PDA

View Full Version : Key Required

Ionus
11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Just an observation :)

But don't all 'locked' things 'require' a key to open???

This is a fairly common theme in RPG's to give you a lockpick skill then have certain locked items that you cannot lockpick...

This does not make any sense to me :p

Most of these 'require key' items I have no clue how to get them open, so usually just pass them up.

Oh well :) not an important thread or anything, as I said, just an observation...

Fun game however :)

The GunOfTheWest
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Lol, random ramble thread of the year award goes too....

True Marvellous
11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Its a game, don't think about it too much.

I only hope your not playing as a mage with the arcane warrior skill set as these a mission where you disguise yourself as guards.

That may sound good but hen you consider my mage glows like a Christmas tree,you'd think they would notice!!:p

Harrison Drake
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
There are unpickable locks in real life so shouldn't there be unpickable locks in games to try to maintain some semblance of reality while being attacked by dragons and darkspawn and fighting back with a scantily clad witch who can turn into a giant spider?

See, reality is important in video games and that is the reason for locks that require keys.

ThatRuddyGuy
11-12-2009, 07:53 AM
While yes there are a fair amount of Key only locks, almost all of them have a way of obtaining said key. The only 2 I haven't figured out yet are the 2 in Denerim Market District, across from Gorim the dwarven Merchant.

Just make sure to bring a rogue everywhere and keep his/her lockpicking and cunning at a decent level. (Obtain the lockpicking skills ASAP and keep cunning leveled. I found 26 cunning to be just fine)

zzenigmaxzz
11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
if you keep leliana in your party and have her affection maxed she gets a massive boost to cunning, have her lockpicking maxed and you wont have to put any hard points into cunning for her

Dark Kitsune
11-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Who is to say that those locks do not have unique keys? Maybe that lock has nothing to stick picks into? Hmmmmm????:locked