PDA

View Full Version : contraband soooooo easy you'll cry

osakamitsu
12-06-2009, 05:29 AM
ok so I dont know the missions name but you meet this guy on the street and then he tell you that the nazi's have found the place that they keep the women and girl and they are going to blow the place up with a big gun and you have to fight to the gun and blow it up. Ok so fight to the gun and blow it up. Then jump on the AA gun next to it or down a level... then blow up the tower to the left of it and get a level 4/5 alarm. Then all these zeppelins and fighter jets start firing at you. Start blasting them out of the sky for EASY money. Planes are worth 100 and zep's are worth 50. I have almost 10,000 contra after about 20 mins. These things are infinte. Nothing comes after you except the plane but they are easy to shoot down.

Doing this I have got credit for 2/5 terror squad nazi's... what are these things anyway? I dont know why I would get two and only two from this.

ponypo2001
12-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Oh I like this tip,I shall try it.I was hoarding my contraband to make sure I had enough to buy everything but this seems real nice.Plus there is a perk for destroying Zeppelins I think.

The terror squads are one of the foot squads that appear at higher alarm ratings.I think they are the heavily armoured guys with the gasmasks on.

JimL2112
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM
tehGUN said: (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2609711&postcount=4)The first thing i did in the game was gathering 20 000 contraband by killing zeppelings without level5, so yeah :>
I think I can explain that because I have done this too, starting with around $400 contraband I ended up with over $20,400 contraband.
Over by the Gare De L'Est trainyard is an artillery gun you can sit on and swivel around. After killing off a few Nazis who came in on foot, zeppelins started to come. Swiveling the artillery gun, there is one to the south, one to the northeast and one to the northwest. I just kept the gun swivelling and the zeppelins kept respawning behind me. They're worth $50 contraband apiece and I could kill one about every 10 seconds.

JimL2112
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
*embarassed*

oops forgot to add the attachment, map of artillery gun I used.

tehGUN
12-12-2009, 10:08 PM
You dont have to get an alarm of or anything, they just keep on spawning ALWAYS to your left. Make sure to do this in the beginning of the game, since you will have larger alarms later in the game, making this quite hard.

True Marvellous
12-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I personally wouldn't bother with this farming method as you don't really need a big stash of cash any how.

Cash is quick enough to obtain just by blowing free play targets up.

station rpg
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
That's true,but geez-us-christ man,there's only so much you can spend the contraband on....i dont know how in the hell I'll spend 75000,or whatever it is...I guess i'll start shooting up in the air....
...SHITE!...This game is takeing forever.

ThatRuddyGuy
12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
That's true,but geez-us-christ man,there's only so much you can spend the contraband on....i dont know how in the hell I'll spend 75000,or whatever it is...I guess i'll start shooting up in the air....
...SHITE!...This game is takeing forever.

To spend contraband quickly, start suiciding while holding the guns with the most expensive ammo. Each time you die and "Return to HQ" you lose all your weapons and ammo, so you can just keep rebuying it. Can go through a lot of money very quickly that way.

station rpg
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
That's what i thought about at first,but the more my ego tells me to:(shh,this game is about stealth)the more postal i become...Happy holidays.:)

True Marvellous
12-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah the game works better when you sneak, there's nothing better than sneaking into a base planting all your RDX and the sneaking back out.

Shame the game early grinds to a halt when you blow it all, also if your playing through a surround sound set up , it nearly blows the speakers off the wall .

DENAz666
12-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I personally wouldn't bother with this farming method as you don't really need a big stash of cash any how.

Cash is quick enough to obtain just by blowing free play targets up.

Agreed, i figured this farming method out pretty early, but it just takes too long, and is way too boring :P Blowing freeplay targets gives you both money and achievment progress, so i just do that, its not like there is a shortage of targets :P

pacokorn77
12-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I have to ask: the AA gun in question is the AA tank, right? If so, how do you hijack it? I kill the nazis near it, and I don't get the prompt to hit Y to get hijack it. Am I missing something painfully obvious?

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't see the actual AA turret. Disregard...

DENAz666
12-18-2009, 01:45 AM
^^ Yeah the AA guns are scattered all around the map, there are a couple that are in really good spots where you can shoot down onto the street as well as the blimps in the air. Quick way to get your alarm level up :)

YOTESLAYA
12-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Its way easier to run around and blow stuff up. sitting on an AA gun for that long is boring as hell. Trust me I had the same idea and it lasted about 5 minutes and I was bored as.......you get my point

R Rated Love
12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Is it possible to get the 75000 contraband purely via freeplay and missions? Or is this sort of "farming" necessary at one point or another? (Just asking before I blow through the rest of the gunners without doing this)

X JOHNSON 4
12-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Is it possible to get the 75000 contraband purely via freeplay and missions? Or is this sort of "farming" necessary at one point or another? (Just asking before I blow through the rest of the gunners without doing this)

Yes you can get way over 75k contraband by just doing the freeplay's, im almost there and only about halfway done with the freeplay's.

DENAz666
12-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah this method just got boring for me. Doens't need to be anywhere specific, there are AA guns all throughout paris, so you'll find them everywhere.

Was posted here a day or two ago: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195340

zan2000
12-21-2009, 08:25 AM
ok so I dont know the missions name but you meet this guy on the street and then he tell you that the nazi's have found the place that they keep the women and girl and they are going to blow the place up with a big gun and you have to fight to the gun and blow it up. Ok so fight to the gun and blow it up. Then jump on the AA gun next to it or down a level... then blow up the tower to the left of it and get a level 4/5 alarm. Then all these zeppelins and fighter jets start firing at you. Start blasting them out of the sky for EASY money. Planes are worth 100 and zep's are worth 50. I have almost 10,000 contra after about 20 mins. These things are infinte. Nothing comes after you except the plane but they are easy to shoot down.

Doing this I have got credit for 2/5 terror squad nazi's... what are these things anyway? I dont know why I would get two and only two from this.
i went to 21,890 contraband that was a good method i got bored so i stopped

Midnight Malice
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Just say hell. Are you serious?

Or FUCK! Jesus Christ man!

some people don't cuss, you would assume someone playing Saboteur wouldn't have any problems with it, but you may be surprised... why do you have to flame someone with a pointless post. At least he contributed to the thread.

Anyway, if you plan on getting 1k, which I assume most people here want to, this is a waste of time. You get MORE than enough from the freeplay to get all the weapons and the spend 75,000. If for some reason AFTER you do everything and don't have it, then well, honestly..... you fail. I suppose if you do it once for 10 minutes or so early on so you can buy the good shit faster, then it may be worth it, but you gotta run through the game anyway, just get the halfprice explosive and double dynamite perks and taking out a lot of freeplay targets in a short amount of time is a lot easier. Why not collect contraband while destroying targets, since you gotta do it anyway.

GoJoeThibaultGo
12-22-2009, 03:53 PM
using this method is it possible to get the "Destroy 20 Nazi Vehicles with 1 Vehicle" requirement for the gold mayhem perk.

basically...do the zepps and jets count?

Midnight Malice
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
zepps count, not sure bout jets, but the AA gun doesn't, it is a stationary turret, not a vehicle.

GoJoeThibaultGo
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
the AA gun counts as a vehicle its been confirmed. not to say im gonna be gunning down AA guns, but if your in an AA gun shooting down vehicles it will count (for the achievement and the gold perk requirement)

osakamitsu
12-22-2009, 08:36 PM
its funny how everyone is complaining saying its a waste of time... I didnt claim it was necessary for any reason... I just said it was EASY. If your looking for an easy way to make a lot of money really fast this is it.

DENAz666
12-23-2009, 02:13 AM
zepps count, not sure bout jets, but the AA gun doesn't, it is a stationary turret, not a vehicle.

Actually no, i'm pretty sure zepps don't count nor jets. It would be too easy to just sit on a AA gun and shoot down 20 zeps...

zan2000
12-23-2009, 04:56 PM
The place where Dr. Kwong tells you t blow up the huge cannon, the rooftop has 8 AA guns and an alarm deactivation box, you can switch AA guns for a better view and when you done you can deactivate the alarm and forget the hassle of trying to escape. Thats what i did and i made 14-16,000 before i got bored and left.

R Rated Love
12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
The place where Dr. Kwong tells you t blow up the huge cannon, the rooftop has 8 AA guns and an alarm deactivation box, you can switch AA guns for a better view and when you done you can deactivate the alarm and forget the hassle of trying to escape. Thats what i did and i made 14-16,000 before i got bored and left.

But what's the point? You get 75000 through the missions and freeplay regardless, it's just a waste of time to sit around and shoot down zeppelins.

DENAz666
12-24-2009, 03:13 AM
But what's the point? You get 75000 through the missions and freeplay regardless, it's just a waste of time to sit around and shoot down zeppelins.

Exactly, even then you end up with a shit load of extra contraband. I got my 75k acheivement about half way through the freeplay targets, now i've got a bout 50k with nothing to spend it on :P No point in hording contraband, unless you die a hell of a lot...

R Rated Love
12-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I just finished the game 1000/1000 and aside from a few zeppelins killed while going for alarms, I didn't "farm" any and still have 17,000 contraband left. Definitely no need to do anything like this. Unless you like wasting time, or truly enjoy doing it.

Golden138
12-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I found an excellent area that you can farm this twice as fast. Go to la Harve, in the middle of an encampment next to the ocean is a AA right in the middle of the camp. Own all the nazi's and then board the AA. Zeppellins spawn twice as fast, and the plane is easy bait here due to the fast cycling of the AA!

ZYM
12-28-2009, 05:06 PM
To spend contraband quickly, start suiciding while holding the guns with the most expensive ammo. Each time you die and "Return to HQ" you lose all your weapons and ammo, so you can just keep rebuying it. Can go through a lot of money very quickly that way.

once you "buy" a gun you don't pay for it again, only ammo . . .

$RebelG
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
After roaming around the map I ended up on an AA gun on a 'bridge' under a railway track. Shot Zeppelins and they just kept re-spawning was great since whenever you'd get the alarm raised it would just disappear again since there were no Nazi's around since it was the countryside.

Barad
12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Now that is an easy way of doing it.

ZYM
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
using this method is it possible to get the "Destroy 20 Nazi Vehicles with 1 Vehicle" requirement for the gold mayhem perk.

basically...do the zepps and jets count?

Not sure how far you are in the game but you can find tanks around and just jump in on and set off an alarm and you will have vehicle after vehicle coming to you just destroy them till you hit twenty . . .

Bazajaytee
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM
So I finished everything except spending contraband and needed about 30,000 more to get the achievement.
I found the best way is to set the game to the hardest difficulty then suicide.
The game will reset the ammo for ALL weapons to empty not just the two you carry. So go back to the dealer and buy all ammo again. You'll spend just over 2000 contraband each time you do it.