PDA

View Full Version : So whos buying this?

Barad
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I know i am. Just heard of it today lol so watched a few videos and man this looks awesome! Like Full Auto or Stuntman Ignition. Basically a hell lot of fun!

What do you guys think?

adriano28
12-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Im thinking about buying this. To me it looks like burnout with more explosions than ever before. i think this is the first disney game i'll actually enjoy.

brayarg
12-11-2009, 03:06 PM
From what i have played of this game, its somewhere between superb-god like. Its a must buy on release day Imo. Ive played a few driving games recently, Pure, forza 2/3, dirt /2, burnout paradise. And this gem of a game blows them all away. Obviously I havent played the finished product, things can change, but i know i am awaiting this game as much as any other aaa blockbuster if not more so :P

Barad
12-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorted lets get that pre order in!

SuperNova X2X
12-11-2009, 07:57 PM
It does look interesting, but I'll wait for a demo or a rental, just in case it's basically the same as Full Auto or Burnout.

brayarg
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
very wise Supernova, I played it at that euro gamer expo in london, think it was september, some of the games i played that day were avp, l4d2, forza 3, halo odst...
Of them all this was by far the best, it was so well polished, very fast moving, and fun. by the second lap of the track, because of the destructable surroundings the track had changed, some minor and some major. I can honestly say it was THE only game there that i had to say, again again! to, even now it brings a smile thinking of that fast paced action. Because i had played pure b4 hand and loved it, this has always been on my radar, but after the event it went from on my radar to i want it, and i want it now :)

Barad
12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
very wise Supernova, I played it at that euro gamer expo in london, think it was september, some of the games i played that day were avp, l4d2, forza 3, halo odst...
Of them all this was by far the best, it was so well polished, very fast moving, and fun. by the second lap of the track, because of the destructable surroundings the track had changed, some minor and some major. I can honestly say it was THE only game there that i had to say, again again! to, even now it brings a smile thinking of that fast paced action. Because i had played pure b4 hand and loved it, this has always been on my radar, but after the event it went from on my radar to i want it, and i want it now :)

This is what makes me happy and really want the game even more..I'v always loved racing games to the max especially street based racing games and destruction? even better!

master_shake_350
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I am just worried about the fact that it is made by Disney interactive, and I don't know how good Pure is, I haven't got around to playing it.

Barad
01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I am just worried about the fact that it is made by Disney interactive, and I don't know how good Pure is, I haven't got around to playing it.

You should check out Pure its actually brilliant with no down side to it, I'm sure Disney will do a good job with this game.

cloud72
02-10-2010, 03:31 AM
It looks awesome!

seven43861
02-19-2010, 11:30 PM
I've been watching more and more of this game and I have to say its turning into a must-buy for me. For this much polish on a title that hasn't been released yet makes me, well, :Bounce:. I enjoy arcade style racers and this should make a nice addition to my collection. I'm not so much worried that it's being published by Disney Interactive, mainly because they have the technical prowess to achieve great games, they've just been focused on movie specific games.

I think this is the right direction for Disney to be going, as long as there isn't a Mickey Mouse car in this game I'll be happy.

Barad
02-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Its a shame it wont be coming out until the end of this year :( I'v been waiting for this since last summer!

DLStChad II
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I played PURE and was surprised by the fact it was Disney. The game is awesome and hopefully this game matches up to PURE.

Barad
02-24-2010, 07:24 PM
great to hear this is coming out May 21st..cant wait!

Goats
04-09-2010, 03:04 AM
I'll only get it if there's a demo/BETA. If not, I'm going for Blur.

DoubleLeo
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
There are a couple arcade style racers coming out soon; Blur and Split/Second. I was always kind of leaning towards s/s but the fact that blur is made by activision solidified my decision. Now its just up to the reviews; as long as they are not awefull I will be picking this up week of release... my first next gen racing game. Really hope its as good as it looks. :)

Teh BeZ
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
It looks amazing, I might not get it on release BUT Ill 100% be getting it!

gmorra
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
It looks amazing, I might not get it on release BUT Ill 100% be getting it!

It's in the bag man! Already pre-orderd and can't wait!!! Just can't get enough racing!!!:woop:

Barad
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM
This and Blur, great racing year! lol

gmorra
04-20-2010, 07:25 PM
This and Blur, great racing year! lol

I couldn't agree more! All my money will be gone this May! lol

Barad
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I couldn't agree more! All my money will be gone this May! lol

Haha init! Dunno bout you though, but above all this..Red Dead Redemption will be beasty!!!

gmorra
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Haha init! Dunno bout you though, but above all this..Red Dead Redemption will be beasty!!!

Yeah man, may is killin me, you got: LOST PLANET 2, RED DEAD REDEMPTION, SPLIT/SECOND, BLUR, & ALAN WAKE. I better apply for welfare now! lol ;)

phluffhead19
04-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I have been very excited by BLUR and it only helped with there multiplayer beta, and the demo. I haven't seen much of anything from SS yet. Someone was in Gamestop asking they guy behind the counter 'what he recommends' blur or split second, and without some gameplay or demo, how can you know ho spilt second is? what are the achieves? think it will really come out the 18th?

Amakusa42
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
This game is out in less than a month, yet there are no achievements for it yet. Makes me wonder if its going to be pushed back. But I am getting this over Blur. Using the car and stage as a weapon is better than a Mario Kart meets Project Gotham.

sonicboy793
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
i definately am

Ramon4815162342
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM
This game is out in less than a month, yet there are no achievements for it yet. Makes me wonder if its going to be pushed back. But I am getting this over Blur. Using the car and stage as a weapon is better than a Mario Kart meets Project Gotham.

Please oh please I hope they stick to their release date 3 weeks is long enough!! I want this game so bad it looks friggin' awesome. I am also curious about the achievements though. I saw in a preview clip one of the testers unlocking an achievement called ''Frequent Flyer'' for 20G so maybe it's all good...

Barad
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Well tbh I really think this might just get delayed for a reason they probably won't even reveal till they can find an excuse, still I'm sure it will be an awesome game.

Netprints
04-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I think it needs a demo to compete with Blurs demo.

MakoBallistic
04-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Im getting this and Blur, considering how long its been since a decent arcade racer has been released (Burnout: Paradise) I really couldnt just get one. Ive been waiting for Split/Second for aaaages, and was pleasantly surprised by the Blur demo so they are both day one buys for me, including Red Dead Redemption and Skate 3. Its a good job my birthday is in may otherwise i would be screwed!

Barad
04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I think it needs a demo to compete with Blurs demo.

Good point actually.

Dragonlightning
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
After playing the demo i wasn't impressed. Maybe releasing a demo was a bad idea?

Barad
04-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Still downloading, is it really that bad?? :/

gmorra
04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
After playing the demo i wasn't impressed. Maybe releasing a demo was a bad idea?

Please explain why you didn't enjoy it.:confused:

InfernoFrY
04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
the demo isnt as immersive as id hoped. you dont get the sense of speed or feel the weight of the car as you do in some other games. ai leaves something to be desired. the destruction is impressive though and the courses are quite literally different every time you play them. I played it through 3 times and each time the track ended up taking a different route.

1st play nothing exciting and was disappointed

2nd lap track got altered and had to drive down the runway with the plane flying at you, got more interesting and i also caused a major explosion taking out 3 cars pretty epic

3rd lap down the runway again, took out 3 cars in 1 again and opened up the underground route.

so experiences can vary dont just play the level once or you'll miss out. looks like it will make up a great multiplayer. singleplayer lacking atm tho

Barad
04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
This is still a buy for me but I think Blur will own this.

Purant
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
demo was awesome, the drifting is really easy and is just fun.

Keep in mind this is the first map with one car only and against boring computers so imagine 8 people blowing stuff up online with different cars and tracks!

RuYi
04-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Not buying it yet. I've played the Blur beta, and though I did enjoy Split/Second, I like Blur better. Perhaps I'll buy it a few months later.

Barad
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
I also like Blur better but ill be buying both on releases, I love racing too much, just wish this game had a bit more effort put into it..

Evo Kazz
04-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Maybe not a first day buy, but a buy none the less, I found it to be totally mindless fun, which I love.

Crazy BigGaz
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I will be buying it.
But not sure when. It will either be pre-order or on the 3rd June.

NawtyCawty
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I am definitely buying this. I love driving games and there hasnt been a decent arcade racer out like Burnout Paradise for fuckin ages! Cant be doing with these racing sims like Forza 3 etc. Too booooooring! Also got Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption coming out in May too. Better get saving those pennies (and thumbs).

Crazy BigGaz
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Just Pre-Ordered it :D

Barad
04-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Gamescene first day for me :)

Machina22
05-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Day 1 for me as well.

SubG3nius
05-09-2010, 06:11 AM
I think I'm going to go with Blur instead.

Aki2403
05-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I also like Blur better but ill be buying both on releases, I love racing too much, just wish this game had a bit more effort put into it..

I like blur, just not as much as this, I wish I had the money to buy both, unfortunately I don't, so I'm just going to be getting split/second, it's more to my liking, which is annoying, because I know a LOT of my friends are getting blur.

Barad
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
I like blur, just not as much as this, I wish I had the money to buy both, unfortunately I don't, so I'm just going to be getting split/second, it's more to my liking, which is annoying, because I know a LOT of my friends are getting blur.

Fair enough mate Split Second is also awesome so definitly worth a by for anyone of its likes ;)

A ZombieTwinkie
05-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm pickin this up along with Alan Wake. This one appeals more to me than Blur does.

IEvil IMonkey
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes for sure... Blur did nothing for me at all

Also getting Red Dead Redemption the same day =)

Barad
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes for sure... Blur did nothing for me at all

Also getting Red Dead Redemption the same day =)

Red Dead's gonna be beeeeeasty! :P

FatalFlaw810
05-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I'd love to get both but I'm leaning towards Blur more because of the online seems a lot more fun. I'm sure S/S is going to be fun as well but I'm also worried about a price drop because I've seen it go down to $40/$45 plenty of times before release but never bit on it. I might just get both though since I'm not interested in RDR, Lost Planet 2 or Alan Wake(which i will actually wait for).

Barad
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Gonna finally get this in a few hours! :woop:

Aki2403
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Just had it drop throught the door, it's installing now.

Can't wait to get to playing it :)