PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to boost all 150 Games Played Online Achievement

Tailz
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Ive tested this tonight and it works. I got my 150 Games played achievement. Start a Team Deathmatch. Make sure you host that way you wont ever be disconnected by someone else being the host. Plug in your Charge kit so your controller wont go off. Just start the match and go to Vegas or something. The game auto starts and you jsut need to "Finish" each game.

You dont even need to Spawn your guy because after a match is over you not dying gets you points about 20 per match. Works like a charm!

This may even work in Private match but i didnt test that. Not that it really matters, there are no leaderboards in this game so its not a big deal.

Granted in a 10 hour span you'll only get about 50 games completed, but its better then playing 150 games in this god awful game.

So play SP then set this up when you go to sleep after a couple of nights you'll have yours. It took me 2 days/nights to get mine

A 2rue boofer
12-04-2009, 12:37 AM
This game is "God Awful". I was going to get this game too but not to sure anymore. What is so bad about it?

Kyaizen
12-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I won't go in too much detail here as I'm going to review the game soon enough, but it's pretty much another movie game. That should sum it up.

Tailz
12-04-2009, 02:35 AM
Nothing about this game is good...at all...It falls under bad movies games such as Terminator. Its actually worse because it takes alot longer to get 1000G then that did

Kyaizen
12-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Exactly, it's not a huge pain, but it's tedious and annoying..

WeemanNewYork
12-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Can join match and quit right away?? Will it work?? Does anyone know?

ConfusedGeek
12-05-2009, 05:47 AM
im missing something. do you need to have 2 controllers up? i hosted a game, with one controller attached to the charging cable and after ten minutes the menu system popped up again.

demi
12-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Can join match and quit right away?? Will it work?? Does anyone know?

Doubt it, the achievement is for "completing" matches. If anyone wants to idle with me I'm on TDM Ulua Tarik or some goober name. :p

aussiestatic
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Nothing about this game is good...at all...It falls under bad movies games such as Terminator. Its actually worse because it takes alot longer to get 1000G then that did

At least they put effort into this game. This is no way near worse than terminator.

This game is fun, maybe you just need to play it a bit more and let it grow on you. it's a fun game.

squid5580
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Doubt it, the achievement is for "completing" matches. If anyone wants to idle with me I'm on TDM Ulua Tarik or some goober name. :p

Ya since the win 5 matches always pop in the scoring part I highly doubt early quitting would work. I am not willing to invest the time to find out. :p

Hey I am not getting any points. Even when Ispawn in and don't die I don't.

demi
12-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Points dont matter, I've ended matches with 0 points

ponypo2001
12-12-2009, 06:35 AM
im missing something. do you need to have 2 controllers up? i hosted a game, with one controller attached to the charging cable and after ten minutes the menu system popped up again.

Same here,it just stays stuck on "Enter match".What am I doing wrong?

squid5580
12-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Same here,it just stays stuck on "Enter match".What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. That is what it is supposed to do. If you sit there and watch the enter match screen for the full 10 minutes at the end you will be scored. It will say ponypo 0 kills 0 deaths then start the next one..

ponypo2001
12-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Nothing. That is what it is supposed to do. If you sit there and watch the enter match screen for the full 10 minutes at the end you will be scored. It will say ponypo 0 kills 0 deaths then start the next one..
Aye,just noticed that.Thanks for the confirm.I just wanted to be sure before leaving the console on.

Trikke
12-13-2009, 08:43 AM

I don't fully agree.

Although everybody has the right to (and should) express their feelings about a game, I find it rather enjoyable.

Most movie based games suck, that's true. Easy achievements, lame gameplay, etc. only because of the success of the movie, they also try to suck some extra dollar$ out of your pocket.

But in regards to Cameron's Avatar, I feel they put a lot of efforts in it. I have completed the campaign as RDA, and am about to start the campaign as Avatar.

The graphics are a very detailed, you really get the feeling being in the jungle. When you're in combat, the sounds changes as almost starts to sound like in a movie, bringing more suspense.
I invite you to compare these plants in the jungle with the ones in Two World. See the difference? I did!

But, I must admit that the downside is, that every mission happens in the jungle. And yes, missions look all pretty much the same.

But it's also the first game to be in 3D (although you need specific equipment). Therefor, I wasn't able (yet) to experience the 3D effects.
I'm pretty much certain their pushing the 'standards'.
I can imagine we'll want to play Halo 3 in a couple of years in 3D. Wouldn't that be great?

Back to Avatar... some say it's a rental at best... for me it's a keeper.

http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/360/Trikke+den+1e.gif (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Trikke+den+1e)

http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/wood/Trikke+den+1e.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Trikke+den+1e)

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Trikke+den+1e.jpg (http://www.trueachievements.com/Trikke+den+1e.htm)

http://cards.360voice.com/complete/Trikke+den+1e.jpg (http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/Trikke%20den%201e)

ConfusedGeek
12-14-2009, 05:49 PM

good to know, i guess i should turn off the auto turn off think.

oblivionspawn07
12-15-2009, 03:18 AM
This game is "God Awful". I was going to get this game too but not to sure anymore. What is so bad about it?

I actually am enjoying this game a lot despite certain peoples negative opinions.

Each level is like an open world map where you get quests and have easy challenges to complete, and so far it has still remained fun for me.

Im almost done with the Na'vi side so maybe i jsut havent gotten the opportunity for it to get boring yet.

ConfusedGeek
12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
any way to keep track of the number of matches?

Dan Rycroft
12-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello, Could someone be so kind to give me a step by step method on how to do this.
I like this game just Cba to do 150 MP matches.
Thanks,
Dan.

ConfusedGeek
12-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Hello, Could someone be so kind to give me a step by step method on how to do this.
I like this game just Cba to do 150 MP matches.
Thanks,
Dan.

this is what im doing, and hopefully in 30 hours i will get the chieve:

select mp (multiplayer)
find the dot on the map that represent death match. select it.
select private (so you can host).
i opened it up to the public, just in case i want to actuall do some plaing in this 30 hours.
start it up.
plug your controller into charge.

walk away. for 30 hours.

ConfusedGeek
12-26-2009, 08:12 PM
got it, thanks.

Seany Show
12-26-2009, 08:27 PM

select mp (multiplayer)
i opened it up to the public, just in case i want to actuall do some plaing in this 30 hours.
start it up.

walk away. for 30 hours.

Ok I'm currently doing the method which you have suggested. I will be doing the matches all in Private though. Will that affect it? Or does it not matter whether its Public or Private? Thanks

Kyaizen
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok I'm currently doing the method which you have suggested. I will be doing the matches all in Private though. Will that affect it? Or does it not matter whether its Public or Private? Thanks

I don't see why you don't just make it public

Seany Show
12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I am doing it in public now as found out it's the easiest & best way to do it.

Sirius
12-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Public TDM is the best way to do it because the matches will be shorter (usually when the lobby is full) and it will autostart without you having to babysit it.

True Marvellous
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm actually enjoying the TDM (rest suck) mainly because I'm kicking arse and single handedly swing the battle our way with 23:2 ratios as both sides.

Think I like Na'vi best as there's nothing better than using camouflage popping shield and rage and laying waste to everybody before the even have chance raise their gun.

Boarder-X
01-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Anyone know at what point it saves how many games you have played? Is it after each match ends or do you have to quit out of multiplayer?

Sirius
01-06-2010, 12:44 AM
You'll get the achievement after your 150th game finishes. Just do the boosting method while you sleep until it pops up.

Boarder-X
01-06-2010, 03:27 AM
You'll get the achievement after your 150th game finishes. Just do the boosting method while you sleep until it pops up.

Thats what I figured , but I was just worried about turning the system off and when it actually saves how many you have done. Ive turned it off once after about 12hrs, so I guess I will see if it still works around when It should

ConfusedGeek
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Thats what I figured , but I was just worried about turning the system off and when it actually saves how many you have done. Ive turned it off once after about 12hrs, so I guess I will see if it still works around when It should

btw, it takes about 30 hours to complete.

the first tim i did it, i forgot to disable the auto turn off on the xbox so it turned off about 6 hours later.

after i diabled it, i tried again. being that i wasnt going to be home for xmas, i let it run while i was out. the chieve popped up about 24 hours (less) later.

e_bigworm
01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Do you have to use the Play and Charge cable? I found that although my controller turns off, the games keep cycling as I host. Starts, plays, completes, wash, rinse, repeat. Is the P&C a requirement for some other reason?

Thanks!

BW

Stealthcake
01-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks for this tip, I will boost the rest of my matches after I have got the other online achievements.

e_bigworm
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
UPDATE: This achievement popped for me today, so I can confirm that the P&C cable is NOT required. Even if your controller shuts off due to inactivity, you'll stay in the spawn lobby and the matches will continue to count.

Thanks for the help with this one, guys!

BW

I M1K3Y B I
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I can set the game up properly and it runs fine for about 4 hours, then for some reason i get a message on the screen saying i have been disconnected from Xbox live.

If i go to the dashboard, its signs me back in :S

What am i doing wrong? any ideas?

Huginho19
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
does anyone know if you can get these on private match with another player?? plz message me back as its the last achievement i need :( or message me on live Huginho19

AugustAPC
02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Wow, I signed up on this forum to find out if anyone had any tips on finding APods as the Navi. It's aggravating to me to find out that players are willing to pollute online matches with their idle uselessness, just so they can grab 20 points for their ultimately worthless gamer score.

I usually don't say things like this, but... get a life.

UnforgettableSound
02-10-2010, 01:06 AM
AugustAPC, complaining about what others do isn't going to stop them, and me complaining to you, isn't going to stop you, so why complain at all?

wildlatics09
02-15-2010, 12:01 AM
this game is pretty good, if not challenging in some parts. probably the best game made off a film ive ever played. anyways, ive been boosting with an overseas friend PRIVATE and weve got most of the multiplayer achievements - just the capture and, obviously, this to get now. whoop whoop!

NGF xXxSPiTxXx
02-22-2010, 05:04 AM
first of all. This game is not just annother movie game! Grnated it is based on a movie. It is a good game. THere is plenty of exploring the enviroments are amazing! the story is great.

Second. The M-P is really fun. The only reason people say M-P is bad is because of the 150 games achievement. Its a fun game S-P and M-P are fun.

And there are plenty of missions side missions upgrading exploring fighting flying.

All and all I would give this game a (8 out of 10) and this isnt anythnig like Terminator!

YagerMonster420
03-12-2010, 10:08 AM
AugustAPC, complaining about what others do isn't going to stop them, and me complaining to you, isn't going to stop you, so why complain at all? hehehe - That's pretty much the reality with anything online. You cannot stop people from doing what they do. We can't stop hackers, glitchers, gamesavers or people from saying whatever.

Loader
03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Cheers for the info, will put this going tonight

Mercata
03-30-2010, 04:53 AM
Ah, I wish there'd been a way to change the match lengths, but c'est la vie.

Ryot Control
04-21-2010, 03:15 AM
completed 150 games using this method. Thanks for sharing.

Oinkness
04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
I left my xbox on to do this last night and when I woke up, it was turned off. I have no way to know how many games got completed do I? So I probably won't put my xbox through any more torture with this game... if someone wants to help me get it legitimately then that's cool but no more idling... poor wittle xboxy... :(

Emerald Axer
07-27-2010, 07:51 AM
thanx for this method, works great!!!!

Fatalfox
08-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the step by step, hopefully I will get this over the next day or so. In regards to this being worse than terminator there is no way, but thats not saying much because the game is awful too. That is just my opinion so don't flame me and in your opinion the MP or SP may be great, but really are there no other games you would rather be playing? Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, Halo, Mass Effect etc (just saying)

scorpy78
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
anybody tried this method http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/james-camerons-avatar/39861-150-played-matches-fast-way-do-glitch.html

Does it work?

Nightjar
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM

select mp (multiplayer)
start it up.

walk away. for 30 hours.

This method worked perfectly, just because you cannot see the games ending and starting it doesnt mean they are not. Evidence of each match can be found if you enter the match, you will see the time is ticking down.
I would advise you do all the other online achievements first as it reduces the time needed by quite a bit.
I would say it only took my machine being on for about 15hrs.

Happy acievement hunting.

Lumpi
08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
anybody tried this method http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/james-camerons-avatar/39861-150-played-matches-fast-way-do-glitch.html

Does it work?

can anybody confirm that this method is also working on the xbox?

Pteppic
08-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Does it work?

Yes, it does - I just got the achievement this way

IVIR BLOBBY
09-13-2010, 12:51 AM
I couldnt play this game online it truly disgusted me :)

metatron1970
09-24-2010, 07:36 AM
i tried it:
set up a private game (TDM).
open it to public.
the game starts automatically.
i never entered the game.
after 10 minutes the score says 0 kills 0 death.
next game.
my game is full of people (quite active online community)
i tried it for more than 36 hours...
no achievement.
so the conclusion is: it does not work!
or am i missing something?

Dangerous Brian
10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't fully agree.

Although everybody has the right to (and should) express their feelings about a game, I find it rather enjoyable.

Most movie based games suck, that's true. Easy achievements, lame gameplay, etc. only because of the success of the movie, they also try to suck some extra dollar$ out of your pocket.

But in regards to Cameron's Avatar, I feel they put a lot of efforts in it. I have completed the campaign as RDA, and am about to start the campaign as Avatar.

The graphics are a very detailed, you really get the feeling being in the jungle. When you're in combat, the sounds changes as almost starts to sound like in a movie, bringing more suspense.
I invite you to compare these plants in the jungle with the ones in Two World. See the difference? I did!

But, I must admit that the downside is, that every mission happens in the jungle. And yes, missions look all pretty much the same.

But it's also the first game to be in 3D (although you need specific equipment). Therefor, I wasn't able (yet) to experience the 3D effects.
I'm pretty much certain their pushing the 'standards'.
I can imagine we'll want to play Halo 3 in a couple of years in 3D. Wouldn't that be great?

Back to Avatar... some say it's a rental at best... for me it's a keeper.

Couldn't agree more, although the voice acting is a bit off. One person in an area sounds like a whole squad.

muddeprived
10-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Can someone join me in multiplayer so I can get some of the achievements? I need three that require 1 vs 1 but no one ever plays those so I can't get em.

I will play for fun if you want to as well. I enjoy the game but the lack of folks playing multiplayer is disappointing.

gamtertag: muddeprived

GuniGugu99
05-22-2011, 05:47 PM
maan i dont have charge kit ,i have rechargable batteries , i guess i have to check my game every 15minutes then :( gona take forever

TriRock
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Does it work?

Yes it does. I got it this way.

Asturgis
05-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Wow, I signed up on this forum to find out if anyone had any tips on finding APods as the Navi. It's aggravating to me to find out that players are willing to pollute online matches with their idle uselessness, just so they can grab 20 points for their ultimately worthless gamer score. I usually don't say things like this, but... get a life.

It's a problem on real games like REACH, Battlefield, Crysis 2 or COD. Who gives a fuck about this game. I'm the first to glass idlers on REACH and even spend entire rounds of Firefight pushing them out of bounds or attracting Elites in the spawn room just so they don't steal perfections. But AVATAR isn't worth protecting. If you don't want us to pollute your favorite game, go play some gay Rock Band with a plastic guitar and a light beer and feel like a man.

This game is a piece of trash and will be treated as such. Grind your achieves ASAP, and go buy a real game.