PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition

The GunOfTheWest
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I have looked at this game lot recently, and have decided that I definately want to get it. The thing is that I am torn between getting the L.E. and the S.E.

I am all for in-game items, in fact it's pretty much the only thing I buy L.E.'s for in the first place (and steelbooks)

Could anyone list what you get in the standard opposed to the Limited? On game stores' sites it does not list the S.E. as coming with anything yet I have heard from a friend though that you get in-game in the Standard also.

For those that have limited, are the items that you get worth it? Are they much better than those you get in the standard edition? Do they last the entire game? Add much replayability? In essence is the extra stuff worth £10.

I believe that you get warden's keep in the S.E. and I know that you get the golem one with the L.E. do you get the Warden one in the L.E. too? If not which DLC is better?

--------------
That is a lot of questions right there, but I really just want a reasoned comparison of the two editions, as I really can't afford the L.E. yet want it too, so I don't want to waste my money. All info and advice is very much appreciated.

Cynnamin
11-10-2009, 03:24 PM
All retail copies come with Shale and the Blood Dragon Armor. Codes are good through April 2010. After that, I believe they will no longer be included.

The Collector's Edition comes with these items:

Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read.
Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage).

The DLC, Warden's Keep, does not come with any version that includes discs. Warden's Keep is included for free with the digital download version of Dragon Age Origins as a compensation for not receiving the tin case, DVD and cloth map.

Edit: I note you are in the UK, please see the thread here: http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=702701&forum=146 Some UK players are complaining that they did not receive any physical bonus items (case, dvd, etc) in the UK Collector's Edition.

Ray5555
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
The collector's edition is worth every penny, not only do you get a full soundtrack, you also get 3 very good ingame items. the tome increases your stats +3, The staff is probably the best staff in the game, and Bergen's honor is the best helmet in the game.

The GunOfTheWest
11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
All retail copies come with Shale and the Blood Dragon Armor. Codes are good through April 2010. After that, I believe they will no longer be included.

The Collector's Edition comes with these items:

Bergenís Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read.
Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage).

The DLC, Warden's Keep, does not come with any version that includes discs. Warden's Keep is included for free with the digital download version of Dragon Age Origins as a compensation for not receiving the tin case, DVD and cloth map.

Edit: I note you are in the UK, please see the thread here: http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=702701&forum=146 Some UK players are complaining that they did not receive any physical bonus items (case, dvd, etc) in the UK Collector's Edition.

Thanks for this info, but after a little research it seems that the tin case and cloth map are US only, which sucks.

The GunOfTheWest
11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Also, ray thanks, looks like i'll be getting the C.E. :)

NateTraveller
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks for this info, but after a little research it seems that the tin case and cloth map are US only, which sucks.

It isn't. I got it when I ordered the copy here in Sweden.

MachineHero
11-12-2009, 02:01 AM
one important aside is that the items are not available to equip right away. Kinda sucks that 10 hours into the game, my level 10 character is still like 14 strength away from wearing the blood dragon armor, not to mention the damn things are unbelievably expensive

DENAz666
11-12-2009, 05:49 AM

Nah they aren't mate, i'm in australia and bought one from my local EB Games. If you can't find one in the UK, just order one from over here as we're the same region

The GunOfTheWest
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Nah they aren't mate, i'm in australia and bought one from my local EB Games. If you can't find one in the UK, just order one from over here as we're the same region

Well, it certainly isn't sold in the UK that I can find. I don't want one enough to import though.