PDA

View Full Version : need help opening a controller...

Enter The Nutty
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM
nevermind....google owns me...its a security torx driver if anyone needed/wanted to know

razzleson
02-20-2007, 11:08 PM
nevermind....google owns me...its a security torx driver if anyone needed/wanted to know
Just in case anyone else is interested, it's a security torx size 8. But you can just use a small precision screwdriver and pry off the security rod and just use a normal torx 8.

Remember there's an additional screw under the battery pack for a total of 7 screws.

she haunts me
02-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Little late to the post...but thanks a lot Razzleson. My buttons are starting to stick like crazy. I can't even press down the start button. I figure a good cleaning would be wise before I dropped $60 on a new controller.

razzleson
02-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Little late to the post...but thanks a lot Razzleson. My buttons are starting to stick like crazy. I can't even press down the start button. I figure a good cleaning would be wise before I dropped $60 on a new controller.
Oh yeah, I clean mine every month.

I use a 1:1 solution of water and 99% rubbing alcohol, with the addition of paper towels and oh boy does it help.

DevorianDevil
02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
never found a 8 torq driver here in the stories, so i bought a 10 torq driver and i was able to open it up aswell, just took a bit longer.

Daywalker-san
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
I need to get a torx 8 to clean mine, i only have a torx 6 i used to fix and old mobile phone.

Alessiuccio
02-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Is it easy to reassemble it, once opened? I remember me freakin out when trying to clean my ps2 controllers lol