PDA

View Full Version : Master of Disguise (small spoiler)

ponypo2001
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Any help here.I've done 2 missions so far starting in a disguise and finishing in the same disguise (made sure not to swap uniforms) and still don't have the achievement.Only thing that's happened is I died on one attempt so chose retry.It was however right at the start of the mission.Did that death screw me out of the achievement or is there something I'm missing?

Last mission I tried it on was where you free Crochet and his men from the town square cages.

Any ideas or tips from anyone that has done the achievement?

Gnasher13
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Have you done the one where you meet Santos and have to blow up the tower and car and kill the general to access the black market? That is by far the easiest mission to do it on.

tuk3r
12-05-2009, 06:24 PM
anyone any idea on how to free Crochet and his men from the town square cages? i cant do it without alerting everyone! smash and grab job worked the best but as i was escaping my partner died!

ponypo2001
12-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Have you done the one where you meet Santos and have to blow up the tower and car and kill the general to access the black market? That is by far the easiest mission to do it on.

Yeah I did that one but got spotted on the general part.I think my mistake was in not acing the mission I tried first go.I think once you're spotted and click retry,the game has already noted that you lost your disguise.Grrr.

ponypo2001
12-05-2009, 06:34 PM
anyone any idea on how to free Crochet and his men from the town square cages? i cant do it without alerting everyone! smash and grab job worked the best but as i was escaping my partner died!
Take out on of the sniper towers and nick his rifle.Then find the solitary sniper tower along the road with the bloodstains on it.You can snipe from there and kill most guards then just climb the other tower in the courtyard and stealth kill the last couple of soldiers.Then you can just free everyone with no aggro.

tuk3r
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Take out on of the sniper towers and nick his rifle.Then find the solitary sniper tower along the road with the bloodstains on it.You can snipe from there and kill most guards then just climb the other tower in the courtyard and stealth kill the last couple of soldiers.Then you can just free everyone with no aggro.

thank you!!

Gnasher13
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah for the general you should have just thrown grenades down there from the roof above him. It will create a suspicious zone but they wont be able to see you. Those grenades will also lure away the guys near the vehicle you need to blow up.

rza_2002
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Any ideas or tips from anyone that has done the achievement?

you need to not get alarm or anything on the whole level, just make sure you are disguise before you start the mission, i got it on the 2nd of 3rd mission for that british woman, you just pick her up and drive her somewhere, so killing/sneaking etc involved at all

theres also a mission where u have to snipe a guy for the priest, as soon as i shot the guy i was that well hidden i automatically escaped from the nazi's after moving about an inch

osakamitsu
12-05-2009, 08:32 PM
hahaha I just got it soooo easy! There is a mission for santos where you have to destroy 3 convoy trucks that he says are sitting ducks. I already had a disguise on when I talked to him... then I jacked a truck drove it behind the trucks and parked it by the 1st truck next to some explosive barrels... i also stealth killed the guy walking behind there first. But after that I planted an explosive on the left of the building behind the trucks on the HUGE fuel tank... then I rang and jumped in the watery mote behind that area. 2/3 trucks were destroyed immediately and then about 2 or 3 seconds later the 3rd was destroyed giving me the achievement instantly without me even have to swim away and hide. SOOO easy.

ponypo2001
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
you need to not get alarm or anything on the whole level, just make sure you are disguise before you start the mission, i got it on the 2nd of 3rd mission for that british woman, you just pick her up and drive her somewhere, so killing/sneaking etc involved at all

theres also a mission where u have to snipe a guy for the priest, as soon as i shot the guy i was that well hidden i automatically escaped from the nazi's after moving about an inch

Those sound perfect mate thank you.

True Marvellous
12-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Think this achievement is glitched Ive done 3 missions without breaking my disguise and no dice.

ponypo2001
12-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Think this achievement is glitched Ive done 3 missions without breaking my disguise and no dice.

I just got it first go doing the first mission for Father Denis,the priest.You basically just need to grab a uniform before talking to him to start the mission then go to the church,climb up and shoot.As soon as you've shot the target,mission is over and you should get the points.Thanks very much for the tip rza_2002 for that mission,it worked a charm.

SketchStone
12-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I just got it first go doing the first mission for Father Denis,the priest.You basically just need to grab a uniform before talking to him to start the mission then go to the church,climb up and shoot.As soon as you've shot the target,mission is over and you should get the points.Thanks very much for the tip rza_2002 for that mission,it worked a charm.

I'll also be tring it on that mission, thanks for the heads up :)

True Marvellous
12-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Finally got it, didn't do anything different I did on the other occasions but got the, keep disguise and don't raise alarm at the same time.

I did it on the 1st croche mission the one where you have to kill the general as who took his hand.

You have to take him down hand to hand or stealth kill, but the mission ends soon as he's dead unlocking both.

Abe_sapien
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
The only thing I'll add is I got this and and 'No Witness' doing the mission where Luc asks you follow a General and then take out an informant. I was in a disguise before hand. Simple follow quest. I could have probably got 'Trick or Treat' if I'd dashed after the General once the informant was dead if I hadn't hit the Dashboard button to find out how I'd got two achievements in one go (my record is seven achievements at once, but that was on Gears of War)

Kamonji
12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
hahaha I just got it soooo easy! There is a mission for santos where you have to destroy 3 convoy trucks that he says are sitting ducks. I already had a disguise on when I talked to him... then I jacked a truck drove it behind the trucks and parked it by the 1st truck next to some explosive barrels... i also stealth killed the guy walking behind there first. But after that I planted an explosive on the left of the building behind the trucks on the HUGE fuel tank... then I rang and jumped in the watery mote behind that area. 2/3 trucks were destroyed immediately and then about 2 or 3 seconds later the 3rd was destroyed giving me the achievement instantly without me even have to swim away and hide. SOOO easy.

Worked also fine for me. Thx for the Help

fantazja
12-13-2009, 05:06 AM
it looks to me like as long as you start a mission in disguise, and as long as you don't lose it, you get the achievement. maybe that's the missing ingredient. :)

Quillz717
12-13-2009, 09:45 AM
You could always just use tha disguise when you do one of tha racing missions... that's what I did.