View Full Version : Achievement Guide

killerc0P
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
My guide to the DLC for The Zombie Island of Dr Ned

http://www.el33tonline.com/images/cache/8842.JPG

Road Map

Overview
Estimated achievement difficulty: 2
Estimated time for 125gs - 2-3 hours depending on amount of players and the level of the players
Minimum playthroughs: 1
Missable achievements: None
Glitched achievements: There has been growing reports that playing through this with a co-op partner can cause the achievements to not pop correctly. However I went through with a friend and we had no problems. Make sure both of you have downloaded the DLC and start at the same point is all I can suggest. There have been no reports of problems playing solo.
Offline: 5 (125)
Online: 0 (0)
Cheats disable achievements: ?

To start the DLC (after you have downloaded it) go into one of your playthroughs (doesn't matter which one) Go up to a new u station and teleport to Jakkobs Cove that is at the very bottom of the list.

The DLC does not take very long maybe 2 - 3 hours and I would recommend that you be at least a Level 35 before attempting it. I started this afternoon with a friend we were both a level 50 and pretty much ran through killing the zombies/bosses very easily.
(I wont spoil the story based achievements as they are self explanatory and very straight forward and cannot be missed (the story is also hilarious)

PLEASE NOTE

At first do not collect any brains that the zombies drop after a head shot until you have spoken to TK who is located in the hallows at the most South Westerly point (just below where you kill Pumpkin Head)
Goto the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains" achievement for more info.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/BP/YU/04CLiGJhbC83CxoEGlxTVkU3L2FjaC8wLzFDAAAAAOfn5-w79hg=.jpg House Of The Ned - 25gs

This achievement will unlock once you have completed the first mission.

Note -
This will generate a lot of brains but do not pick them up until you have spoken to TK. (see Braaaains for more info)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/IM/YQ/14CLiGJhbC9ACRoEGlxTVkU3L2FjaC8wLzM0AAAAAOfn5-g-xjw=.jpg Jakobs Fodder - 25gs

Story related and cannot be missed.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/sz/7w/1oCLiGJhbC9BCRoEGlxTVkU3L2FjaC8wLzM1AAAAAOfn5-nfPq8=.jpg Night Of The Living Ned - 1gs (secret)

Story related cannot be missed

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Bj/fR/1ICLiGJhbC9CCRoEGlxTVkU3L2FjaC8wLzM2AAAAAOfn5-v+Nxo=.jpg Ned's Undead Baby - 49gs (secret)

Story related cannot be missed

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/lc/8x/1YCLiGJhbC9DCRoEGlxTVkU3L2FjaC8wLzM3AAAAAOfn5-oez4k=.jpg Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! - 25gs

This achievement will take the longest to complete but can be done whilst completing other missions. Also if you have more than one player all players can collect towards the total this will make it far easier and quicker.
To activate this misson you have to take TK's wooden leg to his new "zombiefied self" His leg is located on a porch at the south west of the map in Hallows End once you have this in your possesion go into the buiding you found the leg on and give it to zombie TK.
He will then give you the missions to collect zombie brains to feed TK.
1. Collect 10 Brains
2. Collect 25 Brains
3. Collect 50 Brains
4. Collect 100 Brains
5. Collect 250 Brains
To get the zombies to drop a brain upon death try to kill them by a head shot I found using a shotgun and aiming point blank in their face worked best, as opposed to using a sniper rifle.
After collecting each stage you have to return to TK who will eat the brains in front of you and then puke up a collectable as a reward. (I received a guns, shields, and a hunter mod but its probably random)

My friend and I messed up as we collected probably 200 brains before speaking to TK and all of the 200 did not count and we had to start again.

Claptrap Guide all credit goes to ZYM0T1C who created this awesome guide.

The Claptrap is located near the end of the lumber yard on the upper area next to a giant log on a conveyor.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs076.snc3/14332_1063421841538_1705762298_129803_8227626_n.jp g

Looking on the map here the Claptrap is the diamond marker and my arrow is the location of the tool box.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs056.snc3/14332_1063421961541_1705762298_129804_7836433_n.jp g

The tool box is on the backside of the giant pile of logs.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs056.snc3/14332_1063422041543_1705762298_129805_2589657_n.jp g

After rescue the Claptrap feeds the log into the building then goes around the corner and a gun box comes out.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs076.snc3/14332_1063421601532_1705762298_129802_3428693_n.jp g

Nozza XBA
11-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks for getting the guide up so quick. Im getting this tonight, so at least now I know what to do/look out for. I saw that there were some more secret chieves..is this true or are all of the above it?

TheToiletBrush
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
The ones listed above include the secret ones.

Hawkzilla22
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
awesome, cheers man!

killerc0P
11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for getting the guide up so quick. Im getting this tonight, so at least now I know what to do/look out for. I saw that there were some more secret chieves..is this true or are all of the above it?

No worries all the achievements are included the 1 point and 49 point ones are the secret ones.

squid5580
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
So it is safe to play? No unlocks but doesn't show up forcing a GT recovery? It's a christmas miracle.

killerc0P
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
So it is safe to play? No unlocks but doesn't show up forcing a GT recovery? It's a christmas miracle.

Yeah I've unlocked them and they are showing at xbox.com.

Can a Mod sticky this please. Cheers

OptimusPrime76
11-24-2009, 04:51 PM
This is gonna sound like a stupid question but I had to ask. Currently my main character is at level 40. Will XP earned in the DLC count towards my achievement for getting to level 50, i'm sure it most likely will do.

Cheers

TheToiletBrush
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Yep, since you are at 40 you should get a bunch of exp.

Nozza XBA
11-24-2009, 05:07 PM
The ones listed above include the secret ones.

Thats kl.. Its just I saw another thread with a fair few more on the secret list I think, so was wondering.. but if this is all of them then at least I can keep my game at 100%

Filter x360a
11-24-2009, 05:48 PM
A very simple guide for a very simple DLC. Honestly, I don't really see the need for a guide except for some notes on the Braaaaaaaaaaaaains achievement, but I'm sure someone out there will have questions and make use of this.

Sirius
11-24-2009, 06:25 PM
i kinda just want the 1 point achievement to fix my gamerscore :/

killerc0P
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
A very simple guide for a very simple DLC. Honestly, I don't really see the need for a guide except for some notes on the Braaaaaaaaaaaaains achievement, but I'm sure someone out there will have questions and make use of this.

Thanks for the positive input at least I took the time to put one together.
Are the rest of your 1051 posts this informative.
There are always people that would like a guide, that is why I put one together as nobody else had completed one.

Richie Sambuca
11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
There are always people that would like a guide, that is why I put one together as nobody else had completed one.

I think you've got a fine guide here. Besides, it gave me something to read at work while I'm wishing I were home mopping up zombie brains.

Filter x360a
11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the positive input at least I took the time to put one together.
Are the rest of your 1051 posts this informative.

Um, I was being positive. Just because I didn't jump up and down and praise you doesn't mean I thought it was terrible either. I said I'm sure there will be people with questions who find it useful. If I wanted to be a dick I could have slagged it off and said it was rubbish...But I didn't. I merely gave my opinion and added that someone would find it useful.

Maybe next time actually read a post and try to take something positive away from it instead of dwelling on what might seem to be negative, but was not intended as such.

If you want constructive criticism, given the guide is so short, I'd elaborate on the missions and what's required to complete them so people have an idea before they get into it...Looks better than "Story Related - Cannot be missed."

ExtremeGixxr
11-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the guide,it helps.............now I gatta do 100% again,lol :),least its less time.

GhOsT I RiDeR
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Whats the highest levels the zombies get to? cuz im 40 and was hoping to level up a lot not just run through it

MikehW
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Ahh Bugger!

Just as I 1k it there are now more to earn! Ahh well, best get installing it!

The Bum-Mobile
11-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Love the Pulp Fiction reference. :D Those are getting more prominent! First Royale with Cheese then Ned's Undead Baby.

iFester
11-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Many thanks for the work put into this. I couldn't figure out why the brains one wasn't showing up in the bounty board. I'll have to look for it now. Got everything else done in about 2 hours.

MarioToo
11-25-2009, 01:21 AM
i thought this was an excellent guide, and very pleased that it was up so quickly. tyvm, as it was the single reason why i was able to complete this in one day. i couldn't figure out the braaaaains cheevo to save my life. thanks again. 100% again. yay

MarioToo
11-25-2009, 01:23 AM
oh, and you might want to edit so it says that the house where you find t.k.'s leg IS the house he is in. I must've looked at every house in the area wandering why i couldn't find it for 15 min before i realized. lol. anyway, great guide.

killerc0P
11-25-2009, 02:16 AM
oh, and you might want to edit so it says that the house where you find t.k.'s leg IS the house he is in. I must've looked at every house in the area wandering why i couldn't find it for 15 min before i realized. lol. anyway, great guide.

Sorry about that I've changed it in the guide now. Cheers :drunk

TheToiletBrush
11-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Ned's Undead Baby isn't for the mission: "It's Alive" is it?

A 2rue boofer
11-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Nice Guide I am about to play the DLC and I can't wait.

Quick effect
11-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the guide its great and awesome Work, Good JOB :)

ssgoku2425
11-25-2009, 04:13 AM
thanx for the guide man. one question say if i collect some braaaains but do not complete the mission and beat the dlc, will i still be able to continue off from where i left off?

Quick effect
11-25-2009, 04:36 AM
thanx for the guide man. one question say if i collect some braaaains but do not complete the mission and beat the dlc, will i still be able to continue off from where i left off?

I just finish the DLC, u should have the mission TK after that just collect 10 then 25 then 50 then 100 after u finish this 4 u can collect the 250 with doing the missions i hope thats i answer ur question.

ssgoku2425
11-25-2009, 04:52 AM
most definitley. thank you for your help quick effect.

Kyai
11-25-2009, 04:58 AM

I was on the 250 brains mission and finished it after I beat the DLC story. If that's what you're asking.

Iv AJay vI
11-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Nice.. I plan to pick this up within the next couple days, and it'll help when I get that far. Can't wait to play this again =]

Kioku
11-25-2009, 06:52 AM
It figures that I might get a glitched achievement. lol I was playing with a friend and the Jacob Fadder popped for him but not me. lol I'm gonna try to replay the DLC on the 1st playthrough and see if it'll pop. I was playing on my 2nd to lvl up to 50.

MarioToo
11-25-2009, 08:23 AM
i had the same thing happen. i think it was because i never finished the main story in playthrough 2. or maybe it was because i joined late. he had already activated the turrets and was on his way to find dr. ned.anyway, i just started up a new game of my own, he joined immediately in the lobby and helped me go through it again. easy peasy.

Hawkzilla22
11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
finished it last night, its not bad, but not worth 800ms.

its a bit glitchy if you play with people who don't have the dlc. i made a new character for a playthrough with some friends who recently got the game, and it kept popping up about the turrets and welcome etc, but on the mission screen it just said ineligible. what i also found was that i couldn't interact with any in world mission ends, like tk baha or the bounty board. maybe it was because i wasn't hosting, but it seems to be a problem.

overall 6/10 for the dlc though, too easy and short, but interesting missions (especially zombie old haven)

doomedtolive
11-25-2009, 01:54 PM
not sure how many people you actually asked, but putting none for glitched achieves is wrong. I imported my friend's GT since he wanted the cheivos and we played through it. I got the ones for ned's house, fodder, and braains, and he got the two secret ones.... THEN, he tried to see if he could play my dlc by himself and all of his that skipped originally popped. I tried the same thing and nada. I played back through, killing Ned Again! and still nothing. and yes, this was on a seperate character. It actually corrupted my lvl 46 Brick and pissed me off extremely. This expansion has personally killed my love for the game and no effin necromancer or mortician can bring it back. freakin zombies....

funman
11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Dumb questine but where the neck do you play this! I have downloaded but i can find where to go to play it!

SimDaddyGT
11-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Once you download it, when you go to select your character, you should receive a pop-up saying that Zombie Island was installed. Then, go to a teleporter, and it should be the last location at the bottom.

I think it's called Jakob's Cove. Someone correct it if I'm wrong.

funman
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Once you download it, when you go to select your character, you should receive a pop-up saying that Zombie Island was installed. Then, go to a teleporter, and it should be the last location at the bottom.

I think it's called Jakob's Cove. Someone correct it if I'm wrong.

Ok thank you will check when i get home, maybe i just over looked it!

Filter x360a
11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
i had the same thing happen. i think it was because i never finished the main story in playthrough 2. or maybe it was because i joined late. he had already activated the turrets and was on his way to find dr. ned.anyway, i just started up a new game of my own, he joined immediately in the lobby and helped me go through it again. easy peasy.

Its not because you didn't finish play through 2, I didn't finish this as well and had no problem getting all of the achievements.

Xylon Uxkid
11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
The brains quests are driving me crazy...I thought the last one was the "collect 50"...*sigh*

appare13
11-26-2009, 08:21 AM
The time you need to finish the dlc is somewhat influenced by your own char-level and progress in the game.
If you enter with a level 50 char that hasn`t finished playthrough 2, the zombies will be about level 42-44.
With a char that HAS finished playthrough 2, your enemies will be level 50+.

aussiestatic
11-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I know its being picky but can you include how to initiate the dlc. I know it seems pretty obvious to some people but for others it might not be.

killerc0P
11-26-2009, 07:56 PM
I know its being picky but can you include how to initiate the dlc. I know it seems pretty obvious to some people but for others it might not be.

No worries guide has been updated.

The Harlequinade
11-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I know this has probably been asked, but where do you get the Brains quest?

ReaLiStiiC
11-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey good job on the DLC for Borderlands. I didnt have a chance to do it since My xbox broke so I went and bought a new arcade and didnt have money to go and buy points lol.

Greatest Rush
11-27-2009, 03:30 AM
thanks for the post. helped me out with braaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!!

Behrd
11-27-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm having trouble turning in the House of Ned mission. I see his "tree house", but I can't get up there. I see what looks like an elevator to take me up there, but it doesn't work. Did I do something wrong, or did the game screw up?

Edit: Nevermind, the lever wasn't glowing for me at first. I found it and finally got past the part.

xxShabutiexx
11-27-2009, 03:56 AM
im playing with a buddy splitscreen and its givin him the achievements but not me and im the one who downloaded zombie island!!!:(

aussiegamer
11-27-2009, 04:03 AM
I have the best gun in this game..

Dark orange, 290 damage x9, all elements, unlimited ammo consumption so I would run through this DLC with ease. Not going to waste my money on something that would be so easy.

xhunterrrr
11-27-2009, 07:29 AM
I have the best gun in this game..

Dark orange, 290 damage x9, all elements, unlimited ammo consumption so I would run through this DLC with ease. Not going to waste my money on something that would be so easy.

First, that sounds very much like a modded weapon.

Second, the DLC isn't about ease, it is about the storyline. I am level 50 fighting these level 42 zombies and killing them in 1 - 2 shots. However, the storyline is really what this is about.

Third, it is not like fighting anything level 50 after a second playthrough with that weapon will be hard. It will basically kill everything instantly.

killerc0P
11-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I know this has probably been asked, but where do you get the Brains quest?

did you read the guide ??? its at the bottom under .the "braaaains" achievement

KillerBEA
11-28-2009, 02:44 AM
thank you so much for having this guide so quick so i can keep my completion. Too bad about TK he was funny

rotorschnee
11-28-2009, 06:11 AM
not sure how many people you actually asked, but putting none for glitched achieves is wrong. I imported my friend's GT since he wanted the cheivos and we played through it. I got the ones for ned's house, fodder, and braains, and he got the two secret ones.... THEN, he tried to see if he could play my dlc by himself and all of his that skipped originally popped. I tried the same thing and nada. I played back through, killing Ned Again! and still nothing. and yes, this was on a seperate character. It actually corrupted my lvl 46 Brick and pissed me off extremely. This expansion has personally killed my love for the game and no effin necromancer or mortician can bring it back. freakin zombies....

Girlfriend and I booted in the game. She finished her first play through but didn;t start her second. I was on my second. We played through and boom, she gets the first achievement and not me. I am like, ok, what the crap. So we log off, I log back in, boot up my second play through go thru, get to Ned and then.. nothing.

Ok, I was about to freak out. But I logged off, logged back in with my same character through playerthrough one, and as soon as I logged in, the achievement popped up.

Weird.

Leedo4tL
11-28-2009, 06:40 AM

I'm not as passionately irritated as this dude, but i agree that ALL of the achievements are glitched. I went through with a friend and i was able to get house of ned, braaaaaaaaains, and the 2 secret achievements but no fodder achievement, whereas he got the fodder achievement and nothing else.

DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS WITH A PARTNER. JUS SOLO TO PLAY IT SAFE

killerc0P
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I have updated the guide saying that there has been growing reports of problems with the achievements playing coop however I never had any problems with my friend.

SPARTANxx3xx
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
so i need some help after i kill the finally boss and on the right of my screen it says TURN IN!!! but on my map theirs no diamond and i want back to the clap trap no one wants this mission help. o and i cant start a new mission well at least the way point diamond dose not show up.

DizzV2
11-29-2009, 01:47 AM
If anyone wants to go for the 250 brains achievement send me a Friend Request.

GT: DIZZ FM

Joseph0714
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry if this is stupid but...
Can I get the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains" Challenge right after I start the DLC or do I have to finish some missions before I can go to to get the challenge? Right now I'm on the "Is The Doctor In?" mission...

EDIT: Nevermind I found it... sorry.

akiri
11-29-2009, 07:50 PM
if anyone wants to do braiiiinnns add
gt: akiri

SixtyeightState
11-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the guide, planning to knock these out ASAP.

Cheers.

ofay
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Whats the highest levels the zombies get to? cuz im 40 and was hoping to level up a lot not just run through it
I am level 50 and my zombies have been the same

Mibuwolf57
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I am level 50 and my zombies have been the same

If you've completed the 2nd playthru and are at level 50, you can do the DLC on the first playthru. The zombies will be at level 36 or so.

I had already completed the DLC on my 2nd playthru world with my lvl 50 hunter with my friends; and decided to go at it again, solo, with my lvl 50 Siren on the first playthru. Knocked it out in about 3 hrs.

Either which way, there really isn't anything worthwhile lootwise, even with 4 people at lvl 50 on the 2nd playthru world.

I would just run it through for the story and missions on the 1st playthru world.

bigdaddykarz
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you for the guide , i just beat the DLC yesterday and now i am going back in today to do the Brains achievement. ( I didn't know about it untill i read your guide so Thanks again.)

Mark

domn8rdom
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
nice might have to pick this up...great guide

ScuzzyBunny FTN
12-01-2009, 04:57 AM
You might want to add in your guide that there is at least one claptrap mission, which, depending on how lucky you are, can get you up to 48 inv slots (2nd playthrough gives 1 extra from time to time). The location is right before you travel to "The Mill"...if you are at the entrance (where you push X) and are looking at it, the claptrap is directly to your right, up against the side of the Mill building. The repair kit is on the logs (jump to top, then down other side).

Angel Fire 42
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Played through by myself the first time, had no problems. Played with a friend later and he had no problems with the chevos. So can't help you guys there
BUT I read no where here about A CLAPTRAP in the saw mill that you save and get more slots for your backpack. Anyone know of this??????????

McKaystyles
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
can i go from lvl 48 to lvl 50 with this dlc?

killerc0P
12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
can i go from lvl 48 to lvl 50 with this dlc?

Yeah the ranking system is the same. But with the extra missions you get a lot of XP for completing the DLC. Probably very easy to rank from a 48 to a 50.

bigdaddykarz
12-03-2009, 02:25 AM
Ok i finished the Brains achievement and evanthough it is quite tedious it is pretty simple to do.
Just use a high powered shotgun and blast them in the head. There are enough zombies in the Hallows End to get you the 10 , 25 , 50 , 100 but to score 250 brains you will need to leave the Hallows End so i suggest going back to Dead Haven and scoring the 250 brains there. (you will rack up brains here faster than anywhere else.)

For the guy having trouble with the House of the Ned just go to the right hand side of the elevator and use the call box to get Ned to send down the elevator , just be preparred to fight off large waves of zombies untill the elvator comes down and than take the elevator up and go to the right of the house and into the door talk to Ned and the achievement will be unlocked.

I hope that helps you out.

By the way the clap trap is in the saw mill area and finding his repair kit is a little tricky since it is a little hard to get on top of the logs. ( use the slanted log and run and jump on it once on walk slowly up to the top if you go to fast you will fall off and have to start over. Once at the top turn right and jump down to the repair kit.)
After you repair the clap trap he will activate the saw mill and a couple of logs will go in and out from a side window will come a loot box. The guns it contains are so so mine at the time were stronger so i just sold them.

Mark

Dragon658
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to say I think you should add if anyone else can confirm that you do not need to be level X to play this DLC I am fairly confident that the Zombies match your level (Playthrough), as I am playing with a level 18 Siren and wanted to see if I could kill these level 30 odd Zombies and net some major exp that everyone was talking about but the Zombies are only level 15 on my game.

Cheers
D

killerc0P
12-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Guide updated with claptrap location and pictures. Credit to ZYM0T1C who created the guide.

samjustsam
12-08-2009, 09:51 PM
thanx for the guide. now i know where to find the braaaaaains mission so i can get the chievo for it. and thanx for the claptrap rescue info as well!:drunk

Iv AJay vI
12-09-2009, 09:04 AM
This guide is great. I just finished the DLC. The Brains, and ClapTrap additions were VERY helpful.

Sha
12-10-2009, 07:53 AM
There has been growing reports that playing through this with a co-op partner can cause the achievements to not pop correctly. However I went through with a friend and we had no problems. Make sure both of you have downloaded the DLC and start at the same point is all I can suggest.

This happened to us too, the first 2 achievements (House of the Ned and Jakobs Fodder) popped fine for me, but my friend didn't get them, we've been playing together since lvl 1 ...splitscreen on my xbox, so I don't think it has anything to do with making sure you start at the same point or making sure both people have the DLC.

SmoothedCookie
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Me and my freind played this DLC on the same console, same as above, we've been playing it since I got the game, on splitscreen, and when we finished it, he got the two acheivements for killing Ned and I didn't, is there anyway to fix this without having to do it again with another character? Because I really don't want to sit and get another character to level 30 to do this again, anyone's help would be greatly appreciated thanks

EDIT:

Nevermind, they just randomly popped

Sha
12-11-2009, 09:05 AM
They did? Just like that or were you doing anything special? Did you finish any other achievements first?

b2daq
12-16-2009, 02:04 AM
this was the only one that had me puzzled because it wasnt on the bounty board! thanks for the info guys!!!!

Evil Blanka
12-16-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for the guide ive just 1000g the main game and am getting this v soon

MelangeAddict
12-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Bloody hell! I wish I had looked over this guide first so I wouldn't have picked up all those fine zombie brains. Now I know that I have to hunt out the Braaaaaains mission, thought it'd be a Bounty Mission pop up at some point.

obehave_wan
12-18-2009, 07:00 PM
The DLC does not take very long maybe 2 - 3 hours and I would recommend that you be at least a Level 35 before attempting it. I started this afternoon with a friend we were both a level 50 and pretty much ran through killing the zombies/bosses very easily.

The level of the enemies in the DLC is scaled to how far you have gotten in the storyline of the main game. So for example, if you have just beaten the game on your first playthrough, the enemies in the DLC will be around levels 30-35. If you have beaten the second playthrough, the DLC enemies will be around level 50. They are NOT scaled to the level you are currently at.

Also, it should probably be mentioned that you can't Fast Travel to Jakobs Cove before unlocking the ability to Fast Travel on your first playthough. If you're on your second playthrough, and you haven't played the mission that unlocks Fast Traveling (Powering the Fast Travel Network), you will still be able to Fast Travel to Jakobs Cove.

xtye
12-19-2009, 03:23 AM
The Brains part will help a lot. Its the last achievement I need.

emoxic
12-21-2009, 05:27 AM
Two of the achievements have been glitchy for me with a friend on co-op split screen. Same situation as SmoothedCookie. I still don't have Jakob's Fodder and Night Of The Living Ned, and my partner didn't get the Ned's Undead. He reloaded the game later (single player), and it popped for him.
edit: they popped when i loaded into jakob's cove. i don't think i had before. try that if its giving you trouble. or fast travel into it.

(thanks on where to pick up the braaaaaaaaains quest, we'd just been picking them up wondering what to do with them. derp!)

Ominator1
12-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Has anyone had an issue where you can't open the door in dead haven, the switch does nothing. I also have the quest for the lumber yard but the switch is still red so I can't go through. ugh!

And to add to those, It's Alive shows up twice and "The might be some side effects" doesn't allow me to turn in even though it's complete.

Figured out why the door wasn't ready to open. I tried to do it's alive before getting the "Secrets and Mysteries" quest which allowed me to open the door.

Is this the same issue with why the lumber yard switch is red??

SWAGGART
12-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for this killer, nice little guide, keep it up, cant wait to play this.

Naroh
12-27-2009, 01:03 AM
i just did this dlc with a friend who didnt have the dlc. and the achievements alternated between us i got the first he got the second etc. so we ende up missing each others achievements but then i entered the single player campaign i got the achievements, my friend did the same didnt get but went to splitscreen and obtained it.

halofan1989
12-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for pointing out where the "Brains!" mission starts out.

It was on the one part of the map I had overlooked.
:p

Cheers!!
:drunk

Killallnite42
12-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Me and My GF have been playing since i got the game we are both on the same playthrough when we started ann she got jackobs fodder one nd i dint then i signed in later and it gave it to me. now she got the achievement for killing ned the first time and i got the second one but im going to try and signed in by myself and see if that works i wolud like to get them before i start the new one tonight

Can someone tell me where TK is i must be blind cause i havent seen him at all in this DLC thank you for any help

Dr Popodopolus
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I can't believe I missed TK Baha.. just found out all those brains i collected were for nothing, it sucks. Nice guide though, helped me find that out.

andfan
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
good guide wish i would of looked at the brain one earlyer but a while and u should add the counter goes to 0 every time so u collect 10 then 25 more then 50 etc...

ValkyrieOne15
01-05-2010, 07:07 AM
If I start the DLC with a friend and collect brains without him but complete the quest with him logged on will he get the achievement too?

Sir scotch 2 u
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
thanx for this gude, been very helpful, its been buggin me where to start this achievement.

Smike
01-15-2010, 12:44 AM
My sister and I, playing splitscreen co-op, had every achievement on this DLC glitch so far, in that one of us gets it and the other doesn't. The weird thing is, it's seemingly random (I got one, she got one). I would understand it if one of us got all of the achievements and the other didn't, but it's completely random.

I wouldn't say this with 100% certainty, but from the quests we've done so far, it appears that the person NOT turning in the quest gets the achievement, while the one that DOES turn it in does not. That's just a quick observation and may not be completely true, but I know that for two achievements (House Of Ned and Jakob's Fodder), she turned in the first one and I turned in the second one, and the opposite person got the achievement for it.

However - quitting to dashboard, reloading the save, and going into single player makes it pop right as you teleport in. Simply going straight to single player without dashboarding and reloading, however, does NOT pop the achievement. You have to re-access the save from the harddrive completely.

Blademrk
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I've found the "Dove" pistol that I got for defeating Slither in the main game (2nd playthrough) to be a great help taking down the Zombie hordes. Fairly accurate for headshots and no Ned to reload at all :uzi:the Dove I picked up also had a fire atrib which took a lot down of them

Dz06lt
01-31-2010, 02:50 AM
I just finished the story and was wondering if this DLC is worth it, from what ive read moxi's is worthless any thoughs? also im level 38 trying to at least get to 40 before the secret army DLC would this be enough?

Blademrk
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Found Zombie Island really enjoyable.

Moxxi's is only worth it if you like GoW Horde Mode. I've found even the first playthrough of Moxxi's to be insanely hard in single player (with my lvl 50 Hunter) and it can get abit repetative with only 3 maps.

TheOriginal561
02-04-2010, 08:09 AM
is there any way for me to still get BRAAIIIIIIIINS after the fact? i been collecting before and after tk so im not sure about that one any as to what i can do?

Lord Yamikage
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
is there any way for me to still get BRAAIIIIIIIINS after the fact? i been collecting before and after tk so im not sure about that one any as to what i can do?

What is "fact" that you're talking about.

I don't know if this help, but here goes.

Any brain(s) you collected before talking to TK to activate the mission will not be count toward the xx/xx (xxx/xxx). So if you had collected over 500 brains, you will not get braaaaaaaaaaain achievement immediately after talking to TK.

Hope this helped. Your post is confusing, and I couldn't quite understood clearly.

TheOriginal561
02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
ah i ment to say after you talk with tk's leg. the mission hasnt popped up for me so im just confused as to why it isnt and where is tk at in that area of zombie island or whatever lol

HornzOverHalos
02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
ah i ment to say after you talk with tk's leg. the mission hasnt popped up for me so im just confused as to why it isnt and where is tk at in that area of zombie island or whatever lol

Just go inside the very same house that you find TK's leg on the porch.

He's sitting there gurgling and there's a ton of ammo caches in there too.

Talk to him and he'll give you the Braaaaaaaaaaains missions.

What a pain in the ass these missions are, but I'm almost done (got like 65/250).

The brain collecting crap reminds me of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows where they make you save 5 civilians, then 10, then 50, then 100. It's annoying.

TheOriginal561
02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
i honestly havent had a problem with getting them i get like 20 a horde i head shot the crap put of every one of them.

Lord Yamikage
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Oh, well this clarify everything. What HornzOverHalos said. If you hadn't start playing yet, you'll have to gather 10 brains, go back to TK. After, you'll have to collect 25 brains, go back to TK, Then you'll have to do two more time (50, 100 or 150) before you get the 250 (last one). If you are in the beginning of the game and try to collect the brains first, then you are a smart man.

TheOriginal561
02-05-2010, 01:44 AM
ha well i already went through the dlc and beat it all, even then i thought um when will this pop up. i have to go find tk i dont remember where in the dlc he is located

RuggersAssassin
02-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Good guide and good DLC. Only problem was it went by very fast. Did it with me and a friend who were level 50 and got all the achievements and main quest done in about a little under 2 hours. A little short for my liking, but I can still run through some pointless sidequests.

SaltySausage
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
"House of the Ned" description is inaccurate. The first mission you play is "Welcoming Committee." "House of the Ned" isn't completed until you actually meet Ned. Highly recommend modifying this to avoid players being mislead.

Kurby
02-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for this, I went straight to see TK and got the brains one done pretty early :D

twistedsymphony
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The time you need to finish the dlc is somewhat influenced by your own char-level and progress in the game.
If you enter with a level 50 char that hasn`t finished playthrough 2, the zombies will be about level 42-44.
With a char that HAS finished playthrough 2, your enemies will be level 50+.
are the enemy levels directly related to you own level? I just finished playthough 1 and haven't started playthrough 2, I'm a level 37... should I start playthrough 2 and level up a bit before plaything the DLC or will the zombies scale down to the right level for me when I start playing?

Fatalfox
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks for guide dude. I had no idea where to start the braaaaaains quest.

LaCara Cicatriz
03-31-2010, 11:39 PM

42-43 when you are level 40-ish

LaCara Cicatriz
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks for guide dude. I had no idea where to start the braaaaaains quest.

what the heck does your sig mean??

bluefunkydude89
06-27-2010, 06:06 PM
good guide , thanks

StW
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the guide man, just finished it :)

PIKERB10
10-13-2010, 05:14 AM
well idk if anybody still gets on this forum but i need help with this DLC it is taking too many bullets to kill the zombies nd i cant do it by myself

PIKERB10
10-13-2010, 05:16 AM
just in case you dont get what im asking I NEED HELP BAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD

ADenton109
11-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the guild this is properly the best dlc of the game.

FrangaX
02-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the guide. I would have had a bit of trouble with the Brains achievement without it.

StayonTarget
08-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Does the claptrap help you get the Fully Loaded achievement? (getting 42 inventory spaces)

travisfisher13
02-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Couldn't have completed this game (played solo) without the guide.