PDA

View Full Version : Question about the DLC

Blyckert
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I've got a quick question for you guys. My Xbox is banned from XBL, so I can't download the Midnight Show, but I want to get it. Could I sign in to my account on a different Xbox (we've got a second one in the family), purchase the DLC and download it onto a flash drive, or even put my hard drive into that console and download the content onto my HDD, and then play the game on my (the banned) Xbox? The game looks quite fun, but lets face it, nudity would make it a lot better. Thankful for any answers you've got.

mmartynn
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
best way, imo, is to have another account download it on your 2nd xbox to an MU, then plug the MU into your banned 360, move it to you HDD and it should work.
if not, teaches you not to get your xbox banned

Amazon XD
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I will not supply work arounds to pirates/hackers/gamesavers/abusers of xbox live, or whatever else you did to get banned.

Good luck.

ValkyrieOne15
12-14-2009, 07:33 AM
hmm maybe you should have thought about things of this nature before you went of and got all banned and shit :chair

The1st Lonewolf
12-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe he bought it used. I work a second job part-time at a game store, and when we take in trades we just see if they work. We have no way of seeing if they were banned. So I bought one of these trade ins, took it home and it was banned. Now I have an oversized/overpriced paperweight.
Besides I thought I was on a xbox achievement site not the Moral Majority website.

:uzi:ALL Self-Righteous Peolpe

Nlkuysdf
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Or someone else in his family did something to get it banned.

station rpg
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I have only been on xbox (live) for alittle under a year...how do you get the boot?
Are you mean to people,or what..i dont understand.
I thought talking shit to people was part of the fun,as long as they talk it right back.:p....DERP!

DarthSoth
12-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I've got a quick question for you guys. My Xbox is banned from XBL, so I can't download the Midnight Show, but I want to get it. Could I sign in to my account on a different Xbox (we've got a second one in the family), purchase the DLC and download it onto a flash drive, or even put my hard drive into that console and download the content onto my HDD, and then play the game on my (the banned) Xbox? The game looks quite fun, but lets face it, nudity would make it a lot better. Thankful for any answers you've got.

The ban is associated with your gamertag. If you go onto another 360 you will still be banned from xbox live so you are pretty much screwed.

Stoic Person Eater
12-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, sounds like you're screwed unless you start another account.

Snipper CTP
12-15-2009, 02:06 AM
The ban is associated with your gamertag. If you go onto another 360 you will still be banned from xbox live so you are pretty much screwed.

This is incorrect. It is the box itself that is banned from LIVE, not the tag. Only in rare cases does M$ ban tags. Get yourself a new Xbox and you can still use the same tag.

Jak97
12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
This is incorrect. It is the box itself that is banned from LIVE, not the tag. Only in rare cases does M$ ban tags. Get yourself a new Xbox and you can still use the same tag.

How do they ban the console itself? wouldn't they have to upload something to their console?

Junafani
12-15-2009, 04:15 PM
How do they ban the console itself? wouldn't they have to upload something to their console?

They have console serial number stored in console? And when they ban it they just tell to servers that if console number 248248924 tries to accees them server just sends "You are banned"-message back.

Remember that you can only use stuff you brought from live offline in console you brought it...

DarthSoth
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
It may be linked to the console as well but a ban is definitely associated with the gamertag the infraction was commited with. You won't be able to take your gametag over to another console and continue on as if nothing has happened. You can migrate your gamertag and Live account to another console if you say buy another one but if your account is banned then you won't be able to access Live with that tag.

I don't know if you could create a new account and try to get a new subscription to Live on the console the ban was associated with or not. I'm thinking that it would be linked to both the machine and the Gamertag though.

Snipper CTP
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
It may be linked to the console as well but a ban is definitely associated with the gamertag the infraction was commited with. You won't be able to take your gametag over to another console and continue on as if nothing has happened. You can migrate your gamertag and Live account to another console if you say buy another one but if your account is banned then you won't be able to access Live with that tag.

I don't know if you could create a new account and try to get a new subscription to Live on the console the ban was associated with or not. I'm thinking that it would be linked to both the machine and the Gamertag though.

While it is true that if your Live account is banned you have to get another, if your console was banned you can purchase an new Xbox, then recover your gamertag from Live and continue as before. The console and HDD are what is banned, not the tag, except in very rare cases. If your console was banned for modding in the recent banwave, your tag remains able to be recovered on a different Xbox and you can continue to earn achievements.