View Full Version : Name bug

11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I just started doing the Origin stories and Ive noticed that after putting my characters name in for the first time, it is then reset to a default name made up by the game and im forced to put the name I want in a second (and final) time.

This happen to anyone else? (I started a thief and played for a while, until I noticed the name, and deleted and started again.)

11-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Unfortunately, it is a bug in the game. It's happened a couple times to me.

11-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I mostly posted so others would look out for it so they wouldnt find out they dont have there own name too late :)

Big To
11-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah I had this happen to my second Human Origin character, good thing you posted this, it'll help prevent people learning of this late in the game.

11-13-2009, 06:59 AM
this happened to me as well, just check your name at the bottom of the screen before you click "next" after you make your character and it should work.

11-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Did you flip through the preset character faces? Because I think that's what did it to me when I was making my second character.

11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Happened to me only once. And that was when I made my 2nd Dwarf rogue. I changed my mind about the spec I was going to go and decided to start over. I made a different name, but same sex/origin. I thought I changed the name after checking presets, but I might not have. Doesn't bother me though, I just used the names for reference anyways.