PDA

View Full Version : Will recruiting Wynne effect the 'Annulment Invoker' achievement?

xTheRaVenEffect
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM
To specify, if I recruit Wynne, will I still be able to get the 'Annulment Invoker' achievement, or does recruiting her automatically mean I've sided with the mages?

Starkadhr
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
No. You side with the mages by saving them at the end

SupremeRapier
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
you can still get it, the only thing that will cancel out getting the mages is if you do not save any mages in the final fight in the circle of magi tower

Master Teixi
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Does coercion affect this achievement?

I tried to save the mages in the final battle

***SPOILER***
----------------------------------
when you fight versus Uldred

But the options always are negative for mages...does this option only appears if you have a determinate coercion level?

EDIT: Oh, nothing. I forgot using the paper that avoid mind control xD

I've the achievement now, forget my question.

True Marvellous
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
No you cant talk your way out of it.

Basically in the battle with Uldread he will turn the mages into demons to help him fight, the final mage been the First Enchanter.

You have to kill him quick enough so that the First Enchanter lives, if he dies then you automatically side with the Templars.

Just to help you out later in the game the only side with achievement which needs persuasive skills is the werwolves/elves one.

Ionus
11-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Does coercion affect this achievement?

I tried to save the mages in the final battle

***SPOILER***

next time try *spoiler=teixi*when you fight versus Uldred*/spoiler*
(replace '*' with '[' and ']')
then it will look like this:

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 03:08 AM
thats not really a spoiler though lol when you first talk to wynne you find out that hes the one you need to kill

xTheRaVenEffect
11-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the help, guys. I got 'Annulment Invoker' with no problems. This can be closed now. ^_^

Draken Zero
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
No you cant talk your way out of it.

Basically in the battle with Uldread he will turn the mages into demons to help him fight, the final mage been the First Enchanter.

You have to kill him quick enough so that the First Enchanter lives, if he dies then you automatically side with the Templars.

Just to help you out later in the game the only side with achievement which needs persuasive skills is the werwolves/elves one.

While not actually related to your question, you dont really have to rush this battle. Just use the tome you got from the mage's body to interrupt the spell uldred channels to turn the mages into abominations. You'll hear wynne tell ya when to do this so its really obvious. You can use the tome in the "Advanced" section of your radial menu - bottom row, center slot.