PDA

View Full Version : Mission 9

NightHawk673
12-10-2009, 03:22 AM
I need help badly. I can kill the first 6 enemies, along with the other wave but by wave 3 I can't beat it. They get too close as soon as I finish off wave 2 and i'm screwed because I can't hit them with my weapon set.

Mind telling me what weapons you used,skills, and what level you think you were or know when you played this mission. Also, if you really have a good strategy, I'll appreciate that too.

Thanks, in advance

Darkchyle
06-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Just started the game and found an alternate solution to this mission 9 "Death Canyon" applicable to both versions.

Zoid Mace 1
weapon equip: Shotguns - either Baghnak or better/if manage to gain a Pile Bunker while attempting this stage (withdraw and equip), Pile Bunker - PG Breaker-H2
Armor: Heaviest Armor available if not best Medium Armor available
Skills: Assault, simple repair and commander is a must and for the rest which-ever you can epuip

Zoid Mace 2
weapon equip: Shotgun - Baghnak
Skills: Assault and for the rest which-ever you can epuip

Zoid Mace 3
weapon equip: cannon - Bertha-CC
Skills: Assault and area attack-a is a must and for the rest which-ever you can epuip

Zoid Mace 4
weapon equip: missile - MOS Bolt-27
Skills: Snipe and balancer is a must and for the rest which-ever you can epuip

Zoid Mace 5
weapon equip: machinegun - AV Magara 2 L
Skills: Assault, wide repair and First Aid is a must and for the rest which-ever you can epuip

once the mission start place 1 at the bottom, 2 at top, 3 left and 4 right and 5 middle, once you get your chance to move your zoid this is how you going to place them, from your starting position on the map just behind you, you should see a cliff jutting out from the left side this is your stand off position for the entire mission
place the zoids like this;

-----------|z3
jutt out cliff|z5|z2|z1|z4

(this way you will prevent the enemies from advancing to the satellite) This positioning also force/cause the pile bunker zoids/most enemy zoids to line up one line infront of z1. Note: before you move z3 to final position, you can move z3 all the way infront to do some damage on some incoming enemies with the area attack. And for z4 you can move one step back to do some attack if z4 position shown above cannot reach an enemies.

Finally, after taking out most of the enemies leaving the 2 rhinos and maybe another, you can start breaking the line and move to positions to attack and finish off the remaining enemies.

(Helpful Tip:
1. Always use z3 area attack to weaken the enemies as much as possible.
2. Focus z5 for wide repairs usually to z2; z1, z3 and itself.
3. Try to destory enemy zoids that can repair once you get a chance.
4. Use z2 to do attack to enemy zoids attacking z1 standing just in front and z1 to self repair and only attack when health is 3/4 full or full health to prevent being destory.)