PDA

View Full Version : Persuade/intimidate

Muse89
11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Do these carry over each playthrough? didnt realise there were achievement for them til after id played a bit and iv done several persuade and intimidates so im wondering if there will be enough in this playthrough to get either one or both and if they will carry over to my next character

also, im a warrior and i understand intimidate is linked to strength and iv maxed out the silver tongue skill thread yet i tend to get the persuade option alot more than intimidate

Ionus
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes they do. As do almost all the achievements. Lovers, Exploration.. etc.

Muse89
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
ah thanks, just wanted to make sure
i prefer to to have to stick to one, makes conversations more amusing

G315T
11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
also, im a warrior and i understand intimidate is linked to strength and iv maxed out the silver tongue skill thread yet i tend to get the persuade option alot more than intimidate

There are simply a lot more opportunities for persuasion.... also note that the number of intimidates required for the achievements is a lot less than the number of persuades you need.

wizzlestick
11-11-2009, 06:58 PM
There are simply a lot more opportunities for persuasion.... also note that the number of intimidates required for the achievements is a lot less than the number of persuades you need.

I found more opportunities for persuasion myself ;) I did invest in coersion immediately though but my cunning was always relatively low (minimum to get coersion 4 and I used those essences to get a few points in the fade).

I did thoroughly go through dialogue choices though but the silver tongued achievement unlocked before I got 10 intimidatations (not that I didn't have a chance to intimidate as well but I would always choose persuade before intimidate knowing you needed 15 more)

firehawk12
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I was able to get both in a single playthrough if that helps and had several intimidation attempts left over that I passed on because I wasn't playing that kind of character.

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I just got both in the first play through myself without trying.

SupremeRapier
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I can confirm that the persuasions/intimidations do not span multiple playthroughs. I thought I'd try to finish this up in Redcliffe since I only needed a few more so I saved then did all the persuasion options, got the achievement, finished my last couple of conversations with intimidations that should have gotten me the achievement if the points saved throughout all playthroughs. So I saved and loaded up my previous save file to do just intimidations and sure enough got the achievement.

I can also confirm that if you intimidate/persuade a person more than once during a conversation, that it will only count as 1 for the achievement. I had to talk to 5 different people in Redcliffe even though you get to intimidate the kid and elf twice.

Munkapotatoes
11-12-2009, 04:06 AM
There are also some persuasion options that count for intimidation. Found that out when I chose a persuasion that had some aggressive wording, and it counted as my fifth intimidation, and dinged me an achievement.

DENAz666
11-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Yeah you should be able to get them in one playthrough anyways, i've already got the two intimidate ones, plus one persuade and i've barely even chipped away at the story

Elm
11-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I got them both in one playthrough with my mage. I forgot about these 2 achievements but luckily enough i managed to get them without realizing it

ThatRuddyGuy
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I too was able to get all of these done on my 1st playthrough. Just be sure and talk to people a lot and explore all dialog options thoroughly.

Muse89
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM
well iv got all the intimidate ones now so even if i cant get the persuade achievement i was planning on doing several more playthroughs anyways so ill just get it with the next one