PDA

View Full Version : Free Launch DLC: BOOBS!!!!

GH Punk
12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
The Saboteur released in the UK today, and those who purchase the game brand new are in for a sordid treat. Pandemic's last hurrah is getting launch DLC that will allow players to toggle nudity on or off, as well as open up a brand new playable area. The rub, of course, is that this it needs a one-use code provided for those who purchase brand new.

If you buy The Saboteur new from launch, you will get a Belle de Nuit ticket inside that unlocks the secret basement of Sean Devlin's favorite strip club. Inside, you can play a minigame to earn some extra cash, and watch a saucy nude dance from one of three buxom French girls -- or all three at once, if you're feeling frisky.

In addition, extra hiding places will open up in the game's world, allowing Sean to evade Nazi pursuit by ducking into a selection of brothels. Note that this DLC is the only way to activate in-game nudity, which will fill the game with more boobs than you could possibly imagine. If that's not a purchase incentive, I don't know what is.

I've been playing The Saboteur for the past few days, but the game is so big it's been impossible to beat it before embargo. Our review will definitely hit before the US release next week though, so stay tuned. What I can tell you right now, however, is that this game is one of the biggest surprises of the year.

credit: Destructoid (http://bit.ly/5GdBAU)

FakePlasticTree
12-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Will this code exist in the North American version? You can have all the violence you want but the general American public won't stand for sex and nudity. I'm wondering if we're going to have another Indigo Prophecy situation on our hands.

Nlkuysdf
12-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Will this code exist in the North American version? You can have all the violence you want but the general American public won't stand for sex and nudity. I'm wondering if we're going to have another Indigo Prophecy situation on our hands.

Well one of the guys on this board, from the US, that's currently playing it has said he has the code. So, I'm assuming everyone will get the code in NA, or atleast the US.

GH Punk
12-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Word around the water cooler is that it will be shipped to the US as well. It will be available for download on XBL and PSN for around $5. This game is only shipping once supposedly so if you haven't pre-ordered it yet, I would suggest you do.

Nlkuysdf
12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Word around the water cooler is that it will be shipped to the US as well. It will be available for download on XBL and PSN for around $5. This game is only shipping once supposedly so if you haven't pre-ordered it yet, I would suggest you do.

What is shipping to the US for $5? The code? I thought it was included in the manuel?

ChemicalRider
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
@GH Punk u got the Promotional Copy (not for sale) version for press? Because in it i didnt get any code, there was just the DVD :(

DENAz666
12-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Ummmm pretty sure you don't need the DLC to activate nudity. lol i don't know what they are on about.

Dz06lt
12-04-2009, 02:50 AM
yeah its been said you do, its kind of a bonus for buying new otherwise you have to $5 for the add on

DENAz666
12-04-2009, 03:00 AM
yeah its been said you do, its kind of a bonus for buying new otherwise you have to $5 for the add on

Yeah i was asking if its been confirmed that there is no nudity without the code. But i just had a read of another post and i can see that it really does.

I was more thinking of the intro scene, i thought that chick would be naked in all versions, but yeah i guess not :P

I entered the DLC before even starting, so i never got a chance to compare

GH Punk
12-04-2009, 03:13 AM
The Saboteur officially launches in the US next teusday and it will launch with a code for the DLC on PS3 and X-Box 360 and if you pre-ordered with GameStop, a Nazi Knive for silent takedowns. It is also said that the DLC will be released on PS3 and 360 for a cost around $2.99/240 MSP. It will be a single use code that once it has been used, it is done. So for those who are picking it up used, you will have to drop 400MSP. PC players of the game need not worry as the option to toggle Nudity is already set in the game. This has been confirmed by Pandemic through their official twitter.

@Nlkuysdf: I meant to say the code will be shipped with the game and there will be a chance for people who buy the game used or something who can buy the DLC. Correction on the price though. It will cost $2.99 on PSN and 240 MSP on XBL.

@DENAz666: For PS3 and X-Box 360, you do need to purchase the DLC or have the code get the DLC for free to activate the nudity in the game. the PC version is the only console that will support the nudity on/off choice on-disc.