PDA

View Full Version : repo man acheivment question

Predator x360a
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I recently beat crackdown and was going for this achievment but i can get them to stay in their vehicles. any tips?

verytallmidget
02-24-2007, 09:13 PM
i always have the same problem, now that i beat the game it takes forever to come across a gang controlled car that they actually stay in, cuz once i gank one, they always just hop out

Abunai Aite
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
When you first start up ur campaign again. Dont shoot off any bullets. Just walk around and find gang-controlled cars and jump in one and then go find another. if YOu shoot any bullets at a gang member they Will all come after you if you pass them. and the Car ones will hop out

verytallmidget
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
nice man, ill give it a shot later on

BearSkin
02-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Do the gang members need to be in the car?
Or could you just drive 100 different gang vehicles that are lying around?

verytallmidget
02-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Bear...how bout u not be away so we can get back to owning people on gears....lol "u f*ing glitcher"....lol....

but yea, they gotta be in the actual car

BearSkin
02-25-2007, 07:03 AM
hahahahaah.
alright, that answers my question.
ill come back on so we can do some total uber modding together.

MrNihon
02-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm new to the forums but if you do the time trial I believe with Diaz in the Dome there are about 5 or so enemy vechicles to commendeer just keep doing that over and over again and the achievement should come easy.it took me an an hour but I got it eventually just remember they have to be in car driving.

verytallmidget
02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
nice, good post, im sure ppl will give it a try

Freakin
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
SO, how do you go by starting it over. All I can see to do is too turn the crimes on.

MrNihon
02-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I believe once you log in there should be an option for time trials go there and there should be a full list of bosses check it out. If your still confused I'll give you the step by step.

Kif
02-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, do peacekeeper cars count for this achievement?

MrNihon
02-25-2007, 10:53 PM
It's pretty specific with enemy vechicles but give it a try.When I first started I thought it was any enemy car with out them being in it.I figured hey it a enemy car and now its comendeered ..WRONG! :)

Abunai Aite
02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
is the whole commendeer thing just pullin them out and gettin in?

Murbay
02-26-2007, 12:19 AM
ok, so let me get this straight. You can only comandeer gang vehicles and the gang members have to be in the vehicles at the time.

Has anyone tried headshoting the gang members driving the vehicles then pulling their bodies out of the car and seeing if that counts?

I ask because I'm working through the other achievements before I go for this one so haven't tried this method yet.

Kif
02-26-2007, 03:54 AM
It doesn't sound too hard. Steal some Los Muertos cars, when the hit squads come, go to Volk. When their hit squads come, go to Shai-Gen. When their hit squads come, go back to Los Muertos.

MrNihon
02-26-2007, 05:45 AM
My method might seem a little tedious but it worked for me. Yes, the gang members have to be in the car and Ive tried the killing them in the vehicle approach as well in my earlier attempts but is not good enough.I drove a little after I stole the car as a precautionary measure.

Sasuke-Xiin
02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
sadly my idea takes some time, play the diaz time trial, the car factory with the ramps in los muertos, just steal the few cars, kill diaz, and replay. in about 4 plays i had to have stolen 15 cars...

Ult1ma Weap0n
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
The real trick to getting this achievement is looking to see whether or not the car is flashing red or blue. If it is red it means it is gang controlled, if it is blue it means nobody is in it. Also make sure you get in the car from the driver's side because if you get in the passenger side the driver just gets out and it doesn't count. I did this in the diaz time trial mode and i noticed that there were dead bodies in flashing red vehicles so i pulled them out and some alive guys too and it took me 31 cars to get the achievement because i already did some during the campaign, but i'm not sure if dead guys count.

HAHAyurDEAD
02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I didn't have that much trouble with this achievement. I went to the Volk island and did the Michailov mission near the huge ship and shipping containers. There are a lot of gang controlled cars that try to run you over. Sometimes they get stuck on some of the shipping containers. I guess they don't know how to use reverse! Once the cars stopped coming after me I ran to a supply point and saved to reset the cars. Wash, rinse, and repeat. I think this took me about 45 minutes to an hour to finish this achievement. Hope this helps!

junebug420
02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I ran into this problem once I beat the game. At least on my game it turned out that once I loaded a new game there would only be 2 gang controlled cars and then no more would appear. So I had to literally just start in Los Muertos jump down grab a car get out run down the street grab the next one then quit and load again. It sucked and it took forever but that was the ONLY way i could even get into a car. by the way it only worked in los muertos. if i loaded in volk or shang there wasn't a damn gang car in sight.

run4cover
02-28-2007, 03:17 AM
do you have to drive the car after you steel it, cuz i have been just jumping in the car then jumping right back out for about 2 hours and still havent got the achievement

verytallmidget
02-28-2007, 03:20 AM
can anyone CONFIRM that if u get in a car that is a "gang-car" does there have to be a gangsta in it...lol

like as in....if u got the achievement by getting in a gang car with no one in it

Dark Fury
02-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Can't confirm, but look at the actual achievement picture!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/Retail/196/1jc8P2Ni.jpg

Thats what you gotta do!

Also, gang-controlled means they're controlling the car. If not, its just a gang car...

verytallmidget
03-01-2007, 02:50 AM
yea but all the stuff with the rampage achievement, they are called "gang-controlled" cars...and i know some stuff i did no gang members were in the car

Johns
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I got this after i beat the game. turn on crimes, and spawn at the la murge pacific city bank (1st safe house on the list) head the the street and youll probably see a gang car right away. Jack him, and drive up the road a little bit. youll probably see another car on the opposite side of the road, jack him and drive down the road a bit. You want to patroll between the corner by the night club, and the 4 way intersection by the main bridge on the same road. I was racking up 5 car jacks within 2 minutes or so. After that, the gang cars get scarse, so i would restart the game and do it again. took about an hour doing it this way.

Sometimes there would be police on the roads, and they would start a fight with the gang... which caused all the gang cars that came by to stop, get out and fight. very frustrating when you see 3 potential repos go to waste =[

just remember not to shoot at the gangs, ever, and it wont be so bad.