PDA

View Full Version : Question

BloodGodAlucard
11-19-2009, 04:02 AM
This is going to be $20 at Gamestop on Black Friday. Is it worth it? This will be my first Dynasty Warriors game since the first one on the PS2. I like hack and slash games. Will I like this? Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

theCODfanboy
11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
yea man if you liked the old ones you will definately like this.the achievements are good too. I paid full price for this when it came out and still play it sometimes.nice long game.

Bahaumaut
11-26-2009, 01:35 AM
$20 sounds like a very good price. It's a long game, but the design of it is very 'modular'; you have the campaigns of 6 maps each, for 17 of the 41 characters. The maps are reused for more than one 'scenario', but can greatly vary between what side you're on. And when you've 'unlocked' something (a scenario, a character, their weapons), it's usable in and out of the campaigns/musou modes. It's got an RPG-y aspect like the other Dynasty Warriors, with a skill-tree system that lets you have some choice in which of your characters' abilities you unlock first (limited to their tree, fully unlocked at max level 50). And related to the unlocking, your leveling up in Free Mode and any weapons/horses you get carry into and out of your campaigns, even if you've saved midway into one. So you could level up on easier maps and return to a hard campaign level to finish it up.

I have had several annoyances here and there. First thing: Hu Lao Gate should not be attempted until you've gotten a little practice with the game. Yellow Turban Rebellion is the first chronologically, generally has easy enemies, and is a good starting point to learn the game and level up. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll probably throw a controller after dying in one hit to Lu Bu, especially when the (censored) manages to sneak up behind you when he arrives.

If you liked the other Warriors series, it's probably a good buy. If you have a friend to play with, it might even make it more fun (co-op only, no teamkilling/competitive). If you're an achievement hunter, this will take you a good while, probably 2 months or more depending on your daily tolerance (particularly for maxing out the levels of all 41 characters).

Nerdz0r
12-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Trust me man, if you loved the good ol' DW on PS2 you'll love this one.
I got it on release date and still play it now and again.

EthanHunt
12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
It's worth 100$. :woop: