PDA

View Full Version : exclusive preorder????

XxStuartxX 1990
12-01-2009, 07:10 PM
OK so i just ordered this game from game and it said with game exclusive download but it didnt say what it was so do any of you guys know what it is

sepulturas666
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.pandemicstudios.com/thesaboteur/sites/default/files/images/the-Saboteur-690x330.jpg

meh

True I Skill
12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Hm it annoys me when they release things in a pre-order with no other way to get it..

sepulturas666
12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Hm it annoys me when they release things in a pre-order with no other way to get it..

And the funny thing is - the content is already on the disc, but locked. They give unlock keys only for people that have pre-order..... ugh.

True I Skill
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
And the funny thing is - the content is already on the disc, but locked. They give unlock keys only for people that have pre-order..... ugh.

Hm any way to maybe unlock it without pre-ordering?
If they was to release it after on the marketplace i'd be all cool with it, But when you have to buy it before its even out i think it takes the piss a little, And a knife too... Knifes are like the Best things in stealth games, they cant just not give you a knife.

XxStuartxX 1990
12-02-2009, 12:59 AM
that kinda sucks there should be a knife in the game anyway

Nlkuysdf
12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Was at gamestop yesterday and they convinced me to preorder. I was getting it day of release anyway so I didn't care. But they told me there was nothing exclusive with pre-ordering. I doubt gamestop wouldn't have the pre-order knife. Maybe I should call them and ask.

If I find out they don't have the knife code and someone else does, is it possible to cancel my preorder from them? I've never pre ordered and canceled so I don't know. Thx for any answers.

Purge
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Hm any way to maybe unlock it without pre-ordering?
If they was to release it after on the marketplace i'd be all cool with it, But when you have to buy it before its even out i think it takes the piss a little, And a knife too... Knifes are like the Best things in stealth games, they cant just not give you a knife.

I don't see what your angry at, if you want the damn dagger then pre-order the game. You can judge your opinions off metacritic or some form of review, they always come out earlier than the release date.

If you think one item will ruin an entire game then your wrong. :)

DENAz666
12-03-2009, 03:10 AM
what annoying is when they bloody only do it in certain countries. whats the point if its only an unlock code?

True I Skill
12-03-2009, 03:16 AM
I don't see what your angry at, if you want the damn dagger then pre-order the game. You can judge your opinions off metacritic or some form of review, they always come out earlier than the release date.

If you think one item will ruin an entire game then your wrong. :)

I did not say i think that, I said knifes are the best things in stealth games, Which they are This isnt exactly a big stealth game but for the parts it is a Knife is needed, If not a silenced gun..

And not everyone can pre-order games.. For Loads of reasons, Not everyone can just go out and pre-order a 30-40 game.
I cant pre-order it because

1. Dont buy anything near christmas
2. Dont have any money spare
3. Would like to see what people say about it before spending money on it.

True Marvellous
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Ive just got the game today and Game still haven't sent me my knife code :(.

I do have a code to see the ladies wobbly bits, but I want my knives g'dammit :)

Nlkuysdf
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Are they supposed to e-mail it to you? I was hoping on getting it when I pick my copy up at the store it self.

True Marvellous
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM
They normally do, but they haven't on this occasion, so Ive dropped them an email.

Also cant even DL the boobies as its comes up with an error much like Wallace & Gromitt did when they fooked up the XBL upload.

No knives or boobies makes me sad ;)

XxStuartxX 1990
12-03-2009, 04:22 PM
They normally do, but they haven't on this occasion, so Ive dropped them an email.

Also cant even DL the boobies as its comes up with an error much like Wallace & Gromitt did when they fooked up the XBL upload.

No knives or boobies makes me sad ;)

so not just me thats a bit of a relief

Master(G)
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I live in Switzerland with way of pre-ordering at gamestop (we do not have them here). What should I do? I want that knife! :(

Nlkuysdf
12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I live in Switzerland with way of pre-ordering at gamestop (we do not have them here). What should I do? I want that knife! :(

You do or don't have a way of pre-ordering through gamestop?

Master(G)
12-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't have a way of pre-ordering through gamestop...

there must be a way for people like me to get the knife as well, at least I hope so!

True Marvellous
12-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Just got Knife code through from game, not sure if there just mailing them late or its because I chased them.

So if you ain't got your code start hustling them.

Midnight Show DLC is still broken though.

Nlkuysdf
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Just got Knife code through from game, not sure if there just mailing them late or its because I chased them.

So if you ain't got your code start hustling them.

Midnight Show DLC is still broken though.

They emailed it to you?

True Marvellous
12-04-2009, 05:16 PM
They emailed it to you?

Yes, but don't know if its because I chased them or they just emailed them out today anyhow, with it been the official release date

AirborneRichard
12-04-2009, 08:38 PM
As some already have noticed the Midnight Show is already on the marketplace now for 240 Microsoft Points. I think not to long and u find the unlock code for this knife aswell on the internet. Or even as a download on xbox-live. I remember that there were codes later on for Mercenaries 2 aswell.

The Dauntless
12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Im also waiting for my code from Game UK.

I am considering not playing the game until I get it. Im busy enough with Rogue Warrior, Avatar and COD classic

ponypo2001
12-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Im also waiting for my code from Game UK.

I am considering not playing the game until I get it. Im busy enough with Rogue Warrior, Avatar and COD classic

Give GAME a prod and they'll sort it straight away.I got mine on the release day no problems and always have done.To be honest though,the knife is nothing other than aesthetic.It's merely a different stealth kill.It doesn't affect anything other than being a bit more brutal.

Abe_sapien
12-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Just curious about the exclusive bonus Knife DLC. I've entered the code and its confirmed its use. Does the item in-game become something I find or purchase?

BTW I too pre-ordered with GAME but brought it from a retail store and they gave me a code card for the DLC. (As they had done with HaloWars and GameStation had with Brutal Legend)

ponypo2001
12-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Just curious about the exclusive bonus Knife DLC. I've entered the code and its confirmed its use. Does the item in-game become something I find or purchase?

BTW I too pre-ordered with GAME but brought it from a retail store and they gave me a code card for the DLC. (As they had done with HaloWars and GameStation had with Brutal Legend)

As soon as you do your first stealth kill it's unlocked automatically.Just hold down Y and you'll stab them rather than do the beat down kill.

Abe_sapien
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Ah I'll look out for that. Spent most of last night's play session in disguise and doing the elbow smash to the neck take-down from the back.

Update: Would seem that hitting X does grab into a knife stab to the neck/throat slit take-down