PDA

View Full Version : D-Day (Defending the pointe)

HSK Imapimp
03-02-2006, 11:46 AM
im at the part right after you man the machine gun to take out the rest of the troops in the orchid field and u go downstairsthe guy bursts thru the door ok after u kill him where do u go there are so many troops coming from everywhere i have no idea what to do some of these missions on vetern are impossiable!!!!!

doadea
03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
im at the part right after you man the machine gun to take out the rest of the troops in the orchid field and u go downstairsthe guy bursts thru the door ok after u kill him where do u go there are so many troops coming from everywhere i have no idea what to do some of these missions on vetern are impossiable!!!!!

Are you at the part where you have to clear out bldgs a-f?

Webb
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Right you have to head left after he kicks the door down. On that level you go the reverse way to the D-Day landing. You actually retreat on to the cliffs edge where you originally came up. Then you have to hold them off for 5 minutes, which can be quite tough.

DaveWilma07
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Right you have to head left after he kicks the door down. On that level you go the reverse way to the D-Day landing. You actually retreat on to the cliffs edge where you originally came up. Then you have to hold them off for 5 minutes, which can be quite tough.

Indeed it is tough! dont forget to light the signal flare at the end....!! (whilst staying prone)! What would we do without smokes eh.

doadea
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
What I did for this level is when you have to hold them off I went straight for the top of the bunker, laid down with my gun pointing to the entrance to the top of the bunker, and I would take out any germans that would try to come up. When it came time to lay down the green flare I was already there so i just stood up to do it. Level done. ;D

HSK Imapimp
03-02-2006, 01:48 PM
ok but how to i get to the begining of the lvl there are so many germans blocking my way

doadea
03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
ok but how to i get to the begining of the lvl there are so many germans blocking my way

Have you have already disabled the 4 guns?

HSK Imapimp
03-02-2006, 02:14 PM
yea im on the part after that when ur defending it and ur going back to the very begging i cant find a way out of the town ive tried everything i just keep dying

doadea
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
yea im on the part after that when ur defending it and ur going back to the very begging i cant find a way out of the town ive tried everything i just keep dying

Hmm...I followed the exact path I took to get in there....I remember it was easier leaving than going in the first time. I would suggest you stick with your men and advance slowly using them to help you pick off the germans.

HSK Imapimp
03-02-2006, 03:20 PM
ok i just got past this part of the mission god this dday mission on vetern is annoying now im stuck at the silo when u have to clear out all the buildings ok i start out with A but i clear the downstairs no plm at all the upstairs on the other hand is imposssiable how do u clear the topive thrown 40 gernades as not to kill myself but somehow they still manage to come out in a group of 2-3 and i cant kill them fast enough and have to redo it from the point before i i go in to the building and its just getting teadious and im getting reallly sick of doing this 1 part of the lvl over and over so some one plz help ???

doadea
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
ok i just got past this part of the mission god this dday mission on vetern is annoying now im stuck at the silo when u have to clear out all the buildings ok i start out with A but i clear the downstairs no plm at all the upstairs on the other hand is imposssiable how do u clear the topive thrown 40 gernades as not to kill myself but somehow they still manage to come out in a group of 2-3 and i cant kill them fast enough and have to redo it from the point before i i go in to the building and its just getting teadious and im getting reallly sick of doing this 1 part of the lvl over and over so some one plz help ???

OK alot of people think this is the hardest mission in the game and I would have to agree....I cleared the buildings in order a-f but it took me HOURS.....other people have done them out of order, but I would suggest looking at the silo mission thread for help.

Webb
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Defo the hardest mission on the game, easily, building F is the toughest, when you get to it and clear downstairs, be careful of upstairs. I'd stand on the stairs and throw some grenades through both the doors, that way it scares them out, then mow them down. Watch out for the one hiding in the back.

Oh yeah, doadea, thats how I did Defending Pointe Du Hoc, easy that way ;D

PunkPaul
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah - that part seems on the face of it to be impossible!

Wait on the stairs until the door gets kicked in and then nail the German before he cuts down your comrade.

Then - and this is the leap-of-faith-part - run out and go left, shooting the group of Germans on the right of the building, then, go left either around or through the building and then out back onto the field - DO NOT STOP RUNNING IF YOU CAN!!!

That's how I done it anyways....if you stay in the house to try and stop the Germans, you'll never win, they keep respawning and also more them eventually turn up through the house you're in!

Run, run, run!!!!

I'm now stuck on the Silo and get hit when trying to clear out "A" - I get right to the top of stairs and get caught out every time! Ah well, only another 10 minutes to go through to get back to the same point again!!!

Hope this helps you...

NitrousPeak
06-05-2006, 11:28 AM
You should see some haystacks. If you throw smoke for cover, you and your allies will go there with you to the haystacks. (Trust me, all of a sudden you feel safe.)