PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Story Plot

Keizaron
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Does anybody here like or dislike the actual storyline and the (canon) ending?

Warning: Spoilers...

Personally, I was kind of irked at how Jin was chalked up to be the next Kazuya (Kazuya'll never be replaced, in my mind), and then through all the adversity, Kazuya gets defeated twice (not by Jin, to rub salt into the wound) and kind of just goes, "Oh, okay, you win, have fun." Meantime, the end of the game shows up, and Jin all of a sudden reveals he was bullsh*tting the whole time, and saves the world?

I don't know about you guys, but I thought that had some serious Harry Potter Syndrome. Everything has to have a happy ending.

I was hoping something out of the ordinary would happen, like Jin and Kazuya have an epic battle, destroying the planet, only for Jun to show up (revealing she is, in fact, still alive) and throw off one of the two fighters (Kazuya, preferably, even though he's my absolute favorite) as the other delivers the final blow. Background fades, yada yada, cliffhanger for Tekken 7.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Thoughts on the plot, guys and gals?

Zukin-Man
11-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I want to see an ending where Azazel dies a horrible death.

I don't care about continuity, I just want to watch Azazel experience a bloody, over-the-top, Mortal Kombat-style death.

Get on that, Namco.

E10phoenix
11-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I want to see an ending where Azazel dies a horrible death.

I don't care about continuity, I just want to watch Azazel experience a bloody, over-the-top, Mortal Kombat-style death.

Get on that, Namco.

me too. the amount of trouble it gave me when i first got the game was just plain wrong. i want to watch its bloody death in high definition

CaptainSpanner
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
The Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi stories have always followed key. Like when Kazuya was 'dead' for 20 years, only to come back and kick the complete shit outta everyone and then lose to Jin.

Anyway, as for Tekken 6. I would like to see Eddie and Christie be shot by Kazuya and Jin then a BIG High-5.....

And then kick the shit outta each other.

Zukin-Man
11-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Anyway, as for Tekken 6. I would like to see Eddie and Christie be shot by Kazuya and Jin then a BIG High-5.....

Hate to break it to you, but the canon ending is that Eddy sets fire to the houses of all the capoeira haters while Christie laughs at them. Then the entire cast catches zombie cancer and Alisa has to mow them all down with her chainsaw arms.

True story.

CaptainSpanner
11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Hate to break it to you, but the canon ending is that Eddy sets fire to the houses of all the capoeira haters while Christie laughs at them. Then the entire cast catches zombie cancer and Alisa has to mow them all down with her chainsaw arms.

True story.

That would be cool. I just want Eddie to die. He's a nob anyway.

The Ultrafiend
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I...will not lie.

I sat through twenty minutes of the most tedious goddamn cutscenes I have ever suffered at the start of SCM. I skipped everything after that.

No, wait. I watched two cutscenes in a row that finished with Heihachi practically wetting himself with crazy laughter. In a ROW.

Why is Alisa attacking me? I don't know. I don't care. Let me hit something now, I beg of you.

The Ice Cold
11-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Well I was mostly disappointed, after the great B&W-Art-Intro of all Tekken Games, that was made up really cool and I was excited to see more, but those cutscene where way to rare, short and not deep enough to catch attention or to tell the story in a proper way, and even the story itself was so wacky and full of open questions, that it actually is a shame.

What happened to Heihachi after Lars met on him?
Who and what are the Ancestors of Zafina?
What's the Backround of the socalled "Prophecy"?
Why can't Jin and Kazuya clash on each other without destroying the world?
Where is Dr. Broscovich?
and alot more...

so many question which left a really really weird taste like as if played an unfinished game.

Keizaron
11-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Well I was mostly disappointed, after the great B&W-Art-Intro of all Tekken Games, that was made up really cool and I was excited to see more, but those cutscene where way to rare, short and not deep enough to catch attention or to tell the story in a proper way, and even the story itself was so wacky and full of open questions, that it actually is a shame.

What happened to Heihachi after Lars met on him?
Who and what are the Ancestors of Zafina?
What's the Backround of the socalled "Prophecy"?
Why can't Jin and Kazuya clash on each other without destroying the world?
Where is Dr. Broscovich?
and alot more...

so many question which left a really really weird taste like as if played an unfinished game.Basically, yeah.

I mean, Tekken has done this to us before, but not with this many unanswered questions. It's more of a nuisance than it is thrilling.

DarkSeraphim198
11-20-2009, 07:24 AM
I watched all of the intro movies which had seemed to drag on forever, and then a few of the in-game cutscenes too. Then I just thought to myself i'm not really interested and started skipping them all, except the odd few towards the end. I had definately lost interest in the plotline and just wanted to kick some ass on the SCM levels and in the arena for the gallery completion.