PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!....and so can you!

LongJon
02-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I finally beat this game on veteran after hours and hours of agonising gaming..

..things is..i say that...and i kinda miss it already,Ive got so into the routine of playing it whenever i have the chance that im kinda lost without it! LOL!

Weirdly enough I did hill 400 within a few tries and found the last level harder (im strange like that)..also I just went through it on veteran first time,i payed for my inexperience though on levels like d-day (is it just me or does it go from russian levels = easy,british = easy-ish to american = super mega bitch master hardness?..or just me?)

but anyway to anyone thinkin they are stuck on this game just persevere (sp?) and you WILL get there...I PROMISE!

daewezzy
02-22-2007, 06:55 AM
congrats man, in still working on The Silo mission. and i agree that it went from way easy to freakishly hard once it got to the Americans.

Sasuke-Xiin
02-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm near the end of that last british mission after d-day.

Shawn Lesane
03-02-2007, 06:35 PM
:uzi:The Silo mission is a bitch.....

The last mission of the game was one of the easiest lol....

xI aFt3rMaTH Ix
03-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I just picked this game up, a friend recommended it to me. Is the Veteran difficulty as difficult as everyone makes it out to be?

Galaxy Spear
03-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I just picked this game up, a friend recommended it to me. Is the Veteran difficulty as difficult as everyone makes it out to be?

Looks like we're both at the same level on veteran missions. Wanna race to the end :)

Elfire313
03-05-2007, 05:18 PM
D Day was the worst for me, and that British mission where you get ambushed. I actually thought Crossing the Rhine was fairly simple.

Rocket
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Man i tell you what, I'm on the Battle of Caen (sp?) and it is kickin my ass...i'm on the sub level TIGER, and I just cannot for the life of me get past the German HQ...its like my allies don't do shit...i kill 90% of the germans outside, i clear the first floor and go to clear the second and they are still at the start point of the HQ....

Galaxy Spear
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Man i tell you what, I'm on the Battle of Caen (sp?) and it is kickin my ass...i'm on the sub level TIGER, and I just cannot for the life of me get past the German HQ...its like my allies don't do shit...i kill 90% of the germans outside, i clear the first floor and go to clear the second and they are still at the start point of the HQ....

Every game can be conquered so long as you keep at it. Im not looking forward to this mission to be honest lol. But yeah you'll get it man. :drunk

Rocket
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Every game can be conquered so long as you keep at it. Im not lucking forward to this mission to be honest lol. But yeah you'll get it man. :drunk

I know, its just flustering haha, best of luck on it...one tip I can give you before you get to the end point at the HQ is to actually use your rifle from a distance on a lot of spots, and at the Post office, go to the second floor of the building you get the checkpoint in thats accross the street...you will be able to snipe some out, and take most of the ones on the first floor out with a single frag...

dompimpine
03-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I beat this game a while back on veteran. It gets really hard on the American missions. D-Day and Crossing the Rhine were pretty hard for me. My tips are to use cover and smoke grenades often.

Curtis
03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Just out of interest Jon, would you still have done it looking back? Kinda on the edge of getting this cheap off eBay so ;)

DarkDementia
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I am currently working my way through this game on veteran, havent completed it before, ive just finished the level where youve got to plant a sticky bomb on that damn fast tank. Hardest bit ive encountered yet :(

magictroll
03-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Yeah I guess I'm going to get this one back and give it another go! I loved the single-player but Veteran was VERY tough...

Defcizion
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I thought some British levels were actually tough. Anyway, your words are inspiring, I will go play COD2 and beat the last 2 American Missions!!!

I beat the Crossing the Rhine a while ago to get an easy 60 pts :)

good kill guy
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
can anyone give me advice on the last part of the hill 400 (where you snipe the mortors)

MrEastSide
04-05-2007, 06:08 AM

Uhh, this is where I'm stuck and it's pissing me off. I was stuck on some other missions and got really mad, but was able to calm myself enough to finish. This area however has made me almost whip my controller across the room and into the wall. If they weren't 50 bucks a piece, I would have already!

ThisIsWhyImHot
04-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah the D-Day levels was a whore, for real...

...for the dude looking for the Silo tips where you gotta snipe the mortars - I'd say try to memorize the spots they come, and make sure you hit the guy running with the mortar first, cuz if he sets it up - more teams can run back to it later, where if you shoot him while he's on the run or setting it up he'll fall over and that mortar will be useless..

Trust me just keep at it - if you take out all the mortars and buy yourself some time, the game will give you checkpoints.. so focus on getting the checkpoints.. other than that - run around, look for movement, aim and pray you hit them quick lol..

MrEastSide
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I just completed Veteran difficulty. I'd like to give a big "F-ck you" to Infinity Ward for making a nearly impossible to beat game! On the plus side, if people unlock these achievements, you know they earned them!

Rocket
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I beat it yesterday finally...once I got past the Caen mission, it was actually smooth sailing from there...all I can say about the "capture the German HQ" is frag frag frag and frag some more...just toss as many frags into the first floor, then once its cleared toss an ass load more upstairs...

angry
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Congrats man i only have 3 achs to get the silo i think is the hardest on COD2 but i will get my last 3 achs. :)

Cross Fire
04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
i dont understand what everyone is talking about saying that call of duty veteran is so tough, i swear i went through the campaign in like 10 hours. sure some levels were hard but if you think about it my 10 hours is chump change to what you guys make it seem like. i only died a couple dozen times, maybe i just own at this game and the 3rd one.

MrEastSide
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I consider myself a pretty good gamer. And I was stuck at several parts for incredible amounts of time. It certainly could have to do with a person's strategy as well. For example, I was stuck at the German HQ part for probably 2-3 hours if I added it all up. Then someone suggested clearing out that building on the left first, as there is a checkpoint in there. I didn't know this when I was first attempting that section. Upon doing the left building first and getting that check point and then moving to the HQ, I think I was able to pass that area on only a few tries.

My only gripe with the game is the infinite spawning of enemies in some areas. As well as an enemy still being able to target you and drop you in a split second, even through a cloud of smoke grenades. Veteran really isn't hard if you eliminate all the unfair aspects of the game. But, with those unfair advantages the AI has, I have to say it's one of the hardest games I've played, personally.

KRIS DETH
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I have been playing for a week now on and off and i am at d-day

its freaking hard!!!

thats all i ahve to say

Styze
05-10-2007, 02:18 AM
I,m finding alot of comments about cod2 was harder than cod3. I find it the exact opposite. I find cod3 is definitely the harder of the two games.

Fonkey Monkey
05-10-2007, 02:23 AM
i thought cod2 was alot harder than cod3, although i havent gotten very far in cod3.

ps~styze i think i just played you in a random R6 match like 10 mins ago:p

Ghost x360a
06-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I beat it around last year, one of the most hardest achievements I have ever gotten.

ZakkuHiryado
06-21-2007, 05:23 AM
I finally beat Veteran a few weeks ago. The russian and british (especially the tank missions) were pretty easy. Caen was freakin hard though. Once it got to the Americans the difficulty seriously ramped up. I died a crapload of times on top of that silo with those mortars. Feels good to get it done though.:)

TrembL
06-22-2007, 03:51 AM
This was one of the first games I 1000'd. But this was probably the most difficulty single player game I have every played. At least the toughest one I've ever beat. But you do feel gratified once you complete it.

TheIrishSnipa
07-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm looking to buy this game, how much is it used at most places?

KRIS DETH
07-03-2007, 07:26 AM

its probaly about 25 - 20 now great game thou :)

TuSeMorte
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I had to put this game down for about 4 monthes after the silo mission but I finished it up last weekend. This game on veteran is an achievement that should make you proud.

ASTROBL4ACK
08-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I've had this game since the first day the 360 was released, but I got into earning achievements a year later, so I'm going to go back to this game, and complete, hopefully.

sack-gobbler
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
congratz man i haven't played the game but i hear its real hard... way to overcome

BillyBongOn
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Battle for Hill 400 is by far the hardest part on the entire game, where you have to clear the bunker(s), then take the hill, then hold the hill, then fight off 5 minutes of fighting...

theres a 13month gap between my last COD2 and the weekend where I blitzed it and finished it all u

roll on COD4:MW :woop:

Sam360
08-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I stopped playing this because I kept forgetting to save :mad:

So used to autosave in all games now...

Anyone else do this?? :(

el_rezzo
08-14-2007, 06:13 AM
You can pick it up here in Australia for AUD$29 form pretty much everywhere brand new.

x360a xC0LTSx
08-16-2007, 12:22 AM
congrats i want to play this game so bad my friend has it and i keep forgetting to ask for it

ElementalSoBe
08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
It wasnt that hard , COD3 was way harder on vet.

MrWings715
08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I remember when I passed cod2 in veteran mode. :uzi:Crazy game. I passed it back in October of 2006, about two-three months after I purchased it. It isn't really that hard, just keep playing the same level over and over and you will catch the pattern of the enemy. I was so proud when I beat it. 13of13 1000 gamerscore, woot. You can do it.

Andrew14man
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
i beat this game on veteren too. pretty easy but THE SILO was hard. thats abbot it

x23DrPepper23x
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Cod3 is better than Cod2 but Cod 2 is Harder than Cod3

MrEastSide
10-26-2007, 05:41 AM
So many people saying it was easy. lol! Either you're gaming Gods or really good liars. Because I am pretty freakin' good at video games and I'm not going to lie and say most of part 2 was easy. lol!

And CoD3 was nowhere near as good as part 2.

PRS SE
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
daaaamn been playing it on veteran for like 5 hours straight just stopped I only finished veteran of the tank squadrons, so I got 4 achievments! pretty good I think but it pissed me off a lot!:drunk

Mr Arrow
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Stick with it, you'll get it.

Mrs Cliffton
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
if you are having problems the way that worked for me was that if the method you are using to try to accomplish your objective isnt working after 3-4 tries, then try different ways,

Ex: different entrances to buildings, sniping before you rush in, use more nades

ALWAYS use smokes when it gets pretty hot and heavy, they are prolly the best item in the game, and good luck!

benbam87
12-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah it is one of my most proud of achievements. It is very difficult and time consuming but I found if you get stuck on a certain part play a different game for a while and come back and give it another try

freekwonder
12-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Finally beat it last night on veteran, the silo and hill 400 (mainly keeping it) was the hardest to me. Had a little trouble on the third artillery gun. Over all a fun game. I've got COD3 on had, but I've only got 2 weeks to play it. :(

antnie
12-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I am going to try to beat this game on veteran. Right now i only have the first level beaten which was very easy.

UFC Fan 81
01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
My god that took forever but I finally finished it off today...Took me almost 2 months..I would get frustrated and not play it for a few days then come back and give it another go....I think the hardest mission was definately the city leading to the Silo, then the silo part was just a pain in the ass....Definately proud of those 1000 points.

GoWisfun
01-13-2008, 09:14 PM
its probaly about 25 - 20 now great game thou :)

I got mine for 2 for 20 or 13 each so got CrackDown with it :p

Anyway got mine this friday just gone (11th) and finished it(Got all 1000 Points) about 30 minutes ago, Heard how hard this game was and how people had spent weeks/months on certain levels so was a little let down there :s

Pissed me off in some parts and the amount of grenades I had thrown at me really annoyed me when they got me :s

Ah well guess I'll go get my 40k online points on CoD3 for 100% on that sometime :p

Richiee
01-25-2008, 12:04 AM
This is a game of retries. Me too miss it somehow :)

Lord Chabelo
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM

Just bought, new, it from BestBuy.com for $15 and picked it up from the closest store to me.

MR_GM
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Just finished it on verteran on first play through. It took about 2 weeks, i thought the last part with the two tanks was a pain. now for a beer..

xymon81
01-26-2008, 04:52 PM
yes finally after months off and on playing i finally completed 100%. now i can move on to finish some other games

SakuraMusume
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM

I got it at my local GameSpot for $9.99 Used.
Woohoo! I finished on Veteran last night. This is the first game I've unlocked all the achievements on. Woohoo me.

Quiet Killda 102
02-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm working on it now too

matty cheetham
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
i did it this game rocks and veteran makes it so much better.

---

spackhead
02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
After 2 years and 4 days since getting my first ach points on this title, I have tonight reached the magic 1000/1000.

So happy to finally beat the game.

Its a tough nut to crack and at times I was using all my powers of calmness not to toss the controller through the window.

But its a great game and I have really enjoyed the challange.

fletcher2989
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
the last mission was one of the easiest.....i hated counter-attacks

Vervous
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I haven't had too much trouble with the game so far, but the Silo....

Captured objective A. Attempting to get F, failed. Attempting to get B, failed.

Repeat until frustration.

LaCara Cicatriz
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
i think that i might just go through this game on the second hardest setting...hardened? so that I can both , a. get good at knowing best routes to take....where ppl pop out....etc....and b. knock out 2 big achieves..... beat the game and beat it on vet or hardened