PDA

View Full Version : Initial Reviews

Purge
12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I was looking around the internet and found some reviews, there not great.

Here are some scores I found
GamePro: 40
IGN: 68
Gamespot: 55

I was really looking forward to the game and I'm a tad disapointed. :blunt

What are your views of these reviews? Also did anyone pre-order the game like myself?

DarthSoth
12-04-2009, 02:14 AM
I have put about 3 or so hours into the game so far and I would have to agree with the review scores I see there. Just largely underwhelmed by the game thus far. Kind of wonky controls.

Honestly I haven't really put too much time into the game. like an hour here, and hour there, but that in itself is pretty telling. Just hasn't drawn me in to really want to go hardcore into the game. I just rented it and I don't know if will end up finishing a playthrough before I exchange it or not yet. see if the weekend gets me into the game or not I guess.

Dz06lt
12-04-2009, 02:24 AM
yeah its getting shitty reviews all over the place, kind of disapointing but then what could truly be expected from a movie tie in game

Kyaizen
12-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I want to clarify that I did not waste a slot in my Gamefly Q for this game, nor spend a single cent on it. My friend bought it [rofl] because he thought it would be awesome [and continues to think so -.-], but it's not extremely hard achievements, I'd say a 4/10 because of the clean sweep achievements and the 150 games ones, but besides the 345gs [or so] you get for all of them, it's a simple 750 [or so] game.

DarkTharen
12-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I have only played the game for a 6 hours but I am also a little disappointed. It seems like even with the 6 hours I put in the game will be over in a very short time. The graphics and sounds are amazing but the game still leaves me disappointed in the lack of depth for the game. I am sure the movie is going to be great!

jenafer6
12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Well this game is at my house right now from gamefly. Should I just send it back without even bothering? I am in the hospital right now so I won't be getting to it right now.

jenafer6
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
I have only played the game for a 6 hours but I am also a little disappointed. It seems like even with the 6 hours I put in the game will be over in a very short time. The graphics and sounds are amazing but the game still leaves me disappointed in the lack of depth for the game. I am sure the movie is going to be great!
Well this game is at my house right now from gamefly. Should I just send it back without even bothering? I am in the hospital right now so I won't be getting to it right now.

JAZcultivated
12-05-2009, 01:38 AM
i rented this from blockbuster this past sunday (11/29). i knew it had a chance to be bad, and i was right. this is one of those games you play just to get the achievements and grind your teeth while doing so. there are some cool effects like the planet and the animals at night... but the voices are corny and i can't see those darn soldiers, they blend in with the forrest!

what is up with the 3D mode? what tv does that? am i suppose to steal 3D glasses from the movie?

squid5580
12-05-2009, 07:00 AM
i rented this from blockbuster this past sunday (11/29). i knew it had a chance to be bad, and i was right. this is one of those games you play just to get the achievements and grind your teeth while doing so. there are some cool effects like the planet and the animals at night... but the voices are corny and i can't see those darn soldiers, they blend in with the forrest!

what is up with the 3D mode? what tv does that? am i suppose to steal 3D glasses from the movie?

You need a 3D TV (which means you gotta be effin rich). Anyways here is something along the lines of what you need

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/10/philips-3d-hdtv/

DarthSoth
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM

I'm pretty sure it will work on my tv but I need to get the RealD 3d glasses for it to actually make sence while viewing. Any time I want to check out a 3d movie I always have to rent it and they don't rent out the galsses so I don't have a set yet. There are a ton of different setting to get the 3d working for most high end tv's I think. But I'm definitely no expert on the matter so I am just talking out of my ass until I actually get the glasses and give it a try myself.

I couldn't even hold onto the game long enough to try and search out a pair and give it a whirl though. I played for about 4 hours at the most and had enough of the game.