PDA

View Full Version : climbing the Eiffel Tower

Master(G)
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I managed to get to the 2nd platform, in the middle of the tower, but I cannot figure out a way to go further up. the elevators are all broken and I can't seem to find anything to climb. Help would be very welcome!

TRICKY1976
12-07-2009, 11:39 AM
This is were im stuck aswell i tried climbing the girders but cant and from 2nd platform the elevator only takes u back down!! I got bored and jumped!!!:(

sepulturas666
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I used that guide -

YouTube- The Saboteur - Top o' the World Achievement Guide

Alternative way: wait until you reach the final story mission. In the beginning all elevators work.

Bulldog LXXIII
12-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I can't view videos when in work so cannot tell if the video shows the same route I took or anything different so I will just leave a textual response.

From the ground I took the first elevator up... think if I remember the entrance glowed red.

Then once up to the level the elevator stopped on I climbed up the outside girders as they criss-crossed each other and climbed them all the way to where what looked like cables jutting out at an angle and connecting to the upper floor.

I grabbed hold of the cables and shimmy'd to the end and managed to grab up to where they are connected and pulled myself up to the next floor.

From there it was just a case of using another elevator and then using the stairs and climbing the final ladders to the top of the tower.

And once on the top/birds nest view point having unlocked the achievement I saw the pool of water to the back of the ladder and jumped aiming and managing to land in the water for the other achievement.

Born Apophis
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
There's a oblique bar that supports the next floor, just try to jump on it, and eventually (it's somewhat bugged this sequence) he will climb to the next level.

xX Adam 1993 Xx
12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
that video shows the hardest way. when youre on the 2nd platform one of the elavators works and will take you frther up