PDA

View Full Version : OXM - April

DarkLif3
03-02-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't take credit for any of the below

This'll be just the 360 stuff:

Demo Disc - Demos Call of Duty, Kameo, Quake 4, Condemned, Full Auto, King Kong; Themes Condemned, GRAW; Art Galleries Prey, Oblivion; Feature Prey; Video Wik

We Love Xbox - Brothers In Arms 3

2006 Year In Preview - tons of games previewed, I'll list them later... no Halo 3

Rumor Mole - Vanguard no longer on 360, Phantasy Star Universe is possible, no Starcraft Ghost on 360, no World of Warcraft

Idol Chat - Bioware questions Bungie

Untold Story of 360 Launch

Reviews:
Oblivion - 9.5
Fight Night - 10.0
Tomb Raider - 8.0
GRAW - 9.0
Burnout - 8.5
College Hoops 2k6 - 8.0
The Outfit - 8.5

AmpleSteak
03-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Good Job!

DarkLif3
03-02-2006, 01:32 AM
No doubt that March is a great month for games

graf1k
03-02-2006, 03:53 AM
How fucking lame though that the demo disk is Kameo and Q4 and all these launch titles + Full Auto, the full game of which has been out for about 2 weeks now. When I heard there was 6 demos on the upcoming demo disc I figured it would be GRAW, BF2, Burnout Revenge and Blazing Angels and maybe 2 old games.

Hardware
03-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I figured it would be GRAW, BF2, Burnout Revenge and Blazing Angels and maybe 2 old games.

I'm not trying to argue here, but you have to be a little more realistic. OXM doesn't make the demo's for these games and I haven't heard any promise of a Demo for 3 of the 4 games you listed.

P1NSEEKER
03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
is this the u.s edition ???

graf1k
03-02-2006, 01:56 PM
I figured it would be GRAW, BF2, Burnout Revenge and Blazing Angels and maybe 2 old games.

I'm not trying to argue here, but you have to be a little more realistic. OXM doesn't make the demo's for these games and I haven't heard any promise of a Demo for 3 of the 4 games you listed.

No, but how hard is it to make a demo? I mean, think about it like movie trailers. When you go to the theater, they are playing trailers for movies from 3 months ago, they are playing trailers for new shit. Thats how the demos on these discs should be. New stuff. And with so many new games coming out in March, they don't have demos for ANY of them? That's fucking lame no matter how you cut it.

scoobydiesel
03-02-2006, 11:25 PM
ahh i like to buy this magazine

pmpboarder
03-02-2006, 11:53 PM

No, but how hard is it to make a demo? I mean, think about it like movie trailers. When you go to the theater, they are playing trailers for movies from 3 months ago, they are playing trailers for new shit. Thats how the demos on these discs should be. New stuff. And with so many new games coming out in March, they don't have demos for ANY of them? That's fucking lame no matter how you cut it.

Exactly. Plus, they have the review builds of all those games. You'd think the demo would appear well before the review build.

roywilliams31
03-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Damn....

Look at those reviews. Looks like it's gonna be a great month for games....although I don't think I would have given Fight Night Round 3 a perfect score (if that is accurate). From what I played of the game....it was good....but probably worthy of an 8-9. Oblivion will be my March game of choice. Can't wait.

Krazie
03-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Dont get me wrong, I love Fight Night, but Fight Night a 10 and Elder Scrolls a 9.5? Cmon now..

scoobydiesel
03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
yeah thats going to piss alot fo people off but mostly people who dont play sports games.

I dont think ES:O will get better then an 8/10 on my scale. but thats me....I think it mnight suck actuly since its the msut ahve title for everyone it seems.

i dont want to give my hopes up and watch it totaly suck...

Phaethon360
03-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I didn't think Splinter Cell CT would get 9.9, I didn't think it deserved it, but them crazy people at OXM love money, and they get paid out the whazoo. Hence, I really don't trust the reviews of Official anythings.

Slyght
03-04-2006, 12:25 AM

As an employee of a major movie studio, making trailers is not as easy as it may seem. What happens is that some editor (often a third party that's not involved with the actual production) takes all these shots and slaps them together, regardless of what state the shot is in (finished, still in the works, or even still in storyboard) and says "OK, this is what we want the trailer to be, so finish these shots asap!" Then we have to crunch to get all the shots shown in the trailer done. We're actually in the process of trying to get a trailer done at the moment.

It's even worse for a video games. First of all, the engine behind the game has to be stable enough for people to use it, which requires a lot of testing and whatnot. Sure, maybe the game only lets you view like 1% of the content, but the demo still probably has the majority of all the code for the entire game to run in it. Plus they have to spend time setting the game up to play as a demo, which depending on how the game was programmed, can be a very difficult task. Sometimes companies wait until the game is done and released before they start mucking about with making a demo, hence why demos for launch titles may be coming out now.

OXM would obviously prefer to get demos of unreleased games, that boosts the sale of their magazine (I still remember frantically trying to get a copy of OXM for the the original Splinter Cell demo).

graf1k
03-04-2006, 01:34 AM
I would hope the code would be stable for games that are supposed to be released within weeks of the magazine hitting news stands, a few of them before hand. If seems PC magazines can handle having demos for upcoming games. Hell, you can usually download a signle player AND multiplayer demo for triple A PC games before retail.

Helacool360
03-05-2006, 08:36 PM
i have this issue ...it has its pros and cons but it doesnt bother me

TimidKillah
03-10-2006, 03:36 AM
yeah thats going to piss alot fo people off but mostly people who dont play sports games

Yeah, well it pissed me off:mad: A 10? Yeah, its official. Officially paid off:eek: