PDA

View Full Version : IGN: The Saboteur Review AU!!!

gmorra
12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
"It's an odd little saucisson, this one. Sean is distinctly unlikeable for the first two or three hours of gameplay, but gradually grows on you. The story is reasonable, although hampered by some laughable dialogue which we hope was deliberate, and steaming 'round the city and surrounding countryside giving the Nazis what for is entertaining enough that you almost don't need a story.

While it's a little rough around the edges we enjoyed this game more than we thought we would. It's far from perfect, but it's great to see Pandemic going out with a bang.

9.0 Presentation
We really liked the stark contrast between occupied and free zones as unsubtle as it is. Good menus, and the Perks screen comes complete with 'authentic' Irish comments from the big man himself.

7.5 Graphics
The graphics are a little jaggy, and there were a few frame-rate issues but, for the most part, this is a perfectly acceptable-looking game. Workmanlike, you might say.

7.0 Sound
Voice acting is pretty sketchy, but grows on you, much like the (deliberately?) bad efforts from the cast of 'Allo 'Allo. The music goes a long way to making up for the bad acting though.

8.0 Gameplay
This is one of those games that grows on you as you progress, even if you think it shouldn't. The simple fact is that blowing stuff up is heaps of fun, and The Saboteur has HEAPS of stuff to blow up.

7.5 Lasting Appeal
This is a single playthrough affair, but there's a huge amount of content to plough through that isn't directly linked to the main story.

Impressive OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)"

sepulturas666
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.gamingheaven.net/gamingreviews.php?reviewid=861

Another review. The final score is 86/100. :drunk

gmorra
12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.gamingheaven.net/gamingreviews.php?reviewid=861

Another review. The final score is 86/100. :drunk

Sick!!! Thanks for the post!:drunk

Barad
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Glad this game got positive reviews :)

the_b1ues
12-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Just went on ign and is says its only rated 6.2

gmorra
12-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Just went on ign and is says its only rated 6.2

Yea and I said IGN: The Saboteur Review "AU"!!! Not UK or US...IGN US gave it a 7.2 or something like that.

Daiphyer.
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
What's the difference between AU UK US versions ?!

sepulturas666
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/saboteur

Sad, the game got same scores as Mercs2. It's alot better than this crap. :(

gmorra
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
What's the difference between AU UK US versions ?!

They are different web site with different reviewers who give different scores.

Daiphyer.
12-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh, so the reviewer is different not the game. And this game is alot better than Mercenaries 2. Definitely most underrated game of 2009 after Bionic Commando.

gmorra
12-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh, so the reviewer is different not the game. And this game is alot better than Mercenaries 2. Definitely most underrated game of 2009 after Bionic Commando.

Exactly...the game is the same, just the reviewer is different. I agree with everything you said. Very under rated! Can somebody please tell me why Red Faction got a better score then The Saboteur???:confused:

sepulturas666
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Can somebody please tell me why Red Faction got a better score then The Saboteur???:confused:

Red Faction has great multiplayer. :)

gmorra
12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Red Faction has great multiplayer. :)

Ahh, I forgot about that. Yea, sadly something like that would definantly make a reviewer choose Red Faction over The Saboteur.