PDA

View Full Version : The Stone Prisoner DLC glitch?

ManekiNeko
11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Right well I've started the DLC quest and I've already hit a bump, at the moment I'm in Honnleath and I've found the people in the basement, and for some reason I'm unable to interact with either the barrier or the people, I've tried selecting them, and nothing's worked. I've killed all the Darkspawn and tried the rod on Shale and absolutely nothing is happening, would making a new character and starting a new game help it at all or will I just be stuck? Maybe I'm missing something :P

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 04:26 AM
What, no one got ANY ideas?

The Cripplers
11-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Usually you just go up to them and talk and it moves on from there.
Have you tried resetting your console? I've had a few glitches that fixed after restarting.

icabod
11-11-2009, 06:52 AM
I had a glitch similar to that with the keep DLC (i made a post here a few days ago) only thing that worked for me was to go to a save before i ever entered the area and do it all over it. Oh my glitch though was a door would not register as a door so i couldnt exit the area :(

edit: and i tried to restart my console to but no love

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 06:58 AM
yea im having that glitch with a quest with 2 locked doors it sucks, im gonna try the console reset thing.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
I don't understand that console reset.. How do I do that?

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 07:06 AM
just turn your console off then back on. I assume thats what they mean.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 07:11 AM
just turn your console off then back on. I assume thats what they mean.

If that's the case then I've done that, with no luck. =/

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 07:14 AM
hmm wierd, i think i just walked close to the shield and it went into the cutscene for me. make sure your character doesnt think you are in combat.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I have no idea how I can solve it.. Should I re-install the DLC, buy another game, what? =/

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Im not sure, its a wierd glitch. Id say move the main story on a bit then try again later?

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Im not sure, its a wierd glitch. Id say move the main story on a bit then try again later?

Aye, I'm already doing "Paragon of her own kind" So I can't really go back and try again haha. I've made another character and downloaded the DLC again, I don't know, maybe I can use another XBox and download it and see if that works..?

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 07:24 AM
could always try, im not sure how the dlc and the dragon age/ea account thing works. So its always a choice.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Well thanks... Any other help or tips would be great too heh.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 08:33 AM
If anyone knows if I can just download the DLC and play it on another XBox after recovering my gamertag then I'll be happy heh.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Right well I've started the DLC quest and I've already hit a bump, at the moment I'm in Honnleath and I've found the people in the basement, and for some reason I'm unable to interact with either the barrier or the people, I've tried selecting them, and nothing's worked. I've killed all the Darkspawn and tried the rod on Shale and absolutely nothing is happening, would making a new character and starting a new game help it at all or will I just be stuck? Maybe I'm missing something :P

Here's a quick walkthru of exactly what I did:
1) kill all the darkspawn outside in the town
2) pick up the "bloodied bronze key" from the dead villager
3) attempt to use control rod on shale
4) enter wilhelm's cellar and clear out all darkspawn inside
5) walk up to the barrier and it should say "magical barrier" at the top of your screen. Just press the "A" button to initiate the cut scene with the people on the other side and they will drop the barrier after the conversation. Now you can just continue along to the bottom of the cellar.

Hope that helps.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Here's a quick walkthru of exactly what I did:
1) kill all the darkspawn outside in the town
2) pick up the "bloodied bronze key" from the dead villager
3) attempt to use control rod on shale
4) enter wilhelm's cellar and clear out all darkspawn inside
5) walk up to the barrier and it should say "magical barrier" at the top of your screen. Just press the "A" button to initiate the cut scene with the people on the other side and they will drop the barrier after the conversation. Now you can just continue along to the bottom of the cellar.

Hope that helps.

Okay I'm going to do that with my new character, to see what happens. Thanks!

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
You shouldnt have to use a new character. Its a pretty short level, especially if you already killed everything, so just run in real quick. Walk up to the barrier and press "A". The cutscene does not start automatically and has to be initiated.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
You shouldnt have to use a new character. Its a pretty short level, especially if you already killed everything, so just run in real quick. Walk up to the barrier and press "A". The cutscene does not start automatically and has to be initiated.

I've even done that and absolutely nothing happens, I've tried redownloading the DLC and I haven't tried it yet as I'm in Ozammar (sp?)

Would I be able to do it on a different console, downloading it again? I really want to 100% this game.

Scrapdaddy
11-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I've even done that and absolutely nothing happens, I've tried redownloading the DLC and I haven't tried it yet as I'm in Ozammar (sp?)

Would I be able to do it on a different console, downloading it again? I really want to 100% this game.

When you get back in does it say "Magical Barrier" at the top of your screen when you are standing close to it? Should have the same green border aound the text as if you can talk to it.

I guess you could try downloading it again on a different console but so far you're the only person that I've seen this happen too. Before you go thru all that, just start a new game (you'll need to do all the origins anyway if you are trying for all achievements) and start this DLC quest right after whatever origin you chose. The game scales the difficulty to your level so you should be able to tackle it right away.

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 08:03 PM
When you get back in does it say "Magical Barrier" at the top of your screen when you are standing close to it? Should have the same green border aound the text as if you can talk to it.

I guess you could try downloading it again on a different console but so far you're the only person that I've seen this happen too. Before you go thru all that, just start a new game (you'll need to do all the origins anyway if you are trying for all achievements) and start this DLC quest right after whatever origin you chose. The game scales the difficulty to your level so you should be able to tackle it right away.

It doesn't even say "Magical Barrier" When I get near it, I'm going to try and do it again on another character when I finish my Mage game, if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to recover my gamertag and try on another console, thank you for the help though! I'm hoping if worst comes to the worst I can at least do it another console!

Darth Odan
11-12-2009, 01:29 AM
This happened to me right now!!!! I couldn't interact with the wall, talked with a team mate and I TELEPORTED TO THE OTHER SIDE! I CAN'T GET OUT!!!!!!! This sucks balls!!!!!

ManekiNeko
11-12-2009, 02:08 AM
This happened to me right now!!!! I couldn't interact with the wall, talked with a team mate and I TELEPORTED TO THE OTHER SIDE! I CAN'T GET OUT!!!!!!! This sucks balls!!!!!

How did you manage to teleport? O_O

Darth Odan
11-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I have NO idea. I was walking around the barrier, and I pressed A. I started talking with Wynne, skipped everything, and next thing I know, she's INSIDE the room blocked by the barrier. I switch to her, and my whole group is inside with the barrier. I complete the quest, but I couldn't get out. I reloaded a save, and played it again, loosing an hours worth of quests -.-

Scrapdaddy
11-12-2009, 02:29 AM
I don't know you guys, that's really strange. Did it work ok the 2nd time you played it, after the reload? Did you see the "Magical Barrier" text?

Darth Odan
11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah, after I reloaded, I saw the text. This game has way too many bugs, but it's fun :D I hope the other DLC doesn't glitch like this one...

Scrapdaddy
11-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah I've been hearing alot of people have different problems but my game only froze 1 time. I did install it and play it from the hard drive so maybe that helped. Im glad it worked the 2nd time though. For the rest of the game just keep saving at different spots at about hour long intervals so you dont lose to much progress if something else comes up.

ManekiNeko
11-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Yeah I'm saving all the time now, I haven't tried the second time round, I think I might do soon though, if not, I don't know, I'll think of something. It is a great game but still a fair bit of bugs.

DENAz666
11-12-2009, 05:36 AM
I just selected the barrier wall as if i was talking to that, and it just went straight to the cutscene, no problems.