PDA

View Full Version : In game knife Glitch

tehGUN
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
You know the Collectors Edition knife code you had to have?
Well, i got it and i have not used a single code.

I dont know what made me have it all of a sudden but i have:
Completed the game
Completed all Perks

and then suddenly bang, i had it. When i stealth kill Y he stabs them in the back, making them falling to the ground much faster then the original kill.

Just wanted to let you know, and ask if anyone had anything similar?

JimL2112
12-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Man I read about that darned knife in another post, presumably a post written before the game release coz some one said in it, "Quit whining if you want the knife just go pre-order the game". Well I might have done just that IF the game developers and/or publisher had advertised better! As it is, I'm only renting this game ATM, and I sure feel left out. Call of Duty gives EVERYONE* a knife for stealthy kills (at least CoD4, W@W, & MW2 do). PLEEEEASE Pandemic developers, put that knife up as a DLC, I'll BUY it!!!!!

*that is, both everyone who plays it, and everyone you get to play IN the game, has a knife. Just click R-stick.

EDIT: I do seem to have an RDX Glitch: I was trying to do the mission for Santos where you destroy a convoy, placed 1 dynamite, and before I could finish placing the second one the whole area blew up (killing me) so I clicked "Return to HQ" thinking, "I need RDX unlocked before I try this again", and wah-lah! RDX is in my black market weapon dealer menu now, AND I have my gold Perk unlocked, even though there were only 4 Nazi vehicles in that convoy (3 trucks & 1 car).
NOTE: I thought we had to blow up 5 Nazi vehicles in 300 seconds with 5 individual dynamite bombs. I blew up 1 vehicle with 1 dynamite and 3 (or 4?) others with fuel containers.

SUPRISE! (2nd edit): Apparently when all those fuel containers went off I got credit for killing 10 Nazis with dynamite within 10 seconds, unlocking another gold Perk, Explosives III. yippee!

Junafani
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
You know the Collectors Edition knife code you had to have?
Well, i got it and i have not used a single code.

I dont know what made me have it all of a sudden but i have:
Completed the game
Completed all Perks

and then suddenly bang, i had it. When i stealth kill Y he stabs them in the back, making them falling to the ground much faster then the original kill.

Just wanted to let you know, and ask if anyone had anything similar?

When you unlock gold perk of brawling you get that backstabbing attack.

ThatRuddyGuy
12-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Yea, the gold brawling perk is "Touch of Death" which allows you to stab them swiftly in the side, even with guards watching you, it's pretty nice. I think the pre-order knife has a very different animation.

ponypo2001
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Yea, the gold brawling perk is "Touch of Death" which allows you to stab them swiftly in the side, even with guards watching you, it's pretty nice. I think the pre-order knife has a very different animation.
Yep,that's not the same as the knife attack at all.He is actually doing a nerve pinch attack,not stabbing them.The pre order knife is a stab,throat cut and then 2 more stabs and is done by holding Y from behind.

Abe_sapien
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Yep,that's not the same as the knife attack at all.He is actually doing a nerve pinch attack,not stabbing them.The pre order knife is a stab,throat cut and then 2 more stabs and is done by holding Y from behind.

ah HOLDING Y that makes sense... I seem to have been doing the albow smash when hitting Y (or the neck snap with X) never thought to hold the button down instead of just tapping it. Right if I get a chance tonight I'm gonna double check that (as your description makes it pretty clear the animation is very unique)

DENAz666
12-14-2009, 02:23 AM

Bingo, 100% correct :)

That knife sounds so cool, is there anyway to get it other then DLC?

bojac6
12-14-2009, 06:03 AM
The knife is just a different stealth animation. It's not any faster or really anymore useful. I rarely use it because I got touch of death. It's pretty much a throw away pre-order bonus, something that sounds cool but really doesn't do anything.

tehGUN
12-14-2009, 11:26 AM
But still! ITS A KNIFE, im not knifeless!