PDA

View Full Version : Rooftop Race Glitched?

verytallmidget
02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I was wondering it anyone had the same problem as me on these 3 rooftop races "Watch Your Step," "Goin' Home Race," and "Wings are for Suckers"

For the watch your step I was going up the agency tower to the checkpoint and as I was doing it, I had a little countdown saying race timeout....i dont understand why I was getting that, I was in direct route to the checkpoint.

And for the going home race that starts in Los Muertos area, I followed all the checkpoints, then all of a sudden, a checkpoint was out in the water....and I was literally standing in the checkpoint, and starting getting race timeout again....I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

Finally, for the last race, I'm literally standing exactly where the guide says the race is at, and there is nothing, and normally the green light appears when u get close to it, yet alone standing on top of where its at!

And yes, I know u have to follow the checkpoints in order, im not that dumb :eek:

hamman41
02-21-2007, 05:04 PM
not a glitch. As well as trying to beat the clock you also only have so long to get between checkpoint. You'll get a timer countdown when you only have 30 seconds left.

A bit of a bummer on the goin home one since I kept on getting it going to the last checkpoint even thou I still had 7 mins left on the other timer.

verytallmidget
02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
yea man, thats what I dont understand, why the hell it does that, it doesnt take me more than 10 seconds to get between checkpoints, but I have 7 minutes left in race, thats some B.S. right there

NightWolf
02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
For the "Going Home" race, that checkpoint isn't in the water. It's in the tunnel you come through to get from the agency to the isle.

Floydthebarber9
02-21-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah i had the same problem with the Goin' Home Race, i was doing good till i got to the one in the water

verytallmidget
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
thanks for the replies guys, i just got the achievement for the rooftop races...i was probably just in a zombified state after playing like 10 straight hrs, i wasnt thinking right, but i got it now...only 9 more achievements left to go!