rooftop. Checked my percentage there and it was in 97%!
It is a relief that I got this achievement with no trouble :woop::woop::woop::woop:

Tasty Empire
11-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah!! I got the achievement on my first playthrough! I was with 81% before the Landsmeet chamber... And the achievement popped for me when I was in the loading screen for the rooftop. Checked my percentage there and it was in 97%!
It is a relief that I got this achievement with no trouble :woop::woop::woop::woop:

I hate you. :mad:

J/K man, congrats!! ;)

Trash Man
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
What I'm doing is combining both guides from this forum. The one that doesn't list the buildings makes it clearer of the things you might miss during your playthrough. Where as you get a much more detailed guide with the one that lists the buildings. I'm going through the guide that says what I could miss, then just before the Landsmeet I'm going to go through the list of buildings, ticking off each one and saving. If I don't get it just reverting back to that save and trying again, I suppose.

Can you give me link for the guide that includes all the buildings as well please? Sounds like a good idea you have got there :)

I've not finished the game once yet and although I am trying to go everywhere I'm doubting very much I will get this achievement on the first try.

VladimirK
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Just got it earlier.
Only things I missed was K's/D's hideout, (you can't get both), and the Orzammar Chantry.

Has to be one of the most requirement-nitpicking achievements made.

atomsmasher13
11-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Can anyone confirm if you need to be the 'unbound' (unlocks a place in dirty back ally - denerim)side quest?

Also anyone can do the slim quests if you put a point into steal.

xTheRaVenEffect
11-30-2009, 05:33 AM
*Sigh*, this has got to be one of the most annoying achievements ever.

Does anyone know if discovered locations transfer over from multiple playthroughs? For example: On my first playthrough, I saved Eamon's son, but on my second playthrough (my current playthrough), I did not, which means I didn't enter the Fade. So, will I be able to get this achievement during this playthrough or not?

Abooie
11-30-2009, 07:39 AM
I was having a think about this....

Those that have got it, did you do all the origin stories before you completed the game and got the achievement?

I noticed after completing my 2nd origin story my overall completion % went up and I wondered if it was also having an effect on the world explored %.

I didn't get it after my first run through and did K's hideout, the Fade, Orzhammer chantry, Alienage Orphanage, but I didn't do the Assassins Quests, Slims quests and I sided with King Bhelan so didn't fight for Harrowmont in the Proving. I didn't miss anything else :/

Tasty Empire
11-30-2009, 08:08 AM
*Sigh*, this has got to be one of the most annoying achievements ever.

Does anyone know if discovered locations transfer over from multiple playthroughs? For example: On my first playthrough, I saved Eamon's son, but on my second playthrough (my current playthrough), I did not, which means I didn't enter the Fade. So, will I be able to get this achievement during this playthrough or not?

No, they must be done on 1 single playthrough.

xTheRaVenEffect
11-30-2009, 08:08 AM
I finally got it!

I just finished my second playthrough, and I can confirm that areas traveled to in previous playthroughs do carry over to other playthroughs. My first playthrough, I went into the Fade in order to rescue Eamon's son. My second playthrough, I did not enter the Fade, and still got the achievement anyway.

I'm glad I finally got that out of the way...

Tasty Empire
11-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I finally got it!

I just finished my second playthrough, and I can confirm that areas traveled to in previous playthroughs do carry over to other playthroughs. My first playthrough, I went into the Fade in order to rescue Eamon's son. My second playthrough, I did not enter the Fade, and still got the achievement anyway.

I'm glad I finally got that out of the way...

Well, you're the first person who's had anything carry over. I know mine certainly didn't.

I think it's safe to say this is one of the more glitchy achievements out there, as it seems each person who's gotten it has done it in a slightly different manner.

VladimirK
11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Those that have got it, did you do all the origin stories before you completed the game and got the achievement?

I noticed after completing my 2nd origin story my overall completion % went up and I wondered if it was also having an effect on the world explored %.

I've heard that this doesn't affect it, but at the mention of it, I did them all before I got it.

CSARdiver
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Any help from Bioware or EA is a wash - the official response from EA is to post on the EA forum as customer service/tech support was not given this information. You have to post in general as there is no Dragon Age section, so no admin will ever read it.

Bioware directs you to the EA site, so equally useless.

I had two friends who unlocked this achievement over Thanksgiving break and did not finish many of the sidequests. Yet another glitched achievement.

Siegfried
12-01-2009, 03:30 AM
I was having a think about this....

I didn't get it after my first run through and did K's hideout, the Fade, Orzhammer chantry, Alienage Orphanage, but I didn't do the Assassins Quests, Slims quests and I sided with King Bhelan so didn't fight for Harrowmont in the Proving. I didn't miss anything else :/

Man, I love you! I truly love you!

I finished the game and of course didn't get the damn thing. But them I read your post and in fact I left this quest undone. I went back, finished it, also finished another quest that made you go inside Quaint Hovel. Now, I'm getting my second ending and the achievement just appeared!

You NEED to get inside every building in this game. If not every building, a lot of them, just getting the areas on that list will not get you the achievement.

Also, the DLC is not required. I never downloaded it and got the Traveler Achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2578617

This guide with this one over here that list the missable places is your best friend! The only place in that other guide that I never went is:

+0% Denerim: Alienage: Tevinter Hospice (78%)

I finished this quest without entering this building and you can't enter it later. So I can assure you this building and the DLC are not required for the traveler achievement. :woop:

Hope this info helps!

ManekiNeko
12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
Can you give me link for the guide that includes all the buildings as well please? Sounds like a good idea you have got there :)

I've not finished the game once yet and although I am trying to go everywhere I'm doubting very much I will get this achievement on the first try.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192986
^ That one has it and a walkthrough of the percentage. :) I can't seem to find the othe guide for some reason, though.

bobbowski
12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
I just got the achievement last night. Figured I'd share in case it helps.

I did every quest that I came across that sent me somewhere (or so I thought). I had a save file right before the Landsmeet. I finished up through the story got to the door of the rooftop and went through, no achievement (95%). I reloaded my save and checked here. I noticed I hadn't gone into Kaitlyn's house or the second floor of her house in Redcliffe or done the quest to get me to K's hideout. I finished those 2 places up and saved and then went through the story again. No deal (96%). I went to the save I had just created and went through the % list here and a few other posts. I then noticed that the store in Haven is not marked on the map and since this was my second play-through I rushed through the town. So I headed back there. I also went to the Orzammar Chantry as well, just to be sure. I saved again and went through the story. (97%) Achievement unlocked.

I do not believe the achievement is glitched. I do believe there is a certain set of requirements for it. I just don't think anyone has figured those out yet. I can also tell you that it did not carryover from multiple playthroughs for me. In my first playthrough I remember going into the Haven store because I got pissed at the guy for not letting me go into the back.

My feelings on the % found in your stats is that you can not ever get 100% on any character. I have played through with every character type. There are places in the game that some characters can just not get to. I was a casteless dwarf, so I couldn't go to the castle in Highever, etc. I believe these areas play a role in the % seen in your stats.

Alaeus
12-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Is it confirmed that you really need to surrender and be captured after saving the queen?

Ferocious
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
lol okay I was at 96% before the rooftop and then it still said 96% after... I redid it and it said 97% on the rooftop but no achievement.... I know I've been to every area you could go to, some multiple times.... and I did every side mission possible, I sided with bhelen but I still went into the proving grounds by fighting on behalf of myself (yes you can, I did it)..... I've read of certain areas not registering properly and people having to go in and out multiple times... it definitely has to be glitching... if not then they are very unclear in what needs to be done because from what I've read, 97% is around the most anyone has posted getting.. I only know of one other person that didn't get it with 97%

it's not really a big deal and I'm sure it will pop up eventually, but it's still annoying.. that quite possibly the easiest achievement in the game other than the origins..... doesn't pop up for everyone in the same manner, only in the same place

WonderCaliban
12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I sided with bhelen but I still went into the proving grounds by fighting on behalf of myself

I found that if you sided with Harrowmont then there was a random encounter on the world map with some of Bhelens men.

That probably isn't it though. I strongly suspect the acheevo to be glitchy. What developer in there right mind makes it this complicated.

Although the whole thing reminds me of the Companion achievements in Mass Effect.

There was never any real clarification there what 'the majority of the game' meant and different people got them by doing different combination of quests.

Ferocious
12-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I found that if you sided with Harrowmont then there was a random encounter on the world map with some of Bhelens men.

That probably isn't it though. I strongly suspect the acheevo to be glitchy. What developer in there right mind makes it this complicated.

Although the whole thing reminds me of the Companion achievements in Mass Effect.

There was never any real clarification there what 'the majority of the game' meant and different people got them by doing different combination of quests.

Yeah I do have a save where I sided with Harrowmont LOL.... but I thought the ending was SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR >>> better for Bhelen ruling yet after going through the Dwarf Noble quest line, he really pissed me off LOL... still though he seemed to be the better ruler. <<<<< /END SPOILERS

I actually got another 1% after reloading that save after the landsmeet but where I could still travel the world, and I went to travel somewhere, got ambushed by some new type of hurlock or genlock... I think it was omega or something like that. Wynne wound up with a new plot point and I finished the game with 97% which is the highest % I've seen around here.

That must mean I need what... 98%? LOL I am wondering if I start to travel with every companion back and forth, if that will give me the last few % I need then to re-enter houses because I heard of it glitching and not counting sometimes when you enter a house.... I wonder if you CAN get to 100% being it's based on one play through, those areas only accessible to certain characters may be made up for the ones playable on whatever character you choose in another fashion. I have definitely hit every area and completed every quest possible including the DLC.... other than maybe a few random encounters, but apparently something didn't give me credit. I really took my time with my first playthrough and clocked in about 111 hours from start to finish with 97%.

I killed every damn enemy that I possibly could and explored every nook and cranny. I do believe it's a bit glitched and if it's not, then it's definition is wrong because stepping foot in every "area" would include those "areas" many people seem to get the achievement without.

Either way no big deal, it will pop up eventually... but still we should be able to expect achievements to work properly or at least be true to word in their definition and not be let down. Great game nonetheless.

Ferocious
12-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Okay, I finally got this one.

I will confirm, that some areas... you can not leave "blackened". For example... while I could clock in at 97%.... it didn't matter. I mean that's good and all just to be on the safe side that I hit every area, but I had to actually run through the top right area of the Wyrming Lair in the Ruined Temple (The Urn of Sacred Ashes quest). So I've re-entered the Ruined Temple, but figured I'd double-check the Wyrming Lair.... and it popped up. Also, I did have Wynne in my party when traveling before going there (which I didn't most of the game before hand) and I also got a % plus a "plot ability" and fought a Hurlock Omega. Now, I'm not sure if this is needed or not.... I could always reload it and try, but it doesn't hurt to just bring her with you before heading to Redcliffe if you completed the Landsmeet or before the Landsmeet... either or to get that ability, whether it does or doesn't count for the achievement. I'd assume it doesn't count, but better to be on the safe side and why not get the extra xp. Also the only other thing I did different was went and fought in all the matches in the Proving Grounds ILLEGAL matches (there's a guy who's in some backroom who will set it up, I believe around five fights finished it). Although, I had already been in the Proving.... but for those that haven't maybe that's your ticket in if you missed your opportunity to go in there (not sure if u can or can't get in after you complete the main orzammar missions.. although i went in by playing two sides of the fence and fought in the proving representing myself instead of harrowmont... i guess that was possible after already mostly siding with bhelen... then decided against harrowmont bcuz i didnt like the ending it had with him winning.. bhelen's a jackass but he was better for his people according to the ending). It's worth a shot. I'm pretty certain it was going to the very far top right of the Wyrming Lair and collecting a book, plus some items and fought some mages, cultists, and another Drake.

Check that area if you aren't getting it. I will repost this same thing in the other threads, just incase others aren't there.

It may not be in that area for you, but maybe somewhere in another area of the game.... just apply the same method. It's not a hard achievement, but it's not extremely clear because "step foot in every area of the game" really doesn't apply to EVERY AREA... it seems to be those areas deemed accessible through one means or another by Bioware's team. % really doesn't seem to matter as I was finishing with 97% before and not getting it... so I must've really explored the heck outta this game to have that high of a % and not get it.... so now I am certain, my character has been everywhere (except you can only do K or D's hideout... in this playthrough I did K's... I've done D's in another but that doesn't matter being it doesn't carry over as far as we know, and if it does... well then there must be a glitch because it's not unlocking for everyone in their second, third, etc.. playthroughs.

Grizzlegrom
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM

soon as i did this it unlocked thank god

Barad
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Cool guide dude.

oblivionspawn07
12-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Seriously one of the most annoying achievements. im Doing my THIRD complete playthrough now trying to get this last achievement and i am really worried that it STILL wont pop up. i have done EVERYTHING and i dont get s*** in return.

it pisses me off

BurningBlaze21
12-05-2009, 04:22 AM
I just got this achievement, and I was not expecting it.

The actual recognized guide http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dragon-age-origins/guide/
links to the ps3 trophy sister site, and it says that you have to save Connor during The Arl Of Redcliffe, and that infact is not true. I did not save Connor, and I still got the achievement. Just so you all know?

hishumble1
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
you don't need shale in your party during anvil of the void for Cadash Thaig. I talked to him in camp after I destroyed the anvil and it unlocked his side mission.

Vivi
12-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I just got the Traveler achievement and did not go to the Fade to save the King's son. I beat the game once and didnt get the achievement, so I reloaded before the landsmeet and made sure to finish up Slim Cauldry's missions and also the bar missions in Denrim. K/D's Hideout I think did it for me. It is a location marked on the map that I didnt get before. So for anyone that killed the King's son and didnt go to The Fade..don't freak out about it.

:)

BrokenKnight
12-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Just got it myself a couple minutes ago. For what it's worth...I did NOT do Slims quests, i turned him down in the beginning. Turns out I was missing Tigor's Imporium (or whatever it's called) in Orzammar. Hope this helps.

vgfanatic1
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm somewhat confused about this achievement. Do you have to go into every shop/room? For example, in Redcliff, do I need to go to places such as the houses?

Vivi
12-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm somewhat confused about this achievement. Do you have to go into every shop/room? For example, in Redcliff, do I need to go to places such as the houses?

All I know is the Fade for the King's son isnt required, other than that I would make sure to go into every building you can.

Blade of Honour
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I just finished the game, went to every location on this list, and no achievement... not really sure what happened lol...

J Dubz15
12-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Hate this achievement! I went everywhere stated on the first page and nothing :( Oh well, for now I'm focusing on getting all 4 endings. I need to do another play through to side with the templars (as I missed the option on my 2nd playthrough) and I need to get Morrigan and Leliana romance achievements.

Estel
12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
I thought maybe someone would find my info useful. I didn't make the quests for that bartender in the Gnawed Noble Tavern, neither did i for the Crows (Ignacio) or Slim Couldry (Crime Wave) yet i got the Traveler achievement.

It was my first playthrough, i've only done one origin story and have no DLC installed.

Vandit96
12-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Ok, I have a question...
I started a second playthrough for this achivement.
Does the stupid companions quests count for this?
And does it affect if I chose Bhelen..and not the other dude..???
Because in some guide it shows Harrowmond estate( or something like that)....but I can't enter if i chose Bhelen....
Pls someone tell me....
Thank youh :X

Vivi
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, I have a question...
Because in some guide it shows Harrowmond estate( or something like that)....but I can't enter if i chose Bhelen....
Pls someone tell me....

Leliana's might since it opens a new building in Denerim. The others shouldn't be.

Trash Man
12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok, I have a question...
Pls someone tell me....

I sided with Bhelen on the playthrough that I got the achievement, so it should not matter.

As for the player side quests, I only did Alistair's and Leliana's.

Infection Ftw
12-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I am not sure if the DLC count towards this achievement but I listed it anyways. These are all of the areas in the game.

It should not count towards the achievement since the full 1000 has to be optainable without being forced to buy any dlc to get it. It's in the achievement rules.

Vandit96
12-14-2009, 12:23 AM
I sided with Bhelen on the playthrough that I got the achievement, so it should not matter.

As for the player side quests, I only did Alistair's and Leliana's.

Oh damn...i'm maxed out with leliana and she doesn't want to sleep with meh....wth!@!!!!........
still i did alistar's quest....
this sucks!...
any trick for leliana's gay atitude?

vans
12-14-2009, 01:28 AM
so to get it i can just quickly kill the demon in connor instead of going in after it?

All I know is the Fade for the King's son isnt required, other than that I would make sure to go into every building you can.

Vivi
12-14-2009, 08:38 AM
so to get it i can just quickly kill the demon in connor instead of going in after it?

That is correct.

chrislocalboy
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Just to add to this, I completed the game for the first time yesterday..... I'm trying to get all 4 endings in one playthrough so will be rolling back to saves etc.

I didn't do a massive amount of side quests, did get to K's hideout but chose not to be an assassin for that other guy, I've been to every single building in every town (double checked) and I did every area of the deep roads (Shale DLC excluded as I didnt take him) along with every area of the fade when rescuing Connor and I did not get the Traveller achievement.

So I dont know what else I can do as I've totally explored every area available on my map althought I have not double checked the Brecillian Forest area again...... I did do all the quests here though so I shouldnt need to check it.

Silly achievement if you ask me because the guidelines for it are so vague giving no real indication of whats required, I also think this could be bugged because I've seen mulitple posts of people not doing many sidequests at all (no extra areas in Denerim) and getting it. Weird.......... maybe it will unlock when I replay the ending a further 3 times?