PDA

View Full Version : Official Dexter Thread *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2 3

SynysterChris
12-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Well I used search and a lot of these came up. So I decide to make an Offical one so we can keep it all in one spot, Hope thats cool with everyone.

Ok So Season 4 ended on Sunday, and I must say it was awesome, they truly know how to leave you with a cliff hanger of the season.

I don't want to say too much more about it in case some people havn't seen it yet. Thoughts anyone?

ADP VDP 101
12-15-2009, 10:00 AM
I just picked up this show a month ago.
I have to say i had some trouble getting into it but after the 3rd episode of season one i was an addict.
Now i'am in episode 4 of season 3, watching a minimum of 1 episode a day, and i have to say this is one of the best shows ever.

I don't think i will be following this thread cause i don't wanna see any spoilers....

The Destroyernatorer
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
The end of season 4 blew my mind. I love this show, it's so dark and intelligent (something you don't see often on TV, nevermind US TV :D)

Ligerblaze
12-16-2009, 12:00 AM
My favorite show of all time. The ending to this season was a complete shock. If you rewind to about 5-10 minutes before the ending and listen to what Trinity was saying to Dexter it has a completely different meaning than the jibberish i thought it was...

Cant beleive we have to wait a year to find out what the hells going to happen! Im hoping the ending was a dream... Ugh.

Whats your favorite season?

MelangeAddict
12-16-2009, 12:27 AM
The season's ended. I guess now would be a good time to start watching all the episodes I downl...er, recorded.

The Destroyernatorer
12-16-2009, 12:35 AM
The season's ended. I guess now would be a good time to start watching all the episodes I downl...er, recorded.

I do the same mate. 'Record' them, that is ;)

HarperBird
12-16-2009, 03:12 AM
mate just finished watchin the season 4 finale and wow!! i cant really describe it but what a fucking ending!!!!! i have watched a lot of american tv series in my time and this is one of the best finales in most recent times!! (but still doesnt come close to the series finale of the Wire)

now i hav to wait another year until season 5 :(

megamoviejohn
12-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Amazing, amazing, amazing season finale! I couldn't believe it but it sucks we have to wait so long till next season.

KSizzle
12-16-2009, 08:52 AM
This was arguably the best cliffhanger finale that I have ever seen. Absolutely blew my mind! I cannot wait to see where the writers go from here! Excellent show. One of my favorites on television.

Also, I think John Lithgow (spelling?), deserves an award for his performance as the creepy, emotionless Trinity killer.

pinksheets
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
This season was a big step down, to me at least. Lithgow's performance was amazing, but the writing has really fallen off. This show has never been of the same caliber as say the Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but I thought they were trying to be somewhere closer to that level of television. Instead it seems like they are becoming more satisfied with mundane twists and iffy plot devices. This show is really closer to things like 24 or Lost in terms of quality at this point. I will keep watching, but I won't expect to be intellectually stimulated or to be faced with anything of real substance, but instead to be simply mildly entertained.

The Destroyernatorer
12-17-2009, 10:11 PM
This season was a big step down, to me at least. Lithgow's performance was amazing, but the writing has really fallen off. This show has never been of the same caliber as say the Sopranos or Six Feet Under, but I thought they were trying to be somewhere closer to that level of television. Instead it seems like they are becoming more satisfied with mundane twists and iffy plot devices. This show is really closer to things like 24 or Lost in terms of quality at this point. I will keep watching, but I won't expect to be intellectually stimulated or to be faced with anything of real substance, but instead to be simply mildly entertained.

I thought this season was a massive step-up. I do agree about Lithgow though. He nailed every single aspect of this character and brought him to life. Outstanding acting.

SynysterChris
12-23-2009, 11:57 AM
I Think think every season just gets better and better. Though the only season I didn't care much for was the second with the whole Lila thing. It kinda seemed outa character for Dex. But I can't wait for next season. I'm watching Californiacation right now to hold me over, but the way I watch stuff it will not last long. I finished season 1 in one night.

GeezusDylan160
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I think the person who really deserves an award this season is Jen Carpenter(Debra Morgan). She really came into her own this season and I found every scene she was in was truly captivating, her breakdown mid season when she was in the parking lot with Dexter is when I really started to notice how good the season was for her. Great ending to a very meh season....it's unfortunate that Dexter will never again reach the standard it set in season one, it appears they set the bar to high and since then they've held up mildly disappointing seasons with (sometimes) great endings.

MelangeAddict
12-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Up to episode 5 or 6 now. Holy shit is this season good. Malkovich gives me the creeps and I was as shocked as Dexter to see he has a family. Debra breaking down like that really made me feel for her, she's gotten a lot of shit over the years.

Exhausted Dad
12-24-2009, 03:27 AM
The wife and I are lovin some Dexter we just discovered it on Netflix not long ago so we are only the 2nd disc of season 3. So I can't comment or visit this thread again so I don't have to worry about finding out too much LOL. Just wanted to stop by and give Dexter and Netflix a shout out. Awesome show.

MelangeAddict
12-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Up to episode 5 or 6 now. Holy shit is this season good. Malkovich gives me the creeps and I was as shocked as Dexter to see he has a family. Debra breaking down like that really made me feel for her, she's gotten a lot of shit over the years.

Whoops, I meant Lithgow.

SynysterChris
12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
The bar was set really high but I think that they seem to keep up that bar. I think the writers and actors do a wonderful job in this show the acting is top-notch. They deserve more awards. I hope they eventually come out with a movie I would love to see a full length movie with Dex.

TheChupacabra10
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Personally I found season 4 very drawn out compared to some of the other ones, just wasnt as much going on in comparison to the ice truck killer season. The last episodes def pulled it together though which was a nice touch. It kind of makes me wonder if this will stop with him getting out of the game or if this will flip the switch and make him become the dark passenger full time

ZackNovak
01-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I will definitely be on this thread once I catch up with all the episodes.

Teh BeZ
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
man I was so shocked by the ending .. im currently reading through the books as well as my friend has my season 1 so i cannot start it again until he gives me it back god dammit haha

Juzt Skillz
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Season 4's ending was one of the best. Just when you though everything was fine and then it hits you.

HacksawDoomx187
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I can't wait for this to come out on DVD. I no longer have showtime so after the first season I've had to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! I have no patience. I'm probably going to end up rewatching the previous three because four probably won't be on DVD for a while and I don't want to wait another couple months to watch more of the show.

On another note, glad to see a Nietzsche quotation in your sig MelangeAddict. Hats off to you man.;)

Teh BeZ
01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I can't wait for this to come out on DVD. I no longer have showtime so after the first season I've had to wait for it to come out on DVD to watch it. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! I have no patience. I'm probably going to end up rewatching the previous three because four probably won't be on DVD for a while and I don't want to wait another couple months to watch more of the show.

On another note, glad to see a Nietzsche quotation in your sig MelangeAddict. Hats off to you man.;)

How do you think we feel, over in UK we only got first 2 season on dvds so were now waiting for 3 and 4 :P

master_shake_350
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I <3 Dexter, I defiantly agree with Empire magazine that it is the 30th best TV series to date.

I have only seen season's 1-2 and I have heard a rumor that they are trying to ban it out here for some reason.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I have been thinking of watching Dexter for a while now but every time I finish a series I tend to go with another series rather then Dexter.

I watch: 24, Lost, Supernatural, Smallville, Chuck, Heroes to name a few of those with action but I'm wondering how Dexter compares to these series? I'm hoping to run through Entourage before pretty much 20 series restart in January that I watch and so I'm not sure whether it worth also trying out Dexter but just looking for a few comparisons and opinions.

BarbaricGoose
01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I have been thinking of watching Dexter for a while now but every time I finish a series I tend to go with another series rather then Dexter.

Dexter is an amazing series. Very interesting characters, you won't see any of twists coming, well, maybe a few, but nothing is cliche, and everything has shades of gray. It's hilarious at times, sad at others, and almost all of time you'll be at the edge of your seat.

It's one of the few series that does everything right. Oh, and it's not an ABC. Which is a plus. :)

MelangeAddict
01-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Still a few episodes from the end but holy shit.
Lithgow is great as Trinity and even scarier losing his mask of normalcy.
Elliot might want to move away.
Kind of a shock about the reporter.

MelangeAddict
01-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Holy shit, what an ending. I'm actually bummed out. Fuck man, why did that have to happen and how is going to affect Dexter's kids and his Dark Passenger?

SynysterChris
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM

I watch: 24, Lost, Supernatural, Smallville, Chuck, Heroes to name a few of those with action but I'm wondering how Dexter compares to these series? I'm hoping to run through Entourage before pretty much 20 series restart in January that I watch and so I'm not sure whether it worth also trying out Dexter but just looking for a few comparisons and opinions.

Ok I watch or watched most of those shows and Dexter is by far the best. Where most shows like Heroes start to go down hill Dexter stays solid. Though Chuck only has two seasons and now going on a third after it got canceled I'm very excited to see what they have planned next for Chuck. Sorry for that plug, I just like Chuck. But Dexter is awsome watch it, you won't regret it.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok I watch or watched most of those shows and Dexter is by far the best. Where most shows like Heroes start to go down hill Dexter stays solid. Though Chuck only has two seasons and now going on a third after it got canceled I'm very excited to see what they have planned next for Chuck. Sorry for that plug, I just like Chuck. But Dexter is awsome watch it, you won't regret it.

See I have heard alot of mixed opinions about Dexter and thats why I was asking but I think I will have to check it out soon.

As for Chuck, after the ending of season 2 I can only see season 3 being pretty awesome although there wont be much more 'stay in the car Chuck' and so alot will change but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

I will start watching Dexter soon anyway, hopefully also get up to date with it before every season restarts in around a week.

HacksawDoomx187
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
How do you think we feel, over in UK we only got first 2 season on dvds so were now waiting for 3 and 4 :P
Really? Wow, bummer man. That stinks. I really wish companies would release things worldwide instead of making other regions wait for extended periods of time when its been released elsewhere. Never really makes sense to me.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-21-2010, 04:13 AM

Right well after posting this and reading replies I got around to watching Entourage 1-6 then Dexter 1-4 over the past week and after 2 eps of getting used to it I loved it!

Will warn you now I'm going to ramble on for a while lol!

Spoilers here for all seasons

I thought season 1 was great in the end and the Ice truck killer story expanded throughout which kept the season alive and interesting. A very good get to know the background season for sure and finding out about Dexter's real personality and lack of any human feelings lol.

I also didnt care much for the Lila role in season 2 but I thought season 2 was pretty amazing in the times where you honestly didnt know what could happen to let Dex get away with it. Sgt. Doakes was awesome throughout although a pain in the ass of course lol and the whole 'Bay harbour butcher' story could be intense at times keeping you thinking how can he get away with this, which was something that wasnt felt as much in the first season I didnt think.

I saw season 3 as a bit of a 2 part series with the Miguel and Skinner stories. I felt Miguels end was inevitable from quite a way into the season although the writers were clearly trying to make out that Dexter was going to change him etc. Then for me when the skinner came into it a bit more I thought it was clear he would be framed for the killing of Miguel etc like Doakes was framed for Dex's killing in Season 2.

Season 4 was awesome although with 2-3 episodes left I felt it was just going to be the same old ending where Dex frames or portrays a suicide to get away with it so it was good to see him end the season with with the body parts ocean drop lol. Trinity was an awesome serial killer and his story allowed alot of roles to be brought into play that were played well. The cycle was also very good and other then the hammer kill on the male the kills were very wierd and wrong shall we say which clearly had background and reason.

Season 4 Ending thoughts

The ending to Season 4 is by far the most speachless ending any TV show I have seen has produced and I have seen far too many to name them all thats for sure.

I was watching the end of the episode and wondering why it was showing Dexter returning to his house. Thinking when he sat down etc that there could be a new serial killer in the house etc or someone that knows about him that builds the next season. Then I thought maybe as the message said Rita was home she's gonna suprise him or maybe the serial killer will have her hostage and Dexter will kill them and kinda reveal the real him to Rita.

Anyway got me thinking about when she came back to the house, if she took a cab, wierd how she would come into the house for ID and bring in Harrison and I guess also tell the cab driver that she would call another rather then have them wait outside. Then also thinking that Trinity probably wouldnt have expected her to come back like he had with the first bathtub victim when he was naked and ready lol, so a few things I thought about.

Didnt like how after 30 years of doing the cycle of killing he would change it to kill a wife with 3 kids when it was usually 2 to probably get back at Dexter but then again maybe as the kidnapped child got away alive he didnt care about the cycle :confused:

Season 4 left alot to think about anyway. How will the next season start, will we see what Trinity actually did, what will happen with the kids as Dexter cant surely handle the job, the dark passenger and 3 kids. Feelings or not this will surely fuck him up even m ore lol.

Anyway alot of people seem to think the ending is a cliffhanger for a reason, such as a dream or something but there hasnt been something like that before so I doubt it.

Sure this thread will some more discussion now anyway.

Roll on September 26th :mad::p

SirPsychoRiles
03-13-2010, 03:34 AM
I just finished watching the first four seasons, what an amazing show. I have never been so emotionally involved in a series. The episode when trinity and his family are with Dexter sent chills down my spine!

PerpetualHeaven
03-13-2010, 03:55 AM
You don't have to wait for it. Go to this website:

http://www.watch-90210-online-free.com/Watch-TV-Shows-Online.html

Hit CTRL+F and type in Dexter. I watched every season in a single month. It's probably my favourite show of all time.

Also, Daredevil

I think Rita is actually dead. Arthur was leaving and he took all o his money. Everything changed for him and he needed to get redemption somehow on Dexter. At first, I thought it was a dream, but I can see her actually being dead. It makes perfect sense. His "dark passenger" has to somehow bring to surface his worst fear, which is the destruction of his family. Now, like him, his son is born from blood.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I think either way theres alot of room and sense to be built upon from either dream or reality whatever the writer's choose to move on from.

I just can't wait for the new season but like with Entourage, the wait is far too long :(

ILikeWhiteMen
03-19-2010, 06:46 AM
I can't wait for the new season either. I hope Rita stays on in some form, a ghost like Harry maybe?

Code of Conduct
03-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Rita won't be coming back like Harry did. Almost positive she won't be. She doesn't know about Dexter's ways and it wouldn't serve any point to have her come back.

Anyone else think that Cody is alot like Dexter?

1. He lives with a different father

2. Some scenes that can be interpreted that he is like Dexter. Can't remember some of them but if you go back and look you can definitley see some of these.

Purge
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Rita won't be coming back like Harry did. Almost positive she won't be. She doesn't know about Dexter's ways and it wouldn't serve any point to have her come back.

2. Some scenes that can be interpreted that he is like Dexter. Can't remember some of them but if you go back and look you can definitley see some of these.

In the second book he goes fishing with Cody and little Cody enjoys killing the fish, among other things. They both had traumatic childhoods etc. Dexter is Cody's Harry.

PerpetualHeaven
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Kind of, sort of. Harrison will be more of Dexter's protege than Cody, I think, because Cody wasn't born of blood. It makes no sense to make Cody like Dexter. Cody's most traumatic experience was his mom being abused, but Dexter witnessed his mother being chopped to pieces by a chainsaw. I'd be quite surprised if Cody became like Dexter because that simply downplays the whole "blood" theme that's so dominant in the show. Also, Cody isn't a psychopath and is capable of feeling emotions unlike Dexter. Dexter can, sometimes, feel emotions it seems like it, but he still refers to people as humans and things of that nature.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM

I think it would be better if Rita didn't come back like Harry has to Dexter but I think that if she is actually dead then she will as she will be the good in Dexter's life telling him to do right where as Harry serves as his dark passenger influencing his work.

As said I think Cody's story just played out whilst their story went along and if he and his sister (Forgotten her name) continue to feature in Dexter they will only serve as a problem to his work but also a reason for him to be more human.

Thegreatest7884
03-25-2010, 12:39 AM
In the second book he goes fishing with Cody and little Cody enjoys killing the fish, among other things. They both had traumatic childhoods etc. Dexter is Cody's Harry.
In the third book, Dexter teaches Astor and Cody the code and brings them to a kill. I kinda wish they had that in the show. The reasoning was that Paul was so violent that he drew out their dark passenger, and they killed the neighbor's dog, stabbed fish, etc. But I don't think they would carry that over into the show. My guess is that season 5 will jump ahead kind of like season 4(3 ended with Rita pregnant and them discussing homes, and then 4 suddenly had Harrison born and them already fitted into their new home). Dexter will find out that Harrison has a passenger, and teach him the code. This would be smart because it would allow the producers some breathing room, since they can continue the show with Harrison if the Dexter story gets a little overused. Just a guess.

VladimirK
03-30-2010, 11:51 PM
I just got into this a couple of weeks ago.

Like someone above, I wasn't sure at first, but after a few episodes I was addicted to it, managed to watch all 4 series, now I wanna read the books, great, great show :D:D

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Quite alot of different books on play.com, so wondering which ones those of you have read you would reccomend?

Seen seasons 1-4 etc but any books worth reading that follow on I would be interested in getting if they are a good read.

SynysterChris
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I think Dexter starts again in September like the 25th.

The Zeppo 89
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
This is most def one of my fav shows. I can't wait for season 5.

One thing that irks me though is that none of the seasons are currently available on blu-ray in the UK and there's no word on when they will be either.

c4rl0s
04-20-2010, 02:48 AM
One of my favourite shows. I've recommended this show to almost everyone I know, and most of them like it as well. I'm eagerly awaiting season 5 to see the aftermath of the season 4 finale.

Dark Reality
04-22-2010, 02:51 AM
I love the show, and had the ending of season 4 spoiled for me via the official Dexter page on Facebook. Not how, but the very basic what. Still, it's been blocked, and I enjoyed the hell out of the season. Up until the end, I kept thinking, it's gotta be wrong, no way he had time, etc. So I believe I got most of the impact.

As for the kids, Cody seems quiet but square, but Astor seems like she could grow into a heartless killer. That girl is just cold, like Dexter, in many ways. Like looks, they both look *almost* normal but there's something else. She's too cold for a girl her age, and he's too quiet. They're both socially backwards. Still not sure how they'll be handled. They're Dexter's legally, though, not sure about specific FL laws, but since their biological parents have both passed on, and Dexter married their mother, unless their grandparents or an aunt/uncle adopt them, they're his. If the writers take them out like that, I'll be hugely disappointed, as having a family, that third side of Dexter (after blood-spatter analyst and serial killer) really helped define the show.

I believe season 4 is the best yet. The first was pretty good, but seasons 2 and 3, while great, fall short of 1 and 4 for various reasons (IMO).

Iv AJay vI
04-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't think I've ever loved a show more then I do Dexter. This thread is win.

Season 4 was the best, next to the first.

SSJ3
04-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Season 1-2 and 4 are simply amazing. I'm counting down the days until Season 5 starts. I was disappointed by Season 3 though, I thought they were trying to copy what they did in Season 2.

TR3NT REZNOR
04-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I love this show not too into season 4

Anthoz
04-27-2010, 06:06 AM
I recently watched seasons 1 through 4 all in one go. I loved it, although I can't say I wasn't expecting Rita's death. I didn't mind anyway, only thing I liked about her character is how she changed Dexter.

SSJ3
04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I've just started rewatching from Season 1 and it's amazing how you can watch it over and over again.

ace2ey
04-30-2010, 07:28 AM
I think the writers at Showtime did a great job with season finales this year with Dexter, and Californication at least. Which if you haven't watched you should down...'record' a couple well worth your time IMO

Y0UNIK0RN
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I can't wait for season 5 they just signed a deal for another 2 seasons!

Greatest news ever! :woop:

sleepydumbdude
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Quite alot of different books on play.com, so wondering which ones those of you have read you would reccomend?

1st book is good I think the 2nd was ok don't remember but the 3rd sucked. Haven't read the 4th I gave up on the dexter books after reading the 3rd.

SSJ3
05-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I can't wait for season 5 they just signed a deal for another 2 seasons!

Greatest news ever! :woop:

It's hard to think how they will end it

Bottomlessclip
05-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I like what happened at the end of the 4th season but I'm not sure what they are going to do now that what happened happened.

Indyy xXx
05-21-2010, 11:49 PM
*SPOILERS DOWN BELOW YOU WERE WARNED :P *

i finished season 4 today glad that michael is fully cured now :D

cant wait for s5 me and my bf were watching video's on youtube and we saw the finale to s4....
and we saw that rita was dead we were only half way through s4 when we saw it
and i felt like crying when i saw rita ='(!! we were like amagad!! we have just ruined season 4 for ourselfs!! xD
and omg trinity creeps me out so bad i got my bf to hold me cos i would cringe seeing him xD
when i was on the sofa one time he went in the bathroom and got the mirror and said
"mind if i join you?" like trinity and held the mirror in my face from behind me
i was like WTF omg i could of killed him he scared me so much XD! evil cunt lol :P
i just started reading the first book darkly dreaming dexter today im on chapter 2 atm

and im liking it so far its good :)

cant wait for the next season though really upset about rita so much though

i really liked her! :'(

also you guys i know your probs passionate about dexter but theres no need
to write his name in red everytime you type it XD its really annoying lol :P

DevilMaster18
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
I hope the last episode of Season 4 was just a dream... But unfortunately i don't think it is... Rita is signed on to another show but hope she can do that and Dexter!

Muzzle O Bees
05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
also you guys i know your probs passionate about dexter but theres no need
to write his name in red everytime you type it XD its really annoying lol :P

Did you find this thread from the search function on the forum? If you searched for "dexter", it will be in red in all the results. Your search terms will appear in red, even once you've clicked a thread/ ;)

Indyy xXx
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
omg im so sorry then i apologise xD and yes i did search i was thinking you guys were doing it on purpose im sorry then guys :p XD

SynysterChris
05-26-2010, 11:25 AM
God I can't wait for season 5!! Been reading the books but the 3rd book just seems to make me not want to read them anymore it's not bad it's just not capturing my interest as much as the show.

Only a few months to go.

k1lls1gn
05-28-2010, 07:02 AM
So i literally just finished Season 4 like 30 minutes ago, and i gotta say....DAMN! i never expected that at all, such a big cliffhanger.

Anyone know when Season 5 is gonna start?

VladimirK
05-28-2010, 07:40 AM
It's out sometime in September, I think.

Can't wait :D

Xerofox
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
God I can't wait for season 5!! Been reading the books but the 3rd book just seems to make me not want to read them anymore it's not bad it's just not capturing my interest as much as the show.

Only a few months to go.

It'll be better towards the end, the whole voodoo/scared dark passenger isn't really interesting but the questions Dexter asks himself are. Just continue reading and start the 4th book, that one is good.

Zombeast
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I just recently got into this show and I have to say it's excellent. Luckily FX are show the first 3 seasons back to back before showing 4 (in the UK) so I should be fully up to date before long. I've just finished watching season 1.

jogobom
06-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Absolutely love the show but have never read the books. Can't wait to find out what happens after season 4's ending!

KFZ Scrubs
06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm just going to make a quick post.... i scrolled down through everything so i don't spoil anything for myself. Finished season three and i'm loving the show. Can't wait to watch season four in august and 5 in the Fall.

jamie1000013
06-14-2010, 08:58 AM
season 4 hasn't even reached here yet >.<. Also they fucked up on breaking bad over here as well put it on at 3AM for some reason.

X monkfish69 X
06-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Season 5 cannot come quick enough ! I hope they do a brief recap though at the start of the new season. It's always nice to have a quick refresh of the memory.

TVthePunisher
06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm going to avoid reading the thread (sorry, I'm sure it's amazing guys) until I get passed Season 1, as I was already spoiled by simply trying to find out who played Doakes (I thought it was Sticky Fingaz who played Blade in the series, but I was wrong...Erik King) and I'm wishing I could erase memories like you could erase files on a computer.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing...but...yeah, I'm on episode 7 of the First Season and I love this series. Well actually I think passed Episode 7, I'm watching this over Netflix instant play and it's amazing...I think I know who the Icetruck Killer really is (I remember stuff I see from earlier episodes and it didn't match the profile for...) but I'll just have to sit here and wait =D

Amazing series, I can't tell you guys how much Dexter reminds me of Light Yagami and somewhat like Jigsaw, but the intelligence he has reminds me of Light so much more. Of course, from what I could tell, he's not nearly as psycho as Light was from Death Note...at least he doesn't view himself as a God, he's just taking out the Trash...one killer at a time.

Is it sad that serial killers inspire me? Not to kill! It's just their attitudes and how they think, I prefer to feel that way rather than some mass-crowd idiot that listens to today's music and forgets yesterday's as if it never existed. Would I kill someone? Well...*hears the sirens already* I kid ^_^...o_O gotta be careful what you say, never know who is going to take you seriously...

SynysterChris
06-23-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm going to avoid reading the thread (sorry, I'm sure it's amazing guys) until I get passed Season 1, as I was already spoiled by simply trying to find out who played Doakes (I thought it was Sticky Fingaz who played Blade in the series, but I was wrong...Erik King) and I'm wishing I could erase memories like you could erase files on a computer.

I don't know how to do the spoiler thing...but...yeah, I'm on episode 7 of the First Season and I love this series. Well actually I think passed Episode 7, I'm watching this over Netflix instant play and it's amazing...I think I know who the Icetruck Killer really is (I remember stuff I see from earlier episodes and it didn't match the profile for...) but I'll just have to sit here and wait =D

Amazing series, I can't tell you guys how much Dexter reminds me of Light Yagami and somewhat like Jigsaw, but the intelligence he has reminds me of Light so much more. Of course, from what I could tell, he's not nearly as psycho as Light was from Death Note...at least he doesn't view himself as a God, he's just taking out the Trash...one killer at a time.

Is it sad that serial killers inspire me? Not to kill! It's just their attitudes and how they think, I prefer to feel that way rather than some mass-crowd idiot that listens to today's music and forgets yesterday's as if it never existed. Would I kill someone? Well...*hears the sirens already* I kid ^_^...o_O gotta be careful what you say, never know who is going to take you seriously...

No I understand where you are coming from. I think Dexter is a league all in his own. And its his personality that is inspiring that he never doubts himself. And he never condones what he does it just something he must do. And like you said, he's just taking out the trash.

PantherAR904
06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Dexter is one of the best shows i've seen. Cant wait for the next season!!!

jarheadwayne
07-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Season 5 cannot come quick enough ! I hope they do a brief recap though at the start of the new season. It's always nice to have a quick refresh of the memory. Any news on when it comes out?

I fucking love this show. Hands down my all time favorite tv show. I just started reading the books Just started the first one yesterday. If they're like every other book made movie/show, they will be phenominal!!

SynysterChris
07-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Any news on when it comes out?

I fucking love this show. Hands down my all time favorite tv show. I just started reading the books Just started the first one yesterday. If they're like every other book made movie/show, they will be phenominal!!

I think its sometime mid September that's when all the Showtime shows are airing again.
And the wait is killing me.

Dimensive
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Dexter is one of the best shows on TV, I just hope they don't drag it out too far. But I am definitely curious to know what he's going to do after what happened to him.

Benj192
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Apparently season 5 will be on the 26th of September. I'm just glad that Michael C. Hall has recovered.

iBean
07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
YouTube- Dexter Season 5 Trailer (Comic Con)

Here's the trailer for season 5. Looking very good! Can't wait!

jarheadwayne
07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Awesome, can't wait.

SynysterChris
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
When I saw the trailer, I was like yes it's looks so awesome.

BAMF Sangwich
07-30-2010, 03:02 AM
You know Quinn is gonna die

MelangeAddict
07-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Quinn is getting screwed. Just look at what happened to Doakes when he stuck his monkey face into Dexter's life.

ThaFireman
07-31-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't think Quinn will die. That's too predicable. Or Dexter will kill him but mess it up.

HAK Devil
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
"The better the killer I am, the better the father"

hehe unbeatable logic there :D. Dexter's influx of emotion will be one hell of a watch once the next season gets going

SynysterChris
08-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I hope he kills Quinn, That scene in the season 5 trailer where he is just butchering someone and screaming, it screams Quinn went to far and he was Dex'd.

KFZ Scrubs
08-23-2010, 12:43 AM
I just finished season for and ohh my god i can't wait till september. This shit is really good, my only wish is that it doesn't end like deathnote....

EliteShadowMan
08-28-2010, 12:17 AM
i started watching Dexter like 3 months ago. finally got around to finishing the 4th season about 2 months ago. and by looking at the trailer for season 5 its gonna just as intense at season 4 if not, even more! can't wait!

turtle808
08-30-2010, 12:27 AM
i can't wait for season 5, and you're right... way to leave you hanging between seasons!

Walls Of Jericho
08-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Just been in HMV and seen Season 3 on DVD it's about time lol. Only a few weeks left until Season 5!!

SSJ3
09-04-2010, 03:10 PM
When does Season 5 start?

EliteShadowMan
09-04-2010, 03:12 PM
When does Season 5 start?

September 27th

Lt Jumper
09-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I have never gotten into this show but after reading some of these I might just have to see a couple of episodes. I watch a lot of shows continually and love them and I just started on Psych but never really got into Dexter.

kall5ter
09-04-2010, 03:15 PM
when i first saw this thread, instantly thought it was about dexters laboratory but then again, why would 20 year old watch that ;O i'm tooo stupidd.

Bubble Supreme
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
when i first saw this thread, instantly thought it was about dexters laboratory but then again, why would 20 year old watch that ;O i'm tooo stupidd.

*Facepalm* Lmao

kall5ter
09-04-2010, 03:23 PM
*Facepalm* Lmao

;O well yano me, i've never seen a series or programme called 'Dexter'

Bubble Supreme
09-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah it's on fx friday nights at the minute if you feel like checking it out ;)

X Nightmare X
09-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Can't wait for 5th season to start!! I can't wait to see how things are gonna turn out now.

KFZ Scrubs
09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Ugggghhh, i'm so excited. I wanna know how did it.... i bet it wasn't trinity... that'd be exciting to know that someone else is behind it.

EliteShadowMan
09-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Ugggghhh, i'm so excited. I wanna know how did it.... i bet it wasn't trinity... that'd be exciting to know that someone else is behind it.

yeah thats a good point, cause i don't think trinity would really have the time to kill her. Whereas if i had to think of a killer it would probably be quinn?

ONSLAUGHT o
09-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Really excited as well to see how the fifth season starts,unfortunetly for me i dont have showtime lol,heres hoping they put the first episode on the showtime website,a man can dream.

Tained sainity
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
yeah thats a good point, cause i don't think trinity would really have the time to kill her. Whereas if i had to think of a killer it would probably be quinn?

Yeah I've never believe anything the cast has said about Trinity killing Rita what was happening with Rita and Trinity, I think it could have been the neighbour or maybe we find out about the 1st husband of Rita

BrianT
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah I've never believe anything the cast has said about Trinity killing Rita what was happening with Rita and Trinity, I think it could have been the neighbour or maybe we find out about the 1st husband of Rita

The only problem with Rita's first husband is that he is dead b/c didn't Paul die in prison? Or am I missing something?

Tained sainity
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
yeah you are before Paul there was someone else Rita married when she was 16 that only lasted 6 months. It was the third season finale it's something Dexter relates to with the marriage is that he has his secrets and she has hers, it could of just been mentioned for that but who knows anythings possible.

BrianT
09-09-2010, 05:27 AM
LOL, wow i forgot about that. I highly doubt that it will tie into anything in the third season, but like you said anything is possible.

duffmaniac
09-09-2010, 05:36 AM
Interesting comments on it not being Trinity. I forget the exact words since it's been awhile since last season's finale but remember Trinity making some remarks while wrapped up on Dexter's table that had me thinking right away that he'd done something to Dexter's family.

Looking forward to this season more than any other premier save for maybe the series premier of the Walking Dead. The ending to last season has to be the best season finale I can think of. The ending to a certain video game definitely had the same shock value.

KFZ Scrubs
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Yea i'm hoping.. that stuffs been picking at my brain since i heard about it.
But it would be some crazy shit if it was the neighbor... i don't think Quinn would have done it because he's dirty... but not that dirty.

SSJ3
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
My bet's on Quinn.

Anthirian
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Yea i'm hoping.. that stuffs been picking at my brain since i heard about it.
But it would be some crazy shit if it was the neighbor... i don't think Quinn would have done it because he's dirty... but not that dirty.
I'm with you on that one. Quinn probably hasn't got the guts to do it.

Tained sainity
09-26-2010, 10:49 PM
it's on tonight wooooo

megamoviejohn
09-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Fantastic!!!!! I expected a slower start to get the season going but even with the slowish start it was AWESOME!!! I can't WAIT for the Kyle Butler stuff to start up, man this season is going to be epic. I so want a time machine right now so I could travel and get a copy of season 5 on DVD then go back and watch the entire season in 1 day. This is going to be torture, every episode ends and I want more.

SmoothAsEgg5
09-28-2010, 02:40 AM
pretty good stuff last night. the climax of the episode was awesome, i wonder if hes gonna lose total control and abandon his code this season. and lol at dexters/ritas first date

EliteShadowMan
09-28-2010, 02:51 AM
loved the season premiere. I really can't wait to see the rest!

HarperBird
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Well first episode was awesome and i somehow had a feeling that Dexter would go a little crazy! (which is what i wanted!)

SSJ3
09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Loved it! I hope Dexter just loses it this season and goes on a killing spree.

MADasaHatter
09-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Reminds me a lot of season 2 where he had Doaks breathing down his back the entire time.

That is to say that this season looks like he won't have a rival killer to go up against, just a tough time picking up the pieces of his life. Good stuff though.

I'm kinda worried in the long run, to be honest. There's been a changing of the guard behind the scenes and I'm not sure how it'll effect the series. Can't remember who left or who stayed in the production crew, but let's hope they keep Dex moving in the right direction.

Denny Crane
09-30-2010, 11:17 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/34qwq2r.jpg

The first episode was awesome, I can't wait for the next episode.

MADasaHatter
10-01-2010, 04:51 AM

The creepiness of that pic is total win.;)

SSJ3
10-03-2010, 11:30 PM

The first episode was awesome, I can't wait for the next episode.

Thank you for my new signature :P

SynysterChris
10-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Eposide 2 aired yesterday night. Ah torrents cant come fast enough.

MADasaHatter
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
It was a good ep. Don't want to ruin it for everyone if you haven't seen it, but it kept the story moving.

Dex really is a different guy from the way he was in Season one.

SaleGame
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Season 1 the Best!

HarperBird
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Not trying to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but i feel that the second episode really started to pick things up and is making the storyline move along nicely can really see Dexter going a little crazy this season!

Also one more thing, is it me or does anyone find Quinn really annoying all of the sudden?!

TVthePunisher
10-05-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm so close to being able to join you guys in a discussion! ^_^ I need to get Showtime but I'm catching up with Season 4 now (I'm on...episoide 4 or 5 now, need to work but I'll get back to it).

I've heard things about Quinn and Dexter's relationship but...from what I've seen, it's a lot of Dexter's fault in the matter! He's playing the opposite of Doakes, who was ALWAYS on Dexter's ass...but Quinn is trying to be friendly, chummy and everything else (despite the fact that he stole a bit of money)...I'd go with it. Seems like Dexter is the cause of this downfall...so far at least, I don't know what he's going to do later in this season but A LOT of people aren't happy with him...I still like him =P just as I liked Doakes. I feel a bit of loss with the death of Miguel last season...=/...but John Lithgow is showing how amazing he is.

You know who I want to see on Dexter? The guy who played Giles in Buffy and Nathan in Repo: The Genetic Opera. I really liked his character and John Lithgow keeps reminding me of him...though I must say I don't like looking at Lithgow's naked body ;>_> I'm not gay but I'd rather look at the other guy during those scenes...

MGMT
10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Not trying to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but i feel that the second episode really started to pick things up and is making the storyline move along nicely can really see Dexter going a little crazy this season!

Also one more thing, is it me or does anyone find Quinn really annoying all of the sudden?!

I'm actually liking Quinn a whole lot more, I feel like he's really going to mess around with Dexter. ( I really cracked up, with his response to Batista's question about money)

And just from his character reveal, I really like Shawn Hatosy's, Boyd.

MADasaHatter
10-05-2010, 09:37 PM

I didn't like Quinn when he first showed up. I wasn't sure what they wanted to do with the guy and I see now they were setting up the previous season to take the place of Dokes.

He's tolerable now because he's at ends with Dex, but I'm still not sold on him.

And just from his character reveal, I really like Shawn Hatosy's, Boyd.

Man is creepy as hell- in a good way.
The Self-Help tape he was listening to was even creepier. Wonder if it has a deeper meaning this season.

SSJ3
10-08-2010, 10:00 PM
This season is epic, I had fears it wouldn't live up to season 4 but I'm impressed.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
So far the few episodes of Season 5 have been amazing. Really like the way Quinn and Deb are building onto potentially finding out about Dex, Quinn will for sure no doubt and I feel Deb could also find out to cue a huge finale to the season, but plenty of time yet!

Hope it isn't the last of Aster and Cody, they seem to make an impact on Dex which is making him seem and feel human, if only a little.

Boardwalk Empire and Dexter every Monday for me, count down the days for the next fix lol.

Tained sainity
10-11-2010, 11:10 PM
The last episode was definately the best so far this season, I ejoyed the season 1 references seeing as this was the 51st episode and thought that we'd have more of Shawn Haotsy as Boyd to be honest I had him down as Rita's killer at one point last week and now we have Julia Stiles in, this season can only keep getting better and better

SmoothAsEgg5
10-13-2010, 03:52 AM
SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, i was pretty shocked that Dexter finished Boyd off. i thought that he was gonna be the main antagonist of the season. even dexter was impressed by boyd's attention to detail.

Expyrious
10-14-2010, 06:24 AM
This season is awesome. I thought the last episode was the best yet. I wonder how Dexter solves things with that girl who saw everything..

SSJ3
10-14-2010, 05:41 PM
"Hehe,Justin Bieber"

That line had me pissing myself, loved the episode.

SmoothAsEgg5
10-15-2010, 09:59 AM
haha, i completely forgot about that line. i'm usually not a big fan of characters intended for comic relief, but he plays the role well

KFZ Scrubs
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM
SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, i was pretty shocked that Dexter finished Boyd off. i thought that he was gonna be the main antagonist of the season. even dexter was impressed by boyd's attention to detail.
Yea me too..... Boyd was pretty interesting.... i wish they went more into why he did what he did..... i mean, relieving them of their suffering? I want to know MORE!~

Ryan2099
10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Does anybody think that the new Irish babysitter is somehow related to Lila "The crazy pyro chick from season 2"?:confused:

Pieville
10-16-2010, 10:06 AM
The last episode I saw was the end of Season 4, it had a great ending and I'm waiting for Season 5.

Michael C. Hall is a legend.

I reckon they should get Zachary Quinto to play some type of killer.
For people who don't know, he plays Sylar in Heroes.

SSJ3
10-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Does anybody think that the new Irish babysitter is somehow related to Lila "The crazy pyro chick from season 2"?:confused:

Doubt it Lila wasn't Irish. I think she is crazy though.

TVthePunisher
10-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Doubt it Lila wasn't Irish. I think she is crazy though.

Yeah, she was from the UK. But now that I've finally caught up (well, mostly...I'm "waiting" on Episode 4 if ya know what I mean...) I don't have to worry about spoilers!

Wow oh wow...this series is one of few that keeps it moving while keeping it fresh. I always saw Dexter as the opposite of Death Note's Light Yagami and there are so many things that set them apart...and personally, I would have loved to see Light on Dexter's table (for him to then go into monologue about justice...and the difference between Dexter's and Light's...oooooh...).

Dexter (starting out):

- Cold, most emotions were faked to camoflauge himself within society.

- Was "born" a killer, having witnessed a tragedy at a young age and honed his craft to match it.

- Follows a code that justifies his kills based on people who commit murder for their own gain, thus evil people.

Light (starting out):

- Teenage boy living a upper-middleclass lifestyle without a care in the world. He was mainly just "bored" with normal life

- Was not "born" a killer and never witnessed any tragedies that really affected him (we can debate this later if you like).

- Originally followed a rule of killing criminals, though he quickly left this behind to kill even petty criminals and later...innocents that got in his way. Something Dexter would never do, despite his situation with Sergeant James Doakes in the 1st and 2nd season...he only intended to frame him (and actually, before his turnaround, was going to let Doakes go so he could turn himself in).

Dexter (as he progressed):

- Started to gain actual emotions, though because he's lived some odd 30 years having lost touch with "humanity" like other people...he has to analyze these feelings. He has moved from a person that faked everything to feelings of caring for his foster sister Deb, to feeling remorse for the death of his brother Brian Moser, to anger when someone threatened his loved ones (Rita, Astor, Cody), feeling love and affection for Rita, wanting to father three children...and expresses the feeling of betrayel when Miguel Prado tries to take the "craft" and use it as he wills.

- He tries to supress the "Dark Passenger", thus moving slowly but surely step by step down the ladder that is his Dark Passenger....until somewhere, he might hit the bottom and be rid of it in the future.

- His code has come into jeapordy multiple times, mainly from instances where there is "rehandling of a situation" with multiple killers, changing his ritual to suit an everchanging problem, killing an innocent man (whom he thought was guilty but it was only his assistent), and even breaking his code entirely to brutally slaughter a man who insulted his wife's memory during a period of uncertainty in his life.

Light (as he progressed):

- Has put any attempt at emotions on the back burner and rather than learn them like Dexter, he wishes to just fake them to suit his own goals. However, he becomes more and more drunk with power and sentences anyone to death that might stop his path to becoming a God. Rage is a strong factor when he might lose and insanity finally settles in when confronted.

- In no way does Light try to hold back his own "Dark Passenger", rather he denies that he is a serial killer and instead embraces the power of being a God. He starts out from a teenage boy curious about a book to a murderous tyrant edging on world domination.

- Whenever faced with a situation where someone was in his way, he'd write their life away and use plot after plot to insure his victory. Because of his high intelligence, he was able to see multiple steps ahead and thus had to make very little changes to his plans. Ultimately his only failure was due to arrogance and trying to juggle too many balls (no pun intended) at once, rather than take direct action which could have saved him his life.

Phew...anyways, I just hope Dexter doesn't end up like Light.

Wow did I love Trinity's character, despite the fact that after watching him in action he is not someone that can change his ways...and is far too enveloped in his past to ever escape it. The violent tendecies towards his family was sign enough for me to see that he needed to be dealt with...and after multiple complications, he was finally taken care of. But the question is...did he really kill Rita? He was saying Debora Morgan the last time he was in that house...over and over...but did he really, honestly kill Rita? Only time will tell...but I do not think it was Trinity...

Out of all the Main Antagonists (Brian Moser, Lila Bitchtwat, Miguel Prado and Arthur Mitchell) and then the central antagonists (Sergeant James Doakes, George King, and Quinn...god, I can't remember his full name)....I only hated one. Lila. I cannot stand this character...she turned Dexter into an asshole (sorry fans, I'm a fan of the series but...I did not like what Dexter was doing to Rita and the kids by spending time with that whore) and she was the one character I wanted to die more than any other. Crazy, pyromaniac...sure she wasn't a Serial Killer like The Ice Truck Killer, The Skinner and Trinity...but she was a major problem and ultimately too dangerous to be kept alive. Plus she killed Doakes...one of my favorite characters (I like those "I'MA KICK YO ASS" guys).

Anyways...this show...I'd go more on about it but then someone would call me crazy if I'm using it to model certain aspects of my life. No no...not the serial killing, rather Dexter's emotional state. How he deals with situations...he's a good role model and for someone like me, who is hardly in touch with emotions, it helps. I don't need a shrink to pick my brain...I'd rather work it out on my own.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I love Quinn's character and though he's SOMEWHAT following the Doakes trail, he is isn't nearly as bad. Doakes obsessed over it, made it his priority...Quinn's just suspicious. And in a way, it kind of is Dexter's fault for blowing him off from the beginning (he did it at least twice before the whole "moneysnatching" ordeal).

Expyrious
10-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Just seen the latest episode!
It was really a gripping and awesome episode.
Dexter really became someone else, and that is a good thing.

TVthePunisher
10-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I just uh...obtained the soundtracks (for Seasons 2, 3 and 4 apparently) and wow...I am in love with Trinity's theme (loved it first time I heard it anyways) and boy do I love the spanish music in this show ;>_>

Oh wow, so apparently Boyd wasn't the only one...there's more, possibly a group of about 2 or 3 more. It seems like they may be the main antagonists for this series...you know, I've been wondering when a group would come into play. It has been individual serial killers aside from a few exceptions, such as the couple in Season 1 but a group is a lot harder to take down than a single man. I'm sure they'll act soon enough, knowing that one of their own is dead...or perhaps he was just a lowlife in their organization and they'll treat it as if his death was a blessing in disguise...yet one member (likely the leader) will still feel it was a transgression.

Why do I have a feeling that the "Take It Now" is far more important than just for Boyd? Maybe every member listens to those CDs...hell, maybe the guy on the CD package itself...Jordan Chase. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but...this could be a cult that Dexter's facing now. Also there's that one guy, the one with the machete that Deb saw. I think he's more like what George King was in the 3rd season rather than the main antagonist, but we'll see later ya know?

Ya know what...I'll start talking outside the spoilers now. Just realize that everything in that spoiler was from the most recent episode.

So...what are your guy's opinions on the "other people" that Lumen mentioned?

Ryan2099
10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
After watching last night's episode and the preview for next week I am wondering if Peirce Luman doesn't eventually become the bad guy for this season and Dexter end's up killing her in the end.

But that would be too easy.....

TVthePunisher
10-19-2010, 05:08 AM
After watching last night's episode and the preview for next week I am wondering if Peirce Luman doesn't eventually become the bad guy for this season and Dexter end's up killing her in the end.

But that would be too easy.....

Miguel route eh? Seems like a very different situation to me. But I am happy to see (from the preview for the next episode) how things are turning out =D. I'm leaning on the bad guys for this season being of course the people that did this to her and maybe Jordan Chase (apparently sources claim the actor for at least 6 episodes this season...whether that means by voice or physical appearance is uncertain).

SSJ3
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Some thing's going to happen to the babysitter I can just feel it lol.

MADasaHatter
10-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I think the same thing regarding the Cd's. A cult possibly, led by the guy on the cover.

Should be good.

I also think that Lumen (which means "Light", let's remember- Light versus Dexter's Dark Passenger) has a chance to be good or bad. The way she looks like she'll sick Dex on the guys might corrupt her. Who knows.

The main theme for this season is coming around though.

Dex's twisted side was baptized in blood.
His son (who supposedly too young to understand) might still turn out like him.
And now Lumen, much older than both when she saw her terrors, might get warped into it.

SmoothAsEgg5
10-20-2010, 10:16 PM
i never watch previews from the next episode lol, i feel like they're meant to mislead you. but from what the girl said, i at first thought that she meant she was molested and abused by her father. but i wouldn't say no to the whole cult thing

TVthePunisher
10-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Well I've started up a contribute spree of my own on the Dexter Wikia. Working on my pet project right now, The Kill Guide. Starting out nicely, obviously going to take work...need all the family information, then the victims is what really is going to take some legwork (got to seep through a lot of episodes for that info) and then I'll add pictures in there somewhere.

EDIT: For anyone without Showtime and who doesn't mind some slight-editing to Dexter, check out the On Demand service (if you have something like Time Warner or whatever). You can watch the first episode of Season 5 for FREE on there where they only take out the F words and Quinn's...ass. ;>_> they blur it and some "boobs" seen in photos from a recap of the past season.

SSJ3
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Pretty good episode looks like the Quinn/Dexter rivalry is about to pick up.

Did anyone see the Halo ODST poster? lol.

TVthePunisher
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Episode was very good and I'm trying to figure out the name of Peter Weller's character for this season. He's supposed to be on there for the rest of the season (since this is episode 5 and he has an 8 episode appearance...AT THE LEAST as reported) and I want to know his character's name x.x

MADasaHatter
10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Episode was very good and I'm trying to figure out the name of Peter Weller's character for this season. He's supposed to be on there for the rest of the season (since this is episode 5 and he has an 8 episode appearance...AT THE LEAST as reported) and I want to know his character's name x.x

Stan Liddy. And I DID NOT recognize who he was.

Officer Murphy with a drinking problem.:eek:

And is it me or is the Bautista side story boring? The fact that she just doesn't come out and tell him the truth was stupid and unnecessary.

SynysterChris
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Lumen, Lumen, Lumen... You sneaky girl you.

So now I'm wondering if she is going to end up on Dex's table in the end? Or maybe he will just have to teach her? Not really sure where this is going and it's why I like Dexter so much, they keep you guessing.

Can't wait for next weeks episode. Oh well Chuck, and Weeds are on tonight. And when the hell is Californiacation going to start again?

SmoothAsEgg5
10-26-2010, 08:50 PM
i really can't see Lumen being on Dexter's table, even if she murders out of revenge or justice because that would just make Dexter a hypocrit. as long as she doesn't kill anybody innocent.

any possibility a romance develops between them? Dexter needs a new woman with Rita gone now

thereefernander
10-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Lumen, Lumen, Lumen... You sneaky girl you.

So now I'm wondering if she is going to end up on Dex's table in the end? Or maybe he will just have to teach her? Not really sure where this is going and it's why I like Dexter so much, they keep you guessing.

Can't wait for next weeks episode. Oh well Chuck, and Weeds are on tonight. And when the hell is Californiacation going to start again?

I don't know if she'll end up on his table...but teaching her? Remember what happened the last time he tried to share his "techniques" (Miguel)?
Big, big fan of the show.
Californication is starting again in January.

SynysterChris
10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't know if she'll end up on his table...but teaching her? Remember what happened the last time he tried to share his "techniques" (Miguel)?
Big, big fan of the show.
Californication is starting again in January.

Ya I remember. Though Miguel was hot headed and didn't really see Dexter as his superior/Teacher. He was also only in to get get his own way, not because he needed it like Dexter.
Lumen doesn't give off the same vibe. Plus if Dexter may have been more willing to open up and really teach Miguel the code things may have been different. Anyways I think Lumen has become something of a need, more than a want like Miguel.

Also thanks about the info on Californiacation starting.

TVthePunisher
10-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Yes, there are some key differences between Miguel Prado and Lumen Ann Pierce.

Miguel: As you said, a hot-headed individual that while devastated by his brother Oscar's death, was still out for his own gain rather than anything else. This is NOT why Dexter kills people, he focuses his intent on killing evil people to control both his dark passenger and rid the world of people who could kill again (which is why Miguel quickly became a target). Miguel on the other hand wants nothing more than to get rid of someone that is a thorn in his ass, such as Ellen Wolf. After he killed her, Maria Laguerta was to be his next target due to her looking up info on him...thus it "betrayed his trust". In all reality, Miguel Prado was a huge fascade...much like Dexter acts for the world around him. He stole a story from his brother that happened in the past, changing it around to his own "demon" and tricked Dexter into making him believe that he was just like him...thus allowing him to get his first kill. That kill is what Miguel needed to trick Dexter yet again into believing that he was just like him and thus he used this technique again (well, it can be assumed he did because of no trace evidence at Ellen's apartment) with the grave-dropping part (because that's where he believed Freebo to be).

Lumen: She was abused, tortured, possibly raped...a woman that was captured when she ran from home and ended up being tormented by these people, including Boyd Fowler. Her desire to kill is not for her own gain but to rid herself of the things that created the new her, much like Dexter killing Santos back during Season 2 (with the chainsaw, one of the three men that killed his mother). So in all reality, Lumen is just like Dexter in a different light...she's suffering badly from the torment as any touch warps her senses and makes her assume everyone is out to rape her or torture her again. Though after killing these men, could she be a danger? I think she's controllable...I think as long as Dexter finally agrees to help her out and looks INTO these people before she acts, that she'll grow into it correctly and be the success where Miguel failed.

Let's take a look at the previous four seasons:

First Season - Rival killer, Brian Moser. Kills in a similar fashion to Dexter himself except with his own unique fashion...he was an extreme danger to Debra specifically and had to be put down.

Second Season - Insane girlfriend, Lila Tournay. She wasn't a serial killer but she did kill at least two people and Doakes was innocent...despite how much of a prick he was.

Third Season - Failed pupil, Miguel Prado. He attempted to act like a student to Dexter and then warped the code to his own liking, thus it caused Dexter to put him down.

Fourth Season - Evil teacher, Arthur Mitchell. Survived for over 30 years in his serial killing streak, but Dexter learned far too quickly that Arthur (despite how much he had learned from him) was a violent animal that may have killed his innocent family in the end provided Dexter didn't stop him and he was a murderer of young boys, amongst other innocents.

Fifth Season - Unknown at the moment but it could be any of the following canidates: Jordan Chase (Take It Now guy and possible leader of a cult), Stan Liddy (slated for the remaining episodes in the season, is going to look into Dexter as a spy and maybe worse), Carlos and Marco Fuentes (the Santa Muerte Killers, though it is likely they'll be just like what George Washington King/The Skinner was in Season 3 and be Debra Morgan's antagonists, rather than Dexter's) and even Cira Manzon (while she is very reliable, she is very suspicious to me at the same time...I don't have a good feeling about her).

And of course Lumen but...I see the outcome of Season 5 as this.

Dexter eventually faces one of those enemies but Lumen has become his successful pupil and effectively, sidekick. Thus she lives at the end of the season after Jordan Chase or whoever else is killed. In Season 6, she acts as his helper while Sonya possibly still watches over Harrison...and then things get interesting. The Dark Defender and Robin? ;>_> Well we'll see where that goes...maybe Dexter will get more than one student...a whole legion to pass on his legacy to? Oh now I'm getting fanatastical...

thereefernander
10-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, there are some key differences between Miguel Prado and Lumen Ann Pierce.

Miguel: As you said, a hot-headed individual that while devastated by his brother Oscar's death, was still out for his own gain rather than anything else. This is NOT why Dexter kills people, he focuses his intent on killing evil people to control both his dark passenger and rid the world of people who could kill again (which is why Miguel quickly became a target). Miguel on the other hand wants nothing more than to get rid of someone that is a thorn in his ass, such as Ellen Wolf. After he killed her, Maria Laguerta was to be his next target due to her looking up info on him...thus it "betrayed his trust". In all reality, Miguel Prado was a huge fascade...much like Dexter acts for the world around him. He stole a story from his brother that happened in the past, changing it around to his own "demon" and tricked Dexter into making him believe that he was just like him...thus allowing him to get his first kill. That kill is what Miguel needed to trick Dexter yet again into believing that he was just like him and thus he used this technique again (well, it can be assumed he did because of no trace evidence at Ellen's apartment) with the grave-dropping part (because that's where he believed Freebo to be).

Lumen: She was abused, tortured, possibly raped...a woman that was captured when she ran from home and ended up being tormented by these people, including Boyd Fowler. Her desire to kill is not for her own gain but to rid herself of the things that created the new her, much like Dexter killing Santos back during Season 2 (with the chainsaw, one of the three men that killed his mother). So in all reality, Lumen is just like Dexter in a different light...she's suffering badly from the torment as any touch warps her senses and makes her assume everyone is out to rape her or torture her again. Though after killing these men, could she be a danger? I think she's controllable...I think as long as Dexter finally agrees to help her out and looks INTO these people before she acts, that she'll grow into it correctly and be the success where Miguel failed.

Let's take a look at the previous four seasons:

First Season - Rival killer, Brian Moser. Kills in a similar fashion to Dexter himself except with his own unique fashion...he was an extreme danger to Debra specifically and had to be put down.

Second Season - Insane girlfriend, Lila Tournay. She wasn't a serial killer but she did kill at least two people and Doakes was innocent...despite how much of a prick he was.

Third Season - Failed pupil, Miguel Prado. He attempted to act like a student to Dexter and then warped the code to his own liking, thus it caused Dexter to put him down.

Fourth Season - Evil teacher, Arthur Mitchell. Survived for over 30 years in his serial killing streak, but Dexter learned far too quickly that Arthur (despite how much he had learned from him) was a violent animal that may have killed his innocent family in the end provided Dexter didn't stop him and he was a murderer of young boys, amongst other innocents.

Fifth Season - Unknown at the moment but it could be any of the following canidates: Jordan Chase (Take It Now guy and possible leader of a cult), Stan Liddy (slated for the remaining episodes in the season, is going to look into Dexter as a spy and maybe worse), Carlos and Marco Fuentes (the Santa Muerte Killers, though it is likely they'll be just like what George Washington King/The Skinner was in Season 3 and be Debra Morgan's antagonists, rather than Dexter's) and even Cira Manzon (while she is very reliable, she is very suspicious to me at the same time...I don't have a good feeling about her).

And of course Lumen but...I see the outcome of Season 5 as this.

Dexter eventually faces one of those enemies but Lumen has become his successful pupil and effectively, sidekick. Thus she lives at the end of the season after Jordan Chase or whoever else is killed. In Season 6, she acts as his helper while Sonya possibly still watches over Harrison...and then things get interesting. The Dark Defender and Robin? ;>_> Well we'll see where that goes...maybe Dexter will get more than one student...a whole legion to pass on his legacy to? Oh now I'm getting fanatastical...

Wow, respect for the sum up.

I also agree I don't get a good vibe from Cira, (The short cop working with Deb, right?) Something isn't right about her and those beheadings. I don't know about the legion thing though, I think Dexter likes and prefers to work alone. He does what he does to satify his Dark Passenger in the first place.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
10-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah great sum up 'TVthePunisher' I agree with alot of what you said with predictions etc also but I agree with thereefernander in that I see Dexter preferably working alone.
Having said that we have seen Dexter come a very long way personally and maybe now that he is becoming more human through feelings and such he may like the challenge of trying again to teach the ways of the justice serial killer.

I would be suprised if he didn't essentially help Lumen by getting rid of those that have abused her and probably killed many others before her. I think that due to her persistance to continue to track these men down, Dex will give in and help her rather then continue to attempt to get her away from LA with the whole 'you need to be with people who love you' story.

Can't wait for tonight's ep (Tomorrow for me.) I watch about 17 shows currently each week unless on short breaks and Dexter is up there as the show I look forward to most currently.

@Thereefernander - I knew I should have asked Audacious to make me a Dex themed sig! I got Entourage & a 24 themed sigs instead but that Dexter sig is incredible!

thereefernander
10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
@Thereefernander - I knew I should have asked Audacious to make me a Dex themed sig! I got Entourage & a 24 themed sigs instead but that Dexter sig is incredible!

He does amazing work. I asked for one with him looking through a blood slide but he couldn't find any good quality pics. Either way i'm very pleased with the results.

KFZ Scrubs
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
After this weeks episode... we finally have something going... really liked how Dexter got out of that Jam too.... always got my heart racing. Also, Masuka is killing me!!!!

thereefernander
11-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Very nice set-up he had. With not to much time to think about it either!

ShaneForWax
11-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I loved seeing the woman in my sig/avatar on Dexter. But did they have to give her such an ugly dress and make her wear a push-up bra? Having no tits is part of her appeal people!

KFZ Scrubs
11-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I loved seeing the woman in my sig/avatar on Dexter. But did they have to give her such an ugly dress and make her wear a push-up bra? Having no tits is part of her appeal people!
Wait, who is she? Lol sorry, she doesn't look familiar but i feel when you tell me i'll feel stupid for not realizing

thereefernander
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Wait, who is she? Lol sorry, she doesn't look familiar but i feel when you tell me i'll feel stupid for not realizing

I believe it's Lumen.
Just a guess I don't recognize her either o.o

KFZ Scrubs
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I believe it's Lumen.
OHh Julia Stiles.... that doesn't really look like her. to be honest, i haven't seen her since save the last dance.... wonder what she's been up to before Dexter

ShaneForWax
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Kate Moennig. She was the tattoo artist Deb went to about that symbol or whatever.

YouTube - Kate Moennig - DEXTER.avi

thereefernander
11-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I was guessing :X

"She's into needles why don't you show her your dick"

hahaha. Cracks me up.

KFZ Scrubs
11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Ahhh okay... that was a hilarious scene... I hope she's in there more because things where getting a little interesting, hahaha.
Also, i hope Matsuka never leaves the series... after this weeks episode... i'm dying

ShaneForWax
11-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Heh. Kate went from being a hairdresser, to a doctor, to a tattoo artist. :D

HarperBird
11-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Ahhh okay... that was a hilarious scene... I hope she's in there more because things where getting a little interesting, hahaha.
Also, i hope Matsuka never leaves the series... after this weeks episode... i'm dying

I agree Matsuka in the latest episode when he was describing how those 2 men died and he's like to Deb "i wouldn't touch the hose if i were you", that had me in stiches!

It is weird that this show is pretty dark at times but they always seem to add a bit of comedy, which i find works brilliantly!

With the latest episode the series has really got going now...

KFZ Scrubs
11-02-2010, 02:40 AM
I agree Matsuka in the latest episode when he was describing how those 2 men died and he's like to Deb "i wouldn't touch the hose if i were you", that had me in stiches!

It is weird that this show is pretty dark at times but they always seem to add a bit of comedy, which i find works brilliantly!

With the latest episode the series has really got going now...
Indeed.... finally starting to get moving..... i wonder what Lumen will be to him.
Like there was his brother, his lover, his friend, his mentor.... his... pupil maybe? I'm thinking that maybe after what she said at the end of the episode... and she seems more legit about it than Miguel

tehapoc
11-02-2010, 03:07 AM

Surprised you didn't mention Joey Quinn. Guy's probably more obsessed with Dexter than Sgt. Doakes.

It's that and the fact that Debra's past two love affairs have both died (Brian Moser and Lundy). Could see a hat trick with Quinn.

thereefernander
11-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Surprised you didn't mention Joey Quinn. Guy's probably more obsessed with Dexter than Sgt. Doakes.

Not to be rude, but AS IF!

Doakes had it in for Dexter the minute he saw him, and went off the record to tail his ass for a long time until he finally actually caught him in the act.

tehapoc
11-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Not to be rude, but AS IF!

Doakes had it in for Dexter the minute he saw him, and went off the record to tail his ass for a long time until he finally actually caught him in the act.

Well, once Quinn noticed that Dexter observed him take money from the safe he's been after him. The tension between them has been gradually rising. Only now after his wife died is he able to gain some ground, using the FBI, against Dexter. Not only that, but he also hired a police officer to trail him around as well.

He may not be as direct as Doakes, but he's still very obsessive.

thereefernander
11-02-2010, 03:34 AM
The previews kind of hint towards Quinn dropping his interest in Dexter for his interest in Deb.

KFZ Scrubs
11-02-2010, 03:39 AM
He's not as open about it as Doakes was... so Dexter probably isn't even aware that he's being tailed as much as he was with Doakes... huge advantage.

SmoothAsEgg5
11-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Dexter's kind of to blame though for Quinn being all over him. Like mentioned above, after Dexter spotted him stealing money, Quinn tried to suck up to him and Dexter just straight blew him off while being a douchebag about it.

HarperBird
11-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Dexter's kind of to blame though for Quinn being all over him. Like mentioned above, after Dexter spotted him stealing money, Quinn tried to suck up to him and Dexter just straight blew him off while being a douchebag about it.

I really can't stand Quinn i hope he meets the same fate as Doakes (even though i liked him!)

I reckon Dexter will fall in love with Lumen too but thats more of a hunch!

Aceman417
11-03-2010, 04:24 AM
The one bad thing out being Australian, have to wait till 25th November for Dexter to be on cable =/
Good thing about internet, watch Dexter online day after it comes out =]

Nah, but this show has to be one of my favourites. Loved it in the first episode of season 5 how the first ever emotion Dexter showed, was when Rita died. Shame that other guy got killed though =/

SynysterChris
11-03-2010, 05:07 AM
I really hope they keep Lumen on as a regular. She fits in so well and the scenes with Dexter and Lumen in this episode were really funny. With them going back and forth at each other. I think Dexter kind of likes her, in maybe a love interest kind of way and someone now who finally gets him, and can understand and be let in on his other life. Rather than just his "day" life.

Plus the way she was talking about The Dark Passenger, got me thinking she will stay around for a while.

Plus Dex and Lumen could have a mutual hobby now, they can go and paint the town red, while the Irish Super Nanny stays home with Harrison till he is old enough to start the family business!

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
11-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Something will happen with Quinn but it won't be Doakes 2.0 as it's already happened before and the writers said last season that Rita was killed off as they felt they needed a dramatic change to the usual Dex killing who ever and making it out of the series without a scratch.

Indeed.... finally starting to get moving..... i wonder what Lumen will be to him.
Like there was his brother, his lover, his friend, his mentor.... his... pupil maybe? I'm thinking that maybe after what she said at the end of the episode... and she seems more legit about it than Miguel

I like and agree with this in the sense of Lumen now becoming the pupil. I don't believe she will be long term in the show but more of the pupil in the series until everything is done and dusted with those that abused her.

I in a way predict the Quinn thing will arise in the last 2 episodes and by this time Dex and Lumen will have dealt with those that abused her and Lumen will look for how she can repay Dexter. In the end Lumen will repay Dex for his help by killing Quinn for Dexter as she knows Dexter does not kill people who have killed themselves etc. Possibly she will just get rid of the investigator that Quinn hired to track Dexter and so Quinn doesn't get more information but is now even more onto Dexter for the next series.

Dexter will be annoyed that she hasn't gone by his code but at the same time greatfull etc, depending on whether from now until then, he agree's or is ok in general with the Deb/Quinn relationship.

As for Matsuka, in the past 2/3 episode he has been hilarious! Previous series he has come across as this wierd guy with his jokes etc but in recent episodes he has been awesome, hopefully it will continue!

thereefernander
11-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Interesting Quinn/Lumen predictions Boxset.

Juzt Skillz
11-04-2010, 04:14 AM
And here I thought I would just wait for the season to end and then watch it. Guess thats not going to happen, Dexter never seizes to amaze me.

TVthePunisher
11-04-2010, 04:57 AM
I swear to god, I absolutely hate all these extra little links and stuff around my window...ESPECIALLY when I click them and I get sent away, after writing a long message.

Long thing short - the people who killed people saying they were inspired by Dexter are retarted, because they killed innocents...they're just trying to get more money from lawsuits and Dexter would most likely put them on his table if he had the chance. So the idol kills the idolizers...

Next, here's some pictures of Jordan Chase (Johnny Lee Miller) and Cole (Chris Vance) from either this week's episode or the 8th episode, Take It

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/dexter/images/1/17/Chase_and_Cole.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dexter/images/5/5f/Quinn_and_chase.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/dexter/images/8/86/C-ole.jpg

Edit: Uberly gay, I will now reupload elsewhere and link now.

thereefernander
11-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Has anyone read the books? They take a surprising turn of events than in the Series. Like Brain never dies, Someone important to the whole series since the beginning is killed at the end of the first book, and something really interesting, happened where i'm at right now in Book #2. Dex and Deb arrive at a scene where a guy's arms, legs, eyelids, tounge, pretty much everything on his body is cut off and his teeth pulled....and he is STILL ALIVE!

TVthePunisher
11-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Has anyone read the books? They take a surprising turn of events than in the Series. Like Brain never dies, Someone important to the whole series since the beginning is killed at the end of the first book, and something really interesting, happened where i'm at right now in Book #2. Dex and Deb arrive at a scene where a guy's arms, legs, eyelids, tounge, pretty much everything on his body is cut off and his teeth pulled....and he is STILL ALIVE!

I haven't gotten the chance yet, I really want to. Yeah, Brian's still alive and he actually...well if you're on Book 2, I won't spoil anything from what I know but he's currently alive still even after that point (he appears in another novel after the one you're reading).

As for that character you're talking about that dies, yeah...pretty much everything that has happened so far with her is completely made by the show. Actually, after the first season, the two series split...like alternate timelines. For example, a character in one of the Dexter novels is what George Washington King (the Skinner) is based on and as for a certain character that dies in Season 2...well, you already pointed them out.

MADasaHatter
11-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Can't call it the "best new show" because it's been out for years now.

But I finally caught up and "Everything is Illumenated" has been my fav of the season so far. Masuka's silent explanation of the murder scene only made it 10x better.

SynysterChris
11-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I'm really liking Julia Styles character I hope she stays on the show and they get together. And with the way the show is going with them leaning towards Harrison having a Dark Passenger of his own too, they could become a family of killers.

ShaneForWax
11-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Has the tattoo artist made a reappearance? :( I doubt it, I haven't heard anything from my group of Kate Moennig fanatics. It would be awesome if she did reappear tho!

TestrMorgan
11-09-2010, 06:45 AM
How to properly sum up Dexter... Hrm.

One word: INCREDIBLE!

thereefernander
11-09-2010, 07:46 AM
NICE sig, Testr.

TVthePunisher
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Dexter's finally starting to accept Lumen and this is getting interesting. Next week they're set to set up a killroom together, which is even more than what Dexter did for Miguel. Dexter was highly untrusting of Miguel for a long period of time but with Lumen...he's connected. And with Harrison meeting her, she is most likely going to kiss him (and in this show, kissing leads to sex) soon enough. I mean it's not uncommon for Dexter to see someone else (see Lila for that) other than Rita...

I do hope Lumen is in Season 6 and that Dexter as a series begins to expand upon the "Family of Serial Killers" concept that SynsterChris mentioned, the series will follow a whole new light.

I can tell you one thing - I love Jordan Chase's character. I hope he's more than just an antagonist (looking to be Season 5's main antagonist) and actually turns into a Series antagonist (a character that survives multiple seasons but can't be killed due to various problems). Right now he's sitting at a status of just about being untouchable without having that exact right...if Dexter wanted to kill him, it would cause a huge upstir because of his popularity. He's going to have to think this through...Cole Harmon isn't the only person in his way.

I'm curious about the 5th person as well...if the picture at least confirms three (Dan Mondale, Boyd Fowler and Cole Harmon), then two others are unconfirmed...one likely being Jordan Chase himself with the other still being unknown (possibly the person in the cap, who has weirdly enough a similar facial structure to Julia Stiles though obviously that's not her).

TestrMorgan
11-09-2010, 08:43 AM
NICE sig, Testr.

Same to you Sir ;)

thereefernander
11-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I defiantly see Dexter and Lumen relationship plausible, in the face that he can confide knowing she knows his secret, and will be less ducking and dodging as there was with Rita, which lead to his false Heroin addiction.

MelangeAddict
11-14-2010, 02:13 AM

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Not to mention that I think in the third or fourth the author hints that Dexter's Dark Passenger could actually be more than what we are told, Dokes becomes even more scary, and the kids might not have been dealing wtih Daddy beating on Mommy and them as you'd think.

thereefernander
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Michael C. Hall is a great performer. I like his lead role very much. That's why i liked dexter very much.

Fuck yes, he is perfect. I check on IMDB for all the people who were considered, it's ridiculous!

(Quoted from IMDB.com)
Judd Nelson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000555/), Ben Stiller (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001774/), Jon Cryer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001083/), John Cusack (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000131/), Tom Cruise (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/), Charlie Sheen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000221/), James Spader (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000652/), Emilio Estevez (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000389/), Sean Penn (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000576/), Jake Gyllenhaal (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0350453/), Macaulay Culkin (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000346/), Matthew Broderick (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000111/), Andrew McCarthy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000530/) and Dan Aykroyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/) were all considered for the role of Dexter Morgan.

tehapoc
11-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Fuck yes, he is perfect. I check on IMDB for all the people who were considered, it's ridiculous!

(Quoted from IMDB.com)
Judd Nelson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000555/), Ben Stiller (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001774/), Jon Cryer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001083/), John Cusack (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000131/), Tom Cruise (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/), Charlie Sheen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000221/), James Spader (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000652/), Emilio Estevez (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000389/), Sean Penn (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000576/), Jake Gyllenhaal (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0350453/), Macaulay Culkin (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000346/), Matthew Broderick (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000111/), Andrew McCarthy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000530/) and Dan Aykroyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/) were all considered for the role of Dexter Morgan.

Most of those actors are relatively too old to play the part. That or they're not really cost effective. Macaulay Culkin was probably one of the better options. Might've been good in the show seeing how estranged he looks and probably is.

thereefernander
11-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Me and my uncle had a conversation about how Dan Aykroyd might have been decent.

TVthePunisher
11-20-2010, 02:51 AM
http://mydirtyglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/PS5oT1.gif

Ryan2099
11-20-2010, 08:39 AM

(Quoted from IMDB.com)

10 years ago Judd Nelson would have made an awesome Dexter

http://mydirtyglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/PS5oT1.gif

HAHAHAHA....awesome

thereefernander
11-22-2010, 03:21 AM
MAN! The next episode could not be MORE intense!!! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TIL' NEXT WEEK!!!

Ryan2099
11-22-2010, 07:10 AM
With Rita dying and the introduction of Lumen I was skeptical as to how much I would like the next season. So far, this has been the best season yet, Julia Stiles is a awesome actress and Dexter becomes more human every episode. I'm really liking how they don't have Rita visiting Dexter as a figment of his imagination. I hope the Luman character is around for next season.

Genesis x360a
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Ive just skipped all the posts in this thread because i dont want to see any spoilers :p Ive just finished watching Season 1 after a freind recomended it to me and its f'in awesome! Starting season 2 today i think :)

TVthePunisher
11-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Want to see Dexter "kicka some ass"?

YouTube - Dexter kicks Barry's ass "By the way, that's your Kidney" (DEXTER - Dexter beatdown scenes 1)

Awesome scene my friends.

SmoothAsEgg5
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I actually just literally finished the episode. things are really getting interesting. u just know liddy is gonna tell debra and cause even more drama. and though jordan chase is the main villian, i have a feeling liddy will be the last one on the table come seasons end

thedaydreamkid
11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Only 3 episodes left for the season to boot. Things are going to be intense the next couple episodes!:eek:

thereefernander
11-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Want to see Dexter "kicka some ass"?

YouTube - Dexter kicks Barry's ass "By the way, that's your Kidney" (DEXTER - Dexter beatdown scenes 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xABNYeJRJX8)

Awesome scene my friends.

I LOVED that part!

I actually just literally finished the episode. things are really getting interesting. u just know liddy is gonna tell debra and cause even more drama. and though jordan chase is the main villian, i have a feeling liddy will be the last one on the table come seasons end

Liddy definitely has some business coming to him.

MelangeAddict
11-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Things are really picking up now that Jordan knows they are after him and that Liddy is sticking his stupid nose in things.

Final person to be laid on the table: Jordan or Liddy? and who gets to do the kill?

tehapoc
11-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Isn't there still a Fuentes brother still running around?

TVthePunisher
11-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Isn't there still a Fuentes brother still running around?

He's fallen into a plothole. Besides, his brother was in the spotlight for the duration of the Santa Muerte story. Both Marco and Carlos were at Club Mayan...and it was Marco who killed Yasmin Aragon, taking a shot at Quinn (and apparently, because it was never shown, he ran off at this point). Marco is on the loose but Marco only had one ACTUAL appearance and that was at the Club...before that, he was just in a mugshot picture. Even then, you didn't see him act...all he did was stand at a railing, then sit down talking in the background like some Extra...and of course he shot Yasmin and shot at Quinn...

TVthePunisher
11-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Things are really picking up now that Jordan knows they are after him and that Liddy is sticking his stupid nose in things.

Final person to be laid on the table: Jordan or Liddy? and who gets to do the kill?

My prediction: Liddy is going to be framed for the killings of The Group/Circle (basically, Boyd, Dan and Cole so far), Jordan will unfortunately meet his end somewhere in episode 12 (hopefully not like Miguel in Season 3, at the end of the 11th episode), and Liddy will either finally go to jail or be killed by someone at the end. I would hope Jordan would die last, rather than Liddy (maybe Jordan kills Liddy for whatever reason) but Liddy is stated to appear in every episode including the final one for this season...however, I'm worried about Chase's character. I heard he only has 6 appearances and if you count him speaking in Episodes 2 and 3, then that means he has just this upcoming episode.

What of the other two men in the photograph then? With 3 episodes left, they have to be found...or maybe they'll be a subject for Lumen in Season 6 (if, provided, she survives).

Second prediction: Both Debra and Quinn will realize who Dexter truly is, but will accept it (Debra because it's her brother AND that's what happened in the novels...apparently...and Quinn merely for the sake of his love for Debra). Liddy will be dealt with, probably by Quinn killing him (though will that put him on Dexter's table?) and as will Jordan Chase. Quinn may also die at the end of this season...however, he is currently listed THIRD just after Jennifer Carpenter in the cast during the opening titles. C.S.Lee is fourth, Laguerta's actress is fifth and David Zayas is sixth with Julia Stiles still being a "Guest Star".

Third prediction: Arthur Mitchell will revealed to be dead to Debra and POSSIBLY Homicide as a whole...Jonah Mitchell will start to play a part again and Debra will figure out that Dexter is responsible for the deaths of Brian Moser, Lila West (her alias was Lila Tournay), Miguel Prado and Arthur Mitchell (as well as The Group being Boyd, Dan, Cole, Jordan and two other men). Quinn ends up facing off Liddy to protect Debra, getting shot and killed by him. Dexter figures this out and puts Liddy on his table (or improvises and kills him another way). The Group will be silenced and Dexter will have a fresh opening for Season 6 (whatever that may be like).

thereefernander
11-24-2010, 04:03 AM
however, I'm worried about Chase's character. I heard he only has 6 appearances and if you count him speaking in Episodes 2 and 3, then that means he has just this upcoming episode.

SPOILER!

In the preview at the end of the episode, Lumen is shown stabbing who is presumed to be Jordan, as Liddy watched on a camera.

TVthePunisher
11-24-2010, 10:01 AM
SPOILER!

In the preview at the end of the episode, Lumen is shown stabbing who is presumed to be Jordan, as Liddy watched on a camera.

I looked it over a few times and it appears that Lumen is merely practicing for the kill...which is why Liddy goes "oh god" as he's figuring they're about to go kill someone. I can check again here with this video:

YouTube - Dexter Season 5 - Episode 10 - In the Beginning - Promo / Commercial

Go to 14, she isn't stabbing anyone and stops midair as Dexter watches on.

thereefernander
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
I looked it over a few times and it appears that Lumen is merely practicing for the kill...which is why Liddy goes "oh god" as he's figuring they're about to go kill someone. I can check again here with this video:

YouTube - Dexter Season 5 - Episode 10 - In the Beginning - Promo / Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalPIPdUr4o)

Go to 14, she isn't stabbing anyone and stops midair as Dexter watches on.

I think Jordan is going to say something about Dexter and Lumen if she sees her tape, but I think Dexter is going to swipe it first.

megamoviejohn
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Best season yet! I really like Quinn, Lumen and even enjoyed the young girl coming back for an episode. My prediction: Or more so, what I hope happens but probably not, Quinn and Debra find out or maybe just Quinn and he kills Liddy to keep what he has with Debra. Dexter won't do anything because Debra loves Quinn and Quinn helped Dexter by getting rid of Liddy OR Quinn tells Dexter about Liddy and Dexter kills him.

thereefernander
11-27-2010, 11:32 PM
OR Quinn tells Dexter about Liddy and Dexter kills him.

It seems very possible that Quinn would tell Dexter about Liddy tailing him. After all, he wants out of hot water with both of the Morgans (Deb being mad for having Dexter investigation and Dexter...well they've had that tension for a while now).

thereefernander
11-29-2010, 03:09 AM
WELL! This season is getting intense. Everyone is catching on to everyone's shenanigans.

And I guess we all knew that Showtime thrives on sex too much to not let Dexter and Lumen fuck.

SmoothAsEgg5
11-29-2010, 06:28 AM
i NEVER watch "previews" or promos of next weeks episodes.. just meant to throw you off!

But yeah, everything is starting to come together. Deb is such a great/natural detective.

but after tonights episode, i think Deb FOR SURE finds out about Dexter and his hobby after what she said to him while watching the DVDs, and I think she's definitely accept him

as for Quinn, i think he founds out too possibly, but keeps quiet due to his feelings for Deb, and lets admit it, Quinn isnt the most ethical character and could really care less as long he Dexter eliminates bad people

TVthePunisher
11-29-2010, 07:03 PM
TV here again, bringing you Dexter scenes galore!

YouTube - "Bad Things Happen" Jordan and Dexter (DEXTER - Jordan Chase scenes 8)

YouTube - Alex Tilden's Ritual (DEXTER - Dexter and Lumen's rituals 1, Dexter's rituals 4)

YouTube - "I've taken steps to resolve this situation" (DEXTER - Jordan Chase scenes 9)

YouTube - "You look...perfect" (DEXTER - Dexter and Lumen scenes 1)

YouTube - "You've made me what I am today" (DEXTER - Jordan Chase scenes 7)

Gemini_Blood
12-02-2010, 10:04 PM
I am addicted to this show right now. Marathoned Season Three yesterday and there is major plot hole in the ending. First off, I would think the police would have noticed someone was tied up in the tobacco warehouse and not just assumed The Skinner killed himself. Very lame.

SynysterChris
12-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Best season yet! I really like Quinn, Lumen and even enjoyed the young girl coming back for an episode. My prediction: Or more so, what I hope happens but probably not, Quinn and Debra find out or maybe just Quinn and he kills Liddy to keep what he has with Debra. Dexter won't do anything because Debra loves Quinn and Quinn helped Dexter by getting rid of Liddy OR Quinn tells Dexter about Liddy and Dexter kills him.

Dex won't kill Liddy, as Liddy is not a killer. Yes crooked but not a killer his code won't allow him to. My obvious guess is that Lumen will kill him. Though know how the show goes Dex will either set up Liddy as the fall guy for all the murders, like he did with Doakes. That or Chase will end up being the fall guy and it will all link back to him. Though I have a feeling that Quinn will end up in the middle of it all some how, either helping Dexter with the Liddy situation or just turning a blind eye, for his love of Deb.

thereefernander
12-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Holy fucking shit!

SynysterChris
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Well I was wrong. LOL

Though it looks like Quinn may get blamed now for Liddy's death. Because of his blood on his shoe, because they made a point of showing it.

Also the end had me like WTF no this can't be it, I can't wait another week.

thereefernander
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Definitely cannot wait another week for the season finale!!!

Interesting theory about the blood on the shoe Chris. But I think that may be how they find the body in the first place. Quinn gets home, finds the blood on his shoe, orders a test and it comes up to be Liddy's, he goes to the last place he thought he was. But I could also be wrong. I also think the person with the glove who Deb has at gun point isn't Dexter but in fact Lumen....All guesses, only next Sunday will tell.

Good thing there is a sixth season coming also!

tehapoc
12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I also think the person with the glove who Deb has at gun point isn't Dexter but in fact Lumen.

Probably wouldn't mode over well for Dexter being how she's his tenant. Then again, probably wouldn't matter much.

thereefernander
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Probably wouldn't mode over well for Dexter being how she's his tenant. Then again, probably wouldn't matter much.

It's not like she knows that Dexter is that close with her.

SynysterChris
12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
My guess it that the glove is Chase. Going to kill Lumen and Deb stops him. But then Dex kills him somehow.

tehapoc
12-06-2010, 08:37 PM
It's not like she knows that Dexter is that close with her.

True, which is why I said it wouldn't matter much. I mean, Deb, for example, was engaged to Brian Moser, the Ice Truck Killer, and nothing happened to her.

thereefernander
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
True Chris, it could be Chase, but where did he get the black gloves? If that is the case, he probably tries to kill Lumen despite the fact being at gunpoint, then Deb shoots the fuck out of him like that Fuentes brother and she gets that same strange rush out of it, then tells Dexter again, that she didn't feel bad for killing him.

SynysterChris
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
True Chris, it could be Chase, but where did he get the black gloves? If that is the case, he probably tries to kill Lumen despite the fact being at gunpoint, then Deb shoots the fuck out of him like that Fuentes brother and she gets that same strange rush out of it, then tells Dexter again, that she didn't feel bad for killing him.

Ya that, would be a way to go. :uzi:
So either way, so serious shit is about to go down.;)

thereefernander
12-07-2010, 12:28 AM
So either way, so serious shit is about to go down.;)

Duh, season finale! :)/:(

TVthePunisher
12-07-2010, 12:47 AM
WOW WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE! More scenes from this past episode guys!

YouTube - Previews for Episode 512 (Season 5, Episode 12) - The Big One

YouTube - "A cat that Hiccups and Farts at the Same Time" - DEXTER (Dexter and Lumen comical scenes 1)

YouTube - Checking Quinn's Apartment (DEXTER - Dexter and Lumen scenes 3)

YouTube - "Can't leave any witnesses" - (DEXTER - Jordan Chase scenes 10)

YouTube - "I don't have time for you" - (DEXTER - Dexter vs. Liddy scene)

megamoviejohn
12-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Best show! I'm happy I guessed Dexter killing Liddy :p but seriously, Dexter normally wouldn't but Liddy put him into a posistion where Liddy had to go! I LOVE how Quinn and Dexter both know Dexter killed Liddy and Quinn knows Dexter is onto him (thats how those misleading trailers make it seem but you can't trust them EVER). Fantastic season though, I read yesterday its been renewed for season 6 and they want to do a season 7 but many key actors need new contracts! BUT I think 2 weeks ago, Dexter had its best ratings ever so this show gets more popular by the week! Bring on 10 seasons!

thereefernander
12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I wonder if Dexter got the same rush from killing Liddy..

lowbudget
12-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I cant believe he let his code fly out the window just like that. He was completely prepared to kill Quinn just because he was a threat? Where was that with Doakes?

SynysterChris
12-13-2010, 06:52 AM
Just watched the season finale it was good, but bad at the same time don't want to spoil anything but I was hoping for something else.

MADasaHatter
12-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Just watched the season finale it was good, but bad at the same time don't want to spoil anything but I was hoping for something else.

Truth. I'll wait until people start responding to confirm people have seen the finale, but I think my major problem with the ep is that it can't beat last season. As much as I knew deep down that a Dex finale couldn't match up to the epicness of season 4, I think I held on to hope.

Don't get me wrong- it was a good one. It had enough weight to it with the suspense and the initial lead up to the "kill", but the way Lumen and Chase was wrapped up in the first 40 minutes kind of had me thinking that the last 20 minutes would have something more.

I almost felt like there should have been one extra ep in this season before this one maybe to really explain Jordan Chase some more or to have Quinn's story wrap up and breathe a little.

All that being said, nothing came off as corny or unbelievable. I really liked how Deb developed this season, turning into a badass cop instead of the whiney foul mouthed thing that she was in previous seasons. I'm basically just glad she wasn't a victim for once. She does have Harry's genes after all.

KFZ Scrubs
12-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Yea, Dev is freaking smart as hell and nothing passes by her now.... i mean Dexter is going to have an even harder time moving around. But maybe since he has that favor now from you know who... he can use it to distract her at some points or something like that. I agree with the post above me... nothing can top season 4 which is by far my favorite of the 5 seasons. Season 4's finale will be extremely hard to top.... but i can't wait till next year already.

VladimirK
12-14-2010, 07:37 AM
I did enjoy the finale, but did anybody felt it was actually kinda slow paced?
Watching the second last one, it felt like loads happened then the finale started and things just went pretty slowly.

Sure, everything got answered in some way, but it never really had any urgency for me.

MADasaHatter
12-14-2010, 05:24 PM
I didn't feel it slow at all. I thought the first 40 minutes seemed to wrap everything up so fast that it didn't have time to settle in.

My biggest concern though was that Dex crashed his car on the way to the camp, slipped out bleeding and no one inspected the car as a crime scene? I guess it's just a discarded plot device.

tehapoc
12-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I didn't feel it slow at all. I thought the first 40 minutes seemed to wrap everything up so fast that it didn't have time to settle in.

My biggest concern though was that Dex crashed his car on the way to the camp, slipped out bleeding and no one inspected the car as a crime scene? I guess it's just a discarded plot device.

In the third season, he bled out a little bit in the warehouse where he killed Miguel, I believe, and nothing came out of that.

Ryan2099
12-15-2010, 02:53 AM
It's being reported that Michael C. Hall(Dexter) and Jennifer Carpenter(Debra) have filed for divorce. As the article says, it makes you wonder how this will work with next season.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/14/dexter-stars-file-for-divorce/?hpt=T2

KFZ Scrubs
12-15-2010, 03:17 AM
It;s being reported that Michael C. Hall(Dexter) and Jennifer Carpenter(Debra) have filed for divorce. As the article says, it makes you wonder how this will work with next season.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/14/dexter-stars-file-for-divorce/?hpt=T2
Awwww mannn.... if they can't work together on set... most likely they'll kill Deb off. If they don't do that they'll probably end the Season.
or there area alternatives.... i mean they can have it where she's so close to catching Dexter that he finds some way to transfer her to a different station for a better job.

thereefernander
12-15-2010, 04:59 AM
They can't kill Deb, Dexter would be totally lost! He always gets anonymous advice from her.

KFZ Scrubs
12-15-2010, 05:00 AM
They can't kill Deb, Dexter would be totally lost! He always gets anonymous advice from her.
Yea, if anything and they can't work together.... long distance assignment or promotion to another place

tehapoc
12-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Doesn't sound like they have a bitter relationship with each other, though.

KFZ Scrubs
12-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Doesn't sound like they have a bitter relationship with each other, though.
I hope not, i guess it's just a worse case scenario if they can't get along in the workplace.... i don't know if it'd be awkward to be working with someone you just divorced

thereefernander
12-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Never mix business and pleasure?

Lizard UK
12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
The finale was pretty good, certainly not the best but it was always going to be difficult to top season 4. They tried hard to put a bow on everything to wrap up the season nicely, but it felt like they rushed certain things and everything just abruptly came to an end. Maybe I was expecting too much…more a cliffhanger ending or something else. The ending had no momentum going into season 6.

I understand that most people probably don't want a sidekick for Dexter for the long term. In my opinion, it wouldn't be good seeing Dexter and Lumen working in pairs over the next season or two.
But was anyone annoyed that Lumen just suddenly left Dexter? She got what she wanted, she has gotten rid of her dark passenger and can't be with Dexter because he still has his? They probably had to get Julia Stiles off the show but it was still a bit lame and rushed. It was almost like she said..."I have to go now, my planet needs me".

TVthePunisher
12-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Varied opinions, very nice.

Well...I'm happy with the finale. I was dissapointed that Jordan was done in so quickly but hey, what can you say...the focus was more on Lumen anyways. I felt most of the Group was done in so fast that there was little time for character development while they were alive, so instead more was built on after their death via the investigation into the Barrel Girls case. Chase was starting to show some awesome changes...I just wish he would have done this two episodes ago, so it would have turned out better (in fact, I'd rather them have introduced him SOONER than the 7th episode of the Season).

I'm relieved Dexter chose to spare Quinn from imprisonment (he was pretty much holding Quinn's fate in his hand), so that shows he has mercy for someone that Debra cares about and he probably realized Quinn was innocent in the long run (he backed out of the investigation on Dexter afterall).

I am dissapointed in the fact that Debra didn't find out about Dex and Lumen...so of course they put up a plastic sheet for her to spare them from being caught (which I knew was going to happen one way or the other). Ah well...she's one hell of a detective though, each Season she's only a step behind her brother...soon she may be ahead of him.

Final notes: I'm still pissed about the whole Santa Muerte thing. It was basically a sub-plot for the first half of the Season that completely dissapeared by the second half. No closure with Cira Manzon (her last appearance had Debra simply badmouthing her in passing and that was the last we saw), no fucking idea where Marco Fuentes went and the whole case just kind of dissapeared by Episode 9 (with the last reference to it being that episode). Really, Season 5 felt like a Family Guy episode...because they always start off with one plot for the first 15 minutes, that somehow LINKS into the second plot for the last 15 minutes...yet everyone's forgotten about the first plot by the end of the second. That's not to insult this season in any way...but to compare it. For example:

Peter buys a retarded horse, this horse is a focus for the first 15 minutes and then is killed...next thing you know, we're focused on some other plot all together as if the horse never existed. At the end of the episode the horse is thrown through the window and that closes it out.....
Quagmire spies on Lois in the bathroom and becomes a sexual deviant that everyone hates. After saving a girl's life, the whole thing is forgotten and suddenly Peter wants to be remembered...so the entire story switches to Peter becoming blind and ending up a hero.
So basically...Dexter focuses on Lumen and the Group, Debra focuses on Santa Muerte for the first half of the Season...then that vanishes and focuses on Barrel Girls. THE ONLY THING I see that came from Santa Muerte is Debra's understanding of vigilante killing...which ultimately formed her stance on the matter when she had Lumen and Dexter at gunpoint behind the plastic. If she had not worked with Cira and killed Carlos, she may have just found out about her brother and Lumen...with both ending up in jail. It's her feelings of the outcome of that sub-plot that shaped who she became...and maybe that will help her see past Dexter's killing ways when she FINALLY, finally discovers the truth about him.

Fun fact: Deborah, by the end of the first book, knows what Dexter truly is and learns to live with it. BTW yes the name is spelt Deborah, weird huh?

thereefernander
12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
True yeah (BOOK SPOILER) I didn't get that far into the second, but she did see him and Brian kill LaGuerta.

As the the Santa Muerte thing, I think they are just trying to leave open waters to go back to, incase they need a filler or some bullshit. I also wondered about this, But I could be wrong.

AND as for Family guy, they're just trying to make it funny, it isn't really supposed to follow a straight plot/story, it's just a bunch of random funny shit.

megamoviejohn
12-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Nothing can compete with last years epic finale but this still felt sort of like a letdown. Jordan Chase had his chance to get away on his flight but decided to stay back to duel with Dexter...

That sheet covering Dex and Lumen from Deb was pretty weak, I think it's time she fucking finds out. It's getting old watching her arrive late to the crime scene and never actually catching Dex in the act, or like the finale, catching dex in the act but letting them go without even catching a glimpse.

I thought it was a great season but I felt it ended abruptly as some said, it felt like the last 2 episodes were rushed.

Takamura Bear
12-17-2010, 02:25 AM
May I join in on this discussion, my beloved Dexter fans? Well, you see, I've never seen an episode of Dexter, not ever. -___-

I've heard about it since it first came out, but never gave it a try, like a lot of other awesome shit I ended up watching in the end. >_>

Always knew the general synopsis of Dexter was that he's a serial killer, killing other serial killers. Anyway, watched the first episode yesterday and thought...this is interesting.

A guy that likes cutting woman to bits and draining their blood. I thought it was the fat guy that likes raping woman and filming his actions, but it turns out it's not him. :confused:

It seems to be very psychological type of show, which I always enjoy. However, what I like is Dexter's character and whole mind games aspect. I really dig that. Plus, it seems he doesn't like sex, likes eating fruit...weirdo. o_0

So far, this some pretty good shit, if I do say so myself. I hope it gets even better, with even more fucked up serial killers for Dexy to kill.

I'll watch an episode or two a day, so I should finish the first season within the next couple of days. But I am behind all of you on episodes, so therefore I am a vrigin. A virgin of this show is what I meant. >_>