PDA

View Full Version : Possible Orzammar Glitch? (small potential spoiler)

pacozon
11-13-2009, 12:53 AM
So I got Dragon Age and decided to sit through and try to fly through it my first time through and I guess I messed up on the Orzammar quests, the ones pertaining to deciding the king. So I tried working both sides for as long as I could and now find myself where Bhelen's man (Vartag) wants me to talk to Harrowmont's man. But Harrowmont's man won't speak with me, and whenever i talk to Vartag he tells me to go find out what Harrowmont wants me to do next.

I searched numerous forums and found others have this same problem. Does anyone here know if it might just be a glitch that'll get fixed in an update, or is that character pretty much screwed?

The GunOfTheWest
11-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Reload earlier save.

pacozon
11-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Well the only problem I have there is I had left the x-box and my brother saved over the point that would've brought me back to before then. Thus I can't go back to before this whole incident began.

KageZX
11-13-2009, 01:01 AM
what's the name of the quest your on?

pacozon
11-13-2009, 01:06 AM
'Betrayed From Within' and 'A Prince's Favor: The First Task'

KageZX
11-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Have you completed either of those?

firehawk12
11-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah, the Dwarf quest is glitched. I forced myself past the dialog by just selecting all the options - eventually the game figured out what it was supposed to do and moved on.

If that doesn't work, you might have to go all the way back. The only way to avoid the problem entirely is to just stick to one side from the beginning.

pacozon
11-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Nope,

For 'Betrayed From Within' it tells me to talk to Harrowmont for Vartag. Which I'm unable to do since I can't find Harrowmont or speak with his contact.

For 'A Prince's Favor' it tells me to return to Vartag, but when I do he wants me to go talk to Harrowmont's contact. I assume there should be another piece for conversation with Vartag, but when I speak to him, this is all i can do for conversation;

Vartag - "Did you talk to Harrowmont? What does he want you to do?"
My response(s) - 1. "I haven't seen him yet" <--- Only option
Vartag - "Well, go then. Before it starts to look like you're stalling."

zzenigmaxzz
11-13-2009, 03:49 AM
you need to start over then ... this has been a common problem and everyone who has had this come up has had to reload a previous save or start over

next time dont try to have your cake and eat it too... you can make the choice which you want to be king at the very end without doing both sets of quests

firehawk12
11-13-2009, 04:44 AM
The fact that you can double cross the other person means that they intended for this to work. They just screwed up the scripting somewhere.

pacozon
11-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Hmm, well thank you all for your inputs. Hopefully they fix this sometime soon and put it in an update.

SpinelesS
11-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Well I had done the dwarven noble origin quest on another char before I went here, so I knew I was gonna work with harrow from the start..

Dont know if this will help at all, but things I did for Harrow:

1)Fought in provings for harrow
1.b)watched a shakedown in the commons on the way to talk to either harrow or one of his guys - forget which - walked into the store and helped guy out. (prob dont gotta do that) learned of the hidden criminal underground
2) was told to clewar out the thieves (store in the dust gave me "key" to open the door with no handle)
3)went after branka.

The meeting places moved around a bit. I think I met at the entrance to harrow, in his office in harrow, and once at the Bar in the commons. Maybe you could check all these places?

EvilKen
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah... I was playing both sides of the fence on this arc. I used multi saves to get all the cheeves... but now I have 1/2 of the quests sitting in my current quest tab.... I guess they are just going to linger... I was able to complete the arc fine, so just a minor inconvenience.

sakanakami
11-25-2009, 07:36 AM
I am having the same issue also with no previous game save to fall back on. I hope that it is just a glitch and that they fix it in an update soon, because I do not want to start a new game when I have over 40 hours in this game save already.

haubro18
12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
i did it to, i figured eventually the game would make me choose a king to pick... aparrently not. i decided i'd restart seeing as i have no other choice.

cdawgoku
12-07-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm with everyone one else. It's going to suck b/c this effects 195 points. I guess I can skip over it, but I'd rather not considering that some of the achievements like Traveler means I gotta spend more time. But also on the other hand at least 3 play throughs are needed so it can't be terrible.

I just started and right off the bat I fought for the Lord in the Proving and can't talk to the prince, but I then went and told Helmi the lord was lying and so now the lord wont have me.
But there's a sequence where you could persuade Vartag. Perhaps Expert or Master Coersion could get me past this.

Also I think posting that this is either A)Glitched or B)Problematic in the guide section would help out a ton. If I would have read that I would have definitely chosen a side.