PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!!!!!!!! UPlay erased my F'ing game!!

space_monkee69
11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
OMG I could kill someone!!! so i just finished the BLEEDING EFFECT which as much as i can figure is roughly halfway through the game. I then went to UPlay and unlocked the extra throwing knives reward and exited back to the menu to get back to the game. When i tried to continue my campaign, my save was non existant!!! not even a corrupt save....its like i never played the game!!!! SSSOOOOO pissed considering i had 60+ feathers and my villa at 78% completed, all gone....AAARRRGGGG

Pr0ph3cy
11-22-2009, 02:04 AM
rofl oh well

Dz06lt
11-22-2009, 02:33 AM
in what way did it do this?

space_monkee69
11-22-2009, 04:21 AM
in what way did it do this?

not sure....all i know is that after unlocking the reward, it took about a full minute "loading" back to the menu screen. I was considerably longer than when i had unlocked the other rewards. when i backed out to the ingame menu, my save was gone. that was the only thing i did before returning to the game.....pretty fucked up glitch. was wondering if anyone else's save was deleted or had any issues when they unlocked the bonus knife pack.....

creaturax
11-22-2009, 04:39 AM
not sure....all i know is that after unlocking the reward, it took about a full minute "loading" back to the menu screen. I was considerably longer than when i had unlocked the other rewards. when i backed out to the ingame menu, my save was gone. that was the only thing i did before returning to the game.....pretty fucked up glitch. was wondering if anyone else's save was deleted or had any issues when they unlocked the bonus knife pack.....

i havnt gone to that uplay thing yet. ill do it after i finish the game and let you know then.

space_monkee69
11-22-2009, 04:41 AM
i havnt gone to that uplay thing yet. ill do it after i finish the game and let you know then.

make sure to back up your save first

D4B0MB1N4T10N
11-22-2009, 06:52 AM
yeah, havent heard anything else happening like that. so im not really too sure what to make of this, yet. if it becomes more consistent, then Ubi has a problem on their hands that needs fixing.

otherwise, 1 in xxxxxxx glitch that couldnt have been expected???

Dusk Firewall
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I had a strange glitch, played non-stop to the part where you become an assassin (Im much further now of course) But my achievements stopped unlocking after enter the animus 2.0 and it cut my save there, strange. No U-Play problems though..

r2001uk
11-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm not as far as getting the Bleeding Effect achievement yet, but I did come out of my game last night and go into UPlay to unlock the extra throwing knives. Went back into my game to check and it was fine.

I'm at the Tuscany bit where you have to find 4 or 5 associates of one of the main bad guys and take them out, I had 1 or 2 left to kill when I called it a night.

Envy Sessha
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Hmmm; I've been in and out of UPlay plenty of times and not once has this happened - on a side note; you can't even get 60+ feathers at that point of he game either. The max you can get before that section is 54, unless you played through the first part of Venice before saving and exiting to enter UPlay

Not saying I don't believe any part of your story of course ;)

space_monkee69
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
The max you can get before that section is 54

Not saying I don't believe any part of your story of course ;)

actually after the Bleeding achv. you can get more than just 54 feathers ....besides what do I have to gain for lying. Was just letn others know to be careful is all

Spartan EXR
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Happened to me too...

Dz06lt
11-23-2009, 12:48 AM
well i guess ill be staying away fromt Uplay

WarGod3
11-23-2009, 01:19 AM
does it do it on every thing on uplay?

space_monkee69
11-23-2009, 02:02 AM
does it do it on every thing on uplay?

it only happened to me after i unlocked the Knife upgrade. I had unlocked the theme and extra map before that, i still had my game save after those times...

BIGMIKEWWE1
11-23-2009, 02:20 AM
damn that crazy

WarGod3
11-23-2009, 10:21 AM
it only happened to me after i unlocked the Knife upgrade. I had unlocked the theme and extra map before that, i still had my game save after those times...
i defo not geting the Knife upgrades then or any thing like that

metallicorphan
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
damn....its a good job i am (for some reason)unable to sign into my Ubisoft account

ch9209live
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM

i bought all of them and my save wasn't deleted, but i were finished story already, so maybe that's why? someone could do start new one and play so long that tehy can buy upgrade and then try thisl.

Killerchronic
11-23-2009, 10:43 PM
@ch9209live try reading the thread first...

I'm not as far as getting the Bleeding Effect achievement yet, but I did come out of my game last night and go into UPlay to unlock the extra throwing knives. Went back into my game to check and it was fine.

I'm at the Tuscany bit where you have to find 4 or 5 associates of one of the main bad guys and take them out, I had 1 or 2 left to kill when I called it a night.

;)

X nosgoth X
11-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Pardon the possibly idiotic question, but is Uplay only available in certain regions or something?

I'm in Europe but both the in-game Uplay menu and the website won't allow for me to purchase any of these things. I have all the achievements for this game but Uplay tells me the store is 'Coming Soon'.

Yet people on this forum seem to have already redeemed things?

Richkat
11-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Pardon the possibly idiotic question, but is Uplay only available in certain regions or something?

I'm in Europe but both the in-game Uplay menu and the website won't allow for me to purchase any of these things. I have all the achievements for this game but Uplay tells me the store is 'Coming Soon'.

Yet people on this forum seem to have already redeemed things?

You don't buy it from the "Store" it's "Win" on the file menu.

X nosgoth X
11-24-2009, 12:47 AM
You don't buy it from the "Store" it's "Win" on the file menu.

That was obvious enough. Thanks for pointing it out.

Mr.Ballwasher
11-24-2009, 01:19 AM
OMG I could kill someone!!! so i just finished the BLEEDING EFFECT which as much as i can figure is roughly halfway through the game. I then went to UPlay and unlocked the extra throwing knives reward and exited back to the menu to get back to the game. When i tried to continue my campaign, my save was non existant!!! not even a corrupt save....its like i never played the game!!!! SSSOOOOO pissed considering i had 60+ feathers and my villa at 78% completed, all gone....AAARRRGGGG
.....hahahahahaha that's funny.i hope you get to the end of the game next time and you get the 3 red rings and can't play any games for a few weeks.that would be great.hahahahaha

jules the great
11-24-2009, 02:04 AM
yeeeeeeaahhh i wont be on uplay anytime soon while Im actually going thru the game. Thanx for the heads up man.