PDA

View Full Version : A way to store items?

arete
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
As the topic says, is there a way you can store items in-game without having to carry them around with you? Since I have the complete Blood dragon armor as well as almost complete Legion and Effort armors 9don't want to sell them yet), is there somewhere I can put them to be recovered later?

ThatRuddyGuy
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Well, if you have Warden's Keep DLC you get a storage chest for completing it.

If not, you could sell them to the Dwarf at camp, he seems to keep everything available that you sell to him (Not 100% Confirmed). Atleast on mine. Though I just use the storage chest.

jedi420j
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Pretty ridiculous that the storage chest is sold seperately... Pretty much every RPG has them by default..

Jemocasa
11-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Not sure if it actually works because I haven't tried to put anything in, but if you convince(d) Lloyd to fight in Redcliffe and he dies Bella appears to allow you to stash items. She'll also let you take whatever he had to sell for free.

SupremeRapier
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Pretty ridiculous that the storage chest is sold seperately... Pretty much every RPG has them by default..
bet you they forgot to add it in the main game and thats why they put it in the dlc lol

arete
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Yea, I do have the Warden's Keep DLC...where in that place is the chest? Thanx

True Marvellous
11-13-2009, 11:33 PM

Right next to Levi, you cant miss it, oh wait you did :p

Jemocasa
11-13-2009, 11:56 PM

You have to finish the quest and then leave the area and go back to get the chest.

Ionus
11-14-2009, 01:27 AM
You have to finish the quest and then leave the area and go back to get the chest.

I think it is odd that you never get to go inside Wardens Keep again, everything is just outside in the cold...

Not impressed with the DLC stuff so far. Oblivion's DLC's you actually used to store stuff, display interesting items... etc.

Wardens Keep is pretty much just for the storage chest outside in the cold :p

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 02:36 AM
And the extra shops and being able to get a better sword than the keening blade oh and two extra powers.

WarGod3
11-14-2009, 02:47 AM
can you buy house's in this game like oblivion had one in ech place in game?

jedi420j
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
bet you they forgot to add it in the main game and thats why they put it in the dlc lol

Nope it's just simply EA's influence over Bioware... like they ever would have done something like that before EA bought them. Yet when I pointed this out in another thread I got called a whiny dooshbag for complaining about release day DLC... I dunno, it seems like a rip-off to me to sell a storage chest seperately. Especially considering how much it's needed in a game like this. I'm probably only 20-25% through the game and I've had to destroy so much stuff cuz my bags are always full.

arete
11-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Right next to Levi, you cant miss it, oh wait you did :p

Never went back after completing the quest so no I didn't :uzi::p lol

WarGod3
11-15-2009, 10:11 PM
ive just completed the Warden's Keep DLC can't find a chest to put things in tho it just lets you take them out

jedi420j
11-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I gotta say it's getting very annoying constantly having to micro-manage my items, I really wish you could carry more with you. I had the same problem with Mass Effect, always having to go through my inventory and get rid of items. If you are going to put so much loot in your game Bioware, at least let us carry more, or give us a good storage option.. (one that doesn't include you selling it to us separately from the game!)

WarGod3
11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
you can buy back pack to carry more i can carry 80 at mo

DENAz666
11-18-2009, 03:41 AM
Plenty of games sell the storage thing seperate, look at Sacred2, did the exact same thing with the imp. At least Wardens Keep is reasonable priced compared to Shale's dlc

Either way, its worth it in the long run.

jedi420j
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
you can buy back pack to carry more i can carry 80 at mo

Where can you buy this???

WarGod3
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
any where. i think its under other not sure how meny you can buy but ive got 1 and it went up to 80

WarGod3
11-19-2009, 01:52 AM
the best place is your party camp as you buy the one he has and leve camp and it will come back

DENAz666
11-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Er not sure what your on about, but different merchants throughout the world have backpack upgrades, just look in the "gifts" section, where you would buy Rune stones and Gifts, the backpack upgrades will be down the bottom.

WarGod3
11-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Er not sure what your on about, but different merchants throughout the world have backpack upgrades, just look in the "gifts" section, where you would buy Rune stones and Gifts, the backpack upgrades will be down the bottom.
yer i know but this is the only one ive found that as soon as you leve and come back strate after there back there so you can buy all you need.

DENAz666
11-19-2009, 02:10 AM
yer i know but this is the only one ive found that as soon as you leve and come back strate after there back there so you can buy all you need.

Ah righto :) Well you can pretty much pick up a backpack upgrade in every major town. Mine at the moment is up to 120! :) really helps on those big missions

WarGod3
11-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Ah righto :) Well you can pretty much pick up a backpack upgrade in every major town. Mine at the moment is up to 120! :) really helps on those big missions
do you know that max ya can go up to?

DENAz666
11-19-2009, 03:10 AM
do you know that max ya can go up to?

I think it 150, but thats just a guess

jedi420j
11-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Wow. I must be blind haha, looking forward to upgrading this, I'm forty hours into the game and still only carry the minimum amount lol... Thanks for the info!!

haggis 1982
11-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Not sure if it actually works because I haven't tried to put anything in, but if you convince(d) Lloyd to fight in Redcliffe and he dies Bella appears to allow you to stash items. She'll also let you take whatever he had to sell for free.

The menu it says I can stash items. But whenever I click on an item to stash it, it won't let me and the item just stays in my inventory. Is this some sort of glitch or something?

DarthSoth
12-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Are you able to drop Inventory items or stow them in random chests to make some room in a pinch? There is an option to go to your inventory from crates and chests when you open them up but there isn't a way to put items into them. You should be able to drop items to clear up space in a pinch too, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

And, total bullshit that they make you buy a place to store the extra shit you collect in this game. Typical EA crap.

TwistedFate
12-26-2009, 07:32 PM
And, total bullshit that they make you buy a place to store the extra shit you collect in this game. Typical EA crap.

They don't. They make people who think that a "chest" is the only possible storage solution buy it. Sell your stuff to the merchants. When you go back it will still be there, and you can buy it back for the same price you sold it.

They make you buy the chest, they do not make you buy a storage place.