PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best equipment? check here SPOILERS!!!!!

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
legendary weapons in this game are:

topsiders honor - deep roads - find the three pieces then reassamble them in ortan thaig

ageless - orzammar - (must be done before you pick a new king) click the kings throne then set 3 of your party members on pressure plates around the area then use the 4th to click the throne again ... kill the dragon

starfang - get the random encounter with the crater then take the starmetal to wardens keep to have a 1 or 2 handed sword made

keening blade - complete the unbound quest to start it find the journals here
1. Adventurer's corpse in Ruined Temple on the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest in the southwest corridor.
2. Brecilian ruins' Lower Ruins in the south fire trap room.
3. Gotta talk to an adventurer in Orzammar's Tapster's tavern.
4. Finally go to Denerim, go to the dirty back alley, and fight the demon.

summersword - defeat loghains general when trying to save the queen

staff of the magister lords - purchased from the quartermaster in the circle tower

marjorlaneses recurve - complete lelianas character quest

yusaris - complete the statue quest on the 3rd floor of the magi tower by selecting the statues in this order : left - right - middle - then the statue near the 4th floor stairs.. then return to the first floor to check the door to the basement and defeat the monster that is summoned

the rose's thorn - purchased in a shop in orzzamar

wintersbreath - can be gotten 2 ways one of which is through the wardens keep DLC and i believe the other is purchasing it at the wonders of thedas

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legendary armor/armor sets in this game:

Wades armors - Wade of wades emporium in denerim will make you 3 sets of armor 2 of which will use 3x drake scales and the other will need the dragonscale. the first 2 sets are leather armor and the last one is your choice of medium, heavy, or massive. you can get plenty of drake scales and the dragon scale during the urn of sacred ashes quest. make sure you always pay the extra gold when asked to get the best results

blood dragon armor - use the DLC code to get the first piece and the rest will be in bodhans shop in your camp

juggernaut - examine the 3 tombstones in the brecilian forrest for the first three pieces and then get the final piece by completing the jug quest in the ruins

Legion Set - pieces are spread throughout the deeproads

Reapers Vestment - best robe - purchased in the wonders of thedas

robes of possession - complete morrigans character quest by killing flemmeth and they will be found in the chest in flemeths hut

Ionus
11-11-2009, 06:58 AM
wintersbreath - can be gotten 2 ways one of which is through the wardens keep DLC and i believe the other is purchasing it at the wonders of thedas

The 2 that you get are not the same (well not in my game anyway)

Wintersbreath
+25% cold resistance
+3 spellpower
+10% cold damage
Radiates cold

Winter's Breath
+25% cold damage
+15% cold damage
Radiates cold

But everything else (except design) are the same stat wise.

just FYI, don't know if you care or not, but there it is :p

Oh yeah, and thank you very much for the guide. :)

T i o u Z
11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanx !!!!!

zzenigmaxzz
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanx !!!!!

youre welcome ... heres an update of some of the other pieces i forgot to add:

Duty Helm - Easily found as long as you have your dog with you. bring the dog to the fight with caridan/branka (anvil of the void)and have him search around. he will bring it back to you

Effort Armor - Gotten from defeating the Broodmother storyline boss in the dead tranches

Efforts Gloves - You will find 4 piles of rubble in Caridans Cross. after finding the 4th pile you will be directed via your hud to an area where the drifters cache can be found

Efforts boots - purchased from Alimar in Dust Town

Duncan's shield - after saving riordan in the prison ask him about the drey warden documents you found in the chest just before him and you will be able to unlock the back room of the marketplace wharehouse in denerim - this is a gift for alistair that you can equip after giving it to him

one of the other pieces that i have been told about but havent found myself is king marics blade... has anyone found this or know if it even exists in this version? it is listed in the guide supposedly but no one seems to know where it is

Munkapotatoes
11-12-2009, 04:28 AM
don't forget the dusk ring and dawn ring. The only jewelry set bonus that i know of.

BlackDragon
11-12-2009, 05:22 AM
AH yes... I know about them. One of them, you get somewhere in the forest, though I cannot remember where - you can trade it to the hermit for the Ancient Elven Armor helmet, or some book, but I dunno if that's a good idea.

The other one, I didn't get 'till the FInal Battle, after helping the elves of the Alienage defend themselves from the onslaught of Darkspawn. I don't know if there's some way to get it earlier.

zzenigmaxzz
11-14-2009, 09:23 PM
AH yes... I know about them. One of them, you get somewhere in the forest, though I cannot remember where - you can trade it to the hermit for the Ancient Elven Armor helmet, or some book, but I dunno if that's a good idea.

The other one, I didn't get 'till the FInal Battle, after helping the elves of the Alienage defend themselves from the onslaught of Darkspawn. I don't know if there's some way to get it earlier.

the first ring is obtained from the "fake" camp in the forest right past the great oak clearing

Ionus
11-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, if so sorry.

There is a full set of Ancient Elven Armor: Locations as follows

Boots: in the Chantry in Lothering, the locked cabinet (needs key). you get the key from Ser Bryant. Introduce self as Grey Warden, then ask is there anything he can do to help you. and he will give you the key.

Helm: can be traded from the Mad Hermit in Bracillian Forest. note that you can get 3 items to trade. 1 book from elf looking for wife, 1 book from a locked chest in elf camp, and the scarf from the werewolf.

Armor: Elven Ruins (Bracillian Forest), before the werewolf lair (I have not actually found this, but that is what gamefaqs said) *edit : ok did find this, it is in the first sarcophagus to the right in a small room to the left of the large sphere in the room before you enter the werewolf lair.

Gloves: Dungeon of the High Dragon (Sacred Ashes Quest). Again I have not found this yet, but was posted on a gamefaqs thread. Ok now I have found it, actually is in the Ruined Temple: once inside go all the way as far North as you can, past the Main Hall until you come to a statue with a pathway to the right and left. The gloves are in a chest to the right of the statue.

*when I actually find the 2 mentioned by gamefaqs, I will edit this to give better locations.

Well anyway, hope this helps someone :)

MasterJon08
11-18-2009, 11:10 PM
So what is the best bow that the player character can use? I'm sure I've found it but nothing immediately comes to mind.

Ionus
11-20-2009, 07:16 PM
A couple of nice items to go with the whole Ancient Elven armor theme:

Ancient Elven Longsword called The Green Blade:
Longsword Veridium (Tier 4)
Damage: 9.10
+10% Nature Resistance
+6 damage vs. Beasts
(1) Rune Slot
This sword can be found in Redcliffe Village, the boy in the closet has the Key to a chest on the second floor of his house (not hard to talk him out of it) His sister want you to find him, she is in the chantry.

Mage's Eye Longbow Dragonthorne (Tier 7)
Damage: 9.60
+3% ranged critical chance
+4 attack
This bow can be found in Haven, in the back room (chest) of the store. As soon as you open anychest in this town, the whole town will attack, so do any trades with the shopkeeper before you go in any other houses or open any chests. just FYI.

So anyway with these weapons and the Ancient Elven Armor, you will look pretty nice (my elf girl, rogue/bard looks very nice) :p

mnbvcxzlp
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I found a really nice accessory no on listed called Key to the city.

You gave to find the following things in orzammar
commission report in the hall of heros
a document on the bridge to the provings in the commons
in the proving grounds find a writ of censure
in the diamond quarter find the council writ behind the doors to the commons
in dust town find the assembly directive in a niche
when you have all those found go to the assembly an a diplomatic chache will be there.
it gives +2 all attributes.
+4 spell resistance
+10% to healing effects.

chowmeister
11-28-2009, 06:43 AM
what are the best one handed weapons for my rouge?