PDA

View Full Version : Freeplay Spot Help!

jkoski
12-11-2009, 03:07 AM
I am stuck trying to get to a freeplay spot which I am pretty sure is on top of a church. I see a ladder leading up to a bell tower but the bottom portion of the ladder is broken. I also cannot climb the chuch as it seems impossible. The church is near an arms dealer. Please help!

JimL2112
12-11-2009, 03:47 AM
On topic, new question: I found an "Arch de Triumph" I think it's called, a monument looking thing very tall, high archway underneath + 2 small passages through either side too, there's a tripod looking thing on top which is shiney and has a white freeplay diamond on the map, how do I get up there????? I have tried climbing the arch, (nope!) & jumping from adjacent rooftops (death!). HOW do I getup there to get to the tripod?

JimL2112
12-12-2009, 01:35 AM
As for the church, there is a ladder in a corner, I think opposite the domed building nearby, which leads to planks more ladders etc, finally to some scaffolding up top which leads to the roof nearby that bell tower. You then carefully climb down the roof slope toward the bell tower and jump across.

As for the Arch de Triumph, I finally saw a zip line from a nearby building. It is located (i'm pretty sure, from memory & looking at the map now) due south of the train station at Gare De l'Est. It is seen as a small rectangle in a wide 4-way intersection.

Mr 4T7
12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
There is a ladder inside the Arc which takes you right to the top. The other building sounds like Notre Dame , theres scafolding to climb and then you can run across the roof.

JimL2112
12-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Well it wasn't THE Arch de triumph, as I found out later by sneaking into Paris Area 3 (?) where the HUGE , REAL one is. I was referring to a mini-arch.

DENAz666
12-15-2009, 02:59 AM
I think with the mini arch, you need to jump from a building nearby, its hard, but i managed it.

Also with the church, there is a spot on the wall that you can jump and grab onto and pull yourself up, then you can turn around and jump to the platform where the broken ladder is. That is if we're talking about the same church... there is more then one :|

Lord Korax
12-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Where did you jump from? I've been trying to get at that one for way too long, and I can't seem to get it.

Angelus01
12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg (http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg)

bratkitty
12-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi guys, my name's bratkitty and I'm new. :)

Anyway after about an hour of frustration with that spot and not finding anything online, I just figured it out.

If you're standing on the stairs facing the arc in Gare de l'est, you'll want to climb the buildings to your left.

Go to the tallest, closest building to the arc. Then you'll want to go to the corners of the roof farthest away from the arc on that building.

Run diagonally toward the arc and as soon as you start running, sprint towards the arc and when you reach the edge, jump toward it.

It may still take you a couple of tries to get the right angle, but the sprint will give you enough momentum to reach it.

Hope that helps. :D

DENAz666
12-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Can't remember exactly where i jumped from, but it was a neighbouring building. Just have a look from street level and see which building is the closest, and jump from there. There also might be a chimney up there to give you a little bit of a extra boost. Make sure your sprinting when you jump too :)