PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Footage and Classic Comparison

UCB Disco
11-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Don't know if anyone has had a chance to see this beauty in action. Definitely looks like they did a fine job upgrading Alien Breed with the Unreal Engine, and with Episode 1 in the title, I'm only assuming they're bringing all THREE over! w00t!

YouTube- Then & Now... Alien Breed teaser

Z. slay3r
11-24-2009, 11:09 PM
This game looks pretty great. The targeting/aiming looks similar to the one in Shadow Complex, and the gameplay reminds me of Lost Planet w/o the annoying TNG garbage.

I hope they don't jack the price up to 1200 MSP or more, like what MS did with Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tootie, and Shadow Complex. That would put me off from buying it.

UCB Disco
11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
This game looks pretty great. The targeting/aiming looks similar to the one in Shadow Complex, and the gameplay reminds me of Lost Planet w/o the annoying TNG garbage.

I hope they don't jack the price up to 1200 MSP or more, like what MS did with Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tootie, and Shadow Complex. That would put me off from buying it.

If you played the originals, which costs $50 back then (No joke), 1200MSP is a deal. Especially with the beautiful upgrade.

I'll agree with you on the Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie pricing. I was expecting 800MSP, but Shadow Complex was worth every penny of 1200MSP. I would have easily spent as much as 1600MSP on that.

Now Alien Breed will be a DEFINITE purchase at 800MSP, but the demo will have to really convince me to revisit those difficult days for 1200MSP... even though I'll probably just purchase it based on the nostalgia alone. :P

zimzvm
11-25-2009, 07:10 AM
I will pay even 1200 no matter what. I just feel this game is going to kick some asses. I remember it as a truly excellent game back then. and if the developers won't fail we might be looking as on of the greatest XBLA titles, period.

the aiming looks more like in Zombie Apocalypse. LS for walking and RS for aiming.

MakoBallistic
11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
If you played the originals, which costs $50 back then (No joke), 1200MSP is a deal. Especially with the beautiful upgrade.

You have my respect for actually buying a retail copy of Alien Breed back then, as it was so insanely easy to get pirated Amiga games, i had about 10 retail games and about 150 copied, lol, floppy disks where so easy to crack!

btw, i dnt play pirate games anymore, not since the PS1, just in case anyone gets the wrong impression.

[Waggly Bean]
11-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Heh nice video, hadn't seen any footage of it yet.

I was playing the original a few months ago on my CD32. This game was made for dual sticks to be fair, so this game should be awesome. I do feel like it should be 800MSP though but I'm 99% sure it'll be 1200...

Only thing I didn't see in the video was evidence of 2 player mode. It's GOT TO BE 2 player still, right? If not, that kills it for me - no deal! :D

UCB Disco
11-26-2009, 04:37 PM
You have my respect for actually buying a retail copy of Alien Breed back then, as it was so insanely easy to get pirated Amiga games, i had about 10 retail games and about 150 copied, lol, floppy disks where so easy to crack!

btw, i dnt play pirate games anymore, not since the PS1, just in case anyone gets the wrong impression.

Completely understood. The only systems I ever cracked were the PS1, PS2, and NDS. They were all just too easy, but with everything going online, it's not easy doing it anymore. Especially if you want to play online.

But it's a good thing, because last time I checked, it is illegal. hahahaha.

zimzvm
11-27-2009, 08:37 AM
;2566402']Only thing I didn't see in the video was evidence of 2 player mode. It's GOT TO BE 2 player still, right? If not, that kills it for me - no deal! :D
I'm sure I have read somewhere that there is going to be a co-op mode. what is more important there are going to be different levels for single and for co-op mode.

http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=39687

more info can be found at their fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/Team17Software

ConcreteSnake
12-15-2009, 06:39 AM
TEAM17 is delighted and very proud to announce the arrival of ALIEN BREED EVOLUTION (Episode 1) on Wednesday, December 16th on Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade, priced at just 800 Microsoft Points ($10/6 approx).
:woop: