PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty

Poida
12-14-2009, 04:16 AM
Did anyone play straight on Veteran or start on Recruit at first?
I tried earlier playing on Veteran straight after Recruit, not a good idea for me lol
I have to play my way upto Veteran.

xRogue 5x
12-14-2009, 04:37 AM
I played it on vet straight outta the gate. I was shocked and relieved at how easy it was especially compared to the other ones.

The enemies didn't spam grenades, infinitely respawn and your team mate ai's could actually kill something.

GonzoPoopsmith
12-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Did anyone play straight on Veteran or start on Recruit at first?
I tried earlier playing on Veteran straight after Recruit, not a good idea for me lol
I have to play my way upto Veteran. This one's not too bad on Veteran, at least compared to 2 & 3. As long as you learn where the enemies are coming from, you shouldn't have much of a problem. They DO infinitely respawn, though, so be sure to utilize your flashbangs.

The Viper
12-14-2009, 05:30 AM
I usually beat a few on hardened then once I get the feel I go to veteran:)

Massa Siggy
12-14-2009, 05:34 AM
I did fine on Vet until "Safehouse". My vet run ended there, and I nit-picked my way through the beatable Vet missions for me. Safehouse, All Ghillied Up/The Shot, and the ending missions are out of my range. Haha.

Poida
12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I did fine on Vet until "Safehouse". My vet run ended there, and I nit-picked my way through the beatable Vet missions for me. Safehouse, All Ghillied Up/The Shot, and the ending missions are out of my range. Haha. Lol thats not a bad idea for me to use.
Do the missions I can on veteran, I did show by finishing the first couple that I can do the missions, just not all of them.

Gor1lla
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Started MW2 on Hardened for the Achievement and decided to do Vet, because it wasnt that hard. Then i played CoD 2/4 straight on Veteran

Poida
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I was gonna do Hardened for the achievements but realised I need to be on veteran for quite a lot of them.

N-Forced
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I played it on vet straight outta the gate. I was shocked and relieved at how easy it was especially compared to the other ones.

The enemies didn't spam grenades, infinitely respawn and your team mate ai's could actually kill something. You sure you're talking about mw1 and not mw2? In this game the enemies do actually spam grenades, infinitely respawn, and your ai team mates can't hit shit. It's the exact opposite in mw2 so I think you might of gotten the two confused.

Snoop QC
01-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Did the solo only once in Veteran, otherwise it doesn't give me enough challenge and this goes for any COD I've played so far!

Munkapotatoes
01-09-2010, 03:18 AM
You sure you're talking about mw1 and not mw2? In this game the enemies do actually spam grenades, infinitely respawn, and your ai team mates can't hit shit. It's the exact opposite in mw2 so I think you might of gotten the two confused.

agreed. You have to press forward to end the respawning. took me a while to realize that a house can't contain 40 badguys on the second floor, when the only entry is already covered by you. They've even killed me a couple times by "returning" an enemy grenade, but not far enough. They've also walked into my line of fire dozens of times and ended the mission due to friendly fire (mostly on war room, argh, so happy i tagged the 7.30 , 5.30 and 3.30 checkpoints).

And the AI teammates are shite. Those bastards could shoot at someone for 5 seconds straight (m249 or similar) at 10 feet, and not kill the enemy, but they may still act as though they had and turn around to "cover" the other side of the corner with the enemy still alive.

I also can't tell you how many times i found myself pinned, then once i start to make my way out, i find 3-5 grenades flying around and landing all around me, leaving me no escape, even if i throw some, or run full tilt away.

Now that i've just beaten MW1 and will have 1000/1000 by the end of the night (missed a few intels) i'm definitely looking forward to MW2, which i might start tonight or tomorrow, espcially since the teammates arent worthless lumps.

Edit: oh yeah, I also just jumped in on Vet since i like FPS games, and that was what the game reccomended when i got the training run done in 17 seconds.

Mikey1610
01-11-2010, 10:41 AM
How does this game compare to MW2?

I got the full 1000 from that game without too much difficulty on a different profile. Is this one much harder?

Dany1981Mtl
01-15-2010, 06:52 AM
I just finished all missions (except High Mile Club) on Veteran, some of them were really pain in the ass (The Bog, War Pig, Safehouse, Heat, One Shot One Kill, No Fight in War Room). I started at Recruit difficulty so I can get all other achivements easily. Then I decided to redo all of them at Veteran, toke some times but I am done with it :drunk

KNIGHTOFSERA
01-15-2010, 07:07 AM
I started and completed on recruit, then many months later I did half of veteran, and the one where you climb up the hill then back down to get extracted made me mad(finished on hardened)...so then 6 months to a year later I finally beat it on veteran....mw2 is sooo much easier, 1000 in a week

Lebotus
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I started on recruit aswell, and after completing it I continued on veteran. Took some time though as I was serving in the army at the time. Started veteran on 1.11.2009 and was done with it on 11.1.2010. I have to admit, it was quite a culture shock to switch from recruit to veteran :)