PDA

View Full Version : Japanese FAQ

FlyersFan20
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Japanese Xbox/Games FAQ:

Q: Why did you put this FAQ together?
A: I saw a couple of Japanese games that I really liked the look of, and decided that I wanted to figure out how to play them. It took me a good week of searching to get all of the answers that I needed. With this FAQ, I hope to make it easier for future Japanese Xbox 360 importers.

Q: Can I play Japanese Xbox 360 games on my American Xbox 360?
A: No, Japanese games are encoded NTSC J, while American Xboxes can only handle NTSC US/C

Q: How can I play Japanese 360 games?
A: You need to import a Japanese Xbox 360

Q: How do I import a Japanese 360?
A: I personally used the site www.play-asia.com (http://www.play-asia.com), but I've also seen them on Ebay.

Q: Why do I want a Japanese 360?
A: To play those wonderfully quirky Japanese games! For the Gamerscore! Because it's Different!

Q: Where do I get Japanese games?
A: You can usually find them discounted on Ebay, but again, there's always play-asia.com

Q: I don't understand Japanese, how am I supposed to play these games?
A: You're a hardcore gamer right? You'll figure it out.

Q: Will a Japanese XBox 360 work on my TV?
A: So long as you own an NTSC television (if you live in the US or Canada, I can almost guarentee that you do) it will work.

Q: Do I need any special cables?
A: Yes and No. The Japanese 360 comes with a special Japanese HD (D-terminal) cable, but you can use the cables from either an existing 360 that you own, or you'll have to purchase a US cable to play in HD. The Japanese Xbox HD cable does have the composite jacks
(Red/White/Yellow cables)

Q: How do I get my gamer profile onto the Japanese 360 without losing my Gamerscore or restoring my gamertag everytime?
A: Easy, you can either store your profile on a memory card, or as I am doing, just switch the hard drive back and forth between your US Xbox and your Japanese Xbox.

Q: Do my XBLA games work on the Japanese 360?
A: Yes! I found that when I played them on my Japanese 360 they worked just fine. I even unlocked an achievement while using my Japanese 360.

Q: Will my US Games work on my Japanese 360?
A: Some will and some won't. There's a great compatiblity guide on Play-asia.com that goes over what games work on what system.
LINK: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Any other questions? Things I should add? Send me a message on XBL at FlyersFan20.
This Guide is property of James J. Greenwood, and should only be displayed at
www.xbox360achievements.org (http://www.xbox360achievements.org)

Minty
02-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks man. Stickied for ya :D

FlyersFan20
02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the sticky! :)

Im a Manatee
02-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Component cables are Red, Blue, and green. :)

FlyersFan20
02-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Component cables are Red, Blue, and green. :)

Fixed got my cables mixed up

Im a Manatee
03-09-2007, 03:17 AM
UPDATE: [eM] has english menus. Our japers should post any other games that are english.

FlyersFan20
03-10-2007, 05:09 PM
[em] has english menus? I may just have to invest in getting another 1K outta that.

Kaens
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
[em] has english menus? I may just have to invest in getting another 1K outta that.
Only the Asian version (busted one that gives 700 points) has English menus. The Jap version is completely in Japanese.

Im a Manatee
03-10-2007, 05:46 PM
EDIT: Wow, what are the chances of that?? I believe I saw it on someone asking about a jap 360.

Kaens
03-10-2007, 05:54 PM
EDIT: Wow, what are the chances of that??
You probably saw it in one of the EM forums. There is already a thread for English friendly Japanese Titles (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14256) but it's not very useful. I'd suggest browsing through the Japanese forums by game if you are interested in importing it. If you don't see a post in there regarding the language post one asking and there probably is someone here that owns the game and can answer. I think we probably have 5+ serious importers that frequent the boards.

Im a Manatee
03-16-2007, 08:12 PM
You could possibly add doubles games..

Some confirms are

Quake 4
Blue Dragon
Bulletwitch
Earth Defense Forces X and 2017

Also, added to help links

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
The Asian Version on Everyparty is 100% english and Rain is 100% English (minus the instruction manuel). Everyparty is another one of the Double Games that you can get 1000 in, although praise to anyone with 1000 in both.

Im a Manatee
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Is there a specific of RAIN with the version?

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
03-17-2007, 03:19 PM
No, I bought the NSTC-J version and it was amazingly 100% english....even the characters talk in english

Im a Manatee
03-30-2007, 04:06 AM
FlyersFan, get cracking.

AZK Legend
12-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Nice FAQ I give 5/5

bartleym
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
thanks for da FAQ cleared alot of questions up thx

zombietom
05-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Super good guide! it answered some of my questions.
thanks

xepherys
08-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I've actually been wondering about this lately. Thanks for the heads up. Awesome FAQ!

xXI A ROD IXx
09-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I wonder if Aquazone will work on my 360. They say unknown...hmmm

JC
09-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I wonder if Aquazone will work on my 360. They say unknown...hmmm
Aquazone will not work on NTSC/U consoles I'm afraid. You need a NTSC/J 360 to play Aquazone.

Mosizzle313
03-18-2009, 04:38 AM
im not sure if this has been answered but is this japanese xbox
system the same for the german versions of games and other countries?

Gackt
03-18-2009, 04:54 AM
im not sure if this has been answered but is this japanese xbox
system the same for the german versions of games and other countries?

No , you need a PAL 360 for European countries

allen t is on
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
i prob wont get a jap 360 but nice thread

p.s. dont have the money for it

Bronxs
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Vey nice work on this FAQ!

EvilPuggy
09-25-2009, 12:22 AM
thanks! I wanna learn Japanese, good to know I can still get achievements from those games when I do :]
also you should add how much a Japanese 360 costs.

Fully Avenged
01-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Japanese Xbox/Games FAQ:
Q: I don't understand Japanese, how am I supposed to play these games?
A: You're a hardcore gamer right? You'll figure it out.

I don't mean to be nit-picky, but this is supposed to be an FAQ. Telling people to figure it out themselves sort of makes the whole posting of it irrelevant, no? If I wanted to figure it out myself, I wouldn't need an FAQ.

Just saying.

dakisbac
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't mean to be nit-picky, but this is supposed to be an FAQ. Telling people to figure it out themselves sort of makes the whole posting of it irrelevant, no? If I wanted to figure it out myself, I wouldn't need an FAQ.

Just saying.

There's no magic trick to playing a Japanese game that this FAQ could cover. Either you learn the language, have a translator open while playing, or play the English version on another 360 at the same time and compare.

solid_owl
03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the sticky!

dyl2210
03-19-2010, 04:14 AM
i find a few games in my game stores that do trade ins as you said look at the region code ive seen a few ntsc j especially too human that ones quite a common one to see japanese version of

marKot1k
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm waiting for my [NTSC-J] Xbox to arrive from Play-Asia...

It was the HD situation I want sure about - but its all good now I know you can just swap the same one round different consoles from diff. regions.

Just took a chance and ordered the basic Arcade version - was just gonna order a Japanese HD later - but no need now. I do wish I paid an extra Ģ30 for priority shipping though...

Great FAQ

FlyersFan20
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
The best part about using both is all the parts are interchangable. Whenever I bust out the Jap Xbox, all I do is move the HDD, Wireless Adapter and HD Cable over, and boot up. It's a wonderful thing.

marKot1k
04-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Yeah, thats really good to know... So where do you import your games from? Things like Super Robot Taisen XO and EveryParty

TBH the main reason I ordered one was for shooters like Ketsui and Death Smiles but I've not even looked for games at anywhere other than Play-Asia...

Its not too important right now though - by the time I buy all the those lovely, lovely, Shmups, I'm gonna be broke for ages :)

Vonzipper
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM
So the people who stack their gamerscore have two Xboxs then, One Japanese and one American? Ahh, I never knew that.

So the Japanese version of say Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY wouldn't work on my 360?

EDIT: Don't worry, Quick browse through play-asia.com and I found the Compatability Guide (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html) but TES:O GOTY has not been tested :( Can anyone confirm if it works?

marKot1k
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
If the game just has a question mark in the compatibility box, instead of a cross even though it's not been tested, unless the game is completely region-free, its pretty much guaranteed not to work.

I'm far from an expert on this so maybe someone else could let us know if any region-locked games do in fact work on different consoles?

narvdude
05-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Im in the UK (:drunk) and I bought my xbox from the shops.....which version of xbox is that....? I fancy replaying a few games but the jap versions.

PaxyTheGreat
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Im in the UK (:drunk) and I bought my xbox from the shops.....which version of xbox is that....? I fancy replaying a few games but the jap versions.

That'll be the PAL version you have.

Great guide. :)

Gameguy
07-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the article you say the cables that come with the jap 360 are red,blue,green does that mean i will need those outputs on my tv or will i be able to use my us hdmi cable on the jap 360.Want to get myself a jap 360 probably going to go with the slim model of it and what are some good jap 360 games to get was looking at wrestle kingdom and i do like the game triggerheart exelica

t55
08-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Hi it's me, t55, a rare poster (bit of a procrastinator)

the question..

What if I have a Japanese account for my american xbox (made with that overseas guide).

I then use that japanese account to browse the japanese xbox live and proceed to buy one of the games (idolmaster) for the 2000Yen With my visa card.

What will happen?

Because if I get to play the game I bought. This could save me a lot of money since I don't need to buy a japanese xbox.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/report.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/report.php?p=3364261) http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/misc/progress.gif http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3364261)

dillon
08-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi it's me, t55, a rare poster (bit of a procrastinator)

the question..

What if I have a Japanese account for my american xbox (made with that overseas guide).

I then use that japanese account to browse the japanese xbox live and proceed to buy one of the games (idolmaster) for the 2000Yen With my visa card.

What will happen?

Because if I get to play the game I bought. This could save me a lot of money since I don't need to buy a japanese xbox.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/misc/progress.gif

You won't be able to buy the games with a American card, and the games are still region locked.

Eminent
08-05-2010, 04:43 AM
You won't be able to buy the games with a American card, and the games are still region locked.

I think he could using paypal from xbox.com.

MickeyT
08-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Guys..

I was searching for a way to play JAP 360 games for the gamescore, on my Pal Xbox 360, which I know I cannot do, so would I be right in assuming. That I could simply buy a JAP xbox and an American xbox.

And simply switch my Hard drive between my PAL, Jap and American xboxs to get the best out of all 3 regions games (game score)? I know it would mean having 3 xbox 360 consoles, but would it be that easy? 1 Xbox hard disk, and 3 xbox consoles all on different regions.

PS, I'm going to assume again?! That by doing the above Microsoft don't have any rules or bans in place for playing all regions. I have noticed alot of the very high legit gamescores have alot of Jap games in so I'm thinking the above should be fine?

Any feeback or replies would be great, hope your all having a great bank holiday weekend (UK peeps) :woop:

Minty
08-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey Guys..

I was searching for a way to play JAP 360 games for the gamescore, on my Pal Xbox 360, which I know I cannot do, so would I be right in assuming. That I could simply buy a JAP xbox and an American xbox.

And simply switch my Hard drive between my PAL, Jap and American xboxs to get the best out of all 3 regions games (game score)? I know it would mean having 3 xbox 360 consoles, but would it be that easy? 1 Xbox hard disk, and 3 xbox consoles all on different regions.

PS, I'm going to assume again?! That by doing the above Microsoft don't have any rules or bans in place for playing all regions. I have noticed alot of the very high legit gamescores have alot of Jap games in so I'm thinking the above should be fine?

Any feeback or replies would be great, hope your all having a great bank holiday weekend (UK peeps) :woop:

Correct, that is my set up.

MickeyT
08-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Great thanks Minty, I'll be pickin up a jap and a US console, now to track down some of the easy jap & USA titles and apart from play-Asia.

Any good places for jap and America xbox 360 games? I will be using eBay too but if anyone has and good UK shops for Jap/NTSC games do let me know thanks.

Minty
08-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Japanese your best bet is Play-Asia. Try ebay, but they wont be that much cheaper unless you find someone selling them used.

Ebay.com is your best bet for US games.

MickeyT
08-29-2010, 09:38 AM
One other thing that just sprung to mind, when using a different region console, I'm guessin american xbla games like Yaris and Waldo, I'd need an American created gamertag to download and play with American codes for MS Points?

Would I be right there? Or is it possible to download with the UK gamer tag?

Again many thanks for your replies too.

Minty
08-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Yep, just create silver American and Japanese accounts. American points are cheap, Japanese are expensive.

Tagefo
09-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Talking about japanese XBOX 360 games; if you ever go to Tokyo, go to Yodobashi Camera in the Akihabara district. It huge, and has a major XBOX 360 department on one of the floors. Went there last year, but didnīt buy any games though. PAL console here :P. Anyway, a whole bunch of quirky japanese games for XBOX 360. Just a tip for you who donīt know about the store.

MickeyT
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks again for the quick replies Minty, after looking through the JAP xbox games, I think getting an american console, will do the job for now, I'll stick with american games.

One other question to pick your brain about Minty, region free games.

If I get say.. Call of duty 4 (ntsc) but region free version, I play it on the UK Xbox 360 that I have already complete PAL Cod4 on, I'm going to assume, I wouldn't be able to stack a new 1000G's, I would need the american console to be able to rack up another 1000G.

Would that be right?

I only assume this as I have seen gamescores with games like Batman arkham asylam, three times with 1000G on each game. So the guy or gal has simply played through the game three times with differrent versions of the game?

Mounting Jew
09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
No CoD 4 doesn't stack. Only certain games stack. There is 5 versions of Batman: AA and you need to buy each version, so say you wanted the PAL/NTSC (same version) and NTSC-J versions of Batman: AA you would need to buy the PAL/NTSC and NTSC-J seperatly. There is alot of misconceprion about stackable games, someone needs to link to the stackable game threads but I can't find them again now.

I personally have 2 PAL elite's, for co-op and solo boosting, 1 NTSC-U elite and an NTSC-J arcade :)

Time to start the Jap game's I think :P

MickeyT
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
No CoD 4 doesn't stack. Only certain games stack. There is 5 versions of Batman: AA and you need to buy each version, so say you wanted the PAL/NTSC (same version) and NTSC-J versions of Batman: AA you would need to buy the PAL/NTSC and NTSC-J seperatly. There is alot of misconceprion about stackable games, someone needs to link to the stackable game threads but I can't find them again now.

I personally have 2 PAL elite's, for co-op and solo boosting, 1 NTSC-U elite and an NTSC-J arcade :)

Time to start the Jap game's I think :P

Thanks for the reply, I just found out Cod4 doesn't stack =( I was hoping it would, but never mind.

I mainly got my american xbox 360 for the american games that are not released in the UK and some ntsc games come out sooner than PAL so its a good way to get the games first.

And I think that would be an awesome idea to have a forum topic for stack-able achievements, so people can avoid buying games that they have already maxed out, games they cannot stack in other words.

Minty
11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
And I think that would be an awesome idea to have a forum topic for stack-able achievements, so people can avoid buying games that they have already maxed out, games they cannot stack in other words.

We do, it's in the Games forum.

xshadowscreamx
04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
will the game Catherine be released outside of japan?

TAI JASON
05-06-2011, 12:26 PM
will the game Catherine be released outside of japan?

Yes, a us version is on the way (with new cover to save your souls XD), i hope it comes to europe too (with the original cover) or i import he game.

QUESTION: I donīt read one post about the power supply for a japanese console (It is different). Iīm too old to read it? Or i miss something?

Great Thread after all!

A Murder of Crows
05-16-2011, 12:42 AM
this was a great bit of info regarding swapping drives between the two systems. Any word on how well this works between the US "S" system and the japanese systems?

i figure it will be the same. really, i'm just trying to post to get up to 5 so i can make some edits.

FlyersFan20
05-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I now own a new US slim while my older Japanese Xbox is an original Pro. Since I can't swap hard drives now, all I do is copy my profile to a memory card and pop it into the Japanese Xbox. Works like a charm.

The Captain097
06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
My copy of Super Street Fighter 4 is NTSCJ and it plays on my American console

xMANNY FRE5Hx
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Great thread!!

I'm looking to purchase a japan 360 slim (its the only one I can find) obviously my older 360's HD wont fit on it. How do I switch my gamer tag back and forth without losing gamerscore or m$ points. Is a flash drive sufficient? Or do I just recover my tag each time?

TemporalWizard
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
A flash drive should work. That's what I use to transfer my profile between my slim and pro xboxs.

FangtasticBite
08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
If I buy a Japanese xbox will it work on my TV? (I live in the UK so I guess my TV is PAL?)

There are some Japanese games I want to play but most never get released here! :(

Minty
08-21-2011, 10:24 PM
If I buy a Japanese xbox will it work on my TV? (I live in the UK so I guess my TV is PAL?)

There are some Japanese games I want to play but most never get released here! :(

As long as you're TV is fairly recent, then yes (ie a flatscreen).

FangtasticBite
08-22-2011, 05:12 AM
What is the difference between a Japanese xbox (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq-49-en-70-3v9c.html) and an Asian xbox (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq-49-en-70-3v98.html) ?

Minty
08-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Asian is from Hong Kong, and won't play all Japanese games.

FangtasticBite
08-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you Minty! :)

Oh yea do I need controlers/chargers/headset too? or can I use my UK ones?

Minty
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
All hardware is region free (apart from the console), so you can use your normal headsets and controllers.

Lord Chabelo
08-23-2011, 07:39 PM
So is the Japanese Xbox 360 done for and has it now become a collector's item, now that major Japanese retailers have stopped carrying the Xbox?

Jaffa Cake King
08-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi, i live in the UK and i'm wanting to import a Japanese Xbox 360 slim. Can i use the power supply from my UK Xbox 360 slim to power it or will that fry it?

rekikire
08-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi, i live in the UK and i'm wanting to import a Japanese Xbox 360 slim. Can i use the power supply from my UK Xbox 360 slim to power it or will that fry it?

Yes the power supply from your UK Slim will work in the Japanese Slim. Do not plug in the japanese power supply as it is 110 volt and it will go boom.

I use my Australian 240 volt slim power supply for my PAL, NTSC and NTSC-J boxes.

Jaffa Cake King
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes the power supply from your UK Slim will work in the Japanese Slim. Do not plug in the japanese power supply as it is 110 volt and it will go boom.

I use my Australian 240 volt slim power supply for my PAL, NTSC and NTSC-J boxes.

Thanks for the reply. I may be showing my general lack knowledge on the subject of voltage and electricity but how does a 230V PSU manage to power a 110V Xbox safely? Is the voltage not too high? Am i making myself sound like a right idiot? I don't really know what i'm talking about, not understanding it clearly in my head is what's stopping me from buying one.

Minty
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
The reason the 360's power brick is so big is because it has everything it needs to step the voltage down to 110v in it.

I use the same power cables on my US,UK and Japanese consoles.

Jaffa Cake King
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM
The reason the 360's power brick is so big is because it has everything it needs to step the voltage down to 110v in it.

I use the same power cables on my US,UK and Japanese consoles.

Ahhh i see, so it steps the voltage down itself. That makes me feel much better, thanks for the help.

rekikire
08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
The brick transforms the voltage from 110/240 Volt AC down to 11 Volt DC, all the xboxes use 11 Volt DC.

FangtasticBite
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Can you buy the DLC's for Japanese games? Do they need different points?

Minty
09-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Can you buy the DLC's for Japanese games? Do they need different points?

You will need a Japanese account and Japanese points.

FangtasticBite
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
You will need a Japanese account and Japanese points.

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a Japanese account and how do you get one? Is that my game tag thing? Would I need to buy live on that too? And where do I get Japanese points?

Minty
09-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, you will need to make a Japanese gamertag, same as when you made your gamertag. This will have access to the Japanese marketplace. You can either add points on from this (although think it requires a Japanese credit card), or you can get them at Play-Asia or other online retailers. You shouldn't need to have a gold account, just one that connects to Live.

Make sure you get Japanese and not Asian.

FangtasticBite
09-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Does that mean I cant use my current gametag to play Japanese games?

Minty
09-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Does that mean I cant use my current gametag to play Japanese games?

If you buy them on a disk, then yes. If you buy them off the marketplace, then you'll have to use another account, download them to your xbox, the just swap tags and you can play anything on the HDD.

FangtasticBite
09-02-2011, 04:26 AM
If you buy them on a disk, then yes. If you buy them off the marketplace, then you'll have to use another account, download them to your xbox, the just swap tags and you can play anything on the HDD.

Ah so downloaded stuff isn't connected to the tag, just the console?

W3stcoastGam3r
12-04-2011, 04:27 AM
You're going to need a transformer for the power

knight_0f_kh0nshu
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Where is the best place to buy a Japanese xbox?

SotiCoto
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
... *Shifty glance*

Did the lovely folk in Japan make hentai games for the 360 like they did for the evil S*ny consoles? I mean I'm only really curious about J-RPGs and... well... hentai games... If there isn't much of that then I don't see any reason to get a Japanese 360.

rekikire
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
... *Shifty glance*

Did the lovely folk in Japan make hentai games for the 360 like they did for the evil S*ny consoles? I mean I'm only really curious about J-RPGs and... well... hentai games... If there isn't much of that then I don't see any reason to get a Japanese 360.

Nope, they're not allowed on the Xbox. We're family friendly.

TakahashiDemon
01-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Really helpful thread, when I get round to getting a Japanese Xbox 360, I'll only be able to find slim versions as the Arcade is now gone, is there any way in buying a UK power cable for the slim? (normal Xbox power cables won't do I'm guessing as different input slots).

Also, I notice it needs a NTSC TV? I'm from the PAL region, my TV is a Sony Bravia HDTV so will it work or should I just put these hopes and dreams of owning a Japanese Xbox 360 away?

SotiCoto
01-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Nope, they're not allowed on the Xbox. We're family friendly.
... Whose family, precisely? Not mine, clearly.
Anyway... pffft. Fie on that then. Just how many Japanese-exclusive XBox games can there actually be anyway? The Japanese don't like foreign-made consoles from what I've seen.

rekikire
01-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Just how many Japanese-exclusive XBox games can there actually be anyway?

Here's a list of every xbox game that has specific japanese version only achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/japanese/

SotiCoto
01-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Here's a list of every xbox game that has specific japanese version only achievements.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/japanese/
A lot of those just look like duplicates of western games...
I take it folks around here like to play the same game multiple times if they can to get the achievements again?
Well... I suppose about half of them maybe seem unique... but still... =/

BraveVesperia
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Reading this post made me sad simply because, I wont be able to play those cool Japanese games ever...

CHIRUNO99
06-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2 (Standard) are Japanese games but they're region free. You don't need a Japanese Xbox to play them.

Jakez123
06-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2 (Standard) are Japanese games but they're region free. You don't need a Japanese Xbox to play them.

Yea there needs to be a concise list of region free japanese games, play-asia doesn't cut it anymore.

chains
09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Great FAQ, thanks. The play-asia's region compatibility list is quite a messy 'cause doesn't have a search tool. It's easier to look for a game using the standard site's search engine and, once at the game details page, look for the region compatibility info.

I am willing to grab a japanese console just for that awesome shumps. :D

Just for the record: once you buy the DLC from the Japanese Marketplace, you should be able to access it from your "regular" gamertag. It's useful for games like Lost Odyssey that have exclusive japanese DLC.

Drop The Remote
11-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Help me out a lot thanks.