PDA

View Full Version : Landsmeet, last chance to save?

Hoborg
11-13-2009, 03:20 AM
The achievement guide was incredibly vague about when to save to get all the endings. So, with spoilers accepted, when is the absolute last chance to save to get most if not all possible endings in one sitting?

Please be specific as possible, I have yet to complete the game. Thanks.

zzenigmaxzz
11-13-2009, 03:42 AM
yes .. you need to save before the landsmeet cause at that point you need to chose between .... SPOILERS

you have to choose between alistair and loghain... if you save at this point then you can reload and take the one you didnt choose before. If you save after that you can only get 3 of the 4 endings in 1 playthrough. the actual point of no return though is right before you go to redcliffe for the final assault

Hoborg
11-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks. I'll get the Alistair ending on my last play then.

Muse89
11-13-2009, 12:06 PM
so once you choose logain you can definately get the three?
ill be doing the same, getting my alistair one on the next playthrough
as much as i love this game i dont think i can manage 4 playthroughs one after the other

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 12:37 PM
At the landsmeet you decide to make Logain a warden or not, that branches th game off one into two paths, as you'll either have Alistair or Logain.

The 4 endings are
Sacrifice yourself
Sacrifice Alistair or Logain depending on what you decided at the landsmeet
Morrigans Alternative (decided at redcliffe before you set off for the battle)

You can decide the sacrifice option in redcliffe although at the end you get to choose again.

when_vegans_attack
11-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Also, note that you must be sure to take Loghain/Alistair with you to kill the archdemon - if you save right bhefore opening the door to the top you can get 2/4 endings right there.

DarqStalker
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't it be just wrong if loghain was a romantic option? Wow that would be a total plot twist...

The achievement could be called something like, "Sleeping with the enemy." ha ha haa...

when_vegans_attack
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Wouldn't it be just wrong if loghain was a romantic option? Wow that would be a total plot twist...

The achievement could be called something like, "Sleeping with the enemy." ha ha haa...

Well, he's a romantic option for an NPC...

littlejay
11-13-2009, 03:50 PM
last chance to save is right after you finish the quest for the elf alienage. it will be locked until you can get there. so just don't turn the quest in and you will get good to go

General Boredom
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Does anyone actually know if saving/reloading to get all the endings will in one playthrough will unlock the Perfectionist achievement, or will I have to play through the game four times?

Muse89
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM
iv heard some say you have to reload a save from before you go to redcliff to start the final battle, some saying it has to be before the landsmeet quest and others have said its seconds before you make the choice between outcomes
so which is it? iv got a save right before morrigan makes her offer, so can i get three of the 4 this playthrough?

Piculiar
11-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Okay, I planned on getting two endings on my first playthrough,
and the other two on the second. Thing is, I can't get Loghain
to sacrifice himself! I have a save just outside the door to the rooftop where you
fight the archdemon, but even if I talk to him and tell him that it's alright if he does
it, as soon as the archdemon is dead, the cutscene where my character kills it is
initiated, and I get the Dark Ritual ending, which I already have. Any suggestions?

Muse89
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
im pretty sure you have to decline the dark ritual in order for anyone to be sacrificed, otherwise

*SPOILERS* (sorry dont know how to do the thing where its hidden)

the archdemons soul wont go into either you alistair or logain, but will always go into morrigans baby, so there is no sacrifice. so i hope you have a save before you accepted morrigans offter otherwise youll need to wait til your next playthrough

dab198
11-14-2009, 09:19 PM
iv heard some say you have to reload a save from before you go to redcliff to start the final battle, some saying it has to be before the landsmeet quest and others have said its seconds before you make the choice between outcomes
so which is it? iv got a save right before morrigan makes her offer, so can i get three of the 4 this playthrough?
Having just done all of the endings from one playthrough:

You need 1 save before the landsmeet, determining whether you have Alistair or Loghain in your party.
A save before heading to bed at Redcliffe, where you decide whether to use Morrigan's ritual or not. If you choose the ritual, that will be the ending you get, no matter who else you have in your party.

If you didn't side with Morrigan, save before the rooftop of the final battle. After the archdemon is dead, and alistair or loghain are with you, a conversation will take place to decide whether you or your chosen party member sacrifices themselves.

Piculiar
11-15-2009, 09:27 AM
im pretty sure you have to decline the dark ritual in order for anyone to be sacrificed, otherwise

*SPOILERS* (sorry dont know how to do the thing where its hidden)

the archdemons soul wont go into either you alistair or logain, but will always go into morrigans baby, so there is no sacrifice. so i hope you have a save before you accepted morrigans offter otherwise youll need to wait til your next playthrough

Well jolly good then, I have a save right before Redcliffe.
*pats myself on the back for being a save freak*

when_vegans_attack
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Does anyone actually know if saving/reloading to get all the endings will in one playthrough will unlock the Perfectionist achievement, or will I have to play through the game four times?

You can reload - that's how I got it.

thebarkingdog
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
How does Morrigan's offer play out if you're a female character? Even with dark magic, I can't see how a little female-on-female action would result in a fetus...

ThatRuddyGuy
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
How does Morrigan's offer play out if you're a female character? Even with dark magic, I can't see how a little female-on-female action would result in a fetus...

She offers to let one of your male party members lay with her. Some funny dialog options there also

when_vegans_attack
11-16-2009, 02:49 AM

You'll have to persuade Alistiar or Loghain to impregnate her for you.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 10:04 AM
when does the game register that you acquired an ending? is it once you go back to the palace? or once the credits roll?

th3warr1or
11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, he's a romantic option for an NPC...

Who? Which NPC?

when_vegans_attack
11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
when does the game register that you acquired an ending? is it once you go back to the palace? or once the credits roll?

My achievements always unlocked during the final cutscene - not when I loaded the palace, camp, etc or during the credits.

Who? Which NPC?

I was speaking about the option to impregnate Morrigan.

SupremeRapier
11-16-2009, 10:37 PM
I just got this glitch after I chose to let Alistair sacrifice himself, at the ending ceremony half the people thought that he was still alive, and Anora was even making fun of him lol and afterwards when it tells you what happened to everyone, it said that Alistair and Anoraended up ruling the kingdom well.. lol