PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been completely unable to get the DLC achievements?

zzenigmaxzz
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
or will they eventually unlock on the second playthrough ... cause ive recovered my gamertag and have gotten other achievements and even gotten one of the DLC achievements i hadnt already gotten and they still arent unlocking

Grummy
11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
They are quite notoriously glitched.

I didn't have any problems at all personally, but that's because I'm awesome :p

If the patch isn't out already, it will be soon.

AzureHaseo
11-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Im waiting on my 2nd play through till that patch comes out. Still loving the game though.

xephnin
11-12-2009, 12:52 AM
I've received the achievement for completing the quest but haven't received the "Stone's Lament" Achievement. Though I'm guessing that's another quest obtained via extensive conversation with the newly acquired golem.

zzenigmaxzz
11-12-2009, 01:18 AM
I've received the achievement for completing the quest but haven't received the "Stone's Lament" Achievement. Though I'm guessing that's another quest obtained via extensive conversation with the newly acquired golem.

yeah thats the 1 of the 4 that i have because i didnt do it till towards the end of the game .. long after the first 3 glitched ... i want to start another playthrough but like someone else said i want to wait to see if its fixed and if i get them the second time through will i get the achievements

Hoborg
11-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Rules of (DLC) Engagement

1. Never buy DLC on day 1
2. If you bought DLC on day 1 never play DLC on day 1

TroyN
11-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Rules of (DLC) Engagement

1. Never buy DLC on day 1
2. If you bought DLC on day 1 never play DLC on day 1

How about when the DLC is included with the game as a code to try and get people to buy it instead of rent it, is available immediently, and probably should of been part of the game in the first place. Are you suppose to magicly not play that too? This isn't our fault for playing the stupid "DLC". Shale is even fully integrated into the campaign, this should of been shipped on the disc. But it's that ever-fun code world with 10 million different pre-order bonuses we live in today due to all the renting and used game sales.

And no, the achievements will not unlock on your second playthrough. We've tried everything possible to get them unlock them again, they don't. The official response was an admin saying "We'll let you know if/when we can fix it". The "if" part isn't very assuring that it'll ever get fixed.

zzenigmaxzz
11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
well that sucks ... i was really trying to get 100% on this game .. now im not sure i even feel like bothering

Hoborg
11-12-2009, 03:28 AM
WTF are you talking about? It came free with your purchase so why bitch about it being apart from the actual game? Free is free

I downloaded it day 1 as well. Difference is, I wasn't stupid enough to play it on day 1. As soon as I heard that the servers were updated I started playing Shale. And what do you know, it actually works.

Yes, it sucks for you who got eager to play it but why play DLC when you have a brand new game to explore? That's like playing the expansion pack BEFORE you even start the main game.

It just doesn't make sense.

DENAz666
11-12-2009, 05:42 AM
WTF are you talking about? It came free with your purchase so why bitch about it being apart from the actual game? Free is free

I downloaded it day 1 as well. Difference is, I wasn't stupid enough to play it on day 1. As soon as I heard that the servers were updated I started playing Shale. And what do you know, it actually works.

Yes, it sucks for you who got eager to play it but why play DLC when you have a brand new game to explore? That's like playing the expansion pack BEFORE you even start the main game.

It just doesn't make sense.

And what about Wardens Keep? That quest should be done FIRST as it gives you a place to store your loot.

Its nothing like an expansion pack, they are just extra quests that they were not able to put in the full game when it came time to print

WeisGuy9
11-12-2009, 05:58 AM
WTF are YOU talking about. I paid 560 MSP for Wardens Keep.

zzenigmaxzz
11-12-2009, 05:53 PM
WTF are YOU talking about. I paid 560 MSP for Wardens Keep.

not to mention the 81 bucks i spent on the collectors edition .. so i spend damn near 90 bucks on a game ... everything should work