PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

julez2321
12-10-2009, 07:08 AM
What are your thoughts of the game and how far are you in? I just escaped to Paris, so about 2 hours in.
Kind of a mix between AC2 and GTAIV. Both games are obviously better and more involved but
The whole Sin City look at times is pretty cool
The gun combat system reminds me of Uncharted 2
I think it's cool you can drive any car
Most games shy away from nudity but this game doesn't. +1

Amortys
12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
So far I really enjoy the game, its not as bad as some reviewers said it was.

The gameplay mechanic are not as polish as some blockbuster but pandemic studio wasnt as big as Ubisoft or Rockstar, they didnt have the ressources to take their time and make sure everything was shinning. With this understanding I don't mid it at all.

The artwork in this game is awesome, I like black & white movies, I love Paris and the 30-40's, for me this is a winner. The idea of the black and white changing for vibrant color when the resistance is stronger in an area is really great.

The only thing that I don't like, but I get over it easily, is being french-canadian myself, its annoying as hell to hear french with english accent, but eh! the game has to be international so its all good to me.

After 10 hours into the game, around 75% of mission completed and 15% of freeplay, I do like the game, its not a GREAT game but its a good one.

It will probably won't go in the Hall of Fame of gaming, but getting all the achievements will probably dethrone Crackdown in term of annoying collectible.

ponypo2001
12-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Although the game has it's faults,it is such a huge improvement on Mercs 2 and as such I am totally sold on it.I really am enjoying every minute of it.Blowing stuff up is so satisfying and the gunplay is really nice in this one.Missions have been excellent with some great set pieces.

No it's not as polished as some other games,but it really is decent little game and I am very glad I got it.I'll also be quite proud of the 1k in this one as it's quite an achievement doing all those freeplay targets.

irishoh
12-11-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm trying to forget all about Mercs 2. I'm not that far into this yet but I'm digging it a lot so far. It reminds me of The Godfather a helluva lot more than Mercs 2.

ThatRuddyGuy
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm currently at 27% Mission and 26% Freeplay. I am really enjoying it. I liked Merc 2 but got frustrated with it very quickly. I am enjoying this game much much more. Glad I ignored the reviews and bought it. Upon first playing it I instantly felt a combo of Red Faction: Guerilla and Assasin's Creed. This was before I remembered Merc2