PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Season 2 New Features

OneSweetShannon
11-21-2009, 04:11 AM
So far I see mostly just big plusses --

* Achievements!
* Unlockable dance moves
* Leveling up (up to level 50)
* Crowd is obviously in the crowd, no background like the Mob, which was confusing in Season 1
* I like the standings presentation after each round, with the pedestals and all
* The badges/awards/whatever they are

Possible negative -- is it just me, or is there less time to get an instant answer? It seems I have to answer a lot faster and miss getting the instant answer bonus a lot more often, when I thought I should have gotten it.

TheVoidRose
11-21-2009, 06:28 AM
* Achievements, always awesome to have. They are not TOO hard, but seam worth working to. But what will happen when season 2 ends and you did not get them all?

*Dance moves, New dances? Gotta have 'em all!

*Leveling up, Makes me want to play a lot more. I like having high levels.

*Less confusing crowd. Perfect, I was so lost Beta Season.

D.A.N.
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I actually think the window for an instant answer is bigger, if not then the same. Sometimes when I'm not trying to get an instant answer, I'll get one. In the beta I remember having to rush to get it all the time.

I enjoy:

- Achievements
- Leveling
- Unlocking snazzy dance moves
- The competitive, fun aspect being enhanced by end-game stats
- Badges
- Solid schedule for categories and what kind of stuff is being asked. It wasn't like this from the start of the beta.
- General look of the stage is a lot more sparkly.

One thing I don't like is that they took out the little sub-stat categories between rounds like answer speed, accuracy, etc. Also, I think since the statistics are updated faster, they should just stop calling the commercials "stat breaks." Just be honest and say "and now, a word from our sponsors." Because you can see the stats and the top players just by pressing back.

Seiryu
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
So far I see mostly just big plusses
Possible negative -- is it just me, or is there less time to get an instant answer? It seems I have to answer a lot faster and miss getting the instant answer bonus a lot more often, when I thought I should have gotten it.

I don't know if the window is larger or smaller, but at least now it is more understandable. In the beta instant answers seemed random some times, like when someone in my group and I would both answer at what looked like the exact same time, but one of us would get an instant answer and the other wouldn't.

Now it's a lot more simple to get an instant answer, you just have to answer less than 1 second after the answer is shown.

Another new thing you left off (though in only affects The One) is the fact that they changed one of the helps. Now instead of "Trust the Brain" which took the answer of the #1 score in the game it is now "Trust the Top 10", taking the most popular answer amongst the top 10 scores in the game. I'd say that is a nice change since Trust the Brain was kind of useless, but it's not like I'm ever going to be The One and get to use it anyway.

mjc0961
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Another new thing you left off (though in only affects The One) is the fact that they changed one of the helps. Now instead of "Trust the Brain" which took the answer of the #1 score in the game it is now "Trust the Top 10", taking the most popular answer amongst the top 10 scores in the game. I'd say that is a nice change since Trust the Brain was kind of useless, but it's not like I'm ever going to be The One and get to use it anyway. That's good. Most of the time when I saw The One use that help in the beta, they ended up losing because of it. :p

Pucca Princess
11-21-2009, 06:34 PM

I noticed that straight away - usually I am pretty quick but I had a few quick answers that were not instant :confused: Makes it harder to get good scores. I also think it's less time to answer, but that's a good thing to me (I answer quick, even if I have no idea what the answer could be).

I'm glad they got rid of trust the brain, and its now the top ten. I do remember the brain getting the easiet question wrong in the UK's last season 1 show (even the presenter laughed at it!) so I think top 10 is a better lifeline.

And I am loving the new dances! Good to do them in the adverts...well when it doesn't crash that is!

I also like the new categories for extended play, seems to be one for everyone.

Oh and achievements. After all, who doesn't like achievements? ;) :p

davhth4
11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Can someone tell me how to get the streak medal? It seems the only medal thing I need.

IEvil IMonkey
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Its all good apart from my 25 CORRECT ANSWERS achieve didnt unlock last night (maybe due to all the freezing problems) but having just got the 100 CORRECT ANSWERS achievement I dont see how im gonna get this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Fantasm
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Not entirely convinced by extended play again yet. The questions seemed heavily focused upon musicals and wrestling for some bizarre reason when I played. Although all the new features seem to be working well as far as I've experienced. No crashes whilst playing today as well, which is a bonus.

Pucca Princess
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Can someone tell me how to get the streak medal? It seems the only medal thing I need.

The streak medal that is in the game, not the achievement? You get it for having 10 or more correct answers in a row :)

Jabbawocky
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Not entirely convinced by extended play again yet. The questions seemed heavily focused upon musicals and wrestling for some bizarre reason when I played. Although all the new features seem to be working well as far as I've experienced. No crashes whilst playing today as well, which is a bonus.

Extended play is usually themed which means the questions focus on a certain area. This Friday for example will be movies.

Red Testament
11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm loving all the new features. I had no idea that there were achievements this season until I locked my first one. Now, all I need is the 500 question one. I managed to get the 6 Instant Answer one last night. Thankfully the first questions are easy, lol.

fishy74
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM

really? I got so many comic book questions I thought Stan Lee was gonna jump out my tv.

the topic was supposed to be general trivia

Lechig
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Might be me but when I join I am always on my own, and no random people join, have they changed this feature.

Apart from that it is loads better.

purefuzz
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I think most of the changes are good, but I don't like the fact that during adverts, (sorry I mean stat breaks ;)) you can't see any info on how your doing in the current round.
I also noticed shit loads of wrestling questions in a general knowledge quiz, I was suprised how many of them I got right since I don't like wrestling:woop:

Red Testament
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Might be me but when I join I am always on my own, and no random people join, have they changed this feature.

Apart from that it is loads better.

Yeah, I've noticed that two. I've played every night since it came back and I've only had two teammates.

Pucca Princess
11-23-2009, 09:46 AM
I also noticed shit loads of wrestling questions in a general knowledge quiz, I was suprised how many of them I got right since I don't like wrestling:woop:

I noticed that too, but luckily I used to watch wrestling as a kid and knew most of the answers. Also a lot of musical ones last night in the general knowledge (and pretty much ruined my accuracy sadly :().

I think they need to mix the questions more (there is more to general knowledge than wrestling after all). But at least the crashing has stopped for me :)

Oh, and as for the random people joining thing - I seem to be the opposite of you guys. When I start a game on my own, I always have 3 teammates within a minute. Not sure how that happens. :confused:

Epic Awesomeness
11-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I Like The Fact That Not Everybody Looks Like A Default Avatar In The audience :)

Jemocasa
11-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I also miss being able to see how you're doing in the round in terms of accuracy, streak status, what you're current score is. I hate that when they go to stat break they take your score off the screen at the top.

Luna Saisho
11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
If you want something resembling the old stats box, hold RT at almost any point in the game, and you will get your stats. It's not quite as complete as before, but gives you the important information that you're unhappy that you thought was gone.

All these problems and such, I just don't get it. Yes, many are themed, but it will now clearly say what the theme is under the crowd, with "General Trivia" being a non themed game. If it's themed, every single question will be on that theme. If it's not, they seem to like to choose something that's popular for that 1/2 hour

I generally play in a XBL party of 3 or 4 people, and if there are open slots, someone will almost always come in to fill it, I've seen. It doesn't always happen right away, but it does happen.

Things I like about it....

* Leveling up and unlocking dances, it's just fun
* The new "studio" is much more like the real TV show, and the extended play is nicer
* I like how it tells you how long it took you and others to answer
* I also love how the rest of the crowd isn't just default looking avvys. I saw the Penny Arcade pac man shirt on someone. ^_^

I don't quite get the bonus question dealie... It is just extra points you get for getting it right? I would think a bonus Q wouldn't count against your streak if you get it wrong, but it does...

Overall, I'm really happy with what they did to it. It's obvious they care, and were very creative!

Jabbawocky
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok I now see what you mean by narrow question range. I played the video game themed one and it seemed to be based arounf three certain elements. What level do you get X in World of Warcraft, Halo and When\Where was this developer born.