PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark to be released early 2010

Jack Pumpkinhed
12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Perfect-Dark-XBLA-Coming-In-Early-2010-21553.html

Not soon enough :(

JohnnyR74
12-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Damn, I was afraid this would happen. A few months could be all the way to April for all we know. I hope it isn't too late.

acurate bob
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! My heart is broken, i will have new assignments for uni when it finally get here!!!! Damb, damb, double damb!

SilverSluggerMZ
12-10-2009, 01:33 AM
FML. i hate you.

Caramel Cardinal
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
damn i was really hoping for a xmas release
just hope that it's after my january exams or i'm screwed for them :D

Nozza XBA
12-11-2009, 11:42 AM
:eek:
:mad:
:uzi:
:(
:wtf
:confused:
:o
:AR15
:chair
:omg
:rant:
:boom

Did I mention im not happy about this?

Jack Pumpkinhed
12-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I am livid. I read "winter release" and like all of you I felt it would be out by xmas.

Now we're going to have to wait a long time for them to release this game.....

Ugh. Goddamn you Microsoft/Rare.....

oblivionspawn07
12-12-2009, 09:49 AM
F****** nintendo.

id rather have goldeneye.

jk PERFECT DARK is gonna own

Hitman4hire007
12-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Its not really rare's fault another developer is reworking it for its release on xb marketplace...anyone remember the slowdown on carrington villa when using the sniper rifle from atop the cliff must of been 1 frame per sec :) still its the last decent game rare produced although the story showed signs all wasn't well in the creative department following most of the goldeneye team left to form free radical:confused:

UCB Disco
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
F****** nintendo.

id rather have goldeneye.

Nintendo? They have nothing to do with this except for the fact that Perfect Dark debuted on their 64-bit system.

This whole delay is either Rare or Microsoft's fault... or both. If there is anyone to complain towards, it would be them.

As for Nintendo, the new Zelda is out, and it is pretty cool. If that means anything. hahaha. :D

bblcreator8790
12-12-2009, 11:11 PM
This sucks. I could swear they said it would be out in December quite awhile ago. I haven't paid for an arcade game yet, but this will be my first one.

Incompl33t
01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Just be patient guys, it'll be worth the wait....... hopefully.

KingPastry
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM
i found a link yesterday (i've misplaced it now) but it stated that perfect dark is done and ready for release.. they're just going through the microsoft screening process and should be out the last week of january or first week of february

shadow sniper
01-15-2010, 12:26 AM
i found a link yesterday (i've misplaced it now) but it stated that perfect dark is done and ready for release.. they're just going through the microsoft screening process and should be out the last week of january or first week of february

Do you remember if it was a site like IGN or kotaku?Or was it some random blog?

KingPastry
01-15-2010, 12:36 AM
i actually found it again

No, afraid not. 'Insiders', eh? Tsk. RT @ElectroTheatre (http://twitter.com/ElectroTheatre) Perfect Dark Xbox LIVE Arcade Release Date & Pricing Strategy http://bit.ly/7yXewG (http://bit.ly/7yXewG)

that was a tweet from the Rare.. the information is all listed throughout the article

JohnnyR74
01-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Read through the article, basically just speculation on the date though. Early february seems realistic, so lets hope it comes soon!

MakoBallistic
01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
well hopefully it will come out on the 27th, would be great to get this and Mass Effect 2 in the same week!!! what a week that would be...

acurate bob
01-16-2010, 07:00 PM
I got army of two for now, so by the 27th (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) i will have it done a few times.

Then I can have fun killing meat-turtle-sims all over again, such a great stress release....

Dustinator
01-19-2010, 04:08 AM
Well, isn't PD scheduled for a 4th quarter release? So the quarter ends the last week of March, I expect it sometime before April then. If it comes anytime before then I'll be happy :D But I am getting kinda impatient. I want the game to come out soon........

MakoBallistic
01-19-2010, 05:44 AM
It better not be bloody march, considering theyve stated that the conversion is already finished that would just be annoying as hell if they decide to hold it back just to boost their earnings for the end of the quarter.

GIVE ME MY PD!!!!!!!!! its been far too long since ive thrown down an N-bomb at my feet as im bum rushed by a bunch of pacifist-sims!!!!!!

dirge
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
It's says on Rare's website Winter not Q1, so the latest it will be out is Febuary 24th surely.
Have patience, game will follow. ;)

Dustinator
01-21-2010, 09:03 PM
It's says on Rare's website Winter not Q1, so the latest it will be out is Febuary 24th surely.
Have patience, game will follow. ;)

Winter, or the 4th Quarter of 2009 ends just before April. Like March 26th, I believe. Where did you get February 24th from?

EDIT: Wow. I saw what I posted a few days ago and I said Q1 2010. What the hell was I typing? I meant to say, I read that Microsoft said PD would be released in the 4th quarter of 2009. Bleh. Sorry for the confusion

dirge
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
hehe!

Whenever it is out, I cannot wait! I already have 1,200 ms points ready and waiting for it. :)

SP4ce93
02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I hope it's out this wednesday, I saw a website that stated Rare were looking to release it either on the 27th of January, or the 4th (?) of February, after they delayed it to 2010. I know XBLA games are usually released on a wednesday, so my best hope is for this wednesday - February 3rd.

Mind you, that's only a hope, still haven't heard anything yet.

Dustinator
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I hope it's out this wednesday, I saw a website that stated Rare were looking to release it either on the 27th of January, or the 4th (?) of February, after they delayed it to 2010. I know XBLA games are usually released on a wednesday, so my best hope is for this wednesday - February 3rd.

Mind you, that's only a hope, still haven't heard anything yet.

Sorry to squash your hope, but Microsoft already announced some of the arcade games coming out this month and so far it's these
Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays

February 3rd - Chime (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/chimexbla/)- 400 Microsoft points.
February 10th - Darwinia+ - 1,200 Microsoft points

So don't expect Perfect Dark until February 17th onward. And since this is PD we're talking about, Microsoft will reveal this heavy hitter on us well before the release date(at least a week I'd think). Remember it's still listed for Winter 2010 which is the end of December through end of March. So expect it before The last week of March

SP4ce93
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I was kinda thinking we probably would have heard something by now about it being released. At least it's probably going to be released this month anyway. Also, I guess I can pick up some MSP and get a Fallout 3 add-on, with enough MSP to spare for PD.

Still.... It's so damn close I can almost taste it... :D

Dustinator
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I got a $5 gift card to Best Buy and I'll be getting a 1600 point card there when Perfect Dark gets a solid release date. If I get the points card now, I'd spend it on songs I haven't purchased yet for Rock Band. The list just keeps getting longer and longer.........

Dustinator
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Had to post this. As seen on a Kotaku article earlier today

Perfect Dark, remastered for the Xbox 360 (http://kotaku.com/tag/xbox360/)'s Live Arcade with a 60 framers-per-a-second framerate, is making an appearance at next week's Xbox 360 X10 gaming summit in San Francisco.
Rare tells us that the game will be playable at the event, and that we can expect to "find out some more tidbits" concerning Perfect Dark's unveiling next week on Rare's Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/RareLtd).

Can't wait till next week to hear and see this baby in motion!! :)

shadow sniper
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Had to post this. As seen on a Kotaku article earlier today

Perfect Dark, remastered for the Xbox 360 (http://kotaku.com/tag/xbox360/)'s Live Arcade with a 60 framers-per-a-second framerate, is making an appearance at next week's Xbox 360 X10 gaming summit in San Francisco.
Rare tells us that the game will be playable at the event, and that we can expect to "find out some more tidbits" concerning Perfect Dark's unveiling next week on Rare's Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/RareLtd).

Can't wait till next week to hear and see this baby in motion!! :)

So what is the damn hold up!There are some good songs coming out on rock band but I'm saving all my points for this game.It's getting hard to keep holding out.

Caramel Cardinal
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Wow and unveiling, we were supposed to have it by now, i'd rather have the game than watch videos of other playing it.

MakoBallistic
02-08-2010, 12:30 AM
yeah its getting silly now, im tempted to just set up my N64 and play that version.....DAMMIT TO HELL. Or possibly just get Serious Sam HD, i dont think i could deal with an N64 controller these days.

dirge
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
My son plays my N64 nowadays, i've tried both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark out recently and I really couldn't get used to the controller. It just feels wrong with only the one analogue stick.

MikeJonesJaxson
02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Perfect Dark needs to hurry up. This is why I hate arcade titles, there is always something that causes massive delays. =/

Caramel Cardinal
02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
thats the thing though, in this case theres nothing causing the delays there just delaying it

Tatanko
02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
thats the thing though, in this case theres nothing causing the delays there just delaying it
Which is BS, just like the arguments that caused the demise of GoldenEye XBLA.

dirge
02-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Release list for Feb has been listed and no PD. :( Lets hope for march.

PolaSoup
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn it! I was really, really hoping for a Febuary release...

Ah roll on March.

slmmzy
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Release list for Feb has been listed and no PD. :( Lets hope for march.
Was it the full release list? The one I saw only had two XBLA release dates and room for another one or two (I forget the specifics).

Dustinator
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
My guess is that PD will be given a release date at X10(this week). Hopefully we'll get a firm release date before the end of the week......Please?

Caramel Cardinal
02-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Was it the full release list? The one I saw only had two XBLA release dates and room for another one or two (I forget the specifics).

tis true, nothing yet been announced for the 24th so if were lucky...

slmmzy
02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Fingers crossed.

Dustinator
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
From the front page. I think me might get to hear about Perfect Dark soon.........Only 2 more hours till X10 kicks off!!!!!

Major Nelson Drops A Few Juicy X10 Hints
Written Thursday, February 11, 2010 by Richard Walker

It's Xbox. It's 2010. It's X10 and Major Nelson has been dropping a few hints regarding the full line-up at the show taking place at the Terra Event Center in San Francisco today.
The Major tweeted (http://twitter.com/majornelson), "At the venue for our X10 event. A LOT of cool stuff to talk about starting tomorrow. Hint: SCDR2F3HRLP2 and more."
Okay - easy. That's Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dead Rising 2, Fable III, Halo: Reach and Lost Planet 2.
But wait, there's more!
"Ok..a couple of more new clues: GRPDAWTS. That's all for now."
Um...bit trickier that. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Perfect Dark, Alan Wake and perhaps The Sims?
Or maybe...(whisper it) TimeSplitters? Now that would be something.
Crackdown 2 will also be at the event, which starts later today. Keep an eye on the news when it all kicks off.

Tatanko
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Keep us updated! I hope we hear something about it this week :D

EDIT: I felt the need to share this since it hasn't been posted in the thread yet other than a small mention by Dustinator:

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2010/02/05/perfect-dark-xbla-playable-at-x10-new-screen/

He already mentioned the demo at X10, but there's a new screen on there as well.

slmmzy
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I can only imagine how cool a new Timesplitters would be.

Edit: PD Coming out in March according to sources.

Dustinator
02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Coming out in March according to sources.

Yep. It's part of Microsoft's "XBLA Block Party." Which will include Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal & Perfect Dark. So glad it's got a somewhat firm release window. Now, my guess is that it will be the last game released during the Block Party. So my guess is March 24th or 31st.....I'll go with March 24

shadow sniper
02-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Yep. It's part of Microsoft's "XBLA Block Party." Which will include Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal & Perfect Dark. So glad it's got a somewhat firm release window. Now, my guess is that it will be the last game released during the Block Party. So my guess is March 24th or 31st.....I'll go with March 24

It's not going to be the 3rd of March?!?

Tatanko
02-12-2010, 05:49 AM
We've already waited this long, what's another few weeks? At least we're finally getting it :D

slmmzy
02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
800 points too. Total steal.

JohnnyR74
02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
800 points too. Total steal.

You sure? I heard 1200. 800 seems a little low.

Edit: Just read a topic on here, it is 800. Awesome!

Caramel Cardinal
02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
3rd of march when they said early winter 2010 i expected you know early winter, march is kind of late winter isn't it :D
still at least i have a date to be off uni now :D

Caramel Cardinal
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Also 800msp i also heard 1,200 but seen as it's only 800 i think best bargin of xbla, though guessing will go up to 1,200 once bloc party is over with

Dustinator
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
It's not going to be the 3rd of March?!?

This article on the front page says PD won't come out the 3rd....

Xbox Live Arcade game Toy Soldiers will get the XBLA Block Party started on March 3rd, initiating a season of gaming goodness.

The eagerly anticipated XBLA port of Perfect Dark will come also as part of the Block Party alongside Arcade title Scrap Metal.

Game Room, which enables players to play and download retro games will also arrive as part of the XBLA Block Party.

So that means Perfect Dark will be coming out AFTER the 3rd of March....Still sticking with my prediction that it'll come out the 24th

bigbubba
02-12-2010, 06:04 PM
is dustinator saying that The Sims will be on xb360 arcade?!!?!

bblcreator8790
02-12-2010, 07:13 PM
It is indeed only 800 MS points. This may be one of the best deals in Arcade history.

Dustinator
02-12-2010, 07:38 PM
is dustinator saying that The Sims will be on xb360 arcade?!!?!

Naw, I never said that. If you go up to one of my other posts it basically says the lineup of games at the X10 events. As in retail full disc games like Alan Wake, Dead rising 2, etc. The Sims is coming to consoles. So it's coming to the 360, but not the arcade. Besides, their CEO said it would be coming to consoles in fiscal 2011 (which runs from April 2010 to March 2011). Hope that clears up your question...

Caramel Cardinal
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Dustinator man why do you have to reign on everyones parade, we can hope can@t we (though checking confirms your right they still havn't given us a definite date) though as they said winter origanally rather than q1 i'll go for the 10th myself :)

Dustinator
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Dustinator man why do you have to reign on everyones parade, we can hope can@t we (though checking confirms your right they still havn't given us a definite date) though as they said winter origanally rather than q1 i'll go for the 10th myself :)

Ha ha ha. Sorry for bringing reality into the forum realm. :p I'm just super excited for PD to come out and I've been on top of every scrap of info for quite awhile. Just want to keep others informed and from thinking it's coming out a certain date(when it hasn't been "officially" anounced) and then getting bummed/pissed off that the date came and went.

I really want PD to come out the 10th also(sooner the better), but I have a feeling Microsoft will release the other two games and the Game Room before PD. Because you KNOW all of us will be playing Perfect Dark and won't care what else comes out. ;) So they want us to buy the other games before we're completely preoccupied. Stinkin Microsoft....

Incompl33t
02-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Anyone watch the trailer on the dashboard? Looks great!

acurate bob
02-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah man. Looks as ace as when it was on N64. Can't wait. Also notice how they teased with the maps? I didn't recognise only one map? May be new ones , and the hints of goldeneye too. The weapons in the right map and the crosshairs too. Love it. PD in HD will KA! (kick ass) lol. Ohh I'm so giddy....

Dustinator
02-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Yeah, the trailer was awesome!! Even more hyped for it to come out next month. Here's the link if anyone hasn't downloaded it yet. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf0005-0000-4000-8000-0000584109c2

JohnnyR74
02-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Did anyone notice the presence of AK47's in the trailer? I never remember using an AK in the original.

..unless that was a gun you unlocked from Goldeneye, then I didn't have it. I only unlocked 2 or 3 of them. I also think I saw the M16's being dual-wielded as well.

Tatanko
02-14-2010, 04:23 PM
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

http://kotaku.com/5470627/perfect-dark-xbla-could-get-more-new-maps-weapons

Says there may be DLC. One thing I'm confused on, though...

The original game just had multiplayer online, the arcade version will allow you to play coop, counter-op, the challenges and mulitplayer online.
What do they mean "the original game just had multiplayer online"? The original was on the N64...which had no online capabilities.

JohnnyR74
02-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Says there may be DLC. One thing I'm confused on, though...

What do they mean "the original game just had multiplayer online"? The original was on the N64...which had no online capabilities.

I was reading through the comments, and most people seem to think it was just a typo. The N64 definitely did NOT have online. Haha, way too early for that. Nice to hear about possibility of DLC, I'm glad they are interested at least.

Incompl33t
02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Did anyone notice the presence of AK47's in the trailer? I never remember using an AK in the original.

..unless that was a gun you unlocked from Goldeneye, then I didn't have it. I only unlocked 2 or 3 of them. I also think I saw the M16's being dual-wielded as well.

KF7 Soviet. A Goldeneye weapon.

Dustinator
02-14-2010, 10:11 PM

Says there may be DLC.

*Runs off to read the Kotaku article*........Cool. The more and more I see and read, the more anxious I get. I would defintely buy some DLC for PD. If it was Multiplayer maps, new guns, or even(gasp)an expansion to the single player, I'd buy it day one.

I was seriously expecting this game to be $15 when it was released. Even bracing for it to be the first XBLA game to hit the $20 mark honestly. And I was willing to pay that much too. But for $10 and possiblity of DLC if enough people buy it? I am totally messaging all my friends the Wednesday this comes out to tell them to buy it. Can't wait :)

l3orecl
02-15-2010, 03:03 AM
So stoked to play this over again. Miss the good ole days of playings levels for time and unlocking weapons and characters.

Tatanko
02-15-2010, 05:42 AM
and possiblity of DLC if enough people buy it?
Don't get your hopes up just yet. Everyone "expected" there to be DLC for BF1943, too, because it was so hugely popular this past summer. Then there never was any because it was deemed a waste of time :rolleyes:

Dustinator
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Don't get your hopes up just yet. Everyone "expected" there to be DLC for BF1943, too, because it was so hugely popular this past summer. Then there never was any because it was deemed a waste of time :rolleyes:

Too true. The possiblity of DLC is a cherry on top of an already huge ice cream cake(perfect dark). The game is already near perfect as it was back in the day and it seems to be getting a fine tune up from what I've seen so far. But yeah, I don't have my hopes up too high for a "possibility." Totally content with PD as it is. :woop:

Tatanko
02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Totally content with PD as it is. :woop:
As am I, especially with the sweet updated graphics work they did. Adding content on might even seem weird to me since it's new content for a game that came out 10 years ago :p I would assume the new content wouldn't be totally unique stuff, though. To give you an example of what I mean...look at the way Call of Duty does multiplayer maps: they take campaign scenery and turn it into a multiplayer level. Most levels for shooters are at least based off of the same scenery/geometry as the story, but I have a feeling that if they want to make DLC worth their time (read: profitable), it's going to have to be something they don't need to invest a lot of time and effort into. As much as I love PD and want to see it succeed on XBLA, there's absolutely no way of knowing how well it's going to do once it's released. Which is precisely why they haven't decided on DLC yet, I suppose.

Dustinator
02-15-2010, 05:44 PM
As much as I love PD and want to see it succeed on XBLA, there's absolutely no way of knowing how well it's going to do once it's released. Which is precisely why they haven't decided on DLC yet, I suppose.

I think it's Microsoft drumming up the hype on PD saying, "now if you guys buy this game, we could release DLC. IF you all buy a ton though...." Which I understand. Microsoft is a business and they need to make money. I think PD will sell a good amount in the beginning and then word of mouth will keep it selling for months and months. Kinda like all of Nintendo's first party games. Like Mariokart, New Super Mario Bros, Wii Fit, etc....But what do I know, that's just my guess. lol

Tatanko
02-15-2010, 06:20 PM
But what do I know, that's just my guess. lol
You could be right. I hope you're not ;)

Caramel Cardinal
02-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Again dustinator comes reigning on everyones parade :D
though this time i may have to agree with you, i personally have no idea what if any dlc they could even offer, i mean if they made new maps rather than just re-texturing old ones would probebly take as long as the game has :D

Caramel Cardinal
02-15-2010, 07:25 PM

The AK is the KF7soviet of goldeneye (or KF7 special on perfect dark orignal) you used to get them and a few other classic guns for doing the shooting range to be used in single player with cheats but now they've shipped them over to multiplayer aswell

JohnnyR74
02-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Release date FINALLY confirmed!!

Perfect Dark, 17 March
800 MSP
The celebrated action adventure from Rare, starring Joanna Dark in her landmark first mission. Newly ‘re-mastered’ in high-definition and upgraded character models, you can play this classic shooter solo, 2-player split-screen or 8-player online.
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/house_party_160210.htm

acurate bob
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
YES!!!! im gonna get the weekend off work for this, i only work weekends!! but im having time for this baby!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

goes to message all friends list!.....

Dustinator
02-16-2010, 05:52 PM
March 17th is the big day then. I have 800 points set aside for this bad boy. I'm going to bed early on Tuesday night so I'll have 2 hrs to play PD before I go to work on Wednesday. The 17th is gonna be awesome. I totally can't wait!!!

Caramel Cardinal
02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
intresting seems like i will have a sudden boubt of flu and have to take the rest of that week off uni

shadow sniper
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
March 17th is the big day then. I have 800 points set aside for this bad boy. I'm going to bed early on Tuesday night so I'll have 2 hrs to play PD before I go to work on Wednesday. The 17th is gonna be awesome. I totally can't wait!!!

800 MPS seems to be the deal of the year.I guess the DLC will make the game to cost 1200MSP.But it dose not matter to me seeing how I was going to put down a full 1400 points on this game.MARCH 17 WOOOOOOOOO!!Hey look that day just so happens to be the week of spring break.WOOOOOOO again!