PDA

View Full Version : Official Romance Guide

SupremeRapier
11-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Dragon Age: Origins Romancing Guide

I've been seeing a bunch of posts asking questions about how to do this and since my entire gameplay has pretty much revolved around this I decided to make a guide for anyone who is having trouble.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I find out my character's affection %?
A. In the main menu choose which character you want with http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lb.png or http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rb.png and there will be an affection bar below them which will range between a dark red(dislikes) to a warm yellow(likes).

Q. Do my characters have to have a 100% affection to get them to sleep with me?
A. No. but for Alistair and Leliana will need to be around 90% (the last block on the affection bar)

Q. What are the possible characters I can have a romance with?
A.
Alistair (as a female only)
Morrigan (as a male only)
Leliana (as a male or female)
Zevran (as a male or female)

There are also various npcs you can have brief romances with which will earn you rewards.These Do Not count toward the Hopelessly Romantic achievement. However be cautious about who is in your party at the time because you may or may not be able to romance an npc if a jealous girlfriend/boyfriend is watching.

Q. How do I earn affection points with my characters?
A. By initiating conversations with them and sticking with their ethical code, siding with them in various quests, giving them gifts, doing their side quest.

Q. Do I have to finish the character's personal side quest in order to get them to sleep with me?
A. No. But there may be an exception with Leliana, I have currently done 4 playthroughs and have had to do her personal side quest each time simply due to the lack of dialog. Theoretically you may be able to if you give her enough gifts after exhausting every possible dialog option.

Q. I romanced (character A) and now I cant get (character B) to sleep with me. (Character B) is at 100% affection, what do I do?
A. This is a bit tricky. for the most part you want to end things with (character A) but be as vague as possible to keep them wanting you.

Example: "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to hurt either of you"

Never pick the option that will completely end things or you might miss out on possible rewards.

Q. Is it possible to have romances with all 4 main characters in 1 playthrough?
A. Yes and No. You can definitely get 3 with the exception of Alistair or Morrigan depending on if you are a male or female. It is possible however to initiate a foursome if you have high affection with each character, have been romantically involved with at least one of them and make sure they arent jealous. It is pretty difficult to pull off and will not count towards the romance achievements. So you will want to start a new playthrough to get the last person you need for the Hopelessly Romantic achievement.

Q. When is the soonest I can start a romance with a character?
A. As soon as you leave Lothering when you enter your party camp. Essentially you can romance Morrigan, Alistair, and Leliana at this point. Zevran is recruited after your next mission so you'll have to romance him a little later.

Q. How do I give a gift to a character?
A. Go to the main menu, use http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lt.pngor http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rt.png to get to the equip/item page, choose the character you wish to give the gift to with http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/lb.png or http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rb.png then click on the gift and press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/a.png to give the gift to them.

Q. My character is out of dialog options, what do I do?
A. Simply exit your party camp then re-enter and you should get new dialog. If that doesn't work try giving them more gifts.

Q. If I romance one character then load up another save will it still count towards the Hopelessly Romantic achievement?
A. Yes. The achievement spans through multiple playthroughs, so onces its unlocked it will forever count towards the 4 romances for the achievement.

Q. Where do I have to be to start a romance?
A. You can be anywhere to get their affection up, but you must be in the party camp to have a romance with them.

Character Interactions

To get most of your affection points you will need to initiate conversations with your characters. You will earn more points if you agree with their views on the topic and simply showing that you care.

Character Bios

Morrigan: Morrigan is into bad boys and flings, she will not sleep with you if your affection rating is over 90% so its best to romance her first. You should be able to sleep with her around 80%. Keep her affection rating below 90% to avoid her making you choose between her and the other man/woman.

Conversation Tips: Talk about Flemith, her childhood, the good of her magic, sex, be a tease and a bit of an ass, she likes it when you take charge and likes the fairness in evil things so keep that in mind when talking with her.

Gifts She Likes: Gold, Silver, Grimoires

Leliana: Leliana wants to be in love so your going to have to try to be the typical BFF to her to get her to fall in love with you. You will need to get her affection rating to around 90-95% to get her to sleep with you. Typically you will want to save her for last unless all you have left is a same sex romance.

Conversation Tips: Talk about her past, the chantry, her future, always side with her and suck up ie."Omg I totally love shoes!!" flirting is good but be respectful, she only likes nice guys/girls.

Gifts She Likes: Amulets, anything to do with Andraste, shoes, Sword of Mercy

Alistair: Alistair loves to tell stupid jokes and keeps his emotions hidden. Overall, like Leliana, he wants to be in love, meaning you will need to get his affection rating up to around 90-95%. You will get the option to sleep with him much earlier, around 70% but he will refuse and give you a -3ish% until he falls in love with you.

Conversation Tips: Always humor him, His jokes may be stupid or off topic but he loves it when you play along. Avoid talking about Duncan if you can, but when the subject comes up be respectful and understanding. Other than that talk about his life as a templar, and his past. When the topic of sex comes up around 90% be forceful.

Gifts He Likes: Duncan's Shield, Statuettes, Amulets, Runes

Zevran: Zevran is an oddball, He will sleep with you around 60% He, like Morrigan doesn't mind flings so doing him early on is good. Overall he doesn't have much of a preference in terms of types of women/men he likes and will do you almost instantly and usually gives a substantial amount of affection points for minor dialog.

Conversation Tips: Agree with him on anything, and he loves talking about sex and leather >.>

Gifts He Likes: Gold Bars, Leather Boots, Gloves

Tips

If Morrigan gives you an ultimatum choose to be with her and she will tell you to break it off with the other person but will not in fact end things with the other person.

If you want to get all the love affection items ie. rings etc. Accept the item and then be an ass to get a - rating and the item. Also to get multiple items simple sell the ring/item or equip it to another character and you will eventually get the gift dialog again.

Max out your Persuasive skill, this will help you a lot if you ever get accused of cheating. This will also help if your going for a threesome or foursome. :woop:

Always Save your game before you enter in on any conversation so you can get the desired amount of approval rating with your character.

Gifts will decrease in affection points after awhile so make sure you give your character the highest rating items first. For mor information of gifts go to http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Gifts

SupremeRapier
11-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Personal Side Quest Guide

Each character has their own personal side quest once you reach a certain affection level, around 75%. And Once the quest is complete you should net about 15+ affection points. You are not required to complete these quests in order to sleep with your characters, the only exception may be Leliana.

Morrigan: You get this after you complete the Circle of Magi Tower Mission. In your party camp talk to her and she will ask you to retrieve a Black Grimoire from a chest in the 2nd floor of the tower, you will probably have this already so trade it to her to finish the quest.

Part 2: Morrigan will eventually ask you to seek out Flemmeth's Grimoire and ask you to kill her mother. Whether or not you decide to kill her is up to you, once you return with the book you'll finish the quest.

Part 3: Travel to Orzammar Commons and buy a Golden Mirror from Garin he is near the Diamond Quarter. Trade the Golden Mirror to Morrigan.

Leliana: You will get a cutscene by entering your party camp and she will talk about her past as a bard. Next travel to any area, (Denerim if you want to do the whole quest right away) and you will be ambushed by assassins, defeat them and you will be pointed to Denerim. Go to the market and hug the right side till you get to Leliana's assassin contact's house. You will have to defeat 2 guards then talk to Marjolaine and you'll have the option to kill her or let her go, either option works but if you decide to kill her be prepared for a tough fight. Afterwards return to your party camp and talk to her, then leave and talk to her once more and you should be able to sleep with her.

Part 2: Trade Leliana Andraste's Grace, which can be found in Redcliffe Villiage near the windmill, the Brecilian Forest north of the main path, or in the Elven Alianage.

Part 3: Travel to Ozammar with Leliana in your party and head to Dust Town. There talk to her and she will mention that she would like a pet Nug. Talk to the Idle Dwarf and ask him to catch one for you then exit and re-enter to get it then trade it to Leliana.

Alistair: Put Alistair in your party and head to Denerim and eventually he will ask you to find his sister, find her in the markets to complete his quest.

Part 2: While in Redcliffe, make sure to pick up Alistair’s Mother’s Amulet from the desk in Castle Redcliffe and give it to him, it can be found on the main floor.

Part 3: In Denerim, go to the Warehouse and check the armor stand to get Duncan's Shield and give it to Alistair.

Zevran: Trade him Antivian Leather Boots which can be found in a chest in the Haven villiage store.

Part 2: Trade Zevran Dalish Gloves from a chest in the West Brazilian Forest.

SupremeRapier
11-11-2009, 03:31 AM
How To Engage in a Threeway/Fourway

So far this seems to be the only way I have been able to initiate a threesome. This will not unlock the Thrill Of Romance and Hopelessly Romantic achievements but is still worth watching :D

*Thanks goes to Mancerelectro for confirming this*

How to Start

First you need max persuasive skill and high affection with each character you are trying to romance with and put them in your party. Then go to Denerim and enter the Pearl. Speak to Isabela and flirt with her, when she asks you to play a game with her use the persuade option instead. This should trigger your characters to speak out. convince them to join and you'll have your threeway/fourway :woop:

Note: As far as I know this particular option will only work so long as you have never talked to Isabela before in your current game.

Here is a video moarinternets posted on youtube to show how its done.

YouTube- Dragon Age: Origins - Isabela Threesome with Alistair

Some Fun Facts About NPC Romances

While not totally related, they do add to much of the humor in the game. Some NPCs will reward you with various goodies if you choose to romance them. Also this is a great way to get your persuasive points up for the Silver Tongue achievement.

Use this as an alternative to "breaking up" with one of your main characters so that you can move on to the next to get another Thrill of Romance achievement. If you bring along one of your characters and they see you smooching another girl you'll definitely get a -10-20% with them. The good side however is that they will never confront you with that and they will lose any grudge they had for your other romances for the time being.

Currently Known NPCs You Can Romance With

Isabela - Denerim, Pearl
Gheyna - Brecilian Forest, Dalish Camp
Kaitlyn - Redcliffe Villiage, Chantry
Bella - Redcliffe Villiage, Tavern
Guard - Fort Drakon, Prison Cell
Anora - Arl Eamon's Estate, Her Room
Desire Demon - Redcliffe Castle/Fade
*Note: the Desire Demon will not effect your party members negatively*

YouTube- Dragon Age Origins - Sex Scene - Demon [Mini-Spoiler]
Video by RiCHC3

Darth Odan
11-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Q. Is it possible to have romances with all 4 main characters in 1 playthrough?
A. Yes and No. You can definitely get 3 with the exception of Alistair or Morrigan depending on if you are a male or female. It is possible however to initiate a foursome if you have high affection with each character, have been romantically involved with at least one of them and make sure they arent jealous. It is pretty difficult to pull off so you may want to just start a new playthrough to get the last person you need.

What? Really?

MasterJon08
11-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the guide

Xirix
11-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Nice guide, could you possibly detail what kind of items you can get from the various romances as well?

If there's some particulary good items I want to know who I should be hooking up with.

Guilty Trace
11-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Alistair is the man.

SupremeRapier
11-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Nice guide, could you possibly detail what kind of items you can get from the various romances as well?

If there's some particulary good items I want to know who I should be hooking up with.
I'm currently still working on finding out all the obtainable items, so far I know you can get a ring from Morrigan that has +2 willpower, once I find out the rest I'll add it to the guide

SupremeRapier
11-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Alright, I've been experimenting with breaking up with certain characters in order to receive the other gifts. Can anyone confirm if ending things with certain characters will effect the outcome later on in the story?

Also are you able to get back together with characters you break up with? I've been trying certain dialogs but if anyone else has tested this out that would be great.

Mancerelectro
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I can confirm that you indeed can NOT get hopeless romantic through a 3 or 4 way with Isabella. I just tried, had Zev in my party, and I did not unlock his romance achievement. So this game does require you to make at least one guy character and 1 girl character to follow all possible romances. Yes, I did choose to allow Zev to join us. I do suggest doing this at least once, the end dialog is hilarious. :P

SupremeRapier
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I can confirm that you indeed can NOT get hopeless romantic through a 3 or 4 way with Isabella. I just tried, had Zev in my party, and I did not unlock his romance achievement. So this game does require you to make at least one guy character and 1 girl character to follow all possible romances. Yes, I did choose to allow Zev to join us. I do suggest doing this at least once, the end dialog is hilarious. :P
aww that sucks, it would have been a nice way to get them all done at once lol

RhiN85
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
you might want to note that Zevran *SPOILER* can turn on you during the game *END SPOILER* (sorry, don't know how to use the hide spoilers thingy!). Annoyingly I hadn't been able to romance him before this point, so will have to get him on another play though.

SupremeRapier
11-12-2009, 11:05 PM
you might want to note that Zevran *SPOILER* can turn on you during the game *END SPOILER* (sorry, don't know how to use the hide spoilers thingy!). Annoyingly I hadn't been able to romance him before this point, so will have to get him on another play though.
Turn on you how exactly? If its by certain dialog options I'm pretty sure everyone in your party has the potential to leave or turn on you depending on the choices you make.

Mancerelectro
11-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Actually, there are certain things you can do to make characters turn on you. As a matter of fact, while picking up a recent achievement, I got jumped by 2 of my characters on the spot for what I did. :P

SupremeRapier
11-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Actually, there are certain things you can do to make characters turn on you. As a matter of fact, while picking up a recent achievement, I got jumped by 2 of my characters on the spot for what I did. :P
pouring blood into the ashes? lol

T i o u Z
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
thanx for this, just done alistair. i need zevran to fuck me now ... no homo

Raging Valkyire
11-13-2009, 11:58 PM
so i got Leliana up 2 100% on her like/dislike bar and i havent gotten any cutscene about assassians attacking me yet. i slept woth morrigan and the elf and am trying 2 get her now. any suggestions

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
so i got Leliana up 2 100% on her like/dislike bar and i havent gotten any cutscene about assassians attacking me yet. i slept woth morrigan and the elf and am trying 2 get her now. any suggestions
did you just give her gifts? you need to go through all of her dialog except telling her to leave, then exit and re-enter the camp to get her to talk about her mentor

MasterJon08
11-14-2009, 12:31 AM
did you just give her gifts? you need to go through all of her dialog except telling her to leave, then exit and re-enter the camp to get her to talk about her mentor

I didn't do a lot of dialogue for her and it let me do the mentor thing.

I didn't do the Orlesian spies one, the one with stars, or the one where she sings to me. We weren't even romancing and I thought I messed up the romance line somewhere.

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 01:02 AM
I didn't do a lot of dialogue for her and it let me do the mentor thing.

I didn't do the Orlesian spies one, the one with stars, or the one where she sings to me. We weren't even romancing and I thought I messed up the romance line somewhere.
After she talks to you about once being a spy travel to a random area and you should get ambushed by spies, afterwards head to Denerim.

I never had Leliana sing to me either as far as I know and have done all her quests

MasterJon08
11-14-2009, 03:44 AM
After she talks to you about once being a spy travel to a random area and you should get ambushed by spies, afterwards head to Denerim.

I never had Leliana sing to me either as far as I know and have done all her quests

I've already got the achievement with her, I was just pointing out that there was a lot of stuff I didn't talk to her about and it didn't seem to matter

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 07:26 AM
morrigan is an easy lover imo
zevran is also a easy lover (well when I was a dude he was,now that i'm a lady he dont try to flirt with me,gaylord)
Alistair is pretty easy if you make jokes with himand give him gifts.
leliana was the hardest imo

WarGod3
11-14-2009, 07:30 AM
nice guide dude

Raging Valkyire
11-14-2009, 10:03 AM
i did everything pertaining to her dialog and gave her every gift i could and didnt see anything about a spy mission and ive been in and out of the camp many tmes now. I slept with morrigan and zavren and dont remember getting jumped by anyone in a road fight. so i think on my final playthrough i will get the alistair and leliana achievements. curious tho about the all playthrough achievements. seeing as i cant do anything else in my 1st playthrough except get the all endings achievement from which i read a post on the forum already that you need to save before the landsmeet then redo the game 3 more times inorder to unlock that achievement, so is that correct and then also how does the all romance achievement pop if you start a new game. cuz im gonna start a new game with a different player so will i then get 3 achievements, 1 seperate being the alistair romance one and 2 when i sleep with leliana the which would also supposedly unlock the hopelessly romantic achievement which is the "across all playthroughs, expierenced all possible romances". so am i correct about how this workd even if i start a new game

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm an rogue elf woman i got 80% love with zevran and he dont give me fuck options. He's the only one that I'm missing and then I can do my last ending. FUCKIN ZEVRAN

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
To Raging Valkyire:
Your romances will count towards all playthroughs so you could technically do 4 playthroughs having had 1 romance per playthrough and still get the achievement.

Another thing, Leliana gets incredibly jealous, so if you haven't been using her or been with the other 2 more then shes not gonna care much for you lol

To Tiouz:
Try giving Zevran his leather boots, you'll get like a +17 out of him lol And always hint about sex when your chatting him up, he loves that @.@

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I gaved the gloves and the boots. But I just cant talk to him anymore. I'll try to use him everywhere and maybe he will alk to me

Draken Zero
11-14-2009, 01:30 PM
You can also get it on with the elf in the dalish camp (the redhead girl).

"I was just sampling the goods." - Laughed my ass off. lol

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Fuck zevran he's working on my nerves

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Finally done ! I had to upload an old save :P

Raging Valkyire
11-14-2009, 06:21 PM
my party always consisted of leliana wynne and shale and i only used morrigan in the beginning until i got wynne, so yea shes been with me from the beginning. i guess on my next playthrough ill just do it instead of killin myself and tryin on the playthrough im on now. thanx tho 4 the tips

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Heres what I've done, and its worked for me through all 6 of my playthroughs, first finish everything in Lothering, then go to the camp, and chat up Morrigan and give her 1-4 gifts depending on how well you answered her questions then you should be able to sleep with her right there.

After that chat up Leliana and pretty much give her the rest of your gifts then leave camp and head to Denerim and scavenge for gifts and give them to her, then go to the docks and on the way you should get ambushed by the traveling dwarf who sells 3 more gifts, pick up the gift at the dock, then the one from the quartermaster in the circle of magi tower. Then head back to camp and you should get her personal quest, do that then come back and talk to her, convince her that she did the right thing and that she should be herself, then exit and head to some random place just to "zone" and then go back to camp and talk to her. If she still wont sleep with you by then then give her any extra gifts and you should have her.

Finally, Beat the Tower of Magi mission and travel someplace, (Denerim seems to be the safest) and you should get ambushed by Zevran, recruit him then go straight to camp, chat him up, you should be getting +13s-+17s with him, flirt with him constantly and you should be able to sleep with him within 15 minutes lol

As far as Alistair goes, I've only slept with him once on my female character and I pretty much just used the same strategy that I used with Leliana.

It seems like if you can romance all 3 of them all around the same time that none of them will get jealous until later on in the game. So for those having trouble this is probably the reason since the game makes anyone who has high affection with you fall in love with you. Like you'll never hear Leliana or Morrigan say that they love you if you do them right after Lothering, but after Ozammar they bring it up all the time and nothing would have changed much affectionwise.

ShawnOfTheDeadz
11-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice guide, but im still having issues! I've completed all of the other characters, and now im stuck on Leliana and i dont understand why the romance option isn't coming up?

I am 100% with here, as my bar is in the bright white.
I completed both her quests, we let her mentor live, and i also got her a pet nug!
I've even gotten as far to a cinematic of her singing her song. After all that, when i talk to her after continuously returning to the campsite are her stories.
The point im currently at in the story is when you first at the dwarf city! I've completed all the other recruiting missions.

Hopefully you guys can help me out, and hopefully i wont have to start a new playthrough! Since this is my fourth :P

SupremeRapier
11-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Nice guide, but im still having issues! I've completed all of the other characters, and now im stuck on Leliana and i dont understand why the romance option isn't coming up?

I am 100% with here, as my bar is in the bright white.
I completed both her quests, we let her mentor live, and i also got her a pet nug!
I've even gotten as far to a cinematic of her singing her song. After all that, when i talk to her after continuously returning to the campsite are her stories.
The point im currently at in the story is when you first at the dwarf city! I've completed all the other recruiting missions.

Hopefully you guys can help me out, and hopefully i wont have to start a new playthrough! Since this is my fourth :P
did you ever "end it" with her in order to get with someone else? because depending which option you chose could void having a romance with her

ShawnOfTheDeadz
11-15-2009, 02:40 AM
did you ever "end it" with her in order to get with someone else? because depending which option you chose could void having a romance with her

I thought this might of been the problem on an earlier playthrough, so i made sure on this playthrough i was in no other releationship, or even got into one. I only focused on Liliana. Its strange why it isn't working and i have no idea why!

Edit: I Figured it out, finally! In order to get into a romance with Leliana you must reply to one her conversation correctly. This conversation can be aquired at about 50% + and once you have accomplished that, you must get her up to 100% in order to bed her. When she offers to bed you, if you miss that oppourtunity you cannot get it again. Also, if you miss the conversation to romance her by incorrectly replying properly you have forfit the chance to bed her I believe.

thebarkingdog
11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
SPOILER AHOY!

Worth throwing out there: There's a plot-driven time you can sleep with Morrigan, and that does NOT count toward the romance achievement. I took the option hoping for the achievement even though it didn't fit my character from a roleplaying perspective, and was bummed when it didn't unlock.

END SPOILER

SupremeRapier
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
SPOILER AHOY!

Worth throwing out there: There's a plot-driven time you can sleep with Morrigan, and that does NOT count toward the romance achievement. I took the option hoping for the achievement even though it didn't fit my character from a roleplaying perspective, and was bummed when it didn't unlock.

END SPOILER
are you talking about one of the endings?

ShawnOfTheDeadz
11-16-2009, 12:20 AM
are you talking about one of the endings?

Yah hes talking about one of the endings. I also was a little bummed when nothing unlocked!!!
Also, This ending Does give you an achievement, you just have to finish the game first and one of the secret achievements will unlock.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 04:22 AM
yeah the Morrigan ending wont count towards the romance achievement

Devil Sora
11-16-2009, 04:33 AM
ah so Leliana is a jealous bitch! lol. . . ok. . . ok so I fucked that one up. . . my bad, looks like on my female playthrough I'll hook up with Leliana and then TRY and hook up with Zevran.

Banana of Doom
11-16-2009, 05:33 AM
No idea what I did correctly, but I managed to get a romance with Morrigan the very first time I went to party camp, immediately after Lothering. I guess I chose every correct dialog option and gave her the right gifts..?

No idea, but I'm happy getting that so early.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 05:59 AM
yeah shes not too hard, I'd say leliana is the hardest, just remember to always answer "I didnt mean to hurt you both" lol

WarGod3
11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Bump .

Parallax Demon
11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
For the Leliana quest is there a difference in the affectionpoints you receive for either killing her former master or letting her live?
I let her live and only got +6 affection in the camp for it. I have a save one second before entering the room so I can go back if this grants me more points, but it really is a tough fight in such a cramped space with only one meleefighter in your party.
Only bad thing will be then that I have to go through all of that jealous behavior of her once again :(

Grummy
11-19-2009, 09:24 AM
OK, I'm right at the end of the game, have a save just before the rooftop with the Archdemon, a Save in Redcliffe and A save right before the landsmeet. I had Alistair all luvvied up to get him to sacrifice himself, but now I want to drop that so I can sacrifice myself. Will itbe enough to just end the relationship with him, or do I need to drop his affection level down as well? If I have to drop his affection down too, does anyoe know of an sure fire ways to get it to work? Right before the landsmeet, I've tried splitting up with him, and that doesn't lower his affection for some reason, and I have no quests or anything left to do, so noone to offend or anything to make him dislike me. Any ideas at all?

SupremeRapier
11-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Parallax Demon (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=111535)

No it doesnt matter if you choose to kill her mentor or not

Grummy (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=15610)

you should be able to sacrifice yourself no matter what your affection is with Alistair

Jeek x
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I Figured it out, finally! In order to get into a romance with Leliana you must reply to one her conversation correctly. This conversation can be aquired at about 50% + and once you have accomplished that, you must get her up to 100% in order to bed her. When she offers to bed you, if you miss that oppourtunity you cannot get it again. Also, if you miss the conversation to romance her by incorrectly replying properly you have forfit the chance to bed her I believe.

Can anyone else confirm that replying to one of her conversations incorrectly ruins the possibility of romancing her even if you havent slept with anyone else and get her up to 100%

SupremeRapier
11-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Can anyone else confirm that replying to one of her conversations incorrectly ruins the possibility of romancing her even if you havent slept with anyone else and get her up to 100%
well yeah, if you tell her to leave that will ruin it lol, if your mean to her that will too, if she notices that you've been talking with someone else a lot and you answer wrong she wont want to be with you, so it all depends on how you treat her really.

Kankui
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I can not seem to get Leliana to talk to me about a Nug in Orzammar ... I even went to Dust Town, but still no convo.. Yes she is 100% and i have talked with her about everything I could possibly do! Hrm.. I will keep looking around I guess!

Mr Foxhound
11-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Good guide, thanks for the info :)

SupremeRapier
11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I can not seem to get Leliana to talk to me about a Nug in Orzammar ... I even went to Dust Town, but still no convo.. Yes she is 100% and i have talked with her about everything I could possibly do! Hrm.. I will keep looking around I guess!
If I remember right, she doesnt actually call them nugs, just something like "cute little pink pig things" or something like that lol and she doesnt actually ask you to buy one just says that she'd like to have one someday, so my advice is to try talking to the dwarf who sells you one just to see if he will and if not then double check to make sure you did her other quests.

Trash Man
11-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm having trouble starting Alistair's quest for his sister. I've taken him to Denerim and spent a lot of time there with no luck, is there anything else I should be doing?

SupremeRapier
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm having trouble starting Alistair's quest for his sister. I've taken him to Denerim and spent a lot of time there with no luck, is there anything else I should be doing?
have you done the Redcliffe mission yet?

Kankui
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
If I remember right, she doesnt actually call them nugs, just something like "cute little pink pig things" or something like that lol and she doesnt actually ask you to buy one just says that she'd like to have one someday, so my advice is to try talking to the dwarf who sells you one just to see if he will and if not then double check to make sure you did her other quests.
Maybe I have to complete Orzammar first... I am out of town since its Thanksgiving weekend... I will be back later and play tomorrow! I am almost finished with Orzammar, or at least, I think I am! Maybe it will work out then :) Thanks SupremeRapier for trying to assist me

SupremeRapier
11-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe I have to complete Orzammar first... I am out of town since its Thanksgiving weekend... I will be back later and play tomorrow! I am almost finished with Orzammar, or at least, I think I am! Maybe it will work out then :) Thanks SupremeRapier for trying to assist me
no problem at all lol when I got the option it was right before I went into the Deep Roads if that helps at all.

Mandalorian63
11-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Crap, I just told Morrigan that she's "quite right" about love being stupid or whatever, and im in between the white and yellow bars, will i not be able to romance her now?

Kankui
11-29-2009, 06:03 PM
no problem at all lol when I got the option it was right before I went into the Deep Roads if that helps at all. So after I completed Orzammar, and gave the new king *cough* an "item" I still was NOT able to hook up with Leliana. I guess I will have to try to do that on my next play through... sigh and after we talked about loving shoes when I hate them too! I guess I will just focus on Morrigan now...

Jadedcherub420
11-30-2009, 02:59 AM
On my second playthrough, and i had trouble getting leli to swing my way the first time, so i started with her. I have done all her sidequests, never asked her to leave, and the only option i get is convos about ministreling.... IDK what to do =s

BIGbivvie
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM
this game has so much depth with things like this, its awesome...

Trash Man
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I've started a new game purely to romance Morrigan.

What would be the fastest way to do this?

Parallax Demon
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM

Ask her about her mother and living in the forest. Play a bad dude, she likes that. Don't ever ask her why she's still with you and when she's about 70 -75% do the Mages quest and get the book. After that she's yours.
And in general: save before every conversation!

S1N1ST3R II X17
12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm confused about the Hopelessly Romantic achievement, am I understanding this correctly?

Everytime you do a play through you have to Romance everyone? To get this?

XxHektikxX
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM
no the way i understand it is that u need to romance all four across ALL ur playthroughs. So if in one u romanced Morrigan and Zevran, like i did, then when u play again and u romance Leilane and Allistair, it should unlock

Ferocious
12-10-2009, 05:42 AM

You need to initiate that convo with her. Have her in your party, and when in Orzammar, talk to her. I'm not sure if it matters what point or not, but on each of my playthroughs, that's how I went about it.

She starts off by saying about how grand Orzammar is and then say something like "oh and did you see those adorable little bunny pigs" or something along those lines.. after that, you can go straight to the idle dwarf in dusttown, ask him about one, tell him u want one for a pet, and so on.... leave dusttown, go back and he should be there waiting with it, don't actually stand there... go back to orzammar commons and then back into dust town.

Ferocious
12-10-2009, 05:57 AM

The fastest way is to ensure you make saves before speaking with her, be a badass... when in lothering, remove her from your party if you plan to have the overpriced bully merchant lower his prices, because she doesn't like that... also have her in your party when you talk to sten, then when you go to release him intimidate the "mother" in the chantry LOL... don't have anyone in your party except for morrigan or you will A LOT of negatives if you plan on finishing this game out after romancing morrigan.

Any gifts you can get, get. Have your dog search around lothering where the spot for mabari dominance is out in the fields by the tree... if he keeps searching he will keep bringing back gifts. Even if it's eaten cake or dirty pantaloons she will like it, as would anyone that early in the game. He should bring back several gifts including a pretty good staff for a mage that early on called "Piece of Wood", that will come in helpful for your mages until you start getting to the high end stuff later in the game.

Once in camp, make a save before speaking with her.... do one line at a time, then wrap up the convo. See how many points you got, if you're not happy.. retry it. Rinse and repeat and as someone else said, don't ask her why she's still with u, there's no good way out of that one and it will result in negative rep. U can romance her right then and there if u do it properly.

I didn't find romance that difficult in this game, you just need to save before going back to camp (in case you are forced into convo) and save before speaking to whomever you're trying to romance. Leliana takes work yes, but I had her romanced on my most recent playthrough before finishing ANY major quests.... including before helping redcliffe, the magi circle, etc.... before all of that. I just spoke with her a lot, gave her what gifts I could, went and bought/found gifts to give her when I had nothing else to talk to her about, then returned and tried talking to her some more. After you ask about her past, and she says she's "revealed too much", leave camp.. go somewhere, then go back to camp, she should auto-initiate a convo with u telling u the truth, then talk to her as much as possible... travel, get ambushed, go and do her sidequest in denerim after.. talk to her again back at camp, if u have nothing left to talk about... leave camp and then return again... u should be able to romance her around then. I have so many andraste gifts that I haven't given her and she's already at 100 on my latest playthrough. Also, make sure not to be in a relationship with anyone at that time, or else if u are and u tell her ur gonna break it off, ull lose some rep with her.

Also, if you do go to redcliffe.. there's an andraste flower to the right of the windmill if you're looking at it's entrance that clearly says "Windmill" when u get close to the door. You wont need to get that far if you play your cards right up until then, but just in case there's a quick good gift to give to her.

Mibuwolf57
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
First, just want to thank SupremeRapier for an awesome guide.
I almost gave up on Leliana.

As for Morrigan, romance with her was pretty easy.
By the time I left Lotherain, my approval rating with here was at 75%.
i didn't even have to get to the grimoires.

Conversation-wise, I had a headstart with her in Flemeth's Hut, whereby I had thanked her for her help.

in all conversation with her, never judged her and kept an open mind.
And never get sappy either.

After taking out the bandits at the bridge, got big approval points for asking her opinion on what we should do for the mission.

Sided with the greedy merchant in Lotherain over the Chantry Cleric.

Acquired the Golden Rope Necklace from Barlin, and gifted to Morrigan.

Asked about her mother, her childhood and sympathized with her about her incident with the golden mirror.

By the time you leave Lotherain and have the first opportunity to make camp, you should be at 75%.

Then head over directly to Orzammar, acquire the golden mirror from one of the Dwarven merchants, run back to camp.

gift her the mirror, asking nothing in return.

next time you speak with her, she'll invite you to her tent.

Took all of under 3 hours from character creation to that point.

xCobalt
12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Any tips on how to romance Alistair as soon as possible?

I was thinking to try and duplicate a gift but I think the problem may be to try and find two gifts to start the process.

FK xCarnage
12-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Great guide, do you think you could add a bit on how to marry Alistair and become Queen or marry Anora and become King?

spearmintg
12-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Very good guide!

Just wondering though, if you could give more information on what will happen when you choose whether to kill the romancers enemy or let them live.
Mainly because I'm finding the Flemeth and Marjorlaine fights absolutely impossible!!!
Does it affect any of the gameplay by letting them live?

MelangeAddict
12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the guide, just got the game so now I know what I have to do to romance Zevran and Morrigan. I seem to be doing decent with Leilana, but perhaps that is because I am being a good guy. I might not be able to get Morrigan but who knows.

Trash Man
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the guide, just got the game so now I know what I have to do to romance Zevran and Morrigan. I seem to be doing decent with Leilana, but perhaps that is because I am being a good guy. I might not be able to get Morrigan but who knows.

Morrigan is rather easy, do her quest and give her a couple of gifts if needed and you should be able to get her in the same playthrough without any problems.

MelangeAddict
12-29-2009, 11:47 PM
cool. Maybe I'll woo Leilana into bed first then travel a bit with Morrigan to get into her robes. Im sure she's "Wild" :p

MelangeAddict
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks to the guide I've managed to have some man on elf loving. I've given Morrigan a dusty book and a mirror she remembers from childhood which I think will get me something when we get back to camp. I also am pretty high up there with Leilana so now i just have to find that Nug.

MelangeAddict
01-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Okay, I've managed to get Leilana up to 100%, did her personal quest, and got her a pet nug. The only conversation I can talk to her is about being a minstrel. Am I missing something?

edit: Well, looks like my second playthrough will have to be where i try to bed Leilana at the same time as Allister.
I couldn't get Leilana so I decided to bang Morrigan nightly instead. Who can blame me?

a blind beggar
01-04-2010, 10:56 PM
i did lelianas quests and she's at 100%,though i can't f**k her.why the hell not?is it because i only dumped morrigan and zevran during my time romancing her?

also,if there's no way to do it now,is there any way i can kill her?i really really want to

TsarBlandi
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
ffs im having the worst time trying to romance morrigan, im about 85%, wont work, then i bring a down a peg by insulting her or something to get it -10, leave camp and try again, and still nothing

Do i NEED to get that mirror or NEED to do that Flemeth quest? coz in this playthrough im after sacrificing yourself deal

Method
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
ffs im having the worst time trying to romance morrigan, im about 85%, wont work, then i bring a down a peg by insulting her or something to get it -10, leave camp and try again, and still nothing

Do i NEED to get that mirror or NEED to do that Flemeth quest? coz in this playthrough im after sacrificing yourself deal Not sure why everyone's having so much trouble bedding Morrigan. Go here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197202

Look at the thread linked under Witch Gone Wild. With a new character entering the party camp for the first time, you can bed Morrigan in about 5 minutes.

TsarBlandi
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Not sure why everyone's having so much trouble bedding Morrigan. Go here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2671453#post2671453

Look at the thread linked under Witch Gone Wild. With a new character entering the party camp for the first time, you can bed morrigan in about 5 minutes.

i got a link to Mad Moxxis achievement guide from borderlands?

TsarBlandi
01-06-2010, 01:25 PM
right ive just got morrigan done and out of the way and spent the last couple of hours getting lelianas loyalty up, im at 95%, she hasnt kissed me or anything, i still have the original dialouge from the beginning, nothing new.

Ive done the one where you talk to her about her vision and then i left the one about why she was in fereldan because i kept getting +1 and still looking for a way to get slightly more. She hasnt kissed me either, i got the flower and showered he with gifts making sure i leave and re-enter the camp each time to give her a new gift so i wouldnt over shoot it. Any Help?

Also how do i get her the pet nug? when i talk to the guy in dust town the option i have is to just leave

MelangeAddict
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
To get the pet Nug, go to Orzammar with Leilana and talk to her. She will comment about how grand Orzammar is and how cute those rabbit ear rodents are. Talk to the idle dwarf, settle on the price and he will go get one for you. Exit Dust Town. Enter Dust Town. Idle Dwarf will give you Nug, I gave him more money so he could buy a warm blanket to sleep in. Give Leilana Nug. Hope she repays with oral favors.

sephyradoom
02-13-2010, 03:33 AM
K slept with everyone got all ther acheivements but not the overall one then again i deleted my update to get the reqruiter... now i dont know what i have to do to get it do i have to play though twice n sleep with everyone again or what ... download both patches again? neone else get hosed like me

Natetendo83
02-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I can't for my life get Liliana. I got her the Nug but her personal quest isn't ever popping up. I got her the flower and everything but nothing after that.

Trevelyan
02-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Came here to share my advice for Lilianas personal quest that MAY help you, Natetendo83.

I spent a lot of the game not visiting my personal camp. I then realised that each trip back got me a new quest, from each character (the cutscene at the beginning of your arrival at the camp)

If you've only been once or twice, keep going until you can't get any more quests for your party members. Took me about 3 or 4 goes until I got Liliana's, when I was already very friendly with her and had a high rating (and had already talked about everything).

Hope it helps!

Natetendo83
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I've actually tried all that, but thanks for the advice. I can't get new dialogue options, and the encounter just won't happen. I gave up and went on to start the final sequences of the game and get those achievements.

TemporalWizard
03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I was never able to get Liliana to come around either, but I had already been with Zevran and Morrigan before I started romancing her so she was kinda pissed about that and that might have sunk me with her.

warshark
03-06-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197202 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2671453#post2671453)

Cheers. The link in that guide helped a bit. I found Morrigan the hardest out of the 3 i've done so far. Now i've only got Allistair to do but i'll have to wait for my female elf mage playthrough for that.

MinginMate
03-08-2010, 09:38 AM
good guide couldnt get get them all done for some reason

helps alot

Mr Celtwii
03-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks helped me out a lot, just got one more to do :mad:

francisrossi
03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
How To Engage in a Threeway/Fourway

So far this seems to be the only way I have been able to initiate a threesome. This will not unlock the Thrill Of Romance and Hopelessly Romantic achievements but is still worth watching :D

*Thanks goes to Mancerelectro for confirming this*

How to Start

First you need max persuasive skill and high affection with each character you are trying to romance with and put them in your party. Then go to Denerim and enter the Pearl. Speak to Isabela and flirt with her, when she asks you to play a game with her use the persuade option instead. This should trigger your characters to speak out. convince them to join and you'll have your threeway/fourway :woop:

Note: As far as I know this particular option will only work so long as you have never talked to Isabela before in your current game.

Here is a video moarinternets posted on youtube to show how its done.

YouTube- Dragon Age: Origins - Isabela Threesome with Alistair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hkf2VM_CvU)

Some Fun Facts About NPC Romances

While not totally related, they do add to much of the humor in the game. Some NPCs will reward you with various goodies if you choose to romance them. Also this is a great way to get your persuasive points up for the Silver Tongue achievement.

Use this as an alternative to "breaking up" with one of your main characters so that you can move on to the next to get another Thrill of Romance achievement. If you bring along one of your characters and they see you smooching another girl you'll definitely get a -10-20% with them. The good side however is that they will never confront you with that and they will lose any grudge they had for your other romances for the time being.

Currently Known NPCs You Can Romance With

Isabela - Denerim, Pearl
Gheyna - Brecilian Forest, Dalish Camp
Kaitlyn - Redcliffe Villiage, Chantry
Bella - Redcliffe Villiage, Tavern
Guard - Fort Drakon, Prison Cell
Anora - Arl Eamon's Estate, Her Room
Desire Demon - Redcliffe Castle/Fade
*Note: the Desire Demon will not effect your party members negatively*

YouTube- Dragon Age Origins - Sex Scene - Demon [Mini-Spoiler] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juN7IVSoU4M)
Video by RiCHC3

This is what I've been looking to do. Not gonna be easy though.

NinthAbsynth
03-26-2010, 01:23 AM
K so I have all the romance acheivments except the hopelessly romantic one WTF is the problem? Please help!!

Lord Terentius
03-29-2010, 10:42 PM
A very good guide overall.

Hardest (and subsequently longest) for me was Alistair. Took loads of conversation topics to win his approval. Managed to sort him out once he hit 90%.

Of note, the option to sleep with him can come up at 70%... wait until 90% otherwise you run the risk of dropping his approval by as much as -20% if you're not careful and try to force it.

As for the lovely Morrigan... I bedded her in camp faster than you can say:
"Stop your grinning and drop your linen!" :woop:

francisrossi
03-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Alistair took a while for me too. Morrigan I had by first camp :)

DoomsdaySpecter
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
im having major difficulty with leliana... i have done evrything in the posts and the guide and she still wont kiss my character(im playing as a female mage) i started with her romance, got bored of waiting and slept with zevran and alistair. leliana is still at 100% of liking me but no new conversation options have opened. i have done all of leliana's quests and bought her the damn nug. any ideas/ help?

francisrossi
04-01-2010, 10:41 PM
im having major difficulty with leliana... i have done evrything in the posts and the guide and she still wont kiss my character(im playing as a female mage) i started with her romance, got bored of waiting and slept with zevran and alistair. leliana is still at 100% of liking me but no new conversation options have opened. i have done all of leliana's quests and bought her the damn nug. any ideas/ help?

You probably won't get her. I tried the same thing on my last playthrough (female mage, Zevran and Alistair), and didn't get a hint of action from her.

TemporalWizard
04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Interesting, I was a female elf mage on the playthrough when I got her, but I had made sure not to be involved with anyone else before I got her.

Your situation sounds like my first playthrough I was a male warrior and had done Zevran and Morrigan previous to trying for her. I was never able to get her on that play through, eventually there were just no more new dialog options.

francisrossi
04-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Interesting, I was a female elf mage on the playthrough when I got her, but I had made sure not to be involved with anyone else before I got her.

Your situation sounds like my first playthrough I was a male warrior and had done Zevran and Morrigan previous to trying for her. I was never able to get her on that play through, eventually there were just no more new dialog options.

My first playthrough I had Morrigan and then Leliana, but not Zevran. I guess she doesn't like too much bed-hopping.

DoomsdaySpecter
04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
thing is though, i went strictly after her first. i hit every compliment, every support option for her, and i still hit rock bottom. so then i went after ther other 2 when no more options came up. i did main quests and side quests for hours and still no options so i gave up. why is she so damn hard to get?

Cossack William
04-02-2010, 10:28 PM
In a similar situation, I'm a female elf mage, on my second playthrough. Can't get Leliana to sleep with me, did her personal quest, bought her the nug, and still nothing. I leave and return to camp, but still have the same dialogue about her traveling stories. Haven't romanced anybody this playthrough. She is a 100% but still nothing. Can anyone offer advice?

Metaraon
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
In a similar situation, I'm a female elf mage, on my second playthrough. Can't get Leliana to sleep with me, did her personal quest, bought her the nug, and still nothing. I leave and return to camp, but still have the same dialogue about her traveling stories. Haven't romanced anybody this playthrough. She is a 100% but still nothing. Can anyone offer advice?

dude im having the exact same problem, im about to say screw it. I been dancing around this bitch all day and im close to the end so i might just start a whole new playthrough with a male character.

Pialouize
04-03-2010, 11:00 AM
When I got the romance with Leliana.
I first got the meter up to 100% with her. And then after that I did her personal quest in Denerim. And I also got Morrigans romance in the same playthrough. I had to convince Leliana nothing happend hehe.

Other than that, no problem!

Metaraon
04-03-2010, 05:29 PM
When I got the romance with Leliana.
I first got the meter up to 100% with her. And then after that I did her personal quest in Denerim. And I also got Morrigans romance in the same playthrough. I had to convince Leliana nothing happend hehe.

Other than that, no problem!

I started a new playthrough so ill try that lol thx

Venguard
04-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I am finding it REALLY difficult to Romance with Leliana. I have her likeness bar up to 100. I used the glitch in Haven to get it to 100. I have been going in and out of the camp, but nothing has happened. I used all the Dialog options until now, and still nothing...

Pialouize
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Have you done her personal quest?
Beacuse you need to do her quest first, after that you can sleep wit her. (if the meter is 100%)

Venguard
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
edit: I have just gotten into leliana's pants

trooper11
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey great guide in this thread. Ive been looking everywhere for a good guide to romances.

The issue im having is trying to have both morrigan and leliana romanced at the same time.

It sounds like that is possible from reading the guide and responses here, but im having trouble making it happen.

Ive been playing around with a number of scenarios, but so far its not giving me what i want.

My most recent save that I start with is after i have romanced and slept with morrigan. At this point, Leliana's approval is below 50 slightly because i havent done much talking or giving her any gifts. In the game itself, ive only completed lothering, the circle tower, slate dlc, and warden dlc quests, sitting now in camp.

i had enough gifts to get her approval over 50, then her first jeaousy dialog comes up and i choose to tell her i was with morrigan instead of lieing. then i got her approval up high enough to start the romance dialog with her. I finish that off with a kiss and then try to talk to her again. Now she demands i choose and i choose morrigan. At this point, her approval is still above 50, somewhere between 60-70 id say.

then i leave camp just so that i can head right back into camp and she initiates a dialog about how happy she is for me and morrigan. after that, i see no other dialogs relating to the relationship, so i assume at that point, its cut off.

now i can go to denerim to do her personal quest, and then i went to orzammar just to get the cute nug gift for her along with a couple other gifts. after those two things, i go back to camp. I talk to her about her personal quest, choose to harden her, then give her the gifts i picked up, raising her approval to 100%. But when i try to talk to her again, there is nothing to restart the romance.

So, my idea was that i would need to trigger Leliana's jealousy dialogs, choose morrigan, and then just restart the romance. can that be done? do i need to get her approval down to something after breaking it off in order to restart it? And is there any specific dialog options when breaking it off with her that i must choose in order to restart it?

trooper11
04-21-2010, 02:57 AM
anyone have any experience pulling off the morrigan and leliana romances by restarting the one you drop?

Qu33n Embla
04-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I romanced Zevran, Alistair and Leliana in one playthrough as a female rogue. Leliana took the longest time to get, but i had to break up with Alistair to make her sleep with me.

Ozbaab
05-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks, I'll use this!

Don Pedro X
06-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Im pretty sure I managed to do at least 4 different people in one play through (including an NPC) lol

dragonpwnr99
06-21-2010, 04:48 AM
ok i am willing to do it legit but i ampretty lazy.. so does anyone kno of a glitch that will help unlock the romance glitches faster than nornal .. if not ill just end up doin em legit

Envious Eclipse
06-27-2010, 05:52 AM
I didn't see this anywhere but if you buy the feastday gifts you can get your entire party to 100 in a matter of seconds.. Helps a lot when you want to get laid haha.

CatieCat101
07-02-2010, 05:07 PM
i did everything pertaining to her dialog and gave her every gift i could and didnt see anything about a spy mission and ive been in and out of the camp many tmes now. I slept with morrigan and zavren and dont remember getting jumped by anyone in a road fight. so i think on my final playthrough i will get the alistair and leliana achievements. curious tho about the all playthrough achievements. seeing as i cant do anything else in my 1st playthrough except get the all endings achievement from which i read a post on the forum already that you need to save before the landsmeet then redo the game 3 more times inorder to unlock that achievement, so is that correct and then also how does the all romance achievement pop if you start a new game. cuz im gonna start a new game with a different player so will i then get 3 achievements, 1 seperate being the alistair romance one and 2 when i sleep with leliana the which would also supposedly unlock the hopelessly romantic achievement which is the "across all playthroughs, expierenced all possible romances". so am i correct about how this workd even if i start a new game
I've been having problems romancing Leliana too. I've read there is a glitch, which is why I've stopped playing the game for awhile. T_T

surreal_82
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
i have romanced them all, as a male i had leliana and morrigan, and as a female i had allistair and zevran, but i am not getting the hopelessly romantic cheevo pop, do i have to romance leliana and zevran as both male and female to get this to pop or should it have popped after i did the 4th romance, which was zevran, any help would be greatful as i am nearing my final few cheevos for this and dont wanna have just one left, nor do i want to do 4 individual playthroughs just for one cheevo lol

Please help!

Hmmm just checked bioware social site, odd thing is on there it shows all my cheevos apart from bedding leliana which i have def done, will try a new game just to bed her and see whtat happens, let u guys know in about 3-4 hours lol

circus1776
07-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Holy crap this is useful. I've been making a lot of blunders with Alistair, although I've gotten the other three throughout my playthroughs of this game. It's just Alistair that's deciding to be a prude :P Thanks for this!

FK xCarnage
07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Leliana is a pain to romance, I think you need to initiate the romance with a certain dialogue.

Leliana is a little difficult to start a relationship with. As a male talk
to her about her time in the cloister in camp and choose the following dialogue
options:

- "I'd like to talk."
- "What was someone like you doing in Lothering?"
- "You know, a beautiful charming woman like yourself."
- "Those initiates can't have been more lovely than you."
- Romance initiated

With an approval rating over 50 as a female character talk to her in camp and
she will say (only once), "I... have I ever told you I really like the way you
wear your hair?" Respond with the following dialogue options:

- "My hair? Thank-you."
- "Dear Maker!"
- "Well we are friends aren't we?"
- "And do you enjoy the company of other women?"
- "I think I might giggle and maybe look coy?"
- Romance initiated

Finish her personal quest with Marjolaine and talk to Leliana. She'll say, "I
know that look -- you have something on your mind don't you?" Respond with the
following dialogue options:

- "We need to talk."
- "Are you feeling better?"
- "Er, I think I see what you mean."
- "She was special to you wasn't she?"
- "I'm sorry it ended to badly."
- "Everyone changes unfortunately."
- "I can only hope to one day be as special as she was to you."
- Romance initiated

To get invited into her tent she must be in love with you, that means an
approval rating of 100. Talk to her in camp and continue being nice to her and
she will invite you in for a one-time event.

Source: Here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/920668-dragon-age-origins/faqs/58305)

jeffy x360a
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
does anyone have a step by step guide to getting the romance achieve with liliana. i am so confused by all the different dialogues. most of these posts like the one above mine here comes directly from the strategy guide its just reworded a bit. thanks for any help

ArmeniusLOD
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
You can try using the conversation guide on GameFAQs here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/950918-dragon-age-origins/faqs/58926).

The Watcher
09-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks i have been having so much trouble trying to get Wine, Woman, and Song (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dragon-age-origins/achievement/32930-Wine--Woman--and-Song.html) achievement and well i havenít tried to get First Knight (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dragon-age-origins/achievement/32927-First-Knight.html) but with this guide it should not be as hard as Leliana romance

Raider
09-21-2010, 03:03 PM
If anyone is having trouble with this get the gift pack dlc. You can raise each characters affection by 50 for free and buy thoughtful gifts to get them to 100% in seconds.

PinkFoxx
09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
What would be the best possible ending for a female warden and Alistair to live happily ever after at the end of DA? What dialouge options can be chosen?

newbsicle
11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I had some problems with Leliana. I had figure out the hard way that she only opens up depending on her likeness. If it stays low for too long you won't make any progress and if you raise it up too quickly you'll run out of dialogue.

On a side note: For whatever reason I imagined Sten watching Leliana and my mage make love. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the camera panned around and at the end Sten is just standing there with a blank stare on his face? Man I'm messed up.

BurningBlaze21
11-18-2010, 02:07 AM

Look at the thread linked under Witch Gone Wild. With a new character entering the party camp for the first time, you can bed Morrigan in about 5 minutes.

Agreed. Leliana was for sure harder cause you had to do A LOT more work to bed her. I bedded Morrigan my second visit to the party camp, siding with her at the Church in Lothering is a good start for her affection bar, travelling with her a lot helps too.

sledge
11-20-2010, 08:17 PM
First person I got was Leliana, wasn't very difficult if you agree with most of what she say's and give her quite amount of gifts. Alistair seems like the most difficult one compared to the other characters. But gifts do wonders with most of the characters regardless.

WarShenanigans
12-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Like everyone else, I am having an issue with Leliana. I am not running out of dialogue, but all she wants to talk about is her stories. and I cannot seem to get her cut scene to pop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jamieironmaiden
12-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Wow i managed to do this without using a guide or anything like that

surreal_82
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
finally got it had to do liliana again lol, finally all finished with it now too just in time for the sequel

Baihu1983
03-17-2011, 08:08 PM
So is it possible to break up with someone, get the with the others then get back with the first LI?

GalaxyRed13
03-19-2011, 04:22 PM

There are many things wrong with the "guide" listed on that Gamefaqs page for Morrigan's romance. Going to camp right after the Wilds being one of them (since you can't do that, no matter what you do), and if you read further, people are mentioning that most of the dialogue options give negative points instead of positives (or are missing more dialogue options, since the conversation goes further than what they mention).

TehGreyWolf
03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the guide.

RoninChaos
03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Gonna try some of the suggestions with Leiliana. I think I raised her too fast or something. I've gotten everybody else but her, and I've gotten no dialogue options besides her telling me stories and her telling me "I'm here for you" and random stuff. It's annoying.

francisrossi
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Gonna try some of the suggestions with Leiliana. I think I raised her too fast or something. I've gotten everybody else but her, and I've gotten no dialogue options besides her telling me stories and her telling me "I'm here for you" and random stuff. It's annoying.

I got her to 100% real quick with the Feastday packs on my last playthrough, only to find I needed her at about 70% (maybe lower) to progress. Had to prank her to lower it. No problem after that though.

Spanish Assault
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
First person I got was Leliana, wasn't very difficult if you agree with most of what she say's and give her quite amount of gifts. Alistair seems like the most difficult one compared to the other characters. But gifts do wonders with most of the characters regardless.

Like everyone else, I am having an issue with Leliana. I am not running out of dialogue, but all she wants to talk about is her stories. and I cannot seem to get her cut scene to pop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

finally got it had to do liliana again lol, finally all finished with it now too just in time for the sequel

I'm having issues with her...does it matter what part of the story you are in? Im at right before the final battle. I got her to 100% gone through all her stories and even have the option to break up with her....but she just wont pull down those panties....my warden is a female too...any ideas?

jrmtz85
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm having issues with her...does it matter what part of the story you are in? Im at right before the final battle. I got her to 100% gone through all her stories and even have the option to break up with her....but she just wont pull down those panties....my warden is a female too...any ideas?

Did you do her sidequest? For me she didn't give it up til after that. Also, how many gifts did you give her? If you overwhelm her with gifts you'll miss out on dialogue.

I managed to get her right after Lothering. I simply chatted her up until there was no more dialogue. Gave her the small +5 gifts one at a time til new dialogue opened up, then travelled somewhere and back to camp. I did this til I got her mission, and then again til she finally spread'em.

Spanish Assault
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Did you do her sidequest? For me she didn't give it up til after that. Also, how many gifts did you give her? If you overwhelm her with gifts you'll miss out on dialogue.

I managed to get her right after Lothering. I simply chatted her up until there was no more dialogue. Gave her the small +5 gifts one at a time til new dialogue opened up, then travelled somewhere and back to camp. I did this til I got her mission, and then again til she finally spread'em.
I think that is my issue. I gave her 15 cakes and it was right before the final battle...you cant travel anywhere but ratcliffe.

EDIT: On second play-through and got Morrirgan to sleep with me so easy. My question is how do I do the side quest for Liliana?

gtogsx
04-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm having trouble with Liliana also. I think I gave her gifts too early on and I'm at 100% with her. I've had the chance to kiss her but never got her side quest. I'm one main quest away til the end. So my only option is to break up with her and try talking with her? I'm currently out of dialogue with her. Not even sure if I have any gifts left...

Spanish Assault
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm having trouble with Liliana also. I think I gave her gifts too early on and I'm at 100% with her. I've had the chance to kiss her but never got her side quest. I'm one main quest away til the end. So my only option is to break up with her and try talking with her? I'm currently out of dialogue with her. Not even sure if I have any gifts left...
ok I got it...here is how:

If you have her at 100% (if you have the feastday pranks) buy enough coal to get her to about 70%. Then there will be a topic to talk about bards. Go through that dialogue and then travel (I went from denerium to Lothering) You''ll stop half way and fight some assassins. When you take out the leader, he ask you to spare him. Trade info on how to find the person who hired him for his life. Then travel back to denerium and hug the right side of the city. You'll see a door labeled assassins contact location or something like that. Go through that dialog and make sure you back Liliana (it doesn't matter weather you kill the person or not)

After that travel back to camp, and there will be new dialog. Go through that, then get her up to 100%. She'll say something about going to bed, ask if you can join her, then BAM....off come those panties.

gtogsx
04-05-2011, 12:17 AM

*Update

I actually got the achievement for Leliana today when I wasn't even going for it. I was at about 90% w/her and I was in a relationship w/Alistair. Then when I was at camp, she started conversing and starting talking about my relationship w/Alistair. I think I chose something like I didn't meant to hurt Leliana and she understood and got disapproved. Then I went somewhere, came back to camp and when I started talking to her, there was an option of the spies dialogue. Chose that, went off and back to camp and she started talking. That lead to her side quest. When I went to Brecilian forest or something, there was an encounter and they were attempting to murder Leliana, then you go finish her side quest in Denerim.

Like some people mentioned, after completing a main quest, go back to camp, talk to her, rinse and repeat. I've made the mistake of over gifting her. Give the smaller gifts one at a time, leave camp and go talk to her at camp. You will eventually get the dialogue about the bard and spies. You will have the opportunity to bed her then.

Blackdog35
04-06-2011, 09:52 PM
ok I got it...here is how:

If you have her at 100% (if you have the feastday pranks) buy enough coal to get her to about 70%. Then there will be a topic to talk about bards. Go through that dialogue and then travel (I went from denerium to Lothering) You''ll stop half way and fight some assassins. When you take out the leader, he ask you to spare him. Trade info on how to find the person who hired him for his life. Then travel back to denerium and hug the right side of the city. You'll see a door labeled assassins contact location or something like that. Go through that dialog and make sure you back Liliana (it doesn't matter weather you kill the person or not)

After that travel back to camp, and there will be new dialog. Go through that, then get her up to 100%. She'll say something about going to bed, ask if you can join her, then BAM....off come those panties.

I think i am going to have to try this as well as although i am not at a 100% with Leliana i am about 80% but no new dialogue has appeared for ages even though i have in and out of the camp on missions. The last dialogue i got was about the shoes but no personal quest has popped up or no dialogue about being a minstrel/spy. I have only romances Morrigan so far as well.

I certainly think if you pick certain wrong dialogue options with Leliana early on it ruins your chances later.

Spanish Assault
04-08-2011, 06:39 AM
I think i am going to have to try this as well as although i am not at a 100% with Leliana i am about 80% but no new dialogue has appeared for ages even though i have in and out of the camp on missions. The last dialogue i got was about the shoes but no personal quest has popped up or no dialogue about being a minstrel/spy. I have only romances Morrigan so far as well.

I certainly think if you pick certain wrong dialogue options with Leliana early on it ruins your chances later.
try going down t about 70%...then keep checking.

ANIMAL NL
04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Leliana is at 100% I gave her the stupid nug and still she won't have sex with me! She also doesn't give me her personal quest and I have her in my party constant since Lothering and I'm at the landsmeet now. I'm a male roque elf.
what's wrong?

Spanish Assault
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
try going down t about 70%...then keep checking.

Leliana is at 100% I gave her the stupid nug and still she won't have sex with me! She also doesn't give me her personal quest and I have her in my party constant since Lothering and I'm at the landsmeet now. I'm a male roque elf.
what's wrong?

Part of the problem is you didn't read any of the replies...get her down to about 70% and then slowly give her one gift at a time and then have some dialog.

gtogsx
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
In addition to what Carmona has said, leave the camp and come back after giving one gift at a time and keep and eye out for the conversation about the spies. Otherwise you will miss out on her side quest.

LURadioDJ
06-24-2011, 04:08 AM
No matter what I do I can't get Leliana to seal the deal, and I can't her approval rating down cuz its at 100%, all she'll do is reciet stories for me and that's it nothing else.:(

Jason0626
06-24-2011, 12:58 PM
No matter what I do I can't get Leliana to seal the deal, and I can't her approval rating down cuz its at 100%, all she'll do is reciet stories for me and that's it nothing else.:(

did you give her the cute nug gift?

francisrossi
06-24-2011, 01:55 PM

If you have the Feastday Pranks, give her some of those to drop her down a bit.

Siri
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
If you used the DLC gift, it tends to happen. I obtain the scene near the end of the game.

LURadioDJ
06-26-2011, 03:27 AM
I don't have the Feastday gifts and I got her that stupid annoying squeaky nug already.........:mad: but nothing

francisrossi
06-26-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't have the Feastday gifts and I got her that stupid annoying squeaky nug already.........:mad: but nothing

You need her at around 60-70. 100 is unfortunately too high. Silly I know.

NerdGoneRogue
07-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Have you tried insults/sarcastic comments or choices that she won't like? My friend had to do a new play through for her because she gave the flower too soon and maxed out the relationship by being too doting.

damccrac
07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Romanced Alistair in under 5 mins after getting to camp after Lothering. If you have the feastday gifts, buy him the Grey Warden hand puppet and 5 or 6 thoughtful gifts from the merchant in camp. Costs about 80silver total if I remember correctly. Give him each of those and his approval jumps up to 100 and then just talk with him a few times to seal the deal.

Never Final
07-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I cant finish off the romance with Leliana. Her dialog is at

"I know that look--you have something on your mind, don't you?"

Ive done her DLC and her sidequest in game. Ive given her the Nug and she is 100%. I cant get anymore dialog with her except for the one about her stories. Im playing a female character and have romanced Zevran and Alister on this play through as well. What do I do?

McGoogles
07-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Did you gift her with Andraste's Grace? This usually opens up her side quest and she becomes more intimate with you.

Never Final
07-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Ive already done her sidequest (the one where you go to meet Marjolaine in Denerim). I dont remember specifically if Ive given her Andraste's Grace but Ill try it. Ive already started Landsmeet so Ill have to load an old save. Not sure what else to do. Hopefully if I did mess something up I can fix it when I do my play to romance Morrigan.

ViniBT
08-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Hi, everyone.

Leliana is driving meu crazy! Haha

I've already done her personal quest and also have given her that strange pet.

I've listened carefully every single story she has to tell and the closest I've been from getting the romance was when she mentioned about my existing relashionship with Morrigan.

After that I keep gifting her and I've also dumped Morrigan, but every time I start a conversation with Leliana the options I have are the same: that annoying stories again and again,

Could any one give me some help? I just don't know what to do! This virtual girl is driving me as crazy as real ones.

Thanks in advance!

Skywall84
08-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I can NOT get her (Leilana) to sleep with me, not my first play through anyways. I am going to try again when I roll warrior but follow the guide this time.

Maikuru
04-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Wow really helpful in getting leliana couldnt get her over about 70 lol

IO IW IN xAG3x
05-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Helpful hints for those that still need this and wanna knock it out quick. If u have the ultimate edition there this pack called feast day gifts or something but it includes gifts that gives all of ur characters +50 affection and then the others give +10. All u have to do is just go to camp the first time and talk to boghen or what his name is and go to the gifts they should all be free and find out which ones go to whoever and bam easy affection easy hopeless romantic
Note: first play though I only got Leanna and morrigan to finish the deed with me no matter how hard I tried for zevveren he still rejected me..even after his quest and gifts..but don't worry just load up a new game and be a girl and do aliteracy and zevveren easy.:drunk

shadowr4ven
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I lost my original save where I had done 3/4 (not Alistair).

If I get the final achievement with him, will the one unlock too? Or am I SOL?

WRENCHO
07-05-2013, 03:05 AM
thanks for the guide! just recently started this game

shadowr4ven
07-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I lost my original save where I had done 3/4 (not Alistair).

If I get the final achievement with him, will the one unlock too? Or am I SOL?

FYI to all - I just got Alistair's romance and it popped the Hopelessly Romantic achieve as well. I guess there is either a check on your achievements or a check on your online profile. Either way, :Bounce::woop:

jlbrown95
12-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanks for this! Was stuck for ages

Beowulf357
04-20-2014, 10:09 AM
I immediately stopped trying to get all achievements when the Hopelessly Romantic cheevo glitched. Have they fixed it already?

Parisiteeve
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
does having a relationship with Zevran hurt my relationship with Alistair? i wanna stay with Alistair but im gonna end up fighting Taliesen and I've read that Zevran and two others i think it was would help and join the fight. if im mistaken on that please clarify this so i don't mess up with my dear Alistair! D: