PDA

View Full Version : The Need Help with a Freeplay Target Thread

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Seeing as the forum is going to get quickly cluttered with threads regarding some of the more elusive freeplay targets, I thought it may be a good Idea to try keep them all in one spot.

If someone knows how to get this stickied and you think its a good idea could you contact the necessary to pin it please.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and update the 1st post, on a regular basis.

To make things easier if its a city target could you state the sector its in and then describe it best you can. It's will not only help me , it will help get your answer quicker.

If its country side reference the nearest name marker and which direction and how far its from said marker, and of course describe any building or landmark its near.

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Reserved in case

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I'll start off, with a few I need help with

NW of Champagne Ardern, Its right outside the base you recover the Aurora from. Marker iS just west of the exit tunnel you escape from, I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

La Bourse, just SW of the L of La, its on top a building that looks like a cross, I cant seem to scale the building at all. Ive seen a ladder and some scaffold but cant reach it.

NukeDukem
12-11-2009, 03:32 PM
is the first one possibly a stunt jump? i have it as there are no dots in that area on my map but i dont remember it. im also having trouble with the one on top of the cross shaped building in la bourse

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Damn yeah could be a jump , i always forget about them.

NukeDukem
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
yeah, plus sometimes theres it doesnt look obviously like a stunt jump - like itll just be a cliff, and youre searching all around it, at the bottom and top for something and then you think 'oh ffs' as you realise all you had to do was drive off it :D

reddevil63
12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Anyone know where the Dierker statue is in Paris Area 1?

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM

From memory its on the building you rescue Maria Kessler from, there like a courtyard area you emege onto on one of the upper outside floors.

reddevil63
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
From memory its on the building you rescue Maria Kessler from, there like a courtyard area you emege onto on one of the upper outside floors.

No idea were that was. lol

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Yay got teh La Bourse Cross shaped building one.

At the SE part of the building there's a drain pipe right in the corner, climb part way up it and then onto the ledge midway up. Turn around and you can then do a running jump onto a plank which is part of some scaffold. You can then reach the roof and the view point.

No idea were that was. lol

Neither can I but I know its that building :confused:

I'll have a scout around it has a big clock on it so its easy to spot.

edit:- Found it its the rectangular building due just west of Marais marker, looks a bit like a space invader ;)

reddevil63
12-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Yay got teh La Bourse Cross shaped building one.

At the SE part of the building there's a drain pipe right in the corner, climb part way up it and then onto the ledge midway up. Turn around and you can then do a running jump onto a plank which is part of some scaffold. You can then reach the roof and the view point.

Ok, found the viewpoint....now what?

Nevermind, thought you were telling me the location of the statue. lol

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Nah that was one I was missing lol, found your statue though check my last post.

reddevil63
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Neither can I but I know its that building :confused:

I'll have a scout around it has a big clock on it so its easy to spot.

edit:- Found it its the rectangular building due just west of Marais marker, looks a bit like a space invader ;)

Thing is I haven't got the Marais marker anymore.

Is it near one of the landmark names on the map?

True Marvellous
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Maris is the name of the sector, its not a person

reddevil63
12-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Maris is the name of the sector, its not a person

Which I have now discovered lol

Cheers, will seek the statue out now.

Angelus01
12-15-2009, 04:13 AM
I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg (http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg)

Amortys
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, i need help with a view point I think,

Its the one to the east of the Eiffel tower, on the U shaped building, I just can't see any places to grip, nor do I see any zip I should be using.

Anyone know?

rbanke
12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
I'll start off, with a few I need help with

NW of Champagne Ardern, Its right outside the base you recover the Aurora from. Marker iS just west of the exit tunnel you escape from, I cant see any targets, or statues or anything but the dots there.

It's a car jump.

shatulance
12-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Thing is I haven't got the Marais marker anymore.

Is it near one of the landmark names on the map?

the statue is a big black eagle statue on a ball,it's quite large and its on top of the B shaped building left of marais and north of the "cite" of isle de la cite.

the one in paris sector 2 is in front of the trocadero

Gyllen Drage
12-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Thanks

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg (http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260835200/02dc_sab010.jpg)

I am also stuck on that one.

Machew8472
12-15-2009, 11:55 PM

Thanks

i might be wrong, because im flying through these freeplay targets... but is that not a postcard on the flloor....

theres so god damn many im losing track of what ones.. what..

i do know if u got most of ones in that area (paris area 1), u can then go to your stats and see whats left to get, at least you will have some idea of what you are looking for...

Abe_sapien
12-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Having trouble with a viewpoint early on. Its on top of an archway, bottom middle of the Gave Da L'Dst area, just before you enter La Bourse. Both the rooftops either side seem to be of equal distance apart. No clear way to get a running jump onto the top. Nor any clear hand holds up the side of the archway.

Machew8472
12-16-2009, 03:03 AM
Having trouble with a viewpoint early on. Its on top of an archway, bottom middle of the Gave Da L'Dst area, just before you enter La Bourse. Both the rooftops either side seem to be of equal distance apart. No clear way to get a running jump onto the top. Nor any clear hand holds up the side of the archway.

its the building on left... although equal distance, its a bit higher.

make sure you get a good run up and hit that jump button before you drop to lower ledge. you dont have to be spot on either... i almost went over the arch!

hope that helps m8..

Abe_sapien
12-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Thanks it did :) This also reminded me to get from a run straight into a sprint whilst on rooftops. Managed to happily hop from building to building with Alarm level 4 in effect :)

Angelus01
12-16-2009, 03:44 AM
spents 2 hrs and still cant figure it out....

2 little white dots :(

thank's for the help

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg (http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg)

shatulance
12-16-2009, 09:45 AM
spents 2 hrs and still cant figure it out....

2 little white dots :(

thank's for the help

http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg (http://u1.imgupload.co.uk/1260921600/1fb1_sab011.jpg)

the top one you get on the roof by climbing up a door with a yellow lamp next to it,there's handholds the rest of the way...its about halfway along on the inside edge of the building,behind the pillars

JimL2112
12-17-2009, 04:14 AM

Thanks

That's a toughie: the Academie Nationale De Musique, as you would know if you climb atop a chimney just south of the dot, and you will see a Viewpoint marker up there as well as the building's name on the gable architecture.

I can get to the building by a cable on the northwest side of the Academie, and I can hand-over-hand the ledge almost all the way round the building too, but I cannot find how to get up on the roof. I have scoped the building by climbing up on neighboring buildings, but find no ladders, drain pipes, or scaffolding to climb.

Sorry to double-post, but going to "EDIT" doesn't let you add your Attachment when you forget. See lousy image...

P.S. How do y'all take screenies of the game, I'm using a digital camera and the image quality is lousy, even when I do not wiggle! PM me if you have an answer, please?

vicioushunter
12-17-2009, 05:17 AM
Scenic Spot Free play. Location Paris 1, La Bourse.
This is the scenic spot left of the L in La Bourse. First head to the south east end of the concrete building, look for a drain pipe. Climb up then press B to drop down to the iron ledge. Get to the third iron ledge, then sprint jump to the wooden scaffolding. The camera does not help here. Climb up ladders and jump up until one plank of the scaffolding forks to the right. Do one more sprinting jump to the building ledge and you will be able to climb up to the roof and see the scenic spot.

Postcard Free play. Location Paris 1, La Bourse.
This post card is on the ground at the cathedral. This is the same Cathedral where Father Dennis asks you to snipe an informant. Located on the west end of the Cathedral in between a few columns.

JiveT
12-17-2009, 06:42 AM
I have noticed that with almost all these freeplay things that you have to climb up something there is a yellow light somewhere near where you have to be to get up to it you can see this light day or night unless a cable or something else leads across to the top of wherever you are trying to get to not sure if that helps anybody.

knightdedede
12-18-2009, 12:58 AM
In Gare De L'est, I need to get to the top of the large building that makes up most of the city. It's the one with the train station behind it. There are three freeplay events on the roof but I have no idea how to get up there. Can anyone help?

Hyp3rion
12-18-2009, 05:11 PM
I would like to confirm what JiveT said about the glowing lamps that mark the route to getting on top of those hard to reach rooftops. It has helped me find where I need to start many times. When I get stumped on how to get to a certain roof I just keep an eye out for that glow and it hasn't failed me yet. I'm two thirds of the way done with freeplay and have yet to get completely stumped because of these little lamp markers. They glow in the daytime too.

GalaxyRed13
12-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I have a similiar problem with getting a freeplay event done in Marias, Paris Area 1. It's on the same building as the Dierker Statue. There's an AA Gun that seems impossible to reach, and I've already tried blasting it with a rocket launcher from afar, and it doesn't work. Does anyone have any tips in reaching it?

shatulance
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
i managed to blow it up with the second rocket launcher you get that only holds 3 rockets

Cigi
12-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Academie Nationale De Musique
Nailed it.
Just do as you already did: "I can get to the building by a cable on the northwest side of the Academie". Then instead of running around just stay where cable connects to the building, face towards the wall and move forward to touch it. Press jump couple of times (I think 3 times did it) so Sean will bounce back a little bit and eventually he will grab the plato above.

knightdedede
12-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Good look on that one. I was just getting frustrated with this viewpoint.

GalaxyRed13
12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I was able to get that Dierker Statue now (I have all of Paris Area 1 completed), but now I seem to have a problem with my game. Doing the freeplays, I was cleaning up the Picardie region, for the countryside, and even though I have all freeplay events off the map itself (there's no white dots), the stats page says that I'm still missing quite a few events there, including a postcard, but they're not showing up on the map.

And before someone says, the markers for freeplay isn't turned off, since I can still see markers in other areas (Paris Area 2, and the other countryside regions west of Picardie, and south, along with Paris Area 3).

Hyp3rion
12-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah, not all the freeplay targets for a specific area are necessarily in that area. I know that doesn't really make sense but a lot of the targets for certain areas are actually way beyond the borders for those areas on the map. Also, the achievements for each area unlock before you get every single target. There are a couple extra targets for each achievement.

Yanbbrox
12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Can't seem to get to the ones on the Church where you meet the priest in area 1?

impatientiain
12-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Any tips on getting the view point on top of the castle in LE Harve,the castle above the docks,i ve got the one on top of the lighthouse.

WonderCaliban
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm in the graveyard (The one where you do the story mission to get the Nazi box from the crypt). There's a freeplay marker on the ground in the middle, around some crypts. But when I'm on top of it I can't see what the objective is.

Angel Fire 42
12-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm in the graveyard (The one where you do the story mission to get the Nazi box from the crypt). There's a freeplay marker on the ground in the middle, around some crypts. But when I'm on top of it I can't see what the objective is.

Underground!!! As are some of the alarm boxes that you can use to shut down the level of alarm you are at.

Nailed it.
Just do as you already did: "I can get to the building by a cable on the northwest side of the Academie". Then instead of running around just stay where cable connects to the building, face towards the wall and move forward to touch it. Press jump couple of times (I think 3 times did it) so Sean will bounce back a little bit and eventually he will grab the plato above.

Thank you ever so, this has been driving me bonkers for so long.

Midnight Malice
12-23-2009, 06:15 AM
ferris wheel? there was 2 dots right in the middle , I got one, the other i'm assuming is a viewpoint... hows do I get up the wheel? or is it underground somehwere

SixtyeightState
12-23-2009, 08:45 AM

you wouldn't happen to know how to take down the two AA guns at the front of that building... would you? I can't seem to get up there, and I've tried for a good 20+ minutes.

Midnight Malice
12-23-2009, 01:05 PM
if you can see em, try a panzershrek...

EDIT: Well, I found the ones you were talking about... I think, if it is the same place I got stuck, a building just to the left of the word Marais, there is an AA tower, and a sniper tower. I tried for about a half hour to get up there, then took my own advice... you can hit both targets from the building across (closer to the writing on the map) or from the view point location, across the courtyard of the same building.

I am 90% sure you need a panzer to destroy AA guns, cause I remember trying with the 1st rocket launcher and it didn't explode.

Midnight Malice
12-24-2009, 05:50 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/963/02dcsab010.jpg

If anyone is still trying to figure this one out, (I never did see an answer here) I got it. It is a viewpoint, there is only 1 way onto that roof, and it is a cable/zipline marked by a red dot on the map above. As you go across the cable, you will see 2 yellow lights leading right across the roof. The ledge above you when you land is glitchy as hell, but you can get up it. Go right as soon as you pull yourself up, walking directly underneath those lights, and the viewpoint is straight ahead on the same level.

DENAz666
12-24-2009, 06:10 AM
if you can see em, try a panzershrek...

EDIT: Well, I found the ones you were talking about... I think, if it is the same place I got stuck, a building just to the left of the word Marais, there is an AA tower, and a sniper tower. I tried for about a half hour to get up there, then took my own advice... you can hit both targets from the building across (closer to the writing on the map) or from the view point location, across the courtyard of the same building.

I am 90% sure you need a panzer to destroy AA guns, cause I remember trying with the 1st rocket launcher and it didn't explode.

Yeah your spot on, no way too get up there, so you'll need a Panzer or Rocket, either will work, just make sure your close enough :)

If i remember right, there was 2 or 4 that are impossible to get to on foot. Just absolutely no way to scale the building

Nlkuysdf
12-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know what all consists of Paris 1, Paris 2, etc. ?

R Rated Love
12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
^ Some of the boundaries are mixed, so there's no 100% list of what area is what. If you plan on getting all the achievements, just blow everything up regardless, you'll get them eventually.

LicensedForwar
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
How do you blow a D statue?

And to do the Casanova achievement does the area have to be in colour

Midnight Malice
12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
How do you blow a D statue?

And to do the Casanova achievement does the area have to be in colour

Dynamite, RDX or Panzershrek, if it doesn't blow up the first time, hit it again in a different spot. there is a statue in saarbrueken that is not a target. I used all 7 panzers... no crumble.

no, you can do them anywhere. there is a great spot to get them out of the way, there is a stunt jump in front of a church just north of Montmartre, a girl stands there, Nazi's respawn all around you. I stood right next to her, used a carbine, shot near the nazi, or up in the air to get thier attention got the alarm and killed all that saw me. Pressed Y right away. got like 4 per minute doing this. Sometimes you have to move up to the top to get thier attention, but not very often. Just run by them at the top, punch once then jump down to the girl, you can stand right next to her as the alarm gets raised and hit Y right after. quick as hell to finish.

Gor1lla
12-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Need your help, too.
In need 3 more Freeplays in Paris 3. 5 should be available, but i only see 2 (marked).
Can someone tell me where the other 3 are? Especially the missing postcard, no marks are behind the blue targets^^

Oh and how do i get up the marked targets =)

sellou
12-24-2009, 08:57 PM
can you tell me where the post card in le havre is (castle, lighthouse etc)? forgot to save after the cheeve for clearing this area *DOH*

LicensedForwar
12-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Dynamite, RDX or Panzershrek, if it doesn't blow up the first time, hit it again in a different spot. there is a statue in saarbrueken that is not a target. I used all 7 panzers... no crumble.

no, you can do them anywhere. there is a great spot to get them out of the way, there is a stunt jump in front of a church just north of Montmartre, a girl stands there, Nazi's respawn all around you. I stood right next to her, used a carbine, shot near the nazi, or up in the air to get thier attention got the alarm and killed all that saw me. Pressed Y right away. got like 4 per minute doing this. Sometimes you have to move up to the top to get thier attention, but not very often. Just run by them at the top, punch once then jump down to the girl, you can stand right next to her as the alarm gets raised and hit Y right after. quick as hell to finish.

This worked amazingly. I had already taken out all the freeplay targets near the church. Just two soldiers spawn shoot the ground ether have to kill one or both after one raise the alarm.

Use the car jump to run down to where the women is in between the benches.

Brain dead easy.

Great find :woop:

Lost Remnant
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm having trouble with a viewpoint freeplay in paris zone 2 at a train station called Gare Saine Lazare (least I think that's how it's spelt correctly, the train tracks obscure the lettering abit.) I also have a picture of the freeplay I need to reach near a purple blip I set to make it easier to spot.

http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/photo05/7e/9e/8ba6f80dc728.jpg
Sorry for the shitty quality, my camera phone is pretty bad. But I can't for the life of me find a way up here. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.axcessmypics.com/photos/photo05/81/8a/051c3a6d1fd2.jpg
Here's another screenshot. Perhaps the building will help. It's hard to see but it's basically straight across from me.

xIAznInvasionIx
12-27-2009, 03:12 AM
I noticed that there are two Freeplay Events on the lighthouse in Le Havre.. I've completed one of them, but I can't figure out what the second one is.. any thoughts?

osakamitsu
12-27-2009, 03:50 AM
ferris wheel? there was 2 dots right in the middle , I got one, the other i'm assuming is a viewpoint... hows do I get up the wheel? or is it underground somehwere

I need help with this one as well.

Also one on a coffin shaped area on the map just under the eiffel tower... the dot is on the "i" and the "r" in fairgrounds.

also another one on a building going diagonal in the lower left corner of latin corner and the corner of it touches china town. It has barbed wire around it. Its the dot in the upper point of the building. Not sure how to scale it.

Also a building shaped like a letter C on the left side of the map in an area called trocadero. The dot is in the ball in the middle of the letter c shape. Not sure how to scale it either.

Also the train station. the rectangular building in front of it... maybe the main building of it cant remember. The dot is on the back part of the rectangle. Possibly due to not being able to scale the building... cant remember.

LicensedForwar
12-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Having problems trying to get on the Stone Arch in Gare De L'est district Paris Area 1.

osakamitsu
12-27-2009, 05:18 PM
nevermind. You dont need all of these to get 1000gs. I got my 1000gs so I dont care about the few I am missing.

LicensedForwar
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
nevermind. You dont need all of these to get 1000gs. I got my 1000gs so I dont care about the few I am missing.

You saying i don't need to do some bull shit jump to get this freeplay and i will still get the achievement :confused:

I got it lol Bloody annoying.

ONI recon 111
12-27-2009, 11:08 PM
There's no need to do any of the jumps, and its not really worth while doing it anyway.

LicensedForwar
12-27-2009, 11:14 PM
There's no need to do any of the jumps, and its not really worth while doing it anyway.

Ok not to sound like a arse hole here but can some please state for the record do you have to get all free play targets?

Cause it's all a little ambiguous at the moment

The achievements that state you have to blow everything up that's marked with a white dot in each area.

ONI recon 111
12-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok not to sound like a arse hole here but can some please state for the record do you have to get all free play targets?

Cause it's all a little ambiguous at the moment

The achievements that state you have to blow everything up that's marked with a white dot in each area.

Basically, destroy everything that can be destroyed, collect all collectables and visit all viewpoints. Jumps are not required, but i'm not sure if they can count to the number needed for each area to get the achievement.

LicensedForwar
12-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Basically, destroy everything that can be destroyed, collect all collectables and visit all viewpoints. Jumps are not required, but i'm not sure if they can count to the number needed for each area to get the achievement.

Oh i was referring to the jumps you have to make to get onto the bloody arch in Paris area one to get the scenic point.

ONI recon 111
12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh i was referring to the jumps you have to make to get onto the bloody arch in Paris area one to get the scenic point.

If you ignore that one at the arch and go for all the other ones in paris area one, you may just get the achievement without needing to get to the scenic point.

LicensedForwar
12-28-2009, 09:41 AM
If you ignore that one at the arch and go for all the other ones in paris area one, you may just get the achievement without needing to get to the scenic point.

It's done now lol I just could not stand that one little white dot in that area. It had to be done.

MEGSY
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Cant remember how to use the bridge kit bomb again, i cant seem to get it out to be able to use it, anyone remember how. i have dynamyte and rdx but cant use the bridge kit for some reason

LicensedForwar
12-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Cant remember how to use the bridge kit bomb again, i cant seem to get it out to be able to use it, anyone remember how. i have dynamyte and rdx but cant use the bridge kit for some reason

Well step one go to black marketer and check you have some at the bottom of the screen. Next find a bridge this will start a bridge mission just plant them on the yellow markers you see on the map.

If your having problems planting at a certain bit your just to high up possibly and jump down a ledge.

Very simple once you get it.

Any more questions feel free to ask :)

$RebelG
12-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Excuse me if there's been a map posted in this topic on the other 2 pages but I was wondering if there's a map with some kind of legend on that actually tells you which white dot is what. I'm asking because I'm still going through the story and I'm taking out as many white dots as possible in places but some of them just keep coming back.

Unless they keep coming back until you've made that area colourful and then you blow up things and they don't come back?

MEGSY
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
sweet thanks i was just abit to high to plant the charges

johnnycagewins
12-29-2009, 02:03 AM
does anyone know where any of the few coastal guns are? its the only ambient freeplay event type i need

The3liteGrunt
12-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Im having troubles in Le Havre, with the freeplays on the lighthouse in the southwest, i got the one at the top of the lighthouse but i dont know how to get the other one.

Snoop QC
12-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the Fuel Bauer because I blew up the place we see in the video posted in this forum, and once it's destroyed the truck doesn't respawn.

ONI recon 111
12-29-2009, 08:46 AM
does anyone know where any of the few coastal guns are? its the only ambient freeplay event type i need

There are a few in Le Havre, two at the docks and two just before the castle.

Im having troubles in Le Havre, with the freeplays on the lighthouse in the southwest, i got the one at the top of the lighthouse but i dont know how to get the other one.

Its a postcard on the bottom, just round to the left of the doorway, but its quite difficult to see because the sun reflects off it. Just try walking round on the base of the lighthouse slowly until you get it.

guthmund
12-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Okay, I've got one.

In the Champagne-Ardenne region, I believe, there is a compound with a ton of cars on display. I assume it's Dierker's but haven't progressed far enough in the story to know for sure.

Anyway, I've got all the markers except one. It looks like it's on the edge of a cliff, but I can't find it for the life of me. I've been all over, taken out all the guards, destroyed all the guns and searchlights, found the postcard, but can't find the last one. It's the one further south near a big ass gun guarded by two guys.

I'll see if I can't get a picture, but until then anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. It was a jump.

ONI recon 111
12-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know what the second dot at the ferris wheel in the fairground is in Paris Area 3? the first was a postcard, but i can't seem to find the second, so i' guessing its a scenic point, but there's no obvious way up.

ericssont18
12-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know what the second dot at the ferris wheel in the fairground is in Paris Area 3? the first was a postcard, but i can't seem to find the second, so i' guessing its a scenic point, but there's no obvious way up.

Yes, that is a scenic point, I have read some post that you should "WALK" from the "leg" and climb up to the highest point of the ferris wheel. The view point shoud inside the highest "TRAM".

Chose the farest "leg " from the white dot would be more easy to start your "WALKING".

Hope can help.

ZYM
12-29-2009, 05:01 PM

I don't know about area 1 but there is a giant one of him sitting that you can actually walk under in area 3 where the Eifle Tower is, if I remember right there is a circle on the map like a turn-about pretty big. I came across it by chance but it had loud speakers that were talking about him if there is more than 1 statue you only need to blow up 1 for the comando acheeve . . .

It's a postcard on the backside if it is day time it is very hard to see but walk around the base till you get the :ybut: promt to pick up intel

HavokAndChaos
12-30-2009, 03:48 AM
I'm in the cemetery from the first mission you do for the brits I think and I can't figure out how to get on top of the large mausoleum to get the viewpoint I can see from the ground. Anyone know?

ZYM
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm in the cemetery from the first mission you do for the brits I think and I can't figure out how to get on top of the large mausoleum to get the viewpoint I can see from the ground. Anyone know?

I think that is the one with the bell tower in the back right? thats how you get up there, don't remember for sure though, sorry . . .

$RebelG
12-30-2009, 05:44 PM
You know if you go for the dots in a black and white area, will they reappear once you've blown something up?

HavokAndChaos
12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I think that is the one with the bell tower in the back right? thats how you get up there, don't remember for sure though, sorry . . .

Is there stairs, a ladder, or do you climb it?

You know if you go for the dots in a black and white area, will they reappear once you've blown something up?

Wait, so if you do freeplay targets in a controlled area they come back the next time you blow something up?

$RebelG
12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I wasn't totally sure since I knew I blew up a couple things in the black and white area and they came back. I've blown up a bunch of stuff though near the Wulf tank so I guess next time I look at my map when I play, if they aren't there I'll of answered that question.

One thing though, do you have to do the stunt jump white icons to get the achievements for that area? Because I haven't done any of them and don't really want to if I can miss them out.

thepaxman
12-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Why, when I have done all freeplay targets in places like Le Havre, Picardie (I've basically gone all around the outside and just have the middle to do), does the Stats page still say I have some left in the area.

Are the boundary lines slightly blurred? Something doesn't seem right. Do bridges count too, even though they aren't marked?

WaahhJedi
12-31-2009, 04:41 AM
I also cannot figure out how to get the last freeplay target in the center of the giant castle in Le Havre.

ZYM
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Wait, so if you do freeplay targets in a controlled area they come back the next time you blow something up?

if they are story related and you haven't done that story part yet they will reappear

Does anyone know where I can find the Fuel Bauer because I blew up the place we see in the video posted in this forum, and once it's destroyed the truck doesn't respawn.

I found a fuel truck as far west as you can go there is a spot with maybe 8 white dots in a grey area on the edge of the map there is one there next to one of the rockets you blow up, I would suggest killing all the nazis and driving the truck away alittle before blowing up the rocket, gun, and search light there . . .

MurraytehSkull
01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I also cannot figure out how to get the last freeplay target in the center of the giant castle in Le Havre.

It's a viewpoint. You can either blow the gate to the tunnel below and climb the stairs to the top, or climb the series of ledges on the west side and go in the window. Once inside, there are some more ledges on the inside of the wall, use them to get to the roof. The spyglass is on one of the turrets.

vwguy
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM
In Gare De L'est, I need to get to the top of the large building that makes up most of the city. It's the one with the train station behind it. There are three freeplay events on the roof but I have no idea how to get up there. Can anyone help?

I am having the same issue with this one. How do you get on top if this building?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Use a Birgitte and climb it. Then jump to reach the pillars and up you go.

General Boredom
01-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Gare Saint Lazarre, a rectangular building with an open courtyard near a train station.

There's a scenic spot near a small bridge that connects the two buildings, and I can't find any way to reach the roof.

OMGxHAX
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM
i have all of the freeplay targets for paris area 3 done but it still says im missing about 5 in there. i dont see any white dots in that area, and im starting to get confused! does anyone know what areas make up area 3?

i have cleared :
isle de city
latin quarter
chinatown
effiel
saint germain
montparsse
and the fairgrounds

EDIT: never mind i got it! the bottom check point a at the top of the centere area counts as paris area 3 for some reson

anyways got my 1000 and im feeling good! :D

ZYM
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Why, when I have done all freeplay targets in places like Le Havre, Picardie (I've basically gone all around the outside and just have the middle to do), does the Stats page still say I have some left in the area.

Are the boundary lines slightly blurred? Something doesn't seem right. Do bridges count too, even though they aren't marked?

The lines on the map don't really matter the areas are divided by the checkpoints it you look at the check points you see three distinct areas in the city, everything outside (top, bottom, left and right) is considered countryside . . .

Horwitz
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Nailed it.

Thank you! This was driving me nuts last night, I hate how that area was so glitchy. I'm gonna try to get it later tonight. Again thanks.

I just did it, but I found a much easier way to do this. As soon as you get off the zip line turn to the right and sprint followed by a jump to the opposite ledge while not hitting the gutters in front of you. If timed right, you should make it on the first jump.

seraphimneeded
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Having problems trying to get on the Stone Arch in Gare De L'est district Paris Area 1.

Can anyone explain this one better? I know I can skip this one and still get the achievements, but it's taunting me. It's going to drive me nuts to have 1 target left and no clue how to get it.

The best I can tell is to try to make a running jump from across the street on the really tall building, but every time I attempt it I come up just short of being able to grab the ledge.

Ratso33
01-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Not exactly a free play target but didn't want to start a new post

Which of the types of tower is the sniper tower because i'm after the sniping perks but haven't picked up a sniper rifle yet

Also how do you get on top of the church between the Belle and Villette
the one with the three jumps and kissing woman out the front as i only have the one target left in this area

ril14ey
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Not exactly a free play target but didn't want to start a new post

Which of the types of tower is the sniper tower because i'm after the sniping perks but haven't picked up a sniper rifle yet

Also how do you get on top of the church between the Belle and Villette
the one with the three jumps and kissing woman out the front as i only have the one target left in this area

The sniper towers dont generally have speakers on them, from memory they're just the huts on the towers, although im pretty sure i saw some snipers on the towers with speakers on them, and the metal platforms.... Good luck with getting the Gold sniper perk, use the guides suggestion and you'll get it in no time.....
As for the church, i cant recall how to climb that one.... is it a scenic view? If it is look for the lanterns, hope this helps

ZYM
01-08-2010, 10:26 PM
The sniper towers could be any of them but they are generally higher than the regular towers

As for the church looking at it on the left side there is some scaffolding you get up part way go to the back to the bell tower take the stairs all the way to the top then the ladder to the very top then there is a tricky cable to get on and follow that accross to the dome and then work your way around to the viewpoint . . .

Oo RenY ReN oO
01-09-2010, 01:45 AM
just a general question.. is it easier to stop story mode and focus on knocking out the freeplay targets.. or should i continue story mode and do the free play targets at the end? right now im just running around everywhere that is colored and gettin the targets.. but it seems tedious

pyrokitsune777
01-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Yes, that is a scenic point, I have read some post that you should "WALK" from the "leg" and climb up to the highest point of the ferris wheel. The view point shoud inside the highest "TRAM".

Chose the farest "leg " from the white dot would be more easy to start your "WALKING".

Hope can help.

YouTube- The Saboteur - Climbing the Ferris Wheel
this vid might help with the ferris wheel thing.

Daiphyer.
01-09-2010, 09:26 AM
In Paris area 1, the train station. The dot between the AA Gun and Anti-Air. I know it's a view point, but HOW THE FUCK to get up there?! It's really frustrating.

MatthewC
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Can't get the target that's in the big mansion in Champagne Ardenne, the one with the cars and that you steal the Aurora back from. The target I can't get is the one that seems to be on the very edge of the hill the mansion's on, seems to be either on the side of the cliff or just on top but I can't find it anywhere. :eek: Can anyone help? Thanks.

PwcrLinux
01-09-2010, 06:40 PM
In Paris area 1, the train station. The dot between the AA Gun and Anti-Air. I know it's a view point, but HOW THE FUCK to get up there?! It's really frustrating.

Use the westside of bldg to climb the windowstills/embosed bricks and then go to the middle large AA gun platform, it's facing of road. while you climbing, that you should see the "shiny" flashing on every windowstill, embosed bricks and etc.

ril14ey
01-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Can't get the target that's in the big mansion in Champagne Ardenne, the one with the cars and that you steal the Aurora back from. The target I can't get is the one that seems to be on the very edge of the hill the mansion's on, seems to be either on the side of the cliff or just on top but I can't find it anywhere. :eek: Can anyone help? Thanks.

I got the achievement for the area with the AA gun right near it, and looking at it my first thought was a jump, as i couldnt see anything around or below the cliff....if it is a jump, its a pretty fair drop

ginuwine_import
01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
quick question. I can't seem to figure out what the freeplay event is near the back, inside chemical plant in Bercy. thanks

Daiphyer.
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
^^ Yea me2. There is a white dot with a square black marking around it, but there is nothing!
BTW how do you guys destroy these rockets that are underground and covered with these huge triangle like shapes? There is one just after Le havre. I've tried bombing, shooting panzershrek(Which never reached it, always hit the triangle shapes covering it) and everything, but I can't get it to blow up. I even killed the guy who's next to it but it doesn't blow up.

PwcrLinux
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
^^ Yea me2. There is a white dot with a square black marking around it, but there is nothing!
BTW how do you guys destroy these rockets that are underground and covered with these huge triangle like shapes? There is one just after Le havre. I've tried bombing, shooting panzershrek(Which never reached it, always hit the triangle shapes covering it) and everything, but I can't get it to blow up. I even killed the guy who's next to it but it doesn't blow up.

Try look for the manhole with hut. ususally same thing in LeHarve near the train yard.

OldBayFries
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Anyone know where a Coastal gun is? I cant find one. I know only 3 or 4 towns has them but each of those towns only has 1. Please help if you can. Thanks!

ginuwine_import
01-12-2010, 10:55 PM
i'm missing 1 general nazi, 2 post cards, 2 snipers nest, 1 supply drop and 3 nazi towers for zone two. but there's no dots on the zone two area...can anybody help?

was wondering if anybody knows how to clear the freeplay event in the isle de la cite where veronique was supposed to be excuted? I can't seen to find the objective there.

J Dubz15
01-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I have cleared every white dot that was on my map in Area 1. It says I still need 2 supply drops, 1 search light and 1 scenic spot. I have searched everywhere, gone to boarding targets and they are for the neighbouring zone. I have blown up multiple targets in between the checkpoints and they are for Area 2 or 3.

There is 1 scenic spot I need but can't reach it. It's the one on the big building near the checkpoint to Area 2, very close to La Belle. There was also a postcard inside this area. The outer walls are not climb-able (they have spikes on the top). I have found a zip wire in Area 2 that gets me to the higher roof area, but I couldn't find a way onto the actual roof and towards the scenic spot.

Anyone know how to get this one?

el vaquero
01-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Can anyone explain this one better? I know I can skip this one and still get the achievements, but it's taunting me. It's going to drive me nuts to have 1 target left and no clue how to get it.

The best I can tell is to try to make a running jump from across the street on the really tall building, but every time I attempt it I come up just short of being able to grab the ledge.
Ok if im thinkin of the right arch there should be a tall white building south of the arch running jump towards arch and got it. There are 2 archs though but one has a zipline. The building i mentioned should be the tallest in the vicinity. It may take a couple tries but only way i could find

Veilor
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
quick question. I can't seem to figure out what the freeplay event is near the back, inside chemical plant in Bercy. thanks

Need this one too =/ .. Going nuts trying to figure it out

vodo316
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Im stuck on 2 freeplay targets on the same building. Its a large building in Paris area one there is a centre area with a statue with barbwire all around it. The 2 i need an AA tower and a watch tower i think are on 2 spire like strucures at the other end of building. I can get onto the roof but for the life of me cannot find anyway to climb these spires would really appreciate sum help as its driving me nuts

PwcrLinux
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Im stuck on 2 freeplay targets on the same building. Its a large building in Paris area one there is a centre area with a statue with barbwire all around it. The 2 i need an AA tower and a watch tower i think are on 2 spire like strucures at the other end of building. I can get onto the roof but for the life of me cannot find anyway to climb these spires would really appreciate sum help as its driving me nuts

Use RPG to shoot both of them from the ground. You need to get disguise clothes and go into area look for the yellow lights to follow on the walls. Also there is gap between the spikes & pilar to climb over and get into the statues area.

vodo316
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Cheers i got the statue was just those towers for sum reason never occured to me to use a RPG will give that a try later thanks

lewi.j
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
elloooo i need two more for the Paris area one!! in Marois there on a wierd chimney shaped building anyone able to help i know ones a AA and the other a Sniper tower! (:

HavokAndChaos
01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know where all the postcards for Picardie are? I've gotten two and hit every freeplay target in and around Picardie.

irishoh
01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Having trouble with the viewpoint atop the Parthenon looking building just south of the northern most bridge downtown just below the Champs Elysees. There's no lights like with most viewpoints.

Boss Kamikaze
01-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Can anyone helo with this one i have taken a screenshot from the map but i cant find it any where

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Kuniva007/Capture2.png

PwcrLinux
01-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Can anyone helo with this one i have taken a screenshot from the map but i cant find it any where

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Kuniva007/Capture2.png

Climb the bldg near the purple square just northwest of viewpoint's bldg (west of yellow triangle), look for yellow lights to follow and use zipline, but once you arrived at the viewpoint's bldg, move left little bit from the yellow light and tapping A repeatly till you made onto roof.

swaggPt
01-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Just a tip for those of you who havn't bought all the maps yet. Start off by just buying, let's say, the Paris Area 1 map and then do all the missions. This won't save you any time but if you buy all maps at once it's easy to be overwhelmed.

Ravenstien
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Cimitiere De Pere Lachaise:
I've got two in here that I can't for the life of me get, one on the 2nd 'tier' just to the southeast of the blob in the northwest corner, and one in the circle at the eastern end where the little chapel is.
I've also got 4 left, but only two dots in what I believe is area 1...Apparently I've got a scenic spot, a radar station and two supply drops...any ideas?

Body Hauler
01-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Has any got a pic of zone 2 only. I'm pretty sure that I have done all the Freeplay missions in that area but it hasn't popped yet.

Got it. I thought that "land locked" island was part of Zone 3.

kywildcats7
01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Has any got a pic of zone 2 only. I'm pretty sure that I have done all the Freeplay missions in that area but it hasn't popped yet.

Got it. I thought that "land locked" island was part of Zone 3.

Where is this "land locked island" you are referring to? Im having the same problem. TIA

PwcrLinux
01-24-2010, 04:03 AM
Where is this "land locked island" you are referring to? Im having the same problem. TIA

It's a prison as Death Row between the zone 2 and 3 on the river area next to the fuel plant platform.. You can look for the ladder by river bank or climb bldg to find the manhole sewer (in zone 2 just north of fuel plant platform) across from the barricaded gate that connected to the prison area.

Cyanack
01-24-2010, 01:58 PM
stuck on the ones in saarbrucken. achievement description for that area says to complete 53 and ive counted how many i have in that area and it comes to 53 but no chieve... the hell? its the same for paris area 1, total completed in that area comes to 333 but clearly no cheevie =( ah well if i do some more im sure it'll unlock

synjin savant2
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
There's a dot in southwest Picardie, near a sideways horse-shoe shaped road. When I go there, I can't see anything to blow up or pick up... What am I missing here? It's due north of Margaret's hangout. On the map it looks like a couple brown squiggles then a horseshoe. I blew up a canon and something else nearby, but I can't figure out what the 3rd dot is. Help?

thewyseone
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
looks like a radar,big cannon and a small aa gun in area you described

Edenstrife
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks alot....this thread was extremely helpful.

Your Not Loving Dad
01-25-2010, 10:34 PM

Climb the ferris wheel. It's in the car at the top.

thewyseone
01-25-2010, 10:38 PM
there is a video on you tube for climbing it.

kywildcats7
01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
OK, there is this target in Chinatown if I remember correctly, and you climb down into this area that has all these wheels turning. I have tried blowing it up with RDX and RPG and nothing. What do you have to do here for the freeplay target?

TIA

thewyseone
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
is that the big gun in the domed building?might be a scenic point.there is a mission where you blow that gun up.i'll have to check it out later this evening,i got a few saves with most the freeplay targets intact.

thewyseone
01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
sceanic spot is on top of that building,you cant blow up that gun till the correct mission.what you see is the sceanic spot,climb scaffold,enter the building through the roof and climb ladder over gun,that will take you there.

kywildcats7
01-29-2010, 12:34 AM
is that the big gun in the domed building?might be a scenic point.there is a mission where you blow that gun up.i'll have to check it out later this evening,i got a few saves with most the freeplay targets intact.

ya, big dome building with the huge gun at the top. Havent done the mission yet. There are 2 things there I cant figure out.

thewyseone
01-29-2010, 01:53 AM
look on ground for other target,look hard or youll miss it.

as for the scenic spot,look a few post up.

kywildcats7
01-29-2010, 09:15 PM
look on ground for other target,look hard or youll miss it.

as for the scenic spot,look a few post up.

Thanks, got em, thought for sure I had to blow that big ass gun up.

Twinx77
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Fairground in Paris Area 3

Theres a marker directly where the ferris wheel is located but I can't see anything. It's definitely not a car jump.

Rainith
01-31-2010, 01:36 AM
stuck on the ones in saarbrucken.

Okay probably a stupid question with a simple answer, but how do you get back into Sarrbrucken to do the freeplay targets? I tried to get back in but the gate was locked and guarded. And they didn't want to let me in. I tried ramming through the gate, but that didn't work.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. :confused:

Twinx77
01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Okay probably a stupid question with a simple answer, but how do you get back into Sarrbrucken to do the freeplay targets? I tried to get back in but the gate was locked and guarded. And they didn't want to let me in. I tried ramming through the gate, but that didn't work.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. :confused:

Kill the guards and to the left of the gate is button that you press to open the door.

thewyseone
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
or climb small building to left and jump over gate.you can also climb tower from german side and jump back over.or as above kill the gaurds and open gate with button.

Rainith
02-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Thanks guys. :) I think the first time I tried one of the guards died right next to the button and dropped his gun, so every time I was next to it, it gave me the option to switch guns instead of opening the gate. Either that or I just plain missed it. Thanks again.

Hokie Ghost
02-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Anytime you're about to start a story mission and get a checkpoint, get the rocket launcher, blast 7 freeplay events in quick succession, die, hit retry, get 7 more rockets and at same checkpoint, blast 7 more rockets. Easy way to clear out freeplay events near mission areas.

Rainith
02-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Okay, I've got one last Paris Zone 3 viewpoint (or whatever they're called). It is on the building to the east of the Eiffel Tower, and I can't see a way to get up on that building. I even tried jumping off the first level of the Eiffel Tower and all I managed to do was a nice belly flop onto the ground. What am I missing to get on top of the building?

Otacon152
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Okay, I've got one last Paris Zone 3 viewpoint (or whatever they're called). It is on the building to the east of the Eiffel Tower, and I can't see a way to get up on that building. I even tried jumping off the first level of the Eiffel Tower and all I managed to do was a nice belly flop onto the ground. What am I missing to get on top of the building?

Go on the inside of the U part of the building and face north. You should see a door way with a yellow light near it on the right hand side. It should be easy to spot as there is no other yellow lights. Basically just jump up from there and follow the yellow lights round and it will take you right up to the roof.

That one had me scratching my head for bloody hours.

Edit: When I say U part I mean the building itself. If you look at it it'll be shaped like a U. =)

Rainith
02-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I don't know how I missed those lights, I went around that building 3 or 4 times and never saw them. 100% free play targets complete and game 100% complete now. :woop:

A ZombieTwinkie
02-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I've got a slight problem, myself.

I've been going through and taking out things occasionally. I finished off Le Havre, cleared out most of the country and decided to finish off Area 1 before heading to area 2. I start getting down to the last few and thinking finally.

I blow up my last AA gun and look at my map. I have no markers showing any locations - yes, I have bought all the maps available - So I run/drive around for a bit looking for more, but then I stop and decide to check in case I've missed the Achievement pop. No luck. I add all of the completed ones up, and it comes to 330/337.

Does anyone know why some might not be showing up?

..::edit::..
Now that I look at it. I cleared out all of the Countryside, and dont have the achievement either. WTF?

spunyun
02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Paris Area 1

I have just 6 targets left (5 views & 1 postcard), I'm trying to figure out which is the postcard but here is the kicker, I only have 5 targets left in Paris area 1 as far I can tell. The one Target that I think might be my postcard is in the graveyard/crypt type area where you go underground. The target is inside the main building on top of the hill, I think its a view from top of the building but couldn't figure out how to climb it and I also think it might be an underground postcard.

There is 3 of them on top of buildings (possible that 1 in postcard inside building I guess), 1 on top of a little stone structure which I know is a view and finally the one in the crypt. Anything else on my map that is close is Paris Area 2 (or a viewpoint for PA2).

EDIT!! I found it, used a youtube video to find the postcard (it was the only one in PA1 that wasn't on the ground basically) and didn't have any problems with the rest of them.

spunyun
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I've got a slight problem, myself.

I've been going through and taking out things occasionally. I finished off Le Havre, cleared out most of the country and decided to finish off Area 1 before heading to area 2. I start getting down to the last few and thinking finally.

I blow up my last AA gun and look at my map. I have no markers showing any locations - yes, I have bought all the maps available - So I run/drive around for a bit looking for more, but then I stop and decide to check in case I've missed the Achievement pop. No luck. I add all of the completed ones up, and it comes to 330/337.

Does anyone know why some might not be showing up?

..::edit::..
Now that I look at it. I cleared out all of the Countryside, and dont have the achievement either. WTF? Did you add them up in your stats? And you don't have any targets left on the map at all in the areas? Right now I think I might have 1 target that isn't showing up in Paris area 1. I'm almost done with the countryside but basically everything left is in "central" to the far south.

Lazzeri
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Nailed it.

How the hell you managed to do it? :)

I mean, i´ve tried it a handfull of times, too many to count. Zipline to it and then keep trying to jump up like a horny frog. No matter what I do i just can´t get up and most of the times i just accidentally fall to the lower level - and then there´s only one way, and that´s down. :mad:

I mean, i´ve already got the achievement for Zone 1 but come on, that´s the only white dot on that area, i just *have to* get it or i´ll never sleep again. Shiite! :p

Regards,
Lazzeri

BurningBlaze21
03-02-2010, 11:41 PM
There are two targets on the same building as the Deirker or w.e statue, a sniper next, and an AA gun. I cannot seem to find a way up to them, I am assuming I just have to shoot them with a rocket.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

BlakeTheGoriest
03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
the rectangle building with nothing in the center. the one in gare saint lazarre...its pissing me off...please somebody help

BlakeTheGoriest
03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
of course 5 minutes after i post i find out how to get up there

DaReAlT83
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
There are two targets on the same building as the Deirker or w.e statue, a sniper next, and an AA gun. I cannot seem to find a way up to them, I am assuming I just have to shoot them with a rocket.

Confirmation would be appreciated.Couldn't also find a way up. Rockets will help ;-)

hardcore gamer
03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
A little tip for anyone like me who didn't notice at first. I actually cleared the whole of the country and Paris 1 before I realised.

For the hard to reach spots, like scenic spots or mainly stuff on top of buildings, the game shows you the way up using lights. They look like lanterns stuck to the wall. I thought that's all they were but they are only there to show you which parts of the building to climb up.

Even if there's no place to climb up, say you have to zip from another building. It will have the lights leading all the way up to the zip that you need to use.

This may be obvious old news but I never saw it mentioned on here,

Lumabizz
03-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Gare Saint Lazarre:
Issue: Freeplay View Point

I have seen already 3-4 people have asked about this place,
with few answers, the only answer i got, was to get the west side
of the building and climb the windows tiles. have searched all places with no results :(

Can someone please explaine more spesific, or make an arrow on the
picture below where to begin, thanks in advance. :)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5741/dsc00621.png

rabies
03-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Gare Saint Lazarre:

I have seen already 3-4 people have asked about this place,
with few answers, the only answer i got, was to get the west side
of the building and climb the windows tiles. have searched all places with no results :(

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5741/dsc00621.png

Ok..this was the last one I got in Paris zone 2 and it was a bit of a hassle..but I slapped myself on the forehead once i got it.

You'll notice that there are two distinct buildings here (train station and building in front of it), and a bridge up on the 2nd/3rd story that connects them (immediately north of the white dot). That bridge is the key. On the front (south side) of the train station, towards the western end (near weapon dealer), you will notice some planks of various heights sticking out of the building. You should be able to just make it onto the lower ones (using some lower ledges on the building)...once up on them, work your way east on them towards that bridge...you should be able to cross the front of the entire train station (2 or 3 stories up) using either those platforms, or simply hanging off a ledge and working eastwards. once you get to that bridge, it is pretty easy to figure out.

I almost forgot to mention, in order to grab the first set of ledges you need to get to the boards, you will need to use the benches that are against the building...using those gives you just enough height to grab the first ledge.

hardcore gamer
03-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Gare Saint Lazarre:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9724/dsc00621m.jpg

Walk to where that arrow is pointing and you'll see a wooden arch going over the road, you need to climb up the wall on the right side just before the arch. There's a white light hanging where you have to climb.

There a few orange lights showing you the way to go. You basically climb onto some scaffold board stuff.

MadPete
03-09-2010, 05:23 PM
dont know if this is already here but on isle de citie there is a scenic point not registered on the map, on top of the first large building u come across, before u get to the scenic point on the next large building. there was nothing on the map to indicate it was there but it was.

DaReAlT83
03-10-2010, 08:49 AM
dont know if this is already here but on isle de citie there is a scenic point not registered on the mapOn Isle de la cité, there are freeplay targets for Zone 2 and Zone 3. Did you already buy maps for both areas? Probably, this is the explanation.

Lazzeri
03-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Go on the inside of the U part of the building and face north. You should see a door way with a yellow light near it on the right hand side. It should be easy to spot as there is no other yellow lights. Basically just jump up from there and follow the yellow lights round and it will take you right up to the roof.

That one had me scratching my head for bloody hours.

Edit: When I say U part I mean the building itself. If you look at it it'll be shaped like a U. =)

Thank you man! Your next beer is on me! :-)

SpinelesS
03-17-2010, 09:21 AM
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9724/dsc00621m.jpg

Walk to where that arrow is pointing and you'll see a wooden arch going over the road, you need to climb up the wall on the right side just before the arch. There's a white light hanging where you have to climb.

There a few orange lights showing you the way to go. You basically climb onto some scaffold board stuff.

I just cant seem to do this one. The top plank is out of reach to me no matter what I do. I can reach the bottom of the Arch but I cant go anywhere from there (I assumed at first that the diagonal bars were climbable but I cant get onto them)

This and a spotlight that isnt where its supposed to be (Palais Royal) are the only 2 ambient freeplays I havent been able to do.

Keynwar
03-17-2010, 01:50 PM
also another one on a building going diagonal in the lower left corner of latin corner and the corner of it touches china town. It has barbed wire around it. Its the dot in the upper point of the building. Not sure how to scale it.

I´ve got the same problem but nobody gave an answer to this.
I think its the same building i had to enter during a mission. But now (im doing the Freeplay Targets with the No Alarm-Glitch mentioned in another Thread) i cant enter the building. Only thing i can do is climbing it but theres nothing on the roof.

SpinelesS
03-18-2010, 02:21 AM
I´ve got the same problem but nobody gave an answer to this.
I think its the same building i had to enter during a mission. But now (im doing the Freeplay Targets with the No Alarm-Glitch mentioned in another Thread) i cant enter the building. Only thing i can do is climbing it but theres nothing on the roof.

Ah this one :)

This was on the mission where you blew up a large gun. (I got it right after)

If you didnt get this during the mission, you climb up on the southern side, follow the lights until you reach the ruined gun. Climb the ruins of the gun and jump onto the ladder. The viewpoint should be at the top.

rabies
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I just cant seem to do this one. The top plank is out of reach to me no matter what I do. I can reach the bottom of the Arch but I cant go anywhere from there (I assumed at first that the diagonal bars were climbable but I cant get onto them)

This and a spotlight that isnt where its supposed to be (Palais Royal) are the only 2 ambient freeplays I havent been able to do.

As i pointed out above, you can only reach the planks if you start your climbe on the sitting benches that are up against the wall. The benches gives you that extra little bit of height you need.

Keynwar
03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Ah this one :)

This was on the mission where you blew up a large gun. (I got it right after)

If you didnt get this during the mission, you climb up on the southern side, follow the lights until you reach the ruined gun. Climb the ruins of the gun and jump onto the ladder. The viewpoint should be at the top.

Thanks for your help but its actually at the other end of the house. I made a picture (:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7885/dsc01026ut.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/i/dsc01026ut.jpg/)

I would appreciate the help.

Keynwar
03-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your help but its actually at the other end of the house. I made a picture (:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7885/dsc01026ut.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/i/dsc01026ut.jpg/)

I would appreciate the help.

Yeah uhm...it was a postcard, lying on the ground...d´uh.

DestroyThineslf
07-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Giant gun on the oil rig, where you have to board the zeppelin to rescue Veronique
I tried to blow it up but it disappeared, does anyone know if that liberates the area when destroyed?

Aragorn
07-28-2010, 09:24 PM

I made a quick video of the area, is this the area?

YouTube- The Saboteur Gare Saint Lazarre HD

DJEYBLACK
07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I have cleared all the freeplay content in Champagne Ardennes, exept for one car jump. The problem is It is not marked on the map i bought from the blackmarket, and I cannot find it. There should be 2 of them and I found 1. Now Anyone able to help me out? i got the one from the mansion where you can find the 3 type of car but the other jump i don't know where to find it.

Psycho Chickan
08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I made a quick video of the area, is this the area?

YouTube- The Saboteur Gare Saint Lazarre HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7gaHZJ-GXU) Thank you SO much. I read so many forum posts and the bit that was missing for me was at 1:14. That jump/climb is so finicky as you can't easily stand on the windo ledge to get it.

Thanks again mate :)

Aragorn
08-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I have cleared all the freeplay content in Champagne Ardennes, exept for one car jump. The problem is It is not marked on the map i bought from the blackmarket, and I cannot find it. There should be 2 of them and I found 1. Now Anyone able to help me out? i got the one from the mansion where you can find the 3 type of car but the other jump i don't know where to find it.

Hi,

There is only 1 car jump in Champagne-Ardenne even though the stats say 2.

The other jump is in Picardie (the stats page says none !). I made a short video showing where the Picardie jump is in case you haven't already found it.

YouTube- The Saboteur Picardie Car Jump HD

Renegade42
11-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm stuck with one of the targets in the Latin Quarter. I've got the viewpoint on top of the HUGE gun...but there's one just a bit down there in the restricted area SOMEWHERE and I'm right on top of the marker and I can't see anything. And as far as I can tell I can't get inside the building for it to be a box or postcard.

LoneWolfREV
11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Are there any known glitches with the freeplay targets? Because I cleared one part of the map, I can't see any of the points on there but in the statistics I have one postcard and one building to destroy. Now I don't know if I should still play the game and find out after I clear all other freeplay targets or I should just forget about the game :P

ozgoon56
11-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Are there any known glitches with the freeplay targets? Because I cleared one part of the map, I can't see any of the points on there but in the statistics I have one postcard and one building to destroy. Now I don't know if I should still play the game and find out after I clear all other freeplay targets or I should just forget about the game :P

You don't need to get all of the targets to get the achievement, all of the areas give an allowance of either 3 or 4, presumably for potential problems like yours. So if you're only missing 2 then you should be alright. Keep clearing targets and you may find the missing ones in a nearby area as I believe that some are incorrectly tagged and also some on area borders are a bit unclear as to which they are in.

LoneWolfREV
11-18-2010, 01:42 AM
You don't need to get all of the targets to get the achievement, all of the areas give an allowance of either 3 or 4, presumably for potential problems like yours. So if you're only missing 2 then you should be alright. Keep clearing targets and you may find the missing ones in a nearby area as I believe that some are incorrectly tagged and also some on area borders are a bit unclear as to which they are in.

Yup, you were completely right :) I got another achievement today even if I was missing 4 spots :) But I'm still missing one postard but I bet there is a map online for it :)

Hopefuly one day I can max this game ;)

ozgoon56
11-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Yup, you were completely right :) I got another achievement today even if I was missing 4 spots :) But I'm still missing one postard but I bet there is a map online for it :)

Hopefuly one day I can max this game ;)

The postcard locations are mostly pretty easy to spot on the map. They'll always be on or near one of the major features such as the cathedral behind La Belle or Arc de Triomphe or one of the main Plazas. By the time you finish clearing the map you may have found the one you're missing anyway. Which area is it that you're missing the postcard from? I know from experience that Paris 1 has a location that looks as though it should be Paris 2 because it is right next to the border checkpoints and it has barriers around it that mean it has to be entered either from Paris 2 or through a gap in-between the 2 checkpoints.

I did finish Paris 1 last night so it's Paris 2 tonight then Paris 3 and the postcards tomorrow night and that'll be my 1000. Trouble is all the targets will be gone so I'll have to start a new game if I want to keep blowing up Nazis! The most fun I'm having is luring a general away and then planting a bomb at his spot for a nasty surprise when he returns. :woop:

LoneWolfREV
11-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm missing one in Picardie, but I found a small map on google so it should help me.

The only thing that worries me is the collection of vehicles. I used my tokens for free gold and silver badges and I don't know if the nazi vehicles are still available after I destroyed most of the targets (well all of them) outside the city :x

metallicoholic
12-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Okay... so I'm stuck with a freeplay event in Palais Royal that I cannot find. I've tried Google searching it and no one has a response. The marker is in the southern tip of the building, right in the center over the entrance where the two guards are standing. I've climbed all over the building and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Aragorn
12-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Okay... so I'm stuck with a freeplay event in Palais Royal that I cannot find. I've tried Google searching it and no one has a response. The marker is in the southern tip of the building, right in the center over the entrance where the two guards are standing. I've climbed all over the building and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi, I made a video in another thread regarding this target, here it is below.

The actual target isn't shown in the video as i had already done it before recording the gameplay but it shows you how to get to the actual location.

I hope this is the one you are looking for.

Cheers

YouTube- The Saboteur Palais Royal Freeplay Target HD

metallicoholic
12-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi, I made a video in another thread regarding this target, here it is below.

The actual target isn't shown in the video as i had already done it before recording the gameplay but it shows you how to get to the actual location.

I hope this is the one you are looking for.

I saw your video on YouTube actually when I was searching for this point. Unfortunately the freeplay event that you're getting in your video is not in Palais Royal but the Opera District instead. The one I'm referring to is a large rectangular building surrounded by barbed wire (on the map).

EDIT: In your video Aragorn, when you pull up the map, the point I'm looking for is a small square on the front of the building to the right of the one you posted a video for.

ozgoon56
12-10-2010, 12:53 AM

I think I remember the one the you're talking about and if I'm right it might be a postcard under the entrance to the building. Have you checked in there or only up top?

metallicoholic
12-10-2010, 08:36 PM
I think I remember the one the you're talking about and if I'm right it might be a postcard under the entrance to the building. Have you checked in there or only up top?

I feel like a total idiot now but I just loaded up my game again and went back to the same spot. Right on top of the tower over the entrance is a giant spotlight. I swear it wasn't there before....

Well, if anyone has this same problem, just save the game and load it back up and something might appear there that wasn't there before.

Aragorn
12-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I feel like a total idiot now but I just loaded up my game again and went back to the same spot. Right on top of the tower over the entrance is a giant spotlight. I swear it wasn't there before....

Well, if anyone has this same problem, just save the game and load it back up and something might appear there that wasn't there before.

Thats good, at least you found it now.

I have just been looking in that area myself trying to remember what was there as i've already completed the freeplay targets. Problem solved :)

xBurnleyxFC
12-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Did they patch some glitches on this game because I only have 2 dots left for ambient freeplay in Paris Zone 3, when people have said they got the achievement with 3-4 dots still there:confused:

Aragorn
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Did they patch some glitches on this game because I only have 2 dots left for ambient freeplay in Paris Zone 3, when people have said they got the achievement with 3-4 dots still there:confused:

You should need 239 out of the 241 freeplay events in Paris Area 3.

When i played the game i still had two freeplay events left after i got the achievement.

Also, not all freeplay events are actually in the correct area's, check the borders of area's 2 & 3.

Banana Xtreme
12-28-2010, 08:22 PM
I can't reach two of them. They are in a monument in marais, paris zone 1. Is in the same spot as the only Dierker Statue in Paris Zone 1.

Aragorn
12-29-2010, 02:31 PM
I can't reach two of them. They are in a monument in marais, paris zone 1. Is in the same spot as the only Dierker Statue in Paris Zone 1.

I've just had a look at that area and i think that when i did it i used either the Siegfaust or Panzershrek to destroy the targets. (I'm presuming the targets are snipers nests)

Banana Xtreme
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks dude, I'll try it. Cheers.

xBurnleyxFC
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
You should need 239 out of the 241 freeplay events in Paris Area 3.

When i played the game i still had two freeplay events left after i got the achievement.

Also, not all freeplay events are actually in the correct area's, check the borders of area's 2 & 3.

Ah thanks for the advice :) I managed to finish off Area 3 as I was missing a few on the borders. Just hundreds more to go hahaa

mga74
02-20-2011, 01:40 PM
im trying for the view point on top of the opera house(i think thats what the building is?)any help would be great thanks.

kristina89sm
02-23-2011, 08:07 PM
i have a problem in normandie. i've cleared all free play targets, my hole map is done, but in this area my stats says that i have one more suply drop and nazi tower to destroy, although there's no white dots on the map. also i've seen that i have detroyed 7/5 nazi sniper nest. i realize that there is some glithc, but how can i fix it without playing all over again :(... please help me...
tnx!!

ozgoon56
02-24-2011, 03:08 AM
i have a problem in normandie. i've cleared all free play targets, my hole map is done, but in this area my stats says that i have one more suply drop and nazi tower to destroy, although there's no white dots on the map. also i've seen that i have detroyed 7/5 nazi sniper nest. i realize that there is some glithc, but how can i fix it without playing all over again :(... please help me...
tnx!!

You may not need to fix it. The free play requirement for each area allows you to miss several freeplay events and still get the achievement. Normandy is part of The Countryside area, which is made up of all areas outside paris except for Le Havre and Saarbrucken. Just keep clearing the rest of the countryside areas and see if the achievement pops. You might even find some missing Normandy events while you're searching as there are some events which seem to be outside of the area that they're counted in.

kristina89sm
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
i have nothing left to clear, i've done the whole map :) and i've killed dierker before i started with freeplay targets... i won every perk... is killing dierker the last thing i should do to finish the game? cos i already done it and i expected something to happen when i clear white dots... :) i guess, my game ended before i even started :)

ozgoon56
02-25-2011, 03:16 AM
i have nothing left to clear, i've done the whole map :) and i've killed dierker before i started with freeplay targets... i won every perk... is killing dierker the last thing i should do to finish the game? cos i already done it and i expected something to happen when i clear white dots... :) i guess, my game ended before i even started :)

Afaik nothing happens when you clear the last white dot as you should already have all the freeplay achievements by then. Have you checked your achievements to see if you have all 6? The ones you should have are for :
Saarbrucken
Le Havre
The Countryside
Paris 1
Paris 2
Paris 3

I'm not sure of the actual achievement names but you should be able to find them in the guide. If you are still missing any with no events left to clear then I guess the game must have glitched for you. :(

ModernViking
05-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey just a tip I discovered that people seem not to be mentioning.

Buildings with viewpoint events have a series of yellow lights that you can follow to get to your destination.

Many of the problems people have had I have easily performed these events by looking for the path displayed by these lights.

Good luck with those events and don't take any shit from those buildings.

cj993
09-13-2011, 03:41 AM
There is a dot on top of the building with the bird on a ball at the front of the building and I don't kno how to get it

mesoungodlyfast
09-13-2011, 07:31 AM
There is a dot on top of the building with the bird on a ball at the front of the building and I don't kno how to get it

It's not the one where you have to blow up the bird with the ball, is it?

Pesthesb
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
is the first one possibly a stunt jump? i have it as there are no dots in that area on my map but i dont remember it. im also having trouble with the one on top of the cross shaped building in la bourse

3 years later... Your post still helps... Cheers.

NateTheGreat
04-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Not to start a zombie apocalypse or anything, but I'm resurrecting a dead thread in the hopes someone knows how to solve this. >.<

There's a dot in southwest Picardie, near a sideways horse-shoe shaped road. When I go there, I can't see anything to blow up or pick up... What am I missing here? It's due north of Margaret's hangout. On the map it looks like a couple brown squiggles then a horseshoe. I blew up a canon and something else nearby, but I can't figure out what the 3rd dot is. Help?

I'm also having the exact same problem - I've blown up three things at this location but I still have a marker there, and there is literally nothing on that hill - not even a car jump (I've tried every angle, going up the hill and driving off of it - car just drives up or down the incline, doesn't fly).

http://i.imgur.com/XxY2CAQ.jpg

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do there? Thanks!