PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction new details (4 co-op confirmed)

SLAIFER
12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
As the release date of Splinter Cell: Conviction is getting closer, we are going to see Ubisoft reveal more info on their upcoming stealth game. Anyway, here’s new details on co-op and multiplayer for Splinter Cell: Conviction straight from OXM (Jan issue):

• Archer and Kestrel are the new co-op characters.

• Takes place about 2 months before Conviction.

• Roughly 6 hours.

• Cover system similar to Gears of War.

• If you’re wounded, you can either play dead or use your pistol until your partner heals you or you bleed out.

• Deniable Ops (4 co-op): Series of standalone challenges set within the same four stages from the co-op story mode, plus two additional maps:

• Hunter: Where players have to kill off all enemy NPCs on the map.

• Infiltration: Same concept as Hunter mode, but detection by enemies automatically results in failure.

• Last Stand: Protect an EMP warhead from waves of attacking foes.

• Face Off: The sole adversarial mode, with players going head-to-head with a costumizable number of A.I. Opponents populating the map.

• You earn points through out the SP and MP.

• Change your look online and the look of Sam Fisher.

• Upgrade Weapons / Gadgets / Appearance.

• 6 Maps (four for the story co-op and two only for Deniable Ops).

Takamura Bear
12-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Sounds good to me. Can't wait for this game any longer. :mad:

Deathr0t
12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Talk about a way for Ubi to redeem themselves, sure they bump the release date due to all the smashing titles in November, you cant knock them for that its a business. Im glad to see they added elements to the game, very very excited for Co-op, especially on 360, how can you not have a coop addition? Hey even if its shorter than 6 hours and sucks, its still something

blee717
12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Talk about a way for Ubi to redeem themselves, sure they bump the release date due to all the smashing titles in November, you cant knock them for that its a business. Im glad to see they added elements to the game, very very excited for Co-op, especially on 360, how can you not have a coop addition? Hey even if its shorter than 6 hours and sucks, its still something

6 hours huh? Well it'll be longer compared to MW2's 4 hours. Man this wait is agonizing. As a Splinter Cell fan, I am confident this will kick ass like it has in the past. Hey that rhymes.

Hudson888
12-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Sounds like it will be pretty cool, i just watched the video for the coop play, and it looked like there was an achievement indicator in there, like in gears when it updates how close you are to an achievement, which is cool.

Kaiyo
12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh yes loving this even more.

DaCameraMan
12-20-2009, 02:45 PM
This game is going to be awsome. Yes, they did redeem themselves. Co-op was my main concern if they were going to add it like in Pandora Tomorrow. Huge fan of Splinter Cell and definitely looking foward to this one. Check out the co op trailers on gametrailers.com

Cav Clayton
12-23-2009, 11:51 AM
That 11min co-op gameplay was insane. Looks extremely fun.

Almsivi
01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
The Co-op in Conviction better be more awesome than the co-op in Chaos Theory! ... Which, by the looks of it, seems most likely :P :D

Barad
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Coop 4? this will be awesome!!