PDA

View Full Version : What You expect this game will be like?

AirborneRichard
11-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I myself been tracking this game a long time, actualy sinds first words came out about Pandemic start working on it (3 years ago) so i was realy thrilled hearing about it and seeing a bit later the first screenshots, sure it was still in an early stage then and even at times you didn,t hear anything about it anymore. I think it will be a bit of a mix between GTA IV and stealth based games. In any case i should add that i kinda liked the 3th person view games and also the open world setting were you just can walk around doing stuff when your not realy in the mood doing a mission. In The Saboteur you earning perks doing certain things and it makes you either stronger or adding a better accuracy to Sean for that particular weapon.
So what you guys expecting of this game and what are your toughts about it?

Daiphyer.
11-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll just say that, Free-roaming in Paris + Climbing Eifel Tower + Killing Nazis = Automatic Win.

MrPaypaChasa
11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
A fun game. However, not something that will last, I made the same mistake with Mercs 2 and Army of Two, got really psyched, thought it would be the best game ever. Dropped $60 on release. Then played it for a week or two and then slowly stopped trying to drag it out as long as possible, yep this will be a rent for me.

BlindxLink
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
It's like a GTA with SO much more. I found my self enjoying this more than I ever have with any of the GTA games. Also, if anyone's play Red Faction 3, it kinda has some of those elements as well. You blow stuff up to make that part of town liberated.

It's really fun, 9/10 from me.

Jaymoon
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
This game is great. It's a mix of a bunch of great titles, and it actually turned out very well.

The closest game The Saboteur resembles is Godfather II. Not surprising since both are EA. But from the "Strip club", to the maps, the combat/shooting system, you can see a lot of it was recycled from Godfather II in a different setting. Not saying that's a bad thing, I really enjoyed Godfather II.

The "climb any building" Assassin's Creed aspect is nice to have, but as far as I got, could easily do without. I love the story, and it gets better and better as I go. (I'm a big WWII fan)

The one major "problem" I can see with this game, is that like Godfather II (and Hitman even), stealth is recommended, but if you go in loud and shoot everyone up, as long as you can escape the "wanted area" on the map, you can still complete the mission. Become wanted and lose your wanted level enough times over and over, can make for some pretty easy missions.

But overall, it's a great game, and regardless of the similarities from other games, the story is unique and quite enjoyable.

cbkste
11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
have any of u tried the survive a jump from the eiffel tower, didnt unlock 4 me may be doin it wrong but have u tried it.

AirborneRichard
12-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Nice from the looks of it you guys already playing it :) Damn i still waiting and waiting it says here the release is set at the 8th of december lol! But hey great you guys replied and its sure nice to see you like this one! If any of you already playing it can you mabye tell me if they keept the swastika flags in and around Paris? I seen screenshots and videos with them and then some without them. I know its not a major issue but it just adds a bit more realistic feel in the game setting after all.
I was already hoping this turns out good after all alot of people didn,t like Mercenaries 2 alot, what is rather strange because i loved it lol! So hey i was just wondering how are the controls for this one? i was reading in a few previews that controls felt a bit stiff and the shooting sections wasn,t realy feeling good.

Anyways as part what,s been said above about the missions i think its basicly up to the player to if he or she wants to go in stealth or blazing guns. I remember the lead developer mention this at E3 2009. But its sure nice you actualy be able to steal and use a german uniform and try to go in the silent way! lol I seen the achievements for those like : Killing A Nazi Officer While Wearing A German Uniform, or: Complete A Mission While Remaining In Stealth. Sounds Tricky!! Not sure how tricky it will be realy.
I def seen the two Eifel Tower Achievements haha :Climb The Eifel Tower and : Jump From The Eifel Tower And Survive! First one sounds easy the other not sure lol. Just funny both kinda reminded me of these two achievements you had in Crackdown were u had to climb the highest building and jump from and and had to land in the water down below. Anyways i,m geussing for jumping down the Eifel Tower and Survive its involving mabye a parachute u have to buy first from the dealers or so, because even the Eifel Tower is close to the river Seine it still to far away to jump from the Eifel Tower and land in the river haha.

Barad
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Just heard this game is free roam? is it true? because now I'm gonna love this game!! :drunk:woop::drunk:woop:

BlindxLink
12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Just heard this game is free roam? is it true? because now I'm gonna love this game!! :drunk:woop::drunk:woop:

Yes, tons of stuff to do too.

sepulturas666
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
have any of u tried the survive a jump from the eiffel tower, didnt unlock 4 me may be doin it wrong but have u tried it.

It's pretty easy. I survived from first try. Climb at the top of the eiffel tower where u unlock ''Top o' the World'' achievement. Look down and you will see something like a small pool. Then jump there. :)

Barad
12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, tons of stuff to do too.

YES! so happy cannot wait for this game..if its anything like Godfather this will be great!

BlindxLink
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
YES! so happy cannot wait for this game..if its anything like Godfather this will be great!

I promise you will not be disappointed if you buy this game. I PROMISE you.

razvan2002
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I promise you will not be disappointed if you buy this game. I PROMISE you.

And if you can't keep your promise? You're lucky the game is great ...

Have a nice day,
R