PDA

View Full Version : Any difference between NTCS and PAL versions?

AirborneRichard
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi all i just seen alot of cool gameplay videos from The Saboteur and mabye you noticed it aswell i seen footage of gameplay with swatika flags hanging around in Paris and armbands being worn by the german elite soldiers then on another footage i seen non of these and all swastikas are replaced by crosses.
I know it may sound silly but for me it more historical and sure adds a bit more realistic feeling being in a WWII setting thats shows this stuff then not, i,m not a nazi or so to make that clear first. I just was wondering if theres a difference between NTSC and the PAL version in this matter? I know most european countries like germany and even Holland got kinda strickt rules about this, but funny Wolfenstein did had all this in the game lol.
If anybody knows it would be nice to know.

True I Skill
11-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I have no idea sorry..
But i would like to add that they aint basing this game so much on realism they said while showing some gameplay, Some modern guns are on the game, and well, just alot of things are added into the game that was not arround in them years to make the game easyer..

But i understand what you mean about the flag thingy, It just wont be the same, What type of cross do you mean? Like the Jesus cross? The nazi's in one version of the game are Christian nazi's, and the other version is just normal nazi's?

AirborneRichard
11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I have no idea sorry..
But i would like to add that they aint basing this game so much on realism they said while showing some gameplay, Some modern guns are on the game, and well, just alot of things are added into the game that was not arround in them years to make the game easyer..

But i understand what you mean about the flag thingy, It just wont be the same, What type of cross do you mean? Like the Jesus cross? The nazi's in one version of the game are Christian nazi's, and the other version is just normal nazi's?

Hi i meant the black crosses the germans used in WWI :) I might already seen them in a few WWII games, not sure how strickt the UK is about these things in games i def know alot of countries and sure germany almost forbidding these swastikas to been shown, good example are games like IL-2 Sturmovik were they been replaced by a black daimond shape of thingy. U might seen these replacement flags in games like Medal Of Honor or so.
I know what you mean that, The saboteur isn,t a historical accurate game, just like you already mentioned it before they got different weapons and vehicles in the game that wasn,t aviable at 1940 thats the time were The Saboteur is playing (at least thats what the lead designer said).
Might be we follow Sean around from early 1940 to 1945 but i,m not sure lol.
But hey i,m glad you did understand what i was saying about the flags ect :)I think we just have to wait and see if they replaced them with black crosses or not, not takes to long anymore as the release date here is listed as 8th of december :)

True I Skill
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Im from the UK, And im sure i've seen That nazi symble in a game before, Not sure what one. Nazi's are also in alot of games and its made clear, Like COD1, The aracade game has nazi's for example. I dont think englands too strict on it, Englands pretty much 100% against the Nazi's So i wouldnt see any problem with them using the Nazi sign. You might of seen old gameplay, Then in newer gameplay they decided to change it to the right signs.

MrPaypaChasa
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
They will also most likely be Region Locked.

AirborneRichard
12-01-2009, 06:13 AM
They will also most likely be Region Locked.

Yeah thats what i thinking aswell. Most def they will do this again bugger!! lol Its not that important but damn if they do it sure takes away a bit of the total experince after all its a WWII game lol.

BerzerkCrank
12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
I would be annoying if they did replace the swastikas with crosses they did the same for Medal of Honor Airbourne. I have a dodgy feeling that the PAL version will have the swastikas removed cause its EA! You know what there like.

The only other game PAL WW2 game I've seen in a long while to still have swastikas was Wolfenstein and that had to have them; it wouldn't of been Wolfenstein without them.

Either way I'm looking forward to getting The Saboteur.

lethal.b
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
i found a link somewhere what told you which countries they were removed in but i completely forgot lol. i think the regions that wont have them are:
- France
- German
- Austrian
- Switzerland

Master(G)
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I am from Switzerland, and my game is 100% uncut.
18 PEGI version.
it has all nazi-symbols, hitlers speech, sieg-heil stuff and boobs! and blood-effects of course...

only the GERMAN version is censored.
french and austrian versions are uncut as well!

yes, I was surprised too, since its EA, but EA learned it seems. Also the english voice-track is on the disk, next to the german and french one. way to go EA!