PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy This Game?

StephenG70
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I saw this in Game for 28 and I was tempted but I didn't know whether or not to buy it. So could someone tell me if it's good and why. I have played previous Tekkens, 3 & 4 to be precise.

VinasErgoth
12-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Last Tekken game I played before this was Tag Tournament for the PS2. I saw this in the shop the other day for 32 and I figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out I love it and am considering trading in Street Fighter 4 now because this is way better (imo).

Definately worth the purchase at 28. Especially if you know someone else with it. The campaign, while single-player, is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Tekken. No longer are you forced to have 10 or so fights with very little story to go on in the arcade mode. It takes a little while to get used to, but after that, you'll be forgetting to sleep!

FurryMohkis
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM
You can get Soul Calibur 4 and Street Fighter 4, both which are better than Tekken 6 for cheaper.

VinasErgoth
12-06-2009, 01:13 AM
I prefer Tekken 6 over Street Fighter 4. It plays better, has more characters with a greater range of moves. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait to get SF4 when it was released, but I just find this better.

FurryMohkis
12-06-2009, 12:27 PM
I prefer Tekken 6 over Street Fighter 4. It plays better, has more characters with a greater range of moves. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait to get SF4 when it was released, but I just find this better.

It has less characters because they're better balanced and play smoother and more fluidly. There's no input lag and the online isn't laggy and unplayable. :drunk

VinasErgoth
12-06-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm yet to find this input lag you speak of, nor have I had any lag during online games so far. Perhaps you've just been unlucky.

StephenG70
12-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the quick and detailed response guys, I have played SF 4 and personally, I didn't enjoy it although that's not me saying it's shit. I haven't played Soul Calibur but now that you've suggested it I'll give the demo a whirl. I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy Tekken and I'll post back once I get it saying what I think about it.

VinasErgoth
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Hope you enjoy it. If you want any help boosting the online achievements, give me a shout. I'm almost always on it.

Soulflyy
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
It has less characters because they're better balanced and play smoother and more fluidly. There's no input lag and the online isn't laggy and unplayable. :drunk

LOL Sagat is broken & you know it

i have a perfect internet connection & only fight people with stability but 60% i will get really bad lag i don't know what SF your playin lol

But anyway i believe SF4 is the best game out of the two but my love still runs deep for Tekken 6

FurryMohkis
12-07-2009, 02:45 AM
LOL Sagat is broken & you know it

Broken? How exactly?

About lag, I've never had any during any of my SF 4 matches. Must be localization.

Soul Calibur 4 has many great elements added to it. Also, it's absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

Soulflyy
12-07-2009, 08:22 AM
YouTube- SAGAT IS BROKEN!!!! cmon say it.. you'll feel better :)

Vid says it all :P

FurryMohkis
12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Why do I always kick Sagat's ass then? Me thinks that guy just does not know how to play Street Fighter.:Bounce:

Sagat is much more bulky than Ryu and despite his tall size, his moves actually don't reach that far as you'd think. I like to wait for an opening since Sagat players are really horrible at judging the reach and lure them into doing opening uppercut or knee and then follow up with my own EX dragon punch or Sakura's kick combo. Sakura makes Sagat her bitch with those long, intense kicks easily. That's why the game is so great, all the characters have their strengths and their weakness. Sagat seems like he'd be over powered but really, he has his flaws as well. :woop:

Soulflyy
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Lol do you even know who Free1up is?

He is a top tournament player & i'm not about Xbox live i mean PROPER professional tournament players check the Tier list
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/
Saget has been Top Tier for months

& your logic is flawed so because you beat a Saget on xbox live that makes them normal?

you obviously have no idea what your talking about even the pros say Saget is broken do some research before you even reply

the fact you don't know who Free1up is shows you have no Street Fighter background knowledge

FurryMohkis
12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Professional player? You mean you get paid for playing the game well?

How can I become one? I've finally found my dream job! :Bounce:

I have no idea who Free1up is. My knowledge about Street Fighter is about the game, not the players.

Soulflyy
12-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Professional player? You mean you get paid for playing the game well?

How can I become one? I've finally found my dream job! :Bounce:

I have no idea who Free1up is. My knowledge about Street Fighter is about the game, not the players.

Yep they get paid if they win at events ect

infact Daigo the world's greatest street fighter player can't speak a word of english has his own translater there like Gaming Celebrities

so far the only person who has come close to beating him is Justin Wong greatest SF player in America

anyway i know i would believe pro's like that then random forum posts claiming Saget is not broken these people play at competitive levels so they know what there talking about

MPC
12-08-2009, 03:04 AM
it's 20.00 on shop2.net so yea get it's cause it's dope

allpraise2me
12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
I saw this in Game for 28 and I was tempted but I didn't know whether or not to buy it. So could someone tell me if it's good and why. I have played previous Tekkens, 3 & 4 to be precise.

19.99 at Shopto.net and yes is a great game.

Soulflyy
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
no more smart replys? :P

shame

OptimusPrime987
12-12-2009, 10:31 PM
its 17.99 on play.com ordered mine today looking ward 2 playin as hworang and eddy gordo again havent played tekken since the 3rd one shout if you wanna game

FurryMohkis
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
no more smart replys? :P

shame

I'm sorry, I've been busy with real life. :drunk

And you didn't tell me how to become a professional. I'm serious. I do have what it takes and would like to prove myself and represent my country. Where do I send my resume?

Soulflyy
12-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry, I've been busy with real life. :drunk

And you didn't tell me how to become a professional. I'm serious. I do have what it takes and would like to prove myself and represent my country. Where do I send my resume?

lol i thought you were joking? :P

Okay tell me which country your from & i'll look at the list of tournaments in that area :-)